Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Cruel Fate ❯ Mina ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own Gundam Seed or Destiny.

A/N- Do you find this confusing? If you’re confused, don’t worry, this will all clear up soon.

IMPORTANT! This story takes place after Seed not Destiny. Meaning that the second war hasn’t happened yet.
~*~*~*~*~*

In the early Tuesday moring, Sammy sat down by the window seat at the Hun Café. Lenny told her that the best coffee was served here.

She needed a quiet place to think as well. Thoughts from the past few days came rushing back to her.

Sammy had been preparing her assignment like a good little girl when she came across a picture of Cagalli and a boy with brown hair.

They were standing on a cliff, looking out to the ocean watching the sun set. Cagalli had a childish look on her face while pointing out to the sun. The other boy had his arms crossed and grinned at Cagalli. In the background, she could make out 4 more people standing by a car. They were far too faint to make out the faces.

Sammy decided to display it on the second page of her write-up. She wasn’t very good at writing, that’s why she took up photography.

“Good morning Range-san. May I get you anything?” Sammy looked up at the person who had addressed her as Range-san . She raised her eyebrows. “How did you know my name?” From what she remembered, she never posted her last name in any of the articles accompanying her pictures.

The young women laughed. “Range-san, Post Daily has a page at the end with the full names of the staff.” Oh. How could she miss that? Putting on a smile, Sammy replied. “How could I be so dense? Anyway, could I get some coffee?” “Black?” “Why not.” “I’ll be back in 5 minutes.”

Sammy couldn’t see what the waitress looked like, she had sat to her back to the sun and the waitress stood across from her. Oh well, she’d take a better look later.

She looked out the window, how long had it been since she was released from the hospital? 2 years? Sammy closed her eyes. The doctor had said that she had amnesia, they couldn’t tell her who she was or where she came from. They said that the memories should come back on their own…well doctor, it’s been 2 years. I still don’t know who I am…

“Here’s your coffee Range-san.” “Call me Sammy, please.” “Alright then, Sammy-chan.” “That’s much better. You know, you know my name but I don’t know yours. What is your name?” “…Mina.” “Do you mind if I call you Mina-san?” “Not at all.” By now the sun had risen and Sammy could see her face.

The women had long pink hair, and 2 gold clips to the side of her hair. Her blue eyes brightened up her pale skin. She was wearing a purple dress with a white apron over it. She looked like a young housewife. From the way she steered Sammy’s coffee over, she could tell that the woman was very graceful. You don’t see that everyday.

“I think I should go and attend my other customers.” Mina had seen the other people starting to get irritated. “Are you working alone?” “Yes, my co-worker isn’t due until 8:00.” “I see, well then, I’ll let you get back to work and I suppose I should get back to work.” Sammy sipped the last drops of her coffee. “Have a nice day Sammy-chan.” “You too Mina-san.” With that Sammy took off to the building to see Mr. Takatori while Mina took care of her customers.

~*~*~*~*~*

Leo looked out to the ocean. He had been coming back to this exact spot for awhile now. He supposed he like the way the sun shone at this particular spot. The wind blew through his hair.

He felt like something was still missing from his life. He worked at the at the corner store, Jimmy’s Place and they paid him well considering he had to take care of the druggy teenagers. He went to visit the orphans at the orphanage every 2nd day, and went to church. What was he missing?

Leo shoke his head. He shouldn’t be thinking about that all the time, especially now. It was a peaceful time when the sun set, it should remain peaceful without any thoughts bugging him.

He stared up to the sky, it seemed as though the stars wanted to tell him something. He smiled, maybe if you could talk, you would know the answer to my question.

~*~*~*~*~*

“It’s been 5 days. Has she figured out anything yet?” The voice on the other side made Takatori’s shiver. “No…no sir. I sent her pictures, and I told a co-worker of hers to recommend a coffee shop–“ “Why is a coffee shop so important?!” The voice spat. It made him shiver even more. “One…one of them works there sir.” “Oh really? Which?” The voice was now amused. “Lacus Clyne sir.” The man laughed. “This is perfect. For an idiot, you are doing your job properly.” The line went dead and not a second to soon.

“Takatori-sensi, Sammy is here to see you.” “Yes send her in.” He turned into the bossy man his employee’s knew so well. “You wanted to see me sir?” “Yes Sammy. It just occurred to me that you do a very poor job of writing articles.” Sammy was speechless and then she twitched her mouth. How dare this fat man insult her like that! She knew she couldn’t write very well, but hey!

“…His name is Ken.” She had missed what he said. “Sorry sir?” He stared at her before repeating himself. “I said that I have hired a promising young lad. He is a professional writer, you may have heard of his name? It’s Ken Avi.” “Yeah, yeah. Didn’t he write an article for us once? About the time other representatives took over Orb?” “…yes, that’s him.” “And I’m supposed to be working for him?” “No, you will be working together. His plane arrives this morning at exactly 11:30, and make sure to take him on a tour around the city.” Sammy was in shock.

“So I’m his tour guide?” *sigh* “Why do you have to make everything so difficult? He’s new around here and since you, of all people, know the city well I thought that it would be good to show him around. He is your partner in this article and I expect it to be the number 1 seller, understood?” Sammy nodded. “Good. You are dismissed now.” Sammy turned her heels out and stormed out of the office. Why did that girl have to be so difficult?

Well, she doesn’t have to be disappointed for long. Her war sweetheart is coming back to her.

~*~*~*~*~*

That stupid fat man! Why did he do that to her? She would have been fine on her own. She liked to work on her own, it was better that way.

She marched to her office and shut the door as soon as she got there. Sammy opened her filing cabinet and pulled out the envelope that Takatori gave her. Might as well get some work done, she had 2 hours.

She took out the pictures in it and looked through them. Where did her boss get all these pictures from? While flipping through them, another one got her eye:

Cagalli was with a blue haired boy this time. It must have been her birthday since the boy was giving her a small black box with yellow ribbons around it. Sammy could see the pink in his cheeks, and she could also see a happy Cagalli. The picture was taken from the side so you could also see the banner that said ‘Happy Birthday Twins’. Behind Cagalli, a girl wearing a yellow and orange dress with short brown hair was in the middle of turning, making herself blurry. That was what caught her attention, that girl looked very familiar…

Wait, twins? Cagalli had a sibling? Did anyone else know of this? Sammy decided to keep these thoughts to herself, she didn’t need total chaos right now. Sammy glanced at the clock: it read 11:00. *sigh* time to get that guy and ‘show’ him around the city.

~*~*~*~*~*

Ken looked around, where was that women that was supposed to pick him up? The fat man told him that she had brown hair cut in a page boy style. Like that would help him spot her, there were a ton of girls with that style. Stupid fat man…

As Ken glanced around, he noticed that girls were staring at him and a few were making their way over to him. Crap, I don’t need this right now! Flee!

Ken grabbed his luggage and was running towards the exit when he bumped into a women his age. “Oww…Sorry, I wasn’t looking.” “I can see that.” Ken stood up first and helped the other women up to her feet.

As soon as she got up, she looked at his face. He stared at her green eyes.
“Morning Dearka. Wow, you’re up before noon, what’s the occasion?”

Ken looked at the women. “Did you say anything Miss…?” “Range, Sammy Range. No I didn’t.” “Oh right, I’m doing that article with you.” “Oh I see. You must be Ken.” Ken looked behind him and saw that the girls were still advancing on him.

Crap! What do I do? Then it came to him. “Sammy! Love! It’s been so long! I’ve missed you with all my heart.” Sammy was confused, “What are you doing?” At this point, Ken had taken her hand in his and started to walk out the terminal doors. “Please just go with it, just until we’re out of here. I don’t want to be ambushed.” Ken pointed behind him, and Sammy understood.

“I thought you’d never come back to me!” With that she gave him a hug. The girls got the message and left them alone. “Thanks.” “No problem.”

As soon as they got into the car, Ken asked, “Where are we going first?” “I presume we should go to your hotel and get you checked in. Then we should go see Takatori.” “The fat man?” Sammy looked at him and smiled. “Yup, the fat man.” Honestly, he wasn’t fat. He just wore layers and layers of clothing.

They talked about random things until they reached the hotel. “Let’s get you checked in. That should take about half an hour and we should be able to get to the office at 2. Perfect.” They walked over to the receptionist.

“I’m here to check in. My name is Ken Avi.” “Yes, Mr. Avi…I’m sorry but it looks like your room reservation has been cancelled.” “What!?” “Who cancelled it?” “Someone by the name of Takatori.” “…could I use your phone?” “Sure.”

After Sammy had been connected through, she asked for Takatori. “Sir? This is Sammy, and we’re at the Sandman hotel right now. It seems that the reservation has been cancelled and they said that someone by the name of Takatori cancelled the reservation.” “Oh dear, I didn’t meant to do that. They must have gotten the wrong room, I intended to cancel one for Mr. Lundi. Oh well, do you think that he could stay with you?” Sammy was speechless. How could he even think that?

Ken saw the shocked face of Sammy. He decided to take the phone from her, the man explained the situation. Ken was understanding, “Sammy, would you mind?” “…I guess not.” Ken smiled. “Yes, it’s alright. I’ll see you in an hour sir.”

The receptionist grinned. The man had done this on purpose, he wanted those two to stay together. The boy didn’t look like a rouge to him. His short blond hair stood out from his dark skin. His eyes were of a lighter shade. He wore a black trench coat over a white dress shirt and black dress pants. He noticed the boy giving him a look and then he hid his grin.

~*~

They drove to Sammy’s place, she showed him his room and then they went to the office. “I hope you don’t mind me staying at your place.” “No, not at all.” Ken thought differently.

They finally arrived at the office, a huge skyscraper. It had the logo of the newspaper on the middle of the building:

~Post*Daily~

He was impressed, especially by the fountain by the front entrance. He noticed Sammy grabbing an envelope and a picture falling out. He picked it up when he realized she didn’t notice it.

He took a look at it:

There was a brown haired young man with a pink haired girl. She was wearing a purple dress with a lilac mini skirt on top. She also wore a white sleeveless shirt shaped like a V at the bottom, with add on sleeves. She wore 2 gold clips, one on top of each other, to the side of her hair. Her blur eyes brightened up her skin, he noticed.

She had her hand on his chest while her free hand was holding his other hand. The boy had his free hand holding her hand on his chest. They were starring at each other. The wind was blowing through their hair.

Should he show this to Sammy? Naw, he’ll give it to her later, couldn’t be that important anyway…

If only…

If only he had given it to Sammy, she would have recognized Mina and the brown haired boy from the other photo. If she had seen it, she would have rushed to Hun Café and shown it to Mina. That would have brought her memory back…and that would have been the perfect timing because no one would be stalking them that entire time because they were on a lunch break…

But fate still had its plans, and it wasn’t about to change its mind anytime soon…

A/N- Let me know if that was confusing. If it was, I’ll try to make it non-confusing…