Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ Yuki & Shuichi ❯ Scene 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Yuki & Shuichi
 
Summary: A story of two star-crossed lovers. The love of two enemies.
 
Scene 10
 
Friar Winchester already knew the news. Shuichi cried, “I want to die, if you do not help me. Because I'd rather jump from that tower or walk with robber or lurk with serpents or chain myself with wild bears as marry another man than Yuki.”
 
“Hold, son; l do spy a kind of hope.” The Friar handed her a bottle. “You'll need courage to do this desperate deed. On Wednesday night, take this drink. You will sleep the sleep of the dead, no breath, and no warmth. Then after two and forty hours, you'll wake again.”
 
“Here is my plan: go home. Be merry; act as if you consent to marry Taki. When they find you Thursday morn, instead of a wedding to celebrate, they will have a funeral. They will lay you out in the family crypt. It is there that your Yuki will find you, and together you must flee to Osaka. I will inform him in a letter. It you are not afraid, then take this poison.”
 
Shuichi reached for the bottle and cried, “Give me, give me! O, tell not me of fear.”
 
“I'll send a Friar with speed to Osaka, with my letters to thy lord.”
 
So Shuichi went to her father that evening and begged forgiveness for her disobedience and said that she would agree to marry Akizawa. Lord Shindou was very relieved, and he sent the glad message immediately to the bridegroom.
 
On Wednesday night, Shuichi's mother came and kissed his cheeks. “Good night: get thee to bed, and rest; for thou hast need.”
 
“And to you,” Shuichi said, and he murmured to himself, “God knows when we shall meet again.”