Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Cruel Fate ❯ Memories return... ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own Gundam Seed or Destiny

A/N- Everyone is 22, except for Stellar who is 20. Thanks for reading!

~*~*~*~*~*

Ken looked at Sammy’s office, it was medium sized, but it was neat. It was something that he would never be able to keep.

“Yes, it’s my office. Not the nicest thing in the world, but it’s enough space to do my work in. We should get going to fat man’s office now, this way.”

Ken and Sammy took the elevator up to the highest floor and then walked down the hall directly to the door in front of them. It was labelled ‘Takatori Gin’.

To the right of the office, the secretary warned Takatori of their coming.

“Sir, they are here.” “Thank you.”

Sammy knocked on the door, “Sir? It’s me, Sammy and I have Ken Avi with me.” “Yes, come in.”

Takatori finished his call about 5 minutes ago, so he was safe for now. That voice just scared the living daylights out of him though.

He stood up to shake Ken’s hand, “Welcome back to Post Daily, I assume you are ready to work with Sammy Range?” “Yes sir.” “Sit down, both of you.” Sammy noticed that his tone was soft.

“I need a progress report Sammy.” Sammy jerked her head up, “What? Why don’t you give me time for that?” Takatori lost some of his softness, “Report, now.” *humph* “Fine.”

“Before she went missing, Cagalli-sama and 5 friends went to an island owned by her. I believe it was for her birthday, so it was vacation for her. They stayed there for 3 weeks and then while coming back by boat, they ran into a storm and no one could find them.” “I know all that.” Sammy looked offended, “Then why did you ask for a report?” “I wanted to know if you found out anything else about them.”

Sammy thought for a while, should she tell him that Cagalli had a brother? A twin? That the girl that was wearing a yellow and orange dress reminded her of herself for some reason? Cagalli had a boyfriend?

Sammy decided to keep all that information to herself. “Well? Do you have anything?” Takatori’s tone was now impatient, “No sir, I do not.” Ken decided to join in the conversation, “Don’t worry sir, with me here, you don’t have to worry much about it anymore.” Takatori closed his eyes and nodded slightly, “Yes, you’re right. I suppose it’s time for you two to get back to work.” With that, they left the room.

You’re not a very good liar Sammy, Takatori thought to himself.

~*~

“That Takatori pisses me off so badly!” Ken looked at the brown haired girl, “I could see that. You should work on keeping body language to yourself.” “…Whatever.”

As they reached her office, Ken realized something, “You were lying, weren’t you?” Sammy was confused. “Excuse me?” “To Takatori, you were lying; you do know more about this story don’t you?” Sammy stared at Ken; she also noticed that he had gathered the attention of nearby workers. She quickly pulled him to her office.

“How did you know that I was lying?” “I don’t know…” Ken somehow knew that when she lied, Sammy’s ears turned pink at the top.

Closing the door and making him sit down at her desk, she confided in him.

“So Cagalli had a twin brother…why is this not surprising to me?” Sammy looked at Ken before she went to her cabinet to reach for more pictures. “What do you mean?” “I feel like I know all of this. Did she have a boyfriend?” Sammy was surprised, she didn’t tell him that part because she wasn’t sure if it was true or not.

“I think she did Ken.” “Do you have a picture?” Ken’s tone was quiet but panicky. Sammy showed him a picture that she was looking at before she had to go pick him up. Ken’s face paled a few shades.

“Athrun…his name is Athrun…Zala.” Sammy was getting scared, “How do you know?” “I don’t know…”

While in shock, Sammy dropped another envelope, a small 4x6 one. Ken reached for it, and he saw that it had the words ‘Yours forever’ inscribed in the front middle.

He opened it and saw…himself?!

It wasn’t just him though, he was holding Sammy, more like hugging…She had a pink skirt one with a white blouse. It looked like she was content in his arms and Ken had his eyes closed. It looked like he was overprotective of her.

Ken was in shock, he started to breathe heavily; Sammy noticed and walked to him. Standing behind him with her hand on his shoulder, she saw the picture too.

Sammy was stunned. Ken turned his head and looked at her. He dropped the photo and turned all the way around, taking Sammy in a tight hug.

“Miriallia…” Sammy didn’t understand what was happening. “…Don’t you ever leave me again, I’d be lost again.” Ken started to kiss her all over her face, “…Dearka?” Ken or Dearka stopped and looked at her.

Memories flooded back to him. He was fighting in his mobile suit, Buster. Mily trying to kill him while he was held prisoner on Archangel. Stopping Flay from shooting him.

She was his Mily and always will be. Mily was going through the same thing. Tolle dying, her trying to kill Dearka, her being cold to him.

They stopped hugging and looked at each other for the longest time. Miriallia broke the silence, “What happened?” “I don’t remember, all I do is the ship.” Dearka closed his eyes, “Athrun was proposing to Cagalli, Kira and Lacus were planning their wedding. They decided to have the both weddings on the same day. We were taking pictures that time…”

Dearka looked at all of the pictures. “I remember you taking all of these; well most of them anyway…Wait! We never had time to develop them, that means that someone must have…I’m so confused.” Dearka slumped down on the wooden chair across Mily’s chair.

Mily looked through the pictures too and then tried to think back to the day they were coming back to Orb.

“Yes…I do remember that as well…” Mily opened her eyes so wide that Dearka was sure it was going to pop out. “I met Lacus!”

Dearka jumped up, “When? Where?” “Today! She works at Hun Café! She was serving me coffee this morning…I wonder if she’s still there.” Dearka remembered that Café, he went there with Mily once, a long time ago…

Mily looked at the clock, “it’s 3, maybe she’s still there! Let’s go!” Before Mily could rush out the door, Dearka pulled her arm back.

“Mily…Let’s pretend this never happened, alright? Something is wrong here, definitely wrong. I remember that the forecast was supposed to be sunny that day we were supposed to go back, and who developed the pictures? We don’t remember what happened 5 years back and I’m guessing neither will everyone else. Our top priority is to find Cagalli-sama! I think she’s in more danger than any of us.”

Mily agreed, “Alright, I’m Samantha Range, and you are Ken Avi.” Dearka grinned, “Correct.”

As they rushed outside and into Mily’s car, they were unaware of the man watching them on the other side of the road.

His entire face was covered, but one could see the grin he had on.

“Excellent, our guinea pigs are very efficient. Not much time left until ‘Recall’.” The man laughed the evil laugh once again that made a nearby happy cry…

~*~*~*~*~*

Leo looked up at sky again. He finally finished work and came back to his spot again.

He frowned, something somewhere was going horribly wrong…