Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Torn In-Between Two Worlds ❯ Of All Things To Go Wrong... Why This? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4: Of All Things To Go Wrong… Why This?
 
Shuichi awoke with a start, falling off the bed in the process. He never felt the floor collide with his head; he shook horribly and felt numb all over. He tasted irony blood fill his mouth and he ran as fast as he could to the bathroom before letting it out. He leaned on the toilet and threw up food and blood into the toilet. Shuichi's vision was blurring as he felt his strength leave him.
 
His body fell limply onto the floor as he coughed up more blood. He was in fear for himself; he couldn't stop coughing up the iron crimson liquid even if he tried. Shuichi moved his hand to cover his mouth as his eyes searched for anything that would clean up the stains on the floor. A knock was heard by the bathroom door and the young pop singer weakly lifted his head to see who it was.
 
“Seguchi-san, why are you here?” Shuichi asked weakly, blood dripping from his mouth and onto the porcelain floor.
 
 
Tohma's POV:
I decided to go visit my singer today to see how he was feeling. Everyone thought that I was cruel and wouldn't bother to check up on him, but that's not the case. I'm worried about Shuichi and Eiri both. Eiri's been living with me ever since he and Shuichi broke up. He's been tossing things in random fits of anger and Mika convinced me to go talk to Shuichi and see what's going on. I opened the door to Shuichi's hospital room and immediately heard coughing coming from the bathroom.
 
`Is he sick?' was my initial thought.
 
I didn't know how right I was until I saw the bathroom Shuichi was in. Blood was everywhere. Shuichi was in the middle of the bathroom, toilet in front of him, with blood surrounding him. He had his back turned to me, but I could see his small frame shaking with every heave and cough that racked through his body. His head turned and his widened eyes met mine.
 
A river of red flowed the arm that covered his mouth. My breath caught in my throat and my mouth opened and closed in a few futile attempts to talk.
 
`What's wrong with him?' My panicked mind thought.
 
I forced myself to speak after a few minutes.
 
“Shindou-san, are you alright?” I tried to keep my voice from squeaking.
 
He nodded and went to pull himself up. He slipped and I raced forward to catch him before his head could hit the ground. Shuichi was so light, why was he though? I dragged him to his hospital bed, shutting the bathroom door in the process and getting blood all over my favorite jacket in the process. I sat him down and my phone rang. Now I, being the nice person that I am, answered it.
 
“Moshi Moshi?” I asked.
 
“Tohma, I'm coming over to talk to Shuichi, so don't try to stop me.” Eiri said and hung up on me, not waiting for a response.
 
I sighed at my brother-in-law's antics and busied myself with getting the blood off of Shuichi's face, arms, and getting it off of the bathroom floor. Luckily, I only got the pesky redness on my jacket, so I took it off and set it in the chair by the door.
 
 
Shuichi's POV:
`Why is Tohma here? Better yet, why is he taking care of me?' I wondered to myself as I watched Tohma clean up the bathroom.
 
I don't remember why I threw up or why I was so scared earlier. All I remember is that it wasn't a very good dream. The more I try to remember my dream, the more it slips away out of my fingers like soap. I wondered what that call Tohma received was about. No one would dare hang up on Tohma but Yuki. I shuddered as I thought about him. I still love him and all, but if he comes here, I don't know what I'd do. Tohma took off his jacket and I thought of why he was being so nice to me.
 
`Maybe he just feels sorry for me.' one pitiful side of me thought.
 
I just about started laughing when I thought that. Seguchi Tohma, mastermind of the world and manipulator of all things good and evil, feeling sorry for me? It was too funny to think about it. Tohma's voice interrupted me.
 
“Why did you and Eiri break up?” Tohma said.
 
I looked down at a now interesting spot on the floor and regained my breathing.

“Didn't you ask Yuki why we broke up?... He punched me… He said he didn't love me…” I whispered.
 
 
Tohma's POV:
Shuichi sat on the floor, broken. His eyes were glazed over as if reliving some sort of nightmare. His arms wrapped around himself in a form of protecting himself. I frowned in sympathy at Shuichi and was feeling worried for him. We both loved the same thing, but I guess it was unrequited love for the both of us. I reached over to put my hand on his shoulder to comfort him, but as I did, the door burst open like a bomb went off in front of it. I jumped almost out of my skin, quickly pulling my hand back.
 
 
Shuichi heard the door burst open and barely acknowledged it.
 
`I don't care if Seguchi-san is here with me. I just want to disappear and die.'
 
Eiri stomped in, looking furious. He had seen Tohma read out and was mad. Shuichi was still staring at the ground when Eiri pushed Tohma out of the way and kneeled down in front of Shuichi. When Shuichi looked up and saw Yuki's eyes bore into his, he freaked and crawled backwards until he hit the solid brick wall.
 
`No. Why is Yuki here? Why?' Shuichi thought, shaking.
 
Eiri and Tohma stood in shock at what Shuichi was doing. Eiri tried to move toward Shuichi, but Shuichi put his hands in front of him like he was fending off a car.
 
“Don't touch me! Go away!” Shuichi screamed, wrapping his arms around his legs and burying his face in his knees.
 
Eiri smirked and chuckled softly. He knew this would happen. What he couldn't believe was that Shuichi would actually act like Eiri was going to kill him. A hand was placed on his shoulder and Eiri looked back to see Tohma.
 
“Eiri, what'd you come here for?” Tohma inquired.
 
“Have you gone old to the head? I told you on the phone that I came to talk to Shu-“
 
“Then it was my mistake to let you come here.” Tohma sighed and let go of Eiri's shoulder.
 
“Tohma, this isn't any of your business.”
 
“Yes it is. You're my family and he's my singer. I can't have you interfering with money.”
 
Tohma couldn't believe he was talking to Eiri like this. He's never talked to Eiri this way.
 
“Oh, so now you're defending Shuichi? Since when did you like him? Do you want him? Do you want to screw him, Tohma? Do you want to know what it feels like to have him writhing underneath you, moaning?” Eiri had a look on his face that said `you-can-have-him-if-you-want'.
 
He smirked as he looked at Tohma's shocked face.
 
 
Shuichi's POV:
I was listening to all of it. All of the comments and questions. Tears threatened to come out as I looked at Tohma. Oh, how I felt bad for him. It was ironic how we all got into this situation. I left because I didn't want to see or be near him… Now, look where I am. I'm pathetic. I heard the dry humorous questions turn into fierce hateful comments. I put my hands over my ears and shook my head.
 
“Stop it… STOP IT!” I yelled. The room went quiet and I stared at my special spot on the floor again.
 
 
Yuki's POV:
Tohma wants Shuichi. It was so funny, I forgot to laugh. Shuichi is mine and mine alone. I told Shuichi I didn't love him which was a lie, but I can't go soft now. I heard Shuichi yell for our bickering to stop. I looked at him with an annoyed expression.
 
“I don't want you two to yell. I can't go through all of it. Please stop.” Shuichi said, playing with the string hanging off his jeans.
 
`What the hell is the baka talking about, going though all of it.' I thought, feeling a migraine coming on.
 
Tohma tried walking towards MY Shuichi and I pulled him back roughly. What the fuck was he thinking, getting near what's mine? Shu is mine, get it? MINE. Wait? Did I just give him a nickname? Oh well, fuck it. I went over to Shuichi and pulled his chin up again. He didn't look at me. Fine, he wants to be stubborn, let him be… later. I force him to look at me by moving into his line of vision.
 
“Shuichi, look at me…” I pleaded. Whoa now I'm actually pleading with him. Shuichi looked at me surprised and I smiled slightly.
 
“Shu… I... I'm sorry…I'm sorry for not saying I don't love you... I do…” I finally blurted out. Shuichi started coughing and my eyes widened when I saw flecks of red come out of his mouth and stain my shirt.
 
“Shu, baby? What's wrong?” I asked panicked and worried as I felt him clutch my arms like it was his only lifeline. Tohma pushed me out of the way and I fell on my back. I stared as Tohma ran over to the button over by Shu's hospital bed and rapidly press on it.
 
`What's going on? What's happening to Shu?' I thought as I slowly crawled my way back to Shu and picked him back up in my arms. He was kicking, crying, and begging for me to let him go, but I wasn't going to. The coughs wouldn't stop and I was getting scared for him.
 
It was funny how quickly I changed when I thought he had actually left me. I felt so guilty about slapping him that I beat myself up for it. Now wasn't the time for laughs and regrets. The doctors rushed in and took Shuichi from me. They took out a syringe and I watched in horror as they plunged it into Shuichi's arm and press the liquid into his veins. Shuichi went limp in the doctor's arms and they replaced him back in his bed.
 
Tohma was in the corner by the bed, looking relieved. I stood up on shaky legs and walked over to the doctors, who had by then, went over to Tohma and started talking to him.
 
“What's wrong with Shuichi?” I asked confused. They looked at me and after a few minutes, Tohma sighed.
 
“I didn't think anything was wrong with Shindou-san until I went to visit him earlier. I just thought it was a small case of malnutrition or something related to that, but no. He was coughing blood into the toilet and there was so much blood on the floor…” Tohma trailed off, staring at the ground. I guess he was still in shock or something. I shook his shoulders and he seemed to come back to reality and he cleared his throat.
 
“He has a bleeding ulcer and needs to take medication for it.” Tohma spoke bluntly. I looked back at Shuichi's sleeping form and I frowned sadly. I didn't want him to be like me. It was a bad idea for me to have come here.
 
“I have to go.” I said and started to walk out the door, the doctors leaving behind me.
 
“Eiri…” Shuichi's soft voice filled the air, immediately stopping me in my tracks. I looked back and saw Shuichi still sleeping.
 
`He must be dreaming about me… Why'd he say my real name?' I wondered.
 
“Don't leave me… Don't go.” He reached out in his sleep towards me. I couldn't look at him any longer and I left, not noticing the tears streaming down his sleeping face.
 
 
Tohma's POV:
I felt disappointment towards Eiri. How could he leave Shuichi behind like that? The doctors had already left and I was the only one still there, other than the snoozing Shuichi. I looked over at my jacket and sighed. I would have to take it to the cleaners. I walked over to it and picked it up. I took one last look at Shuichi before leaving and shutting the door behind me.
 
 
(Hours later….Shuichi Is Awake)
 
`Yuki left me… He said he loved me. Was he lying?' I lay there, staring up at the white hospital ceiling. Everything was white… too white. It was slowly driving me insane. I sat up and felt the urge to scream. Scream out my problems. Why did he have to leave? I begged him not to leave, but he did it anyways.
 
I got up out of my bed and walked on the cold tile floors into the bathroom. I noticed a bag in the corner by the shower and walked over to it. I looked at the contents inside and noticed a razor.
 
`I guess someone must have brought this here thinking it was mine.' When in actual reality, it was Yuki's. He was going to be mad once he found out his razor was gone… but then again, he probably has a million more.
 
I had heard once on the news about a girl that had been taken to a mental hospital because of a thing called `self-injury'. I was wondering how someone could hurt themselves and like it. It was scary to even think about it.
 
Now, as I sit on the cold floor dragging the razor across my wrist, I don't think it's scary. I finally know why she did it. It hurts but I feel release as I watch the blood well up and run down my arm…
 
 
A/N: NOOOOO!!! Don't do it Shu-chan!! BAKA!! *sighs* Did you like it? I made it longer than any of my other chapters so here you go. Flames will be accepted but I wont answer back *grins slowly*. Wonder what will happen next time? I'm already working on it.