Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ War Of The Heart ❯ II ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]


Disclaimer: I do not own anything relating to Gravitation and I do not claim ownership to any of the characters in this story. I am simply a tremendous fan of the show and I wanted to write a fanfic. Please don't hold that against me.

A/N: Hey everyone, thanks for the reviews that I've gotten so far. I'm glad you enjoyed the first chapter now lets see if the second one meets your approval as well.




War Of The Heart: Chapter II


Dispite being woken up at midnight the previous night, I somehow managed to drag myself out of bed at eight o'clock, two hours earlier than usual. As I made my way to the kitchen to get myself a cup of coffee, I noticed Kakeru sitting at the kitchen table but Shuichi was suspiciously absent.

My curiousity at where my lover was obviously appeared on my face as Kakeru soon answered my internal question, "Shuichi left for work early this morning, in case you actually care." The purple haired villan told me coldly. Was that how I used to sound? I don't think even I could have been that cold.

"Of course I care! He is my husband after all." I replied icily. I was beginning to dislike this guy more and more with every passing second.

"Oh really? You sure had me fooled when you locked him out of the bedroom last night."

"I was mad at him, it's not like he's a stranger to the couch. In fact, he once told me that he didn't really mind it so much." I stated hotly, I immidiately regretted my words.

"Oh, so this is a common occurance is it? Poor Shu-chan, good thing I've come to rescue him from this abusive relationship."

This guy knew exactly what buttons to push to piss me off and he was pushing them with abandon, though I had no intention of letting him get away with it, "It's not a common occurance and what the hell do you mean abusive relationship?"

"When I called Shuichi's house his parents told me he was living with Uesugi Eiri, so I did a little research. Apparently you were the only witness to a triple homicide when you were sixteen, I also saw a fairly recent charge of assult and battery charged by one Aizawa Tachi on behalf of his bandmate though the charges were dropped soon after, and now I hear that my sweet friend Shuichi is confined to sleeping on the couch while his alleged husband gets to sleep in a nice, warm bed. Does it seem fair to keep Shuichi here with you when you treat him so horribly?" Kakeru managed to say all of this in a voice that was surprisingly calm and sure, he seemed to think I would agree with him without hesitation.

"The past is the past and it is none of your concern, as for Shuichi, I treat him better than anyone else and how dare you suggest otherwise. Shuichi says you only came here for a visit, but you came for something else didn't you?"

"As a matter of fact, I did come for something else." Reaching up he took the contacts out of his eyes revealing two cold grey eyes, next he removed the purple wig to reveal platinum blonde hair, "I came here to get Shuichi. I used to live next door to Shuichi, my parents were Americans. I was in all of Shuichi's classes, he stood up for me when people insulted the way I looked. Shuichi's my hero. I did everything I could to look like him but decided to reverse the colors of my hair and eyes so that we could be told apart.

"Shuichi and I were inseperable, but my parents saw something in Shuichi I didn't see at the time. Somehow they knew all along that he was gay and they didn't want me around him. They were afraid I'd end up like him, they went so far as to move away from Japan, only to realize it was too late. I suppose I had been in love with Shuichi from the start and I hated my parents for taking me away from him. I decided to use my college vacation to come find him and take him back to America with me."

"Never gonna happen Kakeru, Shuichi's staying right here with me. This is where he belongs." There was no way this guy was going to take my Shu-chan away from me, not after all we had to do to make this relationship work.

"Oh, you really think so? You saw how he acted last night, I heard it all from him yelling my name to him pushing you to the floor. Just give him up now and save your dignity. No matter how much you fight I'll make sure I'm the one who wins him in the end."

"I refuse to give him up to you. You have no idea how hard we worked to make it to where we are today and I'll be damned if I let you ruin it now! He's not a trophy, you can't win him like some stuffed bear at a carnival, he's a person and can make his own choices." This guy had no respect for Shuichi at all, this was all some game to him.

"I am well aware of Shuichi's ability to make choices, which is why I know for a fact he'll choose me over you any day." Kakeru said confidently, striding out the door before I could reply.

"And so, the war for Shuichi's heart has begun and I most definately will not be defeated." I said to the empty apartment before going back into the bedroom to get ready for work.

~Tsudzuku minna-chan!~





Well, what'd you all think of chapter II? I decided to write the whole story from Eiri's POV. I forgot to mention that this story is post Starting Again so if you haven't read that story you might be a little lost. Thanks again to everyone who's been reviewing, and I'm sorry if I haven't been replying to reviews lately, I've been busy but I'll reply from now on so make sure to leave a signed review or an e-mail address. Ja ne.

~Frozen Midnight~