Groove Adventure Rave Fan Fiction ❯ Living A Normal Life ❯ Chapter 3: The New Student ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

RAVE

Disclaimer: I don't own Rave. Just borrowing its characters for a while.

To HaruGloryFan!: Thanks a lot for your review! It was the first one that I got for this stuff so I'm really glad that you liked it! Anyways, here's the 3rd chap!

________________________________________________________________ __

Chapter 3: The New Student

"Everyone, please listen carefully." Shiba, the principal of Symphonia Gakko, said to the students who were sitting on the chairs as the audience. The old man who donned in a formal tuxedo stood proudly on the wooden platform behind the podium as he was to announce something to the student body.

"Today, there was a sudden transferring of a student that occurred just the other day. Although the school year is nearing its middle term, we have decided to give this young man a chance to experience the life that each one of you has in this school..."

After the pretty long but "unnecessary" talk, he finally called for the new student to come out of the stage and see his new schoolmates.

Just as the new transferee stepped out from the backstage, most of the girls suddenly squealed when they saw him. He had a long and reddish brown hair which covered the sides of his face, and he also had a silver-colored earring dangling down his right ear. Shiba then gave the floor to him and the new boy was doubtlessly going to be popular sooner or later.

"Good morning, everyone! I hope we can all get along well in this school. By the way, my name is Harmolio Musica. I came from Punk Street. Yoroshiku!" To finish his short speech, he gave out a gorgeous smile which made the girls almost swoon just to see how handsome he is.

"Tch...what's the big deal about that guy?" Haru mumbled as he rested his chin on his hand. He can barely see him clearly from his distance, plus the fact that he had covered his black eye with a bundle of bandage rolled on his forehead which slanted down to his right eye.

"That Musica doesn't look too bad too...what do you think, Melodia?"

"I know it! He's the one!" Melodia exclaimed.

"Eh? Don't tell me you have on a crush on him!" Elie reacted.

"Exactly!"

Elie just sweatdropped.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

"Musica! Can I take a picture of you?"

"Su-sure!"

*Click*

"Hey, Musica-sempai! What do you think about this school?"

"Do you like it here?"

"Are you enjoying Symphonia?"

"Uh--ladies, could you please hold on for a while? I can't answer all you questions at the same time..."

On the other side of the classroom, the boys grouped together cause they were feeling 'misplaced' in their own classroom ever since Musica entered it. Countless girls were going in and out of their little room just to see or talk to the unlikely Mr. Popular.

"Damn, this Musica's really so notoriously popular right now!" A boy commented.

"This room's gonna turn into rags! All these girls are stampeding here!" Another whined.

"Even my girlfriend wants to break up with me because of him!" Another one added like he was about to burst into tears.

"This is bad. If it goes on like this then our future will be destroyed!" The biggest of the boys voiced out.

"That's right! We have to do something about it!" With that motion, the rest in the group agreed.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Recess time! The students were scattered around the school premises enjoying their delicious food.

Haru was munching his already half-eaten hamburger as he stared at the sky. He was resting underneath a large tree together with Plue, who had become his companion ever since they met each other. As always, the cute dog was eating another round lollipop.

"I wonder what they see in that guy Musica...so he came from Punk Street, huh? Heh! He looks pretty much of a punk to me!"

"Pun?" Plue had a dazzled expression.

"Never mind."

The rest of the day went by smoothly. Musica seemed to have enjoyed his first day in the school, and probably his popularity as well. Almost all the time he was accompanied by girls, which made the other boys get insecure at him.

Melodia sure had a likening to this guy, but she didn't had the guts to show up to him and have a little chat. Elie thought she shouldn't mind being shy because many girls will come to him first if she continues to be that way. But she still persisted on just staying quiet because she knows that Musica wouldn't remember every girl who goes to him. She wanted him to know her in a different way. But it seemed a bit harder. Musica was put to the upper section, and their schedules just won't meet. But Melodia said that she can wait, and believed that her wish will come to pass.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

End of classes...

"Argh! Where are you again?!" Haru cried out scratching his head. His classmates were looking weirdly at him--he was scattering his things and searching every part of the room for the yet again missing dog.

"Uh...Haru?" One of the students had the urge to come to him.

"What?!" He answered back furiously.

The student seemed to nearly freak out but eventually got hold of himself. "Well, I--I think I saw your pet on the school ground lobby--!" he shuttered.

"He's not a pet--!" Haru quickly grabbed his bag and raced outside. "Thanks pal!" He last said before leaving the stunned boy behind.

Haru reached the ground floor a few minutes later. He roamed around the school building to find any traces of Plue, but he failed. Maybe because Plue is too small to leave any footprints.

The tired teen ended up at the other side of the school, the one facing the walkway which was surround by columns of trees. Frustrated, he leaned his back on the wall and slid down to the ground to sit.

"Where could that Plue be?! I don't want anymore trouble now!"

He looked sideways and saw a long sink with several faucets set above it. Then it came to his mind: This was the place where Elie and him yelled at each other. Come to think of it, he felt kinda guilty for acting rude to her and messing things up. She even knocked him out single-handedly!

But weird. He doesn't feel any anger or hatred for her. He didn't know why, and didn't wanna bother to know...

Finally, he stood up to try his luck to find Plue once more.

But his thoughts were nagging him. There was something in him that was urging him to search deep into his mind for the answer. It was strange to him, as he has never been so curious before. He always leaves things with an "I don't know". But this time...

Haru was getting annoyed at himself. He staggered forward but faltered at the end corner of the wall. He shut his eyes close and clenched his fist. Then he raised his arm, and released a strong punch.

"AAW!"

He didn't punch the wall?

He opened his eyes and saw a man on the ground with a swollen cheek.

He recognized him as Musica.

Musica promptly stood up and grabbed Haru's collar.

"Darn you! Are you picking a fight with me?" Musica raged.

"What?!"

Seconds later, the area around them was filled with intrigued students. They thought they're having a match!

"Hey guys! Glory and Musica are gonna have a fight!" A student shouted at the others who eventually joined the crowd.

"Haru?" Elie cried.

"Musica?" So did Melodia.

Both of the girls rushed to the scene. The crowd was slowly getting thicker by the moment that they had to squeeze themselves just to get a closer look.

"Haru's really tough. He's just had a punch from me yesterday!" the brown-haired girl said.

"You mean a deadly punch.." Melodia corrected before setting her eyes on the main focus of attention.

Musica and Haru stood a few meters apart from each other and were both positioned to fight.

Silence filled the area, but the raging and excited atmosphere was distinctly felt. The sun was hiding behind the clouds, but the wind tried hard to blow them away. At the moment the light of the sun hit the ground, the 'fighters' moved, as if being signaled for the start.

Musica took a leap from his position with his fist prepared to attack. Haru dodged down, just in time to evade his foe's strong jab. His leg folded and released a hard kick on Musica's stomach. The red-head slid backwards but was still able to keep his stance. After recovering quite fast from the previous blow, he ran swiftly towards the silver-haired teen. Haru, surprised by Musica's unlikely speed, wasn't able to elude the incoming punch. Haru was pushed aside, his neck almost twisted due to the punch's impact on his face. But that won't make him feel discouraged. He clenched his fists and slued to Musica and tried to hit him several times...however, Musica was able to evade them effortlessly.

"Wow...Haru's found his rival!" Someone noticed.

"Yeah! They're so equal!"

"Poor Haru..he can't hit Musica this time!" Elie thought as she watched his punches hitting air.

Musica lost patience already by just evading his blows. He then raised his leg and kicked Haru's head.

"Haru!!!" Elie suddenly yelled. Everyone watching looked at her. She blushed in embarrassment. "So-sorry..."

Back to the action, Musica was hitting Haru's face non-stop, giving him no chance of fighting back.

Haru was starting to get dizzy. His vision began to blur and his muscles were stiffening. He can't fight back like this...and so he had to do his last resort.

"Heh! Giving up now Haru Glory?" Musica spoke in a mocking voice. He was still jabbing him.

"Not yet--" Haru uttered.

"What? UGH!!!"

Musica's face turned extremely pale. It was clearly visible that he was suffering a great distress. He felt a thunder-like pain in his groin right after Haru's leg hit him on the 'spot'...

The audience gasped. He was coiled on the ground, growling in pain.

Seeing Musica's expression, they seemed like they were sharing his grief.

Haru, on the other hand, managed to grin a bit after realizing he has won. But soon afterwards, his mind blacked out, and he fell straight to the ground.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Not very far from the fight, a familiar group of boys were talking behind the bushes.

"Now's our chance to kick Musica's butt outta here!" the fat boy exclaimed. "Now that Glory lessened his energy to fight, he'll have no chance against the five of us!"

The other four members raised their fists in agreement.

"Here's what we'll do..."

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Haru slowly opened his eye(the other one was still a black eye) and noticed the white ceiling. He looked around and realized that he was taken to the school clinic. His wounds and bruises were already treated and were covered with bandages and band-aids. He sat up and observed the place once more. It was so quiet, with only a small desklamp lighting the room. A white curtain on his left was hanging on a long metal tube placed as a division for the clinic beds. No doubt he was alone. What about Musica? What happened to him? He surely must've been here, so probably he left. Their fight seemed to be unsettled. He thought that he won, but in the end Musica's stamina proved to be stronger. But more importantly, he was searching for Plue in the first place...so where the heck is it? He glanced at the window, the sun had already set.

Then, Haru heard someone turn the knob. He heard footsteps going towards his place. He automatically put on his guard and cautiously waited for the coming person. Finally, the shadow reached the foot of his bed. The person stopped but he knew he was just behind the curtain. He swallowed first before having the guts to say, "Who is it?"

The person peeped and revealed her face.

"You're alright now?"

Haru suddenly fell in the state of shock. It was the girl whom he had an argument with the other day, the girl who punched him to death, and now the girl who was visiting him...?

"Elie? What are you doing here?"

She then blushed and seemed like she was trying to say something but couldn't.

All she blurted out was "Visiting you."

"Visiting me? For what? I thought you'd rather have me dead by now!" Haru awkwardly responded.

"No way! I'm not that kind of person..."

Haru just stared at her.

"What? What are you looking at?"

He abruptly looked away. "Nothing."

Once again, silence ruled the place at that moment. Elie's heart started to throb, while Haru simply didn't know what to say to her. Now that he knew she wasn't all that violent...

"Elie," Haru broke the tranquil time.

"Yes?"

"What happened to Musica?"

"No need to worry about him. He's just come out from here and said he'll be going home since it's late."

"Oh, I see," he replied looking down. This time, he wanted to ask her why she decided to drop by him.

Just as he opened his mouth, Elie spoke, "Guess I need to go home too now." Noticing his expression, she added, "Is there anything more you wanna say?"

"Uh--well, just be careful on your way home okay..."

Elie smiled at him and nodded her head. Then she went out.

"Why didn't I ask her...?"

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Outside, Elie briskly walked towards the other gate exit at the back part of the school. She pondered upon what had happened in the clinic...why was she even there? She already told herself that she doesn't like him anymore. Especially yesterday when Haru acted like a hentai when he suddenly appeared in front of the girls' washroom. But after Haru and Musica's fight, they were wounded. The bad thing here is that only few seemed to care about Haru's state, while the older one, Musica, was quickly rushed to the clinic together with the majority of the crowd. Melodia became worried about Musica, but she chose to come with her to bring Haru to the clinic.

Little by little, Elie's steps lessened until she stopped.

"I guess I still care for him..."

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Almost half an hour had passed since Elie left the room. Haru was recovered now, and he wanted to go home and rest. And Plue? He's nowhere to be found. Haru just thought he could search for him the next day.

Haru was now strolling around the school ground on his way home. He groped at the scenery around him--still no sight of Plue. Maybe Plue had a hidden grudge on him...or maybe he wasn't satisfied with just eating lollipops everyday...or maybe he doesn't like him at all... All these negative notions swam in Haru's mind, but heck. Plue's a dog. Could he ever think like humans? Or maybe he's of a special type...

"Huh?"

Noises coming from the next street caught his ears. There was a fight occurring somewhere near his stance. He followed the sounds which lead him to the macabre view...

Five big boys were surrounding someone who was lying on the ground. The bunch of bullies where beating and kicking the poor victim easily since he was outnumbered. Haru then jumped to them and with no hesitation, he released a straight punch to the fattest of the guys.

The group was startled seeing their leader fall. Since it was dark, they only saw the silhouette of the unknown attacker.

"Who are you?"

"Don't try to mess with us or you'll be dead!" They warned.

Haru then stepped nearer to them and stopped under the light of a post.

"Or should I say it would be the other way around?" The silver-haired boy smirked.

"It's Glory! Why are you--"

Before he could finish talking, Haru gave him a hit on the stomach and quickly knocked him out. The other 3 attempted to attack him all at the same time, but Haru was fast enough to evade their careless punches and gave them 3 swift consecutive blows each, leaving them kayoed.

With the bullies down, Haru rushed to the other one whom those bad fellows beat.

"Are you alright?"

As he looked closer, he found out that he was Musica!

Haru handed him a hand right away and helped him stand up. Musica woke up.

"Thanks, Haru."

"Why did they do that to you?"

"Insecure, I guess. Sorry for bothering you. They suddenly had a surprise attack on me and hit my head with a metal tube!"

"That's nothing."

Musica then had the right balance to stand up without his support. He then smiled at Haru. "You ain't really a tough guy at all! You're different."

"They just think of me as a 'tough guy'. But honestly this isn't who I really am." Haru then turned his back to leave. "Nice meeting you, Musica. Jaa!"

Since that day, the two have become friends.

END OF CHAPTER 3