Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Starting Again ❯ And The Nightmares End ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Disclaimer: I do not own anything relating to Gravitation and I do not claim ownership to any of the characters in this story. I am simply a tremendous fan of the show and I wanted to write a fanfic. Please don't hold that against me.

A/N: I'm sorry it took so long for me to get this chapter out but here it is...done. I'm not quite sure if this will be the final chapter because I'm writing it off the top of my head. If it does turn out to be the last chapter of this fic then I should inform you all that I may have some more fics relating to this one coming out...if you all want me to write them that is. Anyways, enjoy this chapter. ^_^ On with the story then...




Starting Again Chapter VIII: And The Nightmares End


Eiri arrived home just ten minutes after leaving NG Studios. As soon as he got out of his car he bolted towards his apartment but what he saw when the door came in sight made him stop short. There, staring blankly at the apartment door was Shuichi, all of his belongings piled up in the green blanket he had brought them in.

"Shu-chan, where are you going?" Eiri asked quietly. He knew exactly what Shuichi was trying to do, but Eiri refused to allow him to go through with it.

"What does it look like I'm doing, Eiri? I'm leaving." Shuichi answered, his voice flat and filled with saddness.

"Why?"

"Because I heard what you said to Tohma and I figured I'd save you the trouble of telling me it's over and done with."

"Why didn't you tell me about your nightmare, Shu-chan?" Eiri asked calmly.

Shuichi was stunned, "How...how did you know about my nightmare?"

"Hiro told me just after you ran out of the studio. Are you really so willing to throw everything we have worked for away just because of a silly nightmare?" Eiri asked, his voice quaking slightly. Shuichi had always been the strong one in this relationship, he never gave up on it even when things seemed hopeless. The fact that he might give up because of a dream shook Eiri to the core.

"It wasn't a silly nightmare Eiri, it was too real. It became too real." Shuichi answered quietly.

Eiri chanced walking closer to the vocalist, the sadness in his voice was breaking Eiri's heart. Slowly he placed a hand on Shuichi's shoulder, "Shu-chan, your nightmare isn't real. You've misunderstood the situation and you jumped to conclusions. Come with me back to NG, I think I have something that will clear this all up."

Shuichi gave a slow nod and followed Eiri back out to the car. They arrived back at NG twenty minutes later, Eiri deciding that there was no need to rush now that he knew Shuichi was safe. They walked in silence up to Tohma's office.

Tohma was sitting patiently behind his desk when they walked in. Hiro, Fujisaki, K, Sakano, and Ryuichi were all sitting in the office as well. They all looked up as Shuichi and Eiri entered.

"Ah, Eiri-san, back so soon?" Tohma asked, his regular smile pasted on his face.

"Hai. Can I have the package now, Tohma?" Eiri asked, holding out his hands.

Tohma looked over to Shuichi then back to Eiri, "Of course Eiri-san." He opened a drawer in his desk and pulled out a rather large rectagular box, wrapped in bright pink wrapping paper, "Here you go." Tohma said as he placed the box carefully in Eiri's possession.

Eiri took the box and turned back to Shuichi, "This is what I was talking to Tohma about earlier. It's your anniversary present. I wanted him to hold onto it because it's not my style to give people presents and if I had it I'd probably avoid giving it to you. I knew Tohma would never let me forget." That said Eiri handed the box over to Shuichi.

Shuichi took the box and sat down next to Hiro to open it, what was inside made him gasp. Inside the box, wrapped in white tissue paper were four items. The first was a picture of their wedding kiss placed in an emaculate silver frame where the words 'Ashiteru zutto' were engraved. The second item was a five by ten picture of Eiri inside of an ebony frame. Shuichi was amazed that Eiri had even allowed his picture to be taken, let alone placed in something that could be displayed.

The third item Shuichi found was a package of airline tickets to Hawaii. Shuichi probably would have tackled Eiri to the ground right then and there if it hadn't been for that last item he found, a simple cd. Shuichi picked it up and looked up at Eiri for an explaination.

"It's a cd of poems that I wrote about you. I asked to borrow one of the recording studios so that I could recite them for you and you could listen to them whenever you want." Eiri stated at Shuichi's confused look.

The pink-haired vocalist was in the writer's arms before Eiri even had the chance to blink, "Eiri-chan, gomen nasai. I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions. To think you did all this for me and I was so quick to mistrust you. I'm a terrible husband Eiri, just terrible."

"Shhh, Shu-chan, you are not a terrible husband. You doubted me because of how I treated you in the past and I can't blame you for it." Eiri said soothingly while gently rubbing Shuichi's back.

Shuichi stopped crying after a few minutes. He looked up at Eiri and gave the writer a shaky smile, "I have something for you too Eiri-chan, wait here a minute." With that Shuichi took off out of the office.

Shuichi returned in a matter of minutes only to find that everyone but Eiri had left the room. "Where'd everyone go?" Shuichi asked as he approached Eiri.

"Hiro told them that what you were giving me was really personal and you probably wouldn't want and audience. Tohma was extreamly reluctant to leave but Hiro mentioned that Mika was waiting for him and he left. So, what is it you wanted to give me?"

Shuichi looked up at Eiri and handed him a rather beaten up binder. Eiri looked at it in confusion for a moment before Shuichi explained, "It's my journal, well, sort of. It's actually a combination of journal, songbook, and photo album. Hiro bought the binder for me as a birthday present when I turned eighteen and since then I've been adding things to it. Hiro would get mad at me because I wouldn't let him touch it, let alone look through it. He wasn't to happy when I said I was giving it to you."

"Why are you giving it to me?" Eiri asked, still confused.

"Because that binder holds everything that make me who I am, I want you to have it. I want you to know all my secrets Eiri, you're the only person I trust with them." Shuichi said quietly. He expected Eiri to say it was stupid, but that wasn't what came out of his lover's mouth.

"I don't deserve it Shu-chan, I really don't. You've given me more than anyone else in the world ever has and you just keep on giving me more and more every day. You giving me something like this Shuichi, means a lot to me."

"I know Eiri. Giving you that as a gift is my way of saying I won't disappear, I won't go away. I told you in New York that I'd always chase you and that I'd never let you go. That binder holds all my secrets Eiri, everything I considered important is in there, that binder is my proof that if you don't leave me alone, I'll never leave you alone."

"Aishiteru zutto, Shu-chan."

"Aishiteru zutto, Eiri-chan, and no nightmare will ever make me doubt you again."

"C'mon Shu-chan, lets go home. We have some packing to do."

"Huh? Oh yeah, Hawaii here we come!" Shuichi said as he grabbed Eiri's hand and practically dragged the poor writer out of the studio building.

Eiri just sighed and allowed his hyper lover to drag him out to the car. There might always be times when they doubted each other, but now they knew that no matter what happened, their worst nightmare would never become reality.

~Owari~





Well, it's finally over, but I hope you enjoyed the ending. I want to thank all the people who have read and reviewed my story since I began writing it...it was all of you who helped me follow through with it and get it done and I owe this entire story to you. So, I dedicate Starting Again to all the people who reviewed my work at least once. My extreamy thanks go out to one person in particular and that person is Misura. You have followed my story since it was first posted and have reviewed every chapter I've posted. Domo arigatou gozaimase Misura-san, for supporting this fic all the way through. Arigatou to everyone who has read my story...I hope you will read, enjoy, and support my other stories just as much. Thank you all so much. Ja ne.

~Frozen Midnight~