Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Cruel Fate ❯ 1 and a half months... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own Gundam Seed or Gundam Seed Destiny.

A/N- It’ll pick up the pace soon…

~*~*~*~*

Ruby reached her temporary home. An apartment on 5th Avenue and she lived with her sister. She wasn’t her blood sister, but she might as well be as they look so much alike.

“Ruby-ne! You came home late today…now you won’t have time to take Sophie to see the ocean…” “I’m sorry sis, I got caught up watching the news. Why don’t they just stop looking for the Prime Minister? They’re never going to find her, they’ve been looking for 2 years.” “Onee-chan, they have hope. They’re so dedicated, if she’s ok, Sophie hopes that she thanks them.” Ruby looked at her little sister and smiled.

“You’re so optimistic Sophie, and that’s a good thing. What did you make for dinner?” “Pasta!” “Yum.”

~*~*~*~*

He had been walking for how long now? He had to be somewhere…but where? Mike walked the dark streets of Orb.

“Athrun, I’m pregnant!”

Mike looked around, where did that voice come from? He couldn’t see anyone from where he was standing. He supposed it was time to go home…home.

After an hour, Mike arrived at his apartment. It was a lonely place, it suited his mood most of the time: Lonely.

He turned on the television and clicked it to the news channel.

“Tomorrow is the birthday of Cagalli Yula Attha. There will be celebrations at downtown Orb. In recognition of this day, shops are having sales! Up to 80% off of items.”

The focus went back to the anchorman. “Thank you Patty. In other related news, this case of our Prime Minister will be shutting down after 2 months from now. Our police force has given up looking up for our princess…”

Mike noticed that he looked sad. Who wouldn’t? From what he remembered 2 years back, everyone was in hysteria when Cagalli was reported missing. They suspected ZAFT at that time…

Cagalli…Cagalli…why was he did he start crying when she was reported missing?

~*~*~*~*

Click. Click. Sammy did an excellent job of photography, that was what got her her job. She worked for ‘Post Daily’. It paid well, so she used that money to buy a nice condominium. The layout was beautiful, with 3 levels. That complex made her feel safe since there were security guards at the gate.

Sammy cut her hair in a boyish cut, and wore blue contacts over her green eyes. Normally she wore a big sweater and jeans. On special occasions, she would wear a dress…on very special occasions…

“Sammy!” Sammy turned around to see Lenny, her ‘caretaker’. “Yes?” “Stop taking pictures of those dead fish and get into the bosses office.” “What does he want?” “I don’t know.”

Sammy sighed and went to go see Mr. Takatori. “Yes sir?” “Sammy, I’m giving you a new project alright?” “On what sir?” “Our Prime Minister, Cagalli Yula Attha. Since her case is going to be closed in 2 months, I want to do a special on her. Her life previous to when she disappeared, alright?” Great, now she had to do undercover work? “Sir, where am I going to get information from?” “I will personally get it for you. You have 1 and a half months to complete a write-up with pictures. This will go on the front page and will have to be 3 pages long, understood?” Oh man, “Yes sir.” “You’re dismissed.” Sammy left his office, after he was sure that she was gone, he picked up his phone.

“Magie? Could you take my calls and make sure to take a message. I’ll be busy for a while.”

He hung up and picked up the receiver again. He dialled the numbers which he and few others knew.

“Sir? I’ve given her the assignment.” The man at the other end replied with a sickening voice, “Good, did you give her the deadline?” His voice was demanding. “Yes, 1 and a half months.” “Good job Takatori.” He heard a click, meaning the man had hung up.

This is going to be a stressful 1 and a half months.

~~**

The blue haired man put the receiver in its cradle. “Did he give the job to her?” A blonde man holding a wine glass in his hand asked. “Yes.” “How long.” “1 and a half months.” “Well, well Miriallia Haww. I’m sure she’ll do the expected work. She is the best in the business.”

The 2 men laughed. A kind of laugh that would make someone’s ear curl…