Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Untitled ❯ Survival, Relief, Plans ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 8: Survival, Relief, Plans
Suguru, K, and Sakano bust through the door to see Shuichi fall out a window.
“Shuichi!” Suguru and Ryuichi screamed as they tried to run to Shuichi. K and Sakano held them back and they struggled.
“Let go of me K-san!” Ryuichi cried as he fell limp on his knees with his head in his hands. Suguru stares in shock at the broken window and fell lifelessly on the ground, tears running down his face in rivers.
“Shuichi…” Suguru muttered...

Hiro sat on the ground in the conference room with a hand in his hair, worried out of his mind. Shuichi was unconscious on the sofa in the corner of the room. He couldn't forget how Shuichi got there and was wondering what horrible things could've happened to Shuichi if he wasn't there.
------------------------------------ Flashback -------------------------------------------
Hiro walked into the conference room to think about things.
`I need to ask Shuichi what happened to him yesterday. But what if he never tells me? What if he doesn't want to tell me? What if-' Hiro's thoughts were interrupted by a scream from outside.
`Wait a minute… That sounded like Shuichi!'Hiro ran to the open window as fast as he could and looked up. He saw Shuichi falling from the top floor and he gasped when he saw Shuichi's body hit a pole sticking out of the wall. He reached his hands out and caught Shuichi as he fell towards him. Shuichi was unconscious and his arm was sticking out in a weird angle. Hiro pulled Shuichi in the room and held him against his chest, being careful of his arm.
He laid Shuichi down on the couch and called a private nurse. He told the nurse to come up to the conference room and hung up. Hiro sighed and looked back at his friend, wondering what could've happened to him. Few minutes later, the nurse knocked and Hiro looked up form petting Shuichi's hair and went to answer the door. The nurse smiled at Hiro and Hiro brought her over to Shuichi. She `tsked' and got out some things to make a cast.
What happened to him?” The nurse questioned. Hiro looked out the window and sighed.
Shuichi fell out of a window.” He continued even though the nurse's eyes widened.
I don't know how high up but he hit his arm on the pole that's up there.” Hiro finished and walked over to the nurse and Shuichi.
Will he be okay?” Hiro asked, worriedly. The nurse put Shuichi's arm in a cast and felt his ribs. Shuichi whimpered and sobbed in his sleep.
He'll be fine. His ribs are badly bruised but not broken. He should be good and moving fine in a few weeks.” The nurse said smiling a little. Hiro sighed in relief and looked at Shuichi. Shuichi looked kind of pale and he was glad his best friend was okay. The nurse's pager went off and she sighed.
I have to leave. Busy busy day.” The nurse reached into her pouch and pulled out some ointment and pills.
This is for his pain. Give him 2 pills everyday and have someone rub the ointment over his ribs.” Hiro took the medicine and set it on the table.
Well… Goodbye.”
Goodbye.” The nurse walked out of the door and shut it behind her.
Normal Time / Tohma's POV:
I grinned inwardly as I heard Ryuichi and Suguru sob.
`I finally did it… Haha! I finally got rid of Shuichi!' Tohma thought happily. His thoughts were interrupted as Suguru got up off the floor and socked a good one in Tohma's jaw. Tohma fell back at the impact and looked up at Suguru in shock. Suguru's face was flushed with tear stains running down his face.
“How could you, Tohma! I knew you disliked Shuichi but I NEVER thought you'd take it as far as… as…” Suguru couldn't go on. Tohma smirked up at Suguru and stood up.
“He was an annoyance. I wanted him away from Eiri and so I took whatever measure's I could. Ryuichi, I'm sorry you got in the way of that and-“
“SHUT UP, SEGUCHI! Just… shut… up! I don't want to hear you right now. First, you made him get raped and apparently you haven't had enough of his pain, so you do this! Tohma, what the hell's wrong with you?!” Ryuichi yelled, huffing for air. He'd never cursed at someone. Suguru had been staring in shock at what Ryuichi had said.
`Raped? When?'
Sakano and K ran outside and shot around the side to where Shuichi had fallen out the window. Sakano fainted at what they saw. They saw no one there. K-san let Sakano fall to the floor, used to his frequent episodes. He put his fingers on his chin and smirked. Sakano got up from his episode only to discover K had gone. He nervously looked around, expecting to be shot at, but surprisingly was pulled back into the building. A hand covered his mouth and Sakano looked back. K was behind him and K let Sakano go.
“We need to check every room that was on the way down.” K said already heading to the elevator. Sakano ran after him.
“So you mean Shindou's alive?” Sakano asked surprised.
“Most likely. If he hit the ground, there would be a lot of blood. Since there isn't any, I have a feeling he was caught somehow.” Sakano understood and they went off to check the rooms.

Hiro looked to the couch as he heard Shuichi groan. Shuichi woke up and cried out as pain shot though his body when he tried to get up. Hiro ran over and gently pushed Shuichi back down. Shuichi quickly relented on account of how much pain he was in.
“Shu, don't move. What happened?... Wait, don't answer that it probably hurts to even breathe.” Hiro sighed and let of Shuichi's shoulders.
“Hiro… Shut up… I'm fine.” Shuichi managed to let out. Sure, his body hurt like hell. Sure, his throat hurt and everything was blurry and dizzy… but, he was getting pissed off from all the worry over him. He didn't want to be treated like a baby. He sat up very slowly and winced as the pain centered in on his ribs. Hiro smiled softly but was really worried for Shuichi.
“Fine. You really gave me a scare back there. What happened?” Hiro asked giving up on arguing with Shuichi.
“It was really weird. I was hanging out with Suguru in the studio when I heard Ryuichi calling for me. I went to Tohma's office and saw Ryuichi crying and he told me that Tohma ordered for the bad thing to happen to us. I wanted Ryuichi to leave with me, but I couldn't leave Kumagoro since it was behind Tohma. So, I went over there and Tohma pushed me out the window. I blacked out then.” Shuichi said quietly. He breathed in a little harsher from the lack of air but calmed back down after a few minutes.
`I guess Shuichi's in a telling mood. I want to ask him what Tohma did to him and Ryuichi, but he doesn't need to talk.' Hiro thought. Shuichi saw the look in Hiro's eyes as he was thinking and smiled.
“Guess you want to know what Tohma did, am I right?” Shuichi stared as Hiro's eyes widened a little. Shuichi's eyes hardened a little in anger and Hiro was surprised. What could Tohma have done to make Shuichi this angry?
“Tohma ordered a bunch of thugs to rape me…” Hiro opened his mouth to comment but Shuichi held up his hand and went on.
“Ryuichi got there before me though and he ended up getting violated also. Tohma also told Yuki to go and watch me… watch…” Shuichi's eyes filled with tears and Hiro enveloped Shuichi in a soft hug, pushing Shuichi's head onto Hiro's shoulder. Shuichi sobbed quietly and Hiro let him as Hiro's hands tangled into his best friend's hair.
He rubbed Shuichi's back and told him to let it all out. Hiro couldn't imagine how that would feel. A friend and yourself getting raped by ruthless gangsters, your “lover” going to watch the show, and now the boss you work under (the one who ordered the attack), pushes you out a window. Shuichi lifted his head up and wiped away the tears.
“You gonna be okay?” Hiro asked petting down on Shuichi's messed up hair. Shuichi nodded and smiled a little.
“I need to see if Ryuichi's okay.” Shuichi turned his body and put his feet on the ground. Hiro pushed his arm in front of Shuichi.
“I'll go. You stay here and lay down. We don't need you to pass out again.” He covered his worriedness with a slight smile. Shuichi sighed, nodded, and let Hiro lay him back down. Hiro walked out of the door and smiled when he saw Shuichi had fallen asleep.

They still couldn't find Shuichi. It was getting so frustrating that K began twitching and touching his gun even more than normal. Sakano sighed and opened yet another door.
“Oh my God!” Sakano breathed out. K shot his head in the direction of Sakano and walked over to him.
“What is it?” K asked and looked at what Sakano was pointing at. Shuichi lay there sleeping in the darkened room. K sighed happily and put his M-16 away. Sakano walked over to the sleeping Shuichi and breathed a sigh in relief.
“Shindou-san, wake up…” Sakano whispered. He dared not touch Shuichi because he didn't know what injures Shuichi sustained. Shuichi rolled over onto his side and groaned because he laid on his rubs.
“Shindou-san?” Sakano said louder.
“What the hell do you want?!” Shuichi woke up and yelled, annoyed at whoever woke him up from his peaceful nap.
`Shiii…take mushrooms.' Shuichi thought when his eyes cleared up enough to see who he was yelling at.
“I suggest you not talk to me in that manner, Shindou-san.” Sakano warned. Shuichi nodded and gulped. Sakano smiled and leaned forward to envelop Shuichi in a light hug. K was smiling and moved to stand in the corner behind the closed door.

Hiro walked straight upstairs to his boss' office. He opened the door and saw Ryuichi and Suguru crying. Tohma stood in a corner, running a hand through his hair. Tohma stopped mid-motion and looked to his right at Hiro. He smiled.
“Well Nakano-san, nice to see you here. Need anything?” Tohma asked like nothing was wrong. Hiro was too busy staring sadly at Ryuichi and Suguru.
`They must really believe Shuichi's dead.' Hiro thought.
“You two need to come with me.” Ryuichi and Suguru were looking up at Hiro and walked over to him when he said,
”Goodbye Seguchi-san.” Hiro walked out the door following his two broken friends. They walked downstairs and Hiro slammed the door open, only for a shotgun blast to come through the door and into the wall behind them. Hiro looked through the hole and saw K. He smiled.
“Sorry K-san.”
“Shuichi” Ryuichi screamed in joy. Shuichi smiled weakly and waved. Ryuichi ran over and hugged Shuichi. Shuichi whimpered loudly until Hiro noticed and made Ryuichi let go of him.
“We thought you were dead!” Ryuichi told Shuichi. Suguru was crying even harder, but this time with joy. His hands were over his mouth. Shuichi looked behind Ryuichi at Suguru and held his arms out for a hug.
“Well, aren't you gonna give me a hug?” Shuichi asked smirking and raising an eyebrow. Suguru practically ran over to Shuichi and broke down, crying all over Shuichi's shoulder. Shuichi wrapped his arms around Suguru and rubbed his back, comfortingly.
“There, there it's all right. I'm here. Please stop crying.” Shuichi whispered in Suguru's ear, trying to calm him down. Eventually, Suguru's sobs turned into hiccups and then faded away. He pushed back lightly to look into Shuichi's eyes and tried to smile.
“Do you feel better?” Shuichi asked wiping away Suguru's tears. Suguru nodded and finally gave a smile. This whole scene was being watched by Hiro, K, and Sakano. They all thought it was cute and didn't want to interrupt.
K cleared his throat finally and Suguru and Shuichi looked at K who was next to them sitting in a chair. Both the pop starts blushed and Suguru tried to move away, but Shuichi wrapped his arms around Suguru's waist from behind and pulled him to his body. K raised an eyebrow at this but brushed the thought away.
“So we're all relieved you're alive. How did you NOT die?” K asked very bluntly. Shuichi sighed and went into the story…

Tohma was NOT a very happy person. His couch was ripped up, courtesy of his anger. After his workers left his office, he went downstairs and eavesdropped on his workers' conversation and found how Shindou did NOT die.
`NO! I thought I was rid of him for good!' Tohma thought angrily. He knew he couldn't go to Eiri about this dilemma because Eiri would have his head. He couldn't put Eiri through any more pain than he was in already. Tohma already regretted making Eiri watch Shindou get hurt. Tohma paced back and forth wondering what to do. His phone suddenly rung and he started a little, looking over at his desk where the cell was shrieking. Tohma walked over picked up the cell
“Hello?” Tohma answered. The voice on the other line brought a small smile to his face. He would succeed next time.
Shuichi's POV:
I wanted to see Yuki. Where was he? Why did he just watch while all that was happening to me? Why didn't he help? My friends were chatting to me and I was nodding and pretending like I was listening. The sun was beginning to set and I stood up, my vision going to black and then clearing up after a split second. Everything was blurry and I was dizzy.
“Where are you going Shuichi?” I heard Hiro ask me.
“I want to go home.” I told all of them. My legs felt like leaves shaking in the wind but I wanted to go to Yuki's house and talk to him… That's right. It is Yuki's house. I don't belong there. Not after what happened. I didn't belong there in the first place. I just barged my way into his life, spouting things of love. I was such a fool. I still love Yuki and I still want to be with him.
“You can't go home. I won't let you go back to that ass.” Hiro's eyes darkened and I just stared at him. Kami-sama, why was everything moving? I'm so dizzy. I felt Suguru's eyes on me and I turned my attention to him.
“Are you alright, Shuichi?” I heard his distorted voice ringing in my ears. Everything was so loud, my head is throbbing. I nodded and slowly made my way to the door, almost stumbling over my feet in the process. When I got to the door, I let out a sigh of relief.
“Ah Shindou-san, you need to rest.” Sakano sputtered out, worrying his head off again. I wonder when he'll actually have a heart attack and lose his hair or end up with a tumor. I bet he already has an ulcer from all the stress he puts himself through.
“I'll rest at home when I'm doing what I need to do.” I told everyone in a final tone. I needed to talk to Yuki and that was that. I opened the door and left them, not really caring at the moment.
Suguru's POV:
I watched as Shuichi left. I really wanted to try and stop him but I don't know what I would've said to him. He seemed really determined and I wouldn't get in his way for any reason. I looked up at Hiro, Sakano-san, and K-san wondering what I should do. Hiro shook his head at me and I sighed. I might as well head home since the sun was going down. But first I needed to get my music from the studio so I could practice in the sanctuary that was my room.
I hate my cousin! How could he do this? Shuichi's never done anything to him other than love Yuki Eiri. This was all giving me a migraine.
“I'm going home also. It's getting late and I'm tired.” I said going for the open door.
“We should all head home. A lot has happened today and I'm sure we're all exhausted.” K said leaving.
I listened and left with all of them, breaking off when we got to the elevator that went up to our studio. I went up in the elevator and quickly went into the studio and grabbed my sheet music from the stand next to my synth. When I turned around, Tohma was right in front of me, startling me into falling back into the stand and knocking it down, sending my sheet music flying in all directions.
“Tohma!” I said still startled. My cousin just smiled at me and helped me up. I stared at him suspiciously, wondering why he was here.
“I suppose you want to know why I'm here, right?” He suddenly said. I almost gasped. How did he do that? I should be used to this by now, but I always get shocked. I nodded slowly and he dropped his smile. I stared into his angry forest green eyes in fear. I couldn't move.
“What do you feel for Shindou?” He asked me. I gulped and my throat went as dry as the Sahara Desert. I couldn't form a word. I bet I looked like a fish with my mouth opening and closing like that with nothing coming out. I couldn't tell Tohma of all people what me and Shuichi are. It would upset him even more. So, I did what he expected of me.
“Shindou is just my band mate. I feel nothing for him other than an acquaintance.” I said emotionlessly. On the inside, I was torn and screaming. This hurt so much to say. I really like Shuichi. What could Tohma be planning now?
“Good. I need you to help me then. I need to get Ryuichi out of the way for right now. I mean for good.” Tohma told me, staring me down. I couldn't do this. I took a step back from him, being careful of the fallen stand behind me.
“I can't do that, Tohma. You know I can't.” I told him, my voice shaking like a leaf in a tornado. Curse my weakness! Next thing I knew, Tohma was behind me, holding me back to him, holding my arms down with one arm and playing with the hair hanging down by my ear with his free hand. I felt his breath on the back of my neck.
“Oh, but you must dear cousin. Who knows what might happen if Ryuichi is allowed to interfere with my plans.” The hand that was playing with my hair went to my neck and wrapped around, slightly cutting off my breathing. My eyes widened when I realized what he meant. I struggled to move my arms, but the arm that was holding them down tightened and the hand around my neck squeezed, not letting me breathe at all.
“Toh…ma…stop…please.” I pleaded with him. I gasped a little for air.
“I'll do whatever you want.” I felt him let me go and I fell onto my knees, coughing and gasping.
“I'm glad you see things my way, cousin. Now for the plans.”
Shuichi's POV:
I got to Yuki's house and knocked. I was so worried but I wanted to know why he would go along with what Seguchi said. I heard something break and Yuki curse, which made my heart beat frantically. The door opened and I stared up into the face of a disheveled Yuki.
“What do you want?”
Suguru's POV:
I walked to my house staring out the ground, carrying my music in my shaking hands. I couldn't believe what Tohma planned up. I couldn't tell anyone. I couldn't say a word about what Tohma had told me. Apparently it had rained from the time the others left to when I left because the ground was wet and there were puddles everywhere in sight. I stopped at one and looked down at myself, eyes widening when I saw the huge hand mark bruise on my neck.
“Oh my…”
How was I going to explain that to my parents? I wanted to try to go to Shuichi's, but he said he was going to talk to Yuki, so I wasn't going to bother him. I thought about Hiro as another possibility but counted that out because that's where Shuichi was staying and I knew he would freak out and I would end up telling everything. I shrugged and pulled the collar of my jacket up and buttoned it in the front, covering the bruise from view.
“That's better.” I breathed out to myself. I continued on my way home and when I finally got there, I ran up to my room without answering my parents worried calls and threw myself on my bed after locking the door and cried myself to sleep.