Groove Adventure Rave Fan Fiction ❯ Groove Adventure Rave: A Very Groovy Christmas ❯ The Assassin, The Little Mermaid, The Hamster and The Prince of Darkness ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Groove Adventure Rave: A Very Groovy Christmas
By Adam Carr

Groove Adventure Rave and all related names are copyright of Kodansha and Konami.
All songs are copyright of their respective owners
No infringement is intended


The party gets into swing in this chapter, but a few things before you go:

1) There will be swearing in this and other chapters. I've censored it for comedic value, but it isn't too hard to figure out what it is. View discretion is advised.
2) If you're wondering where certain characters come from, Angela and Ethan are from the first Rave Playstation game, and Matesu and Kiriko are from the second game. Find the games on the net if you want images. Konami's sites are best.

Otherwise, enjoy!



The morning light broke through the window, awakening Elie and prompting her to rise up and prop herself on her elbow.
Oddly enough, she still felt rather worn out, despite the fact that she was a sound sleeper. She rubbed her eyes and decided it was jitters before the party.
The party! Realising there were plenty of last minute jobs to be done, she moved to get out of the bed. But suddenly, a strong arm secured itself around her torso. It pulled her back down toward the bed. She turned to look in Haru's blue eyes.
"Haru, do you mind? " She pouted. "I've got to get things ready."
Haru gave a tired smile. "Elie-chan, it's eight o'clock in the morning."
"Right! And the party's at..."
"Nine pm." He reached underneath her and pulled her closer to him. "You've worked really hard on this. You need some time to relax."
"What I need is to get more drinks before the shops close." She pushed against Haru's hold, but couldn't get free.
He sighed. "You were never this anal when we were looking for Rave."
"That's because we were just wandering around finding Rave as we went. This requires real planning." Her gaze lingered on him. "Please Haru-maki. It's my first Christmas with you. I want it to be memorable."
"So do I." He hugged her tight
Her face gave a stern smirk. "And you'd better be on your best behaviour tonight."
"Yeah yeah." Haru then flashed a sly smile. "I guess I'd better get all that bad behaviour out of my system now."
"Ohhh you perv!"
Haru's hand reached for Elie's face, and his fingers delicately traced her features. His eyes widened. "You're hot."
Elie giggled. "Flattery will get you no nookie, my dear."
"No I mean it. You're burning up." His palm covered her forehead. It was warm to the touch. "Are you feeling alright?"
"A bit tired, but it's probably nothing."
"Are you sure?" His voice betrayed worry. "Maybe you should see a doctor..."
Elie moved closer and kissed his forehead. "You worry too much. I'm alright.." She straightened up. "Now if you don't mind, I have work to do..."
Haru moved up to join her and kissed her on the lips. She blushed and stared.
"Well... maybe I'll stay here five more minutes."
He kissed her again, longer this time, and his hands reached behind and stroked her back.
"Ten minutes."
His lips moved down to her throat.
"Twenty minutes, but that's it." She said breathlessly.
The kisses focused on the top of her cleavage.
"An hour. Haru-makiiiiiii! You're such a cheat!"
She grabbed the covers and swiftly pulled them over the two.


Cattleya looked out the window and shivered. Snow fell softly from the night sky, so white as to appear as if the stars themselves were dropping slowly from space. The way the flakes looped and floated down to the ground was mesmerising. The landscape outside was blanketed in a thick sheet of snow. There was no distinctive colours, just black and white contrasting with each other.
"Boy, I'm glad I'm in here and not out there." Nakajima said behind her. Cattleya turned and smiled at the large talking sunflower. He had been taken down from his usual place outside the house and placed on the living room wall.
"We'd never leave you out of an event like this Nakajima. By the way, what do you think of my costume?"
Nakajima eyed it. "It's a bit... risqué, isn't it?"
Cattleya wore a black, full body leotard with white leg warmers, furry gloves, a fluffy tail pinned on the back, and a small t-shirt and shorts. Cat ears on her head completed the ensemble.
"Oh so what if it is? It's about time I tried something different."
"If you say so, but I'd hate for that Musica to get ideas." The sunflower looked around. "Say, what's Haru's...."
Suddenly, Haru jumped out into the room with a deafening cry of "HADOKEN!!"
"AHHHHHHH!"
Cattleya regained calm and narrowed on her brother. "You prat!" You almost gave me a heart attack!"
Nakajima was gasping into a paper bag. Haru sighed. "Sorry. Just acting in character."
His sister looked him over. He wore a dark blue, ripped karate gi, and a large beaded necklace along with the one which held the Rave Stone. His hair was pinned back in a small ponytail on his head.
"Er.. who are you meant to be?"
"I'm Akuma! You know, from Street Fighter." He grinned.
"Oh, that game Plue keeps beating you at?"
His face slumped. "I don't know how he does it. I mean, he has no thumbs. How can he hold the controller properly?" He glanced down at Plue, who wore a set of foam reindeer antlers on his head.
"Oh how cute!" A voice squealed from above. "And you look good too Plue."
All looked up the adjoining staircase to see Elie peering down from the top. Haru's jaw dropped at her stunning outfit. She wore a very tight red dress, with white fluffy trimming around the arms and bodice, and a flimsy, almost see-through skirt which would have got her arrested in a public place. A pair of white wings were attached to her back.
She settled herself on the banister, then slid downwards, landing in Haru's arms. She flashed a smile.
"Always where I need you."
"You can count on that. Damn, you look beautiful."
She blushed, but Cattleya noticed that her face seemed flushed. As Elie leaned in for a kiss, Nakajima cried out. "Oi! Enough of that. Not while I'm chaperoning!"
"What'cha gonna do? Jump off that wall and stop me?" Taunted Eile as she and Haru locked lips.
"Well.. I.... oh bugger!" The frustrated flower growled.
As Haru put Elie down, the doorbell rung.
"They're here!" Elie shrieked. "Is everything ready?!!!"
"It's been ready since this morning." Exasperated, Cattleya walked into the main corridor, and opened the door.
Through a flurry of snowflakes, Musica entered, and swiftly closed the door behind him. He brushed snow off his brown bomber jacket.
"Hey Catt-chan." He grinned.
Cattleya melted inside. That smile, and the way he said his pet name for her... she gave him a hug, only to jump violently back from his chilly jacket.
"Gahhh! You're freezing!"
"Then maybe you can help me warm up." He leaned down to kiss her on the lips.
"Hey! I can see you from here!" Nakajima called. "Stop that or I'll.. er... I hate this job."
The two moved to the living room, where the main party was set up. Chairs and couches were against the walls, while a large table laden with food was next to the Christmas tree, on the far side of the room.
"Musica!" Elie cried out. Then she looked him up and down and frowned. "Where's your costume?"
"Costume?" Musica looked at his friend's get-ups. "When was this a costume party?"
"Since yesterday. I called you yesterday to tell you!" Elie wailed.
"Geez. I was so busy yesterday, I must have missed it. Sorry." He rubbed the back of his head.
Elie seemed to be fuming. "Great! Now I got a guest who'll be feeling awkward."
Musica was about to retort, when Cattleya stepped in. "Calm down. I've got an old Halloween costume upstairs. He can have that."
The brunette then smiled. "Great! Come on then Musica. Lets see some style."
"Fat chance." The silversmith thought as Cattleya led him upstairs.
The door knocked, and Haru went to see who it was. He heard a shout of "Hurry up Haru! We're bloody freezing out here!"
"I'm a hustler baby, poyo, I want you to know..." Another, squeakier voice sang.
It was Griff's voice, but it seemed tinged with a strange English accent. And what the heck was Ruby singing? He opened the door, wondering what a two-foot high blob and a short, squat penguin could wear as a strange costume.
He blinked as the two walked in. Ruby wore a velvet jacket and small suit trousers, both covered with a horrid zebra stripe design. He also had a velvet hat with a feather in the brim, and more jewellery around his neck than Musica had in his entire shop. Griff was simpler but no less stranger, wearing a black leather jacket on his lower half, a black wig that reached to the floor, and small glasses with purple lenses.
"Alright Haru my old mucker! The blob brayed. "This party ****ing started yet?"
"What up homie! What the dilly?" Ruby said theatrically.
Haru blinked. "What the hell are you guys meant to be?"
"Isn't it obvious, poyo? I'm a badass ghetto pimp!" Ruby attempted to moonwalk into the hall, but fell flat on his face. He picked himself up, trying to look cool.
"See. I got style poyo! I'm cooler than a snowman's butt."
Griff was sniggering under his breath.
Haru blinked in disbelief. "And Griff, what are you?"
"You don't know who I ****ing am?!!!" The blob screeched in that odd accent again. "I'm Ozzy Osbourne! Rock and TV star supremeo! The Prince of Darkness!"
Elie then came up, and squealed in delight.
"OHHHHHH! You guys are so kawaii!!!" She scooped the two into a hug.
"Gahhhh! Unhand me! I'm the ****ing Prince of Darkness!"
Elie stared at him. "Hey, no need for that."
"Yeah Griff. Tone the language down, will you?"
The doorbell rung again. Haru opened the door.
"Seria!"
The mermaid was shivering on the step in a large woolly coat. It was noticeable that her hair was now flame red. Haru beckoned her in, and she gave the boy a hug.
"Oh it's so nice to see you again Haru." She looked at Elie cautiously, remembering the old rivalry that had occurred between them concerning Haru. Elie just smiled.
"Oh relax. I'm not gonna hold a grudge. It's great to see you too." The two women embraced. "Well come in. The food's waiting for you."
The group walked into the living room, where Cattleya was sitting. Turning to the others she said "Musica will be down in a bit."
She got up to greet the new arrivals. "Nice to meet you. I'm Haru's sister, Cattleya."
Seria took her hand. "You have a lovely house. Back home, we can't have much Christmas decorations."
"Really? Why not?"
"They get damaged in water."
Cattleya looked at her funny. As Ruby and Griff joined Plue to tuck into the snacks, Haru spoke. "You've changed your hair I see."
She smiled. "Oh this is just for my costume. Hold on, I'll show you."
She removed her coat and placed it on the couch. Underneath, she wore a bikini top made of old seashells, and a blue sarong skirt. Her Light Shell hung on her neck. She sat down, and concentrated for a second. Instantly, her legs glowed an intense glow, and transformed into a large, blue fish-like tail.
Cattleya jumped back. "OH MY GOD!!!"
Seria looked at her oddly. "Didn't Haru mention I was a mermaid?"
"I might have forgotten..." Haru murmured, trying desperately to avert his eyes from Seria's bikini. Elie gently pushed him aside.
"But where's your costume?"
Seria spread her arms. "I'm The Little Mermaid! I saw this great cartoon about this red-haired mermaid, and thought I'd go as her."
"Worst. Costume. Ever." Griff spoke from the table.
"Yeah Seria, poyo." Ruby called. "Look at me! I have a style all my own."
Seria stifled a laugh at Ruby's get up.
"Well I think it's a great idea for a costume." Elie consoled.
"Thank you Elie-chan." Then her brows rose. "Hey, you look flushed. Are you feeling alright?"
Elie touched her forehead. It did feel warm...
"I'm fine. Now just relax. The others will be here soon."
Seria grinned. Let had to come....
"I'll just check on Hamlio." Cattleya went upstairs, looking at Elie in concern.


Cattleya walked into her room to find Musica rummaging through her wardrobe. Clothes and other items were on her bed.
"See anything you like?" She said coyly, leaning against the doorframe. Musica stared in surprise.
"Ah Catt-chan. I can't find that costume. All I could find was that stupid one over there." He pointed toward the item in question.
"Er... that IS the costume I meant."
Musica grabbed it and looked in horror. "You're joking! I can't go down there in this!"
"Oh relax. It suits you well. I'm CATtleya, you're HAMlio..."
"I'll look stupid."
Cattleya came over and wrapped her arms around his waist. She looked up at him. "It's Christmas. We're all expected to act a little silly." She nuzzled his chest. "And I'll still think you're a hunk."
"That's reassuring." He reached into his back pocket. "Oh, I got you your Christmas present. It's a bit early..."
"Oh that's fine." Musica handed her a small box, Opening it, Cattleya gasped as she saw a gold necklace made up of several thin ingots joined together, with silver inset in each one.
"Gold isn't exactly my forte, but I gave it a shot..."
Her eyes moistened. "It's beautiful. Thank you." She reached up to give him a passionate kiss.
Musica gave a grin. "Well, I better face the music."
"If it helps... I'll give you your present later."
"Cool." He began to take off his jeans. "Knowing you, I bet it's gonna be good."
"You bet it will be." Cattleya thought to herself.


Outside the house, two figures walked up the path toward the Glory house. One a tall, green-haired man with attentive eyes, the other a slight yet curvy woman with purple hair. The two would have looked fairly ordinary, except for the fact that the man wore a purple strapless dress underneath his coat, while his partner wore very masculine coat and suit. Her hair was also pulled back.
Ethan stared at his feet while he walked. "I cannot believe you talked me into this Angela. This is so stupid..."
Angela rolled her eyes, annoyed with her boyfriend's constant attitude. "Well I'm sorry, but this was strictly last minute. Besides, you have to admit, going as two of the Orashion Seis. (The generals of Demon Card Haru defeats in the manga) was a pretty good idea."
"Yes, but why did I get saddled with the only girl?" Ethan grumbled, having admitted the fact that he really did look like the former Orashion Sei, Reina. Angela was going as Julius.
They reached the door. "Good grief." Ethan groused. "I can feel my dignity going down the toilet."
The door opened. They were met with the sound of roaring laughter, and a red faced Musica, who looked ready to die.
They couldn't blame him. He wore what looked like a boiler suit covered with fuzzy orange and white fur and feet sown on the bottom of the legs, and small orange ears.
"Hey guys. Come on in."
Ethan smiled broadly. "I stand corrected. Must have been yours I felt going down the toilet."
Musica didn't answer, he just led them in to the living room. The girls were looking at Haru, Plue, Griff, Ruby and Nakajima, who were all doubled up with laughter.
"Hamtaro's in da house!" Ruby yelled before collapsing again.
"Interesting choice of costume." Ethan observed.
"Last minute thing." Musica glared at the laughing group. "I'll get you for this Kato...."
Elie stepped up. "Hi guys. Great to see you. Fantastic costumes."
"Glad someone thinks so." Angela said smugly. "Hey, are you alright? You look rather warm..."
Elie frowned. "I'm fine!" She sighed as she led the two to the snacks. Why was everyone on her case...


Over the next hour, more guests came, including friends of the family, and more of Haru's from when he had been searching for Rave. Matesu, the master swords crafter, and his friend Kiriko had come from their distant island to see Haru. Almost immediately after coming in, Matesu was mingling with the crowd, while Kiriko stayed by the centre of the room and engaged in small talk with anyone who wanted to talk. But not before taking the opportunity to laugh at Musica.
Exactly an hour after the party had started, Solacido Shapner , one of the guardians of Rabarrier, and his sister Remi arrived. Remi came in complete goth attire and black make up, while Solacido wore a white leisure suit with wide collared shirt. The two hugged Haru together.
"It's so good to see you again Haru!"
"And still in one piece." Grinned Solacido.
Elie came up to join them, and was embraced in yet another big hug.
"Ack! Let me breathe guys!"
Hi guys!" This came from Musica, who was with Cattleya. Remi ran up and hugged him, then laughed at the costume. Musica ignored her, and glared at Solacido, who matched him stare for stare.
"Musica." The green haired man said simply.
"Solacido."
Cattleya looked back and forth at the two. "Er... drink?"
Remi grabbed Haru's arm. "Oh stop it you two. Come on Haru, I want to see the other forms of your sword! I bet you don't have anything cooler than Melforce."
"Wait till you see Million Sun." Haru watched as Cattleya led Musica toward the drinks table.
"Huh. Got himself another floozy I see." Huffed Solacido. Haru stepped up into his face angrily.
"Don't call my sister that!!"
Solacido blinked. "Your sister? Sorry man, I didn't know." He looked again. "She's with HIM!!?"
Haru sighed. Almost a year and the two still hated each other. "Did you bring your blade?"
Solacido reached into his jacket and produced his four- pronged throwing star. "Never leave without it."
"You'd better leave it there with the others." He pointed toward the hall, where a coat rack was placed next to a basket, which stored any weapons people had brought with them. Already in the basket were Ethan's Elemental Blade, Angela's magic wand, Matesu's special sword Terranova, and Ruby's short sword. Solacido shrugged and placed the weapon next to them.
"Probably best I don't have this to hand. If I see him hitting on my sister..."
"Good Grief!" Remi wailed. "Can't you see he's with Miss Cattleya?"
"For how long, I wonder?" He walked off. Remi sighed.
"Haru, do you have a brother?"
"Nah."
"Want one?"


Elie walked around, pleased that everything was going so well. All her friends were here, and she was eager to hear about their past year. But right now, she had to make sure everyone was happy. This was her party, and she was determined that everyone would have a great time.
So far, the only major troubles seemed to be that Musica and Solacido were still fighting, and Plue, Griff and Ruby were packing away lots of snacks. On hearing that the bowl of chips had been emptied, she immediately began moving through the people to get to the kitchen.
Suddenly, she felt dizzy. She stood still, as the world spun around her. Eventually, her vision returned to normal, and she took deep breath, wondering what had happened.
She then gasped in horror. Seria was sitting on the couch, looking sad. She immediately leapt onto the seat next to her.
"Seria! What's wrong? What ever it is, I'll try to fix it!"
"You don't need to..."
"You are not being miserable tonight!"
Kiriko joined them. "Yeah, you've been like that for ages. What's the problem?"
Seria sighed. "He's not coming, is he?"
Elie looked around, and realised who hadn't come. "Oh Let. Well, I didn't have high hopes he would come."
"But I wanted to see him."
Kiriko leaned in closer. "How come?"
"I.... just wanted to see him. It's been a while."
"Yeah right. There must be something special about this guy."
At that moment, the door burst open, and a tall figure strode in.
As soon as Seria recognised him, she gave a massive smile. Everyone else just stared in shock and surprise. Food dropped out Griff and Ruby's open jaws.
He wore a white shirt, pale beige trousers, and a large leather duster. All these clothes had large armoured plates on the shoulders, and knees, with a metal cross on each of them. Around his waist, was a holster with two large handguns attached. A cowboy hat and boots completed the look. Everyone was shocked to see a futuristic cowboy had come into the room.
But the stoic face under the hat was unmistakable.
"Let!" Elie ran forward and hugged the tall man. He just gave his usual sigh.
"Oh I'm so glad you came!"
"It was no problem." He said simply. He looked at Haru and Musica, who stared at him "Nice outfits."
Haru closed his jaw at last. "Damn! That is a sweet costume. What is it?"
"Oh it's from Gungrave, this anime I've been watching."
Haru's eyes widened. "You watch anime!!?"
Ruby trotted up. "Nice suit Let, poyo. Not in the same class as mine though." He said pompously as he took a pose.
Let laughed. He was surprised that he did so. He rarely found things laugh out loud funny, but the penguin's suit....
Haru, Elie and Musica blinked in surprise. Ruby just seethed.
"Griff, what's that word you use a lot?" He called.
"You mean *****?"
"Yeah! ***** you! Poyo!"
He walked off, and Elie began to follow him. "Don't be angry Ruby! I think you look good..."
She looked back at Let. "Oh yeah, Seria wanted to talk to you."
"Seria?" Let spotted the blue tail, and followed it up to look at the mermaid. He silently gasped. He'd forgotten how stunning she looked. Taking a deep breath, the Dragon man walked up, silently cursing the fact his suit gave a clanking noise every time he took a step. He noticed that her gaze never left him. He sat down, feeling rather uncomfortable under her gaze.
"Hi." She said nervously.
"Nice to see you again. Your village is alright?"
She grinned. "Oh better than all right! We're almost finished rebuilding. You and the others should come down. You'd hardly recognise the place."
"That would be nice." His hand reached out to touch her hair before he could stop himself. He mentally berated himself for presenting himself like this in front of her, but she didn't seem to mind.
"You changed your hair. If you don't mind my saying, I preferred it blue." He said gently.
She shrugged. "Oh it's just for my costume. I'm the Little Mermaid. You know, from that cartoon..."
"Yes. I saw it once."
An old memory came to his mind. Of Julia dragging him to a cinema. He didn't move, but his eyes betrayed him to Seria.
"You okay?"
He smiled. "I will. I'll be better than Elie looked anyhow. She looks like she has a fever..."
"Cattleya said she'd been working non-stop for this party. Maybe it's that."
The girl in question walked past them to the front door, responding to the bell ringing.
"Strange, all the guests a re here..." She said to herself.


Outside, a small boat docked in the bay, and three figures walked up the path to the clifftops. They walked toward the nearest house, which had lights placed on the walls and roof.
The three figures were dressed fairly normally for the weather, clad in parkas, snowsuits and hats which obscured most of their faces. But they didn't hide the fact that all three man were blessed with abnormally large buttocks. The leader turned to his allies.
"Alright boys, this is our last hit before Christmas. We know the plan?" Aniki said.
Kobun A and Kobun B sighed. "Must we do this every time?"
"Just because this is the last one, doesn't mean we get sloppy!"
The two sighed again. "We sing carols outside and get invited into the party. You then distract them, and we sneak around and rob the place blind." They recited mechanically.
"Brilliant." Aniki grinned broadly. "Man, this has to be our greatest scam yet. I'll be able to afford that magnum for Mum!"
The Ketsupuri reached the door of the house.
"Sounds like quite a crowd in there." Kobun B commented.
"More fabulous moolah for us!" Kobun A cheered.
"Get ready." Aniki rung the bell.
As Elie opened the door, the three burst into song.
"SIIIIILENT NIIIGHT! HOOOOOLY NIIIGHT! ALL IS STILLLLLL! ALL IS BRIGHTTTT....!"
The songs, ranging from bad to atrocious continued for several minutes, with the guests peering out the door in amusement.
"Good grief. Why do the bad ones come out at this time?" Musica groused.
"I dunno. We hardly get carol singers here." Haru responded.
"Gawd! Turn that sonic leprosy off!!" Griff cried.
"Poyo! You guys are great!"
As the three finished. Elie clapped her hands. "Bravo! Great performance guys!"
"Elie-chan..."
"Oh they deserve something for trying. Hey, why don't you guys come in and join our party?"
Aniki grinned behind his scarf. "We'd be delighted."
And the Ketsupuri walked in. Of course, if it hadn't been for the fact that the costumes disguised the man who had defeated them and is allies, they would have run a country mile from the Rave Master's house.


A distance away, Ogre checked his outfit. He looked like any old derelict you found on the streets. No one would recognise him until it was too late.
He looked at the house. Funny, he had expected the Rave Master to have something a bit more stately, not this tiny little shack.
He trudged up the snow, mulling over his plan. Phase 1: Get in and just earn everyone's trust. Make sure no one suspected him, then onto phase 2...
It was too easy.
At the door, he knocked and tried to look as miserable as possible, using a cloak to obscure his face. The door opened, and The Rave Master was there.
"Damn you look cold. Get in here and we'll warm you up!"