Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ In The Arms Of A War Hero ❯ Distant Farewell ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-Author's Note-
Lately, I have been much in love with the anime series, Gundam SEED and from seeing that there are few Fanfictions, I thought I could come up with an interesting story for you all…and I believe I have. Moving on from only Inuyasha, I have created In The Arms Of A War Hero and I hope you all enjoy reading it as much as I do writing it. Please enjoy.
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
In The Arms Of A War Hero
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
Distant Farewell
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
Prologue
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
 
“Incoming message from Patrick Zala, ma'am!”
 
“What? Ok, bring it through…”
 
A musty grey image appeared through the static. A man with graying hair and small piercing eyes in very high position attire became focused on a screen before the
inhabitants in the bridge of the Archangel.
 
High Chairman of ZAFT, Patrick Zala had a scornful look upon his brow as he crossed his hands and glared at all the Naturals upon the bridge.
 
“I have understood that my son, Athrun Zala is present on your ship,” Zala stated.
 
“Yes,” replied the Archangel Captain Murrue Ramius, “that is correct.”
 
Chairman Zala grumbled under his breath and glared at Captain Ramius, “For the sake of you Naturals, I am willing to spare your lives if Athrun is returned to this PLANT. If not than severe actions will be applied.”
 
Captain Ramius shifted her position and tightened her grip on the armrests of her seat as she gazed angrily and uncomfortably up at the foggy image of Chairman Zala.
 
“I can not act towards your request, for it is Athrun who you should be referring to, because there is nothing the crew of this ship can do for you and your demand.”
 
Zala gave a callous look to Captain Ramius before demanding that his son be brought to the bridge of the Archangel immediately.
 
Athrun was called and momentarily he appeared through the doors of the bridge.
 
“You wanted to talk to me, Father?”
 
“Because of reasons I am not willing to discuss, you are being summoned back to this PLANT. You and the pilot of the Buster.”
 
Athrun furrowed his brow and looked up at his father with a vengeful fire in his eye. “No, father. Dearka and I will remain here on the Archangel.”
 
“What!?”
 
“I said, father, that Dearka and I will remain here among the crew of this ship. We are not returning to help continue and encourage this war between the Coordinators and the Naturals!”
 
Athrun spun on his heel and was heading towards the door when his father shouted his name.
 
“Athrun Zala! You will report here or else certain actions will be applied towards the persons upon that craft! If you and the pilot of the Buster refuse to return to ZAFT headquarters, than I shall see to it, that not only are the Freedom and the Justice returned, but the crew of that ship will receive treatment far worse than death.”
 
“Father!” Athrun cried, clutching his hands tightly in fists.
 
“Do I make myself clear, Athrun!?”
 
Athrun lowered his head, his eyes glazing over with remorse and hatred. His cobalt bangs hung protecting his eyes from the sight of his father.
 
Athrun looked up with hesitation, and the crew members upon the bridge could see sadness and profound gloom in his eyes.
 
“Yes sir. You are understood.”
 
“Good. I'll be expecting the two of you by tomorrow at 0900 hours.”
 
With that, the image of the menacing Chairman Patrick Zala vanished. The eyes of every crew person were upon Athrun, as he nodded his apology to the wide eyed captain and soon after left the bridge.
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
“Ms. Clyne? I'm afraid we have to leave sooner than was originally planned.”
 
Lacus Clyne grabbed her cape and tucked in her brilliant pink hair, nodding at the man, “Of course. Come on Mr. Pink, we're moving again.”
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
“Ok, good work everyone. Once again we have survived another battle,” Captain Ramius
stated with a sigh and small smile. Some crew chuckled at her comment.
 
“We will remain en route for Japan for the request of the ORB council.”
 
Everyone nodded and Sai, Miriallia and Kazui headed out of the Bridge to find their friends.
 
“How do you guys think we'll manage?” Kazui asked.
 
“What do you mean?” Sai inquired.
 
“Well, with Athrun Zala gone, do you think we'll be ok?”
 
“Of course, Kazui. We were ok in this last battle, weren't we?” Sai said adjusting his glasses and sitting down on a couch with a sigh.
 
“Well, Sai, Kazui does have a point,” Miriallia began, “we almost did take hefty damage. If Kira hadn't been there, we would have been wiped out,” she said taking a sip from a bottle of water.
 
“Hmm,” Sai responded, “I guess that's true.”
 
“Hey guys.”
 
The three friends looked up to see Kira walking into the room.
 
“Hi Kira, good job out there,” Miriallia said with a smile.
 
“Thanks. You guys haven't seen Cagalli, have you?”
 
“Last I saw of her, she was in the Briefing Room talking to some ORB guy in Japan,” Sai said. Kira nodded and left the room after thanking Sai.
 
Kira poked his head in the briefing room and found Cagalli slouched over in a chair swiveling back and forth.
 
“Cagalli?”
 
Cagalli looked up and forced a smile at Kira, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. “Hi Kira.”
 
“What are you doing?” he asked taking a seat next to her.
 
Cagalli sighed and looked down at her hands as she picked at her fingernails. “Nothing,” she said sadly.
 
Kira noticed a sad gleam in her eyes as he saw them glaze over and a tear start to run down her placid cheek.
 
“Cagalli?” Kira said as he leaned towards her, “What's the matter?”
 
“I'm leaving the Archangel,” she said. “I'm going to Japan to learn how to govern ORB properly. I'm being taught by some people who knew my father and had a part in ORB and have formed a new ORB Council.”
 
“Leaving?” Kira choked out the word. “But Cagalli, the Archangel needs you. I need you!”
 
“It's not like I want to leave, Kira!” she shouted turning to her brother. “But it's for ORB and now that I'm the Representative for ORB, I don't feel like I have a choice.”
 
“Cagalli…” Kira said sadly, lowering his head slightly so his brown bangs swung over his eyes.
 
“But, I…I don't want to leave you, Kira,” Cagalli cried, “you're the only family I have, and I don't want you to leave me. I don't want to be alone in Japan!”
Cagalli choked out some more tears and rapidly rubbed them away on the sleeve of her
jacket.
 
“Cagalli…I don't want you to leave either. But what can I do? The Archangel needs me here…”
 
“Kira…” Cagalli said looking up at him, her glassy eyes brimming with unshed tears.
 
Suddenly Murrue Ramius appeared in the room and she sat down across from Kira and Cagalli.
 
“We're approaching Earth and we'll be reaching Japan momentarily, Cagalli,” she said. Cagalli merely nodded and sniffled.
 
“Kira, can I have a word with you, please?”
 
“Sure,” Kira said standing up and following Captain Ramius into a corner of the room.
 
“Cagalli has brought it to my attention, that she would like you to come with her to Japan. How do you feel about that?” the captain asked.
 
“It's not that I don't want to be with Cagalli in Japan, `cause I do. But, I can't just abandon the Archangel…”
 
The captain looked down at the ground then looked up warily at Kira. “Actually, Kira…You don't seem to have a choice in the matter.”
 
“What?”
 
“The new council of ORB has chosen you to protect Cagalli. Knowing you have experience in first hand dangerous situations, they decided it necessary to have you accompany her for the well-being of the Representative and for ORB.”
 
Kira looked at Captain Ramius with wide eyes. His mouth was slightly open as he took disbelieving glances at the captain, then at Cagalli.
“But…but the Archangel…” Kira tried to reason.
 
“…will be at a great loss. But ORB and Cagalli need you, Kira. So there isn't much we can do to keep you here,” Murrue held out her hand towards Kira.
 
“It was a pleasure knowing you, Kira Yamato.”
 
Kira looked at her hand and shook is wearily. “You too, Captain Ramius.”
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
The Archangel landed safely upon arrival at Kyoto, Japan. Kira and Cagalli left with tearful goodbyes when Murrue Ramius turned to Miriallia.
 
“Ms. Haww, I have something to speak to you about…” Murrue began.
 
“Captain?” Miriallia asked questionably.
 
“This is the last stop for you and your friends, Ms. Haww. As thankful as this crew is of you and your friends' help upon the Archangel, I keep forgetting that you are not soldiers, but merely citizens that got caught up in this war. So I am giving you your Disposal Form that states that you are no longer under the commission of the Archangel.”
The captain slipped Miriallia a piece of paper and Miriallia gawked at the paper.
 
“Freedom? I…” she had no words that she could say. At that moment, she couldn't put enough words together to make a sentence.
 
“But, where will I go?”
 
Murrue smiled, “Wherever you want you go. You get a new start, Ms. Haww. A new life, so to speak, as a teenager, not a soldier.”
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
Separation.
 
Where is the good in goodbye?
 
The last meeting of friends together. Declaring a bond; a promise. That if they ever got separated. One day.
 
They would reunite.
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
-Author's Note-
I hope all you Gundam SEED fans enjoy this fanfic. Reviews are not mandatory, but are appreciated. I hope you enjoy this fic!