Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ True Thoughts ❯ Strange Changes ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]


Disclaimer: I do not own anything relating to Gravitation and I do not claim ownership to any of the characters in this story. I am simply a tremendous fan of the show and I wanted to write a fanfic. Please don't hold that against me.

A/N: I was struck by sudden inspiration and couldn't help but start writing the second chapter after just finishing the first. I hope you all enjoy.




True Thoughts: Strange Changes


When Yuki returned home from his meeting he immediately realized something was different and began trying to decide exactly what had changed in the hour and a half he had been gone. His kitchen was still there and had no visible scorch marks in it, his living room was immaculate without any stains or magazines on the floor. His study door was still locked and he knew Shuichi couldn't pick locks, his room was in perfect order. Suddenly it hit him, his apartment was in perfect condition dispite Shuichi being left alone in it for over and hour. Soon after that discovery came another, everything in the apartment was a dark color and everything was silent.

These realizations had Yuki Eiri in a state of complete and utter shock, he didn't know whether to be extreamly happy or extreamly annoyed. Just what was that brat up to? He heard the bathroom door open and headed towards it, determined to find out what Shuichi was up to. The sight that greeted him nearly caused him to faint. Standing in the doorway of the bathroom was a black haired, brown eyed boy who had the same hairstyle and build as Shuichi.

"Yuki, are you alright?" The imposter even had the same voice as Shuichi.

"I'm fine. Who the hell are you and why are you in my apartment?" Yuki asked, extreamly annoyed by this boy's similarities to Shuichi.

"Yuki, it's me, Shuichi." Shuichi stated cautiously. He knew he'd shock Yuki with his new look but he hadn't expected Yuki to not recognize him.

"You can't be Shuichi. Shuichi has pink hair and purple eyes." Yuki stated, still incredibly irritated.

"Oh, I decided not to dye my hair this week and I took out my purple contacts." Shuichi explained calmly. (See A/N at the end of the chapter for an explaination.)

"Hair dye? Contacts? It figures, only an idiot like you would dye their hair pink and wear purple contacts." Yuki said coldly, not wanting to admit that he was extreamly disappointed by Shuichi's color changes. "Now, what did you do to my apartment?"

"What do you mean? I didn't do anything to your apartment." Shuichi stated in mock confusion.

"You did something, I know you did. Something's different about this place and I wanna know what it is!"

"Oh, I just got rid of some of my stuff, it was too bright here. I prefer dark colors and quiet things too but because I'm a musician people expect me to be loud, hyper, and bright so they always buy me things that are like that too. It's really annoying." Shuichi said matter-of-factly as he made his way to the living room. Once there he sat down on the couch, turned on the T.V. and started watching the news.

Yuki simply stood in the hallway staring. These new revelations had him completely and utterly stunned. He suddenly realized how little he knew about the vocalist. He had always asumed Shuichi was exactly the way he appeared to be, apparently that wasn't the case. A cold dread crept through Yuki's body, what if the Shuichi he had just begun to fall in love with was only an illusion?

"Yuki, want to watch the news with me? There's a really interesting segment on that new virus everyone's been getting." Shuichi said enthusiastically.

Yuki groaned, this was definately not the Shuichi he had gotten to know. "Baka, what makes you think I'd want to watch the news? I'm going to try to get some work done." With that Yuki retreated into his study.

Shuichi waited till the door had shut behind Yuki before turning off the T.V. and curled up on the couch looking absolutely miserable. He had hoped that by returning Yuki to his grey silence that the writer would either crack and admit he cared about and needed Shuichi or be happy that Shuichi was more like him. If anything, Yuki seemed more annoyed than he ever had been before.

"No matter what I do or change I'll never be good enough for you Yuki, will I?" Shuichi whispered to himself as two stray tears trickled down his cheeks. He'd give Yuki two more days to show how he felt. If Yuki didn't give him a sign by then, Shuichi didn't even want to think about what might happen.

~Tsudzuku minna-chan!~





Well, how was it? Good, bad, absolutely horrible? Well I hope it wasn't that bad. Sorry if it's short...I'll try to make the next chapter longer. In explination of Shuichi's hair and eye color...he doesn't really dye it every week and he doesn't wear contacts...it's all part of his master plan. Anyways, I hope you're enjoying the story. Ja ne.

~Frozen Midnight~