Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ In The Arms Of A War Hero ❯ Close Contact ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-Author's Note-
Come on readers! We're almost at that 1000 views point! Only several more! And my reviewers, I love you all; you guys are what make me want to continue on with this fic. It's because of you guys that In The Arms Of A War Hero is on page 2 out of 9!! So I'm indebted to you all for making this fic a success!
 
I hope you all enjoyed the last chapter, and I know that there were only a couple lines mentioning Kira, but there will be none of that in here! There will be lots of Kira! Can't get enough of that Kira Yamato!
 
Enjoy everyone!
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
In The Arms Of A War Hero
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
Close Contact
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
Chapter 12
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
 
Pink. Pink hair. A beautiful smile. A beautiful woman. She was standing on a hill looking down at him. Her face highlighted with a wide smile, her white teeth sparkling from the hue of the sunset.
 
“Kira!” she called.
 
He stood there, looking up at the glorious woman who was running down the hill towards him. He couldn't move. His feet were planted firmly onto the ground.
 
Lacus, he thought. Lacus Clyne.
 
“Kira!” she called again. She was almost within arms reach. Raising his arms from their limp state at his sides, he held them outwards and caught the warm creature as she dove into him, blending her curvaceous body with his. Their heart beats in sync as he stared into her eyes.
 
“Lacus,” he said.
 
“Kira,” she replied.
 
He bent down his head and she looked up at him, her hands on his chest, a pink tint to her cheeks that matched her alluring hair. Her luscious lips looked so inviting. And he locked his lips against hers, feeling the warmth of her soft mouth against his.
 
She stifled a moan as she placed her arms around his neck to deepen the kiss. He held her tightly around the small of her back as he pulled her closer to him.
 
She nibbled at his bottom lip and he felt himself grin which caused her to stifle a giggle. He devoured her mouth, sliding his tongue slowly between her lips, waiting to see if she approved. And she did. She met him half way and she massaged her tongue against his. She tasted like sugar, he thought. No, sweeter. Her cavernous mouth was heaven for him to taste. He explored the depths of her mouth, sliding his tongue along the lining of her tongue and upon the summit of her mouth, causing her to let out a lustful moan.
 
Kira broke the kiss to catch a deep breath of air as he looked down upon the woman before him. Her lips were red and some-what swollen as her eyes glassed over with lust and desire.
 
“Kira,” she said once again. But this time, Kira heard something in her voice, something he had never heard before. A type of need she had never showed to him before.
 
He kissed her forehead, causing her to shut her eyes. He left a trail of kisses down by her temple and down her jaw line until he made it to her neck. Moving the vast locks of pink away with his hand, he sucked and nipped at her neck as he moved downwards. Lacus let out moans of glory as Kira moved down her neck.
 
“Kira, stop!” Lacus breathed out suddenly, causing Kira to look up at her with apologetic eyes.
 
“I…I'm sorry,” he said diminutively.
 
Lacus cupped Kira's face in her hands and forced him to look at her in the eyes. A small pink tint took to his cheeks and he felt his eyes glaze over with passion just by staring into her goddess-like eyes.
 
Lacus grabbed Kira's hand and placed it on her cheek, moving her cheek as close to his hand as she good, sighing at the warmth she felt from it.
 
Suddenly, she put her hands on the collar of his shirt and pulled him down beside her onto the grass that was reflecting the light from the setting sun.
 
She rolled over on top of him and kissed him sensually and passionately as their tongues fought for dominance. Both letting out groans of desire.
 
Kira placed his hand underneath Lacus's shirt and touched her back. The feel of her warm, silky, peach-kissed skin caused him to get goose pimples and butterflies.
 
“Kira,” Lacus groaned as he kissed and nipped at her neck playfully.
 
Kira moved his hand up her shirt and felt the back of her bra strap. Undoing the back clasp, it snapped to her sides and she gasped, looking into his eyes.
 
“Lacus…I'm…”
 
“Shh,” she said, placing her finger over his lips. “I want you, and only you, Kira Yamato,” she whispered as she kissed the corner of his mouth.
 
“Lacus,” he murmured. “I…I love -”
 
Kira!!”
 
Kira awoke from his dream with a start as he sat up quickly in bed. He gazed around his room as his heart beat unsettlingly in his rib cage. He felt his heart beating in his throat and he gulped trying to get rid of the irritating harsh beating. His forehead and back were drenched in sweat and he wiped away the moisture above his upper lip and around the bridge of his nose. His monochrome blue bed sheets were sprawled like unsettled waves even giving off onto the wooden floorboards.
 
He kept thinking about the dream, and how that wasn't the first time he had thought about him and Lacus…well…getting busy. He was embarrassed to say the least, but it also made him miss her far more than he had previously.
 
“Sorry, Kira, I didn't mean to scare ya…”
 
Kira looked over to his door and saw Dearka standing in the doorway, holding a cup of coffee in his hand, his jacket thrown over his arm.
 
“No…no, you didn't scare me,” Kira lied, kicking off his sheets and standing up, peeling his sweat soaked pajama shirt away from his back, feeling the crisp air smooth over the wetness on his back.
 
“You like to sleep in, huh?” Dearka asked, walking into the room some-ways.
 
Kira shrugged and opened the blinds in his room and letting the light engulf the darkness of the room.
 
“What time is it?” he asked.
 
“Almost ten-thirty.”
 
“Wow, I didn't mean to sleep that much,” he murmured. Snapping out of his train of thought, he smiled at Dearka and said, “When did you and Athrun get in?”
 
Dearka sat in the vast brown polyester chair in front of Kira's computer and sighed, placing the cup of coffee beside the keyboard and watched Kira make his bed.
 
“Just a little while ago actually. Athrun's downstairs, so I thought I'd come in and give you your coffee, seeing that you missed breakfast.”
 
As if on cue, Kira's stomach let out a gurgle-like cry making Kira place his hand on his stomach and sigh disappointedly.
 
“I did?”
 
Dearka nodded, “Yeah, but don't worry, Miyu left you something wrapped up from breakfast, it's on the counter in the Kitchen.
 
Kira's stomach gurgled again and he laughed awkwardly in embarrassment, “That's good to know.”
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
Once entering Attha Manor, and being told that Cagalli had gone wandering the grounds by herself, Athrun left his jacket on the back of the couch and went outside in means of finding Cagalli.
 
Walking around the grounds, Athrun took notice of how beautiful and well-kept the gardens were. He circled the southern side of the mansion when he saw Cagalli standing on a bench, picking some cherry blossoms out of a tree and placing them in a bamboo basket. Athrun smiled and walked towards her.
 
“Good morning, Cagalli.”
 
Cagalli jumped from the suddenness of Athrun speaking and lost her balance on the bench. Cagalli was toppling over to the side, and waving her arms in the arm to try and straighten herself out. Athrun speedily walked over to Cagalli and grabbed both her hands and helped her regain her balance. With a slight blush on her cheeks she thanked Athrun.
 
“Sorry,” Athrun said, letting go of her hands and sitting down on the bench, watching Cagalli jump off it and sit down beside him. “I didn't mean to startle you.”
 
Cagalli laughed, “No, it's fine. I'm just a little jumpy today.”
 
Athrun nodded and looked at the basket in Cagalli's hands; at all the cherry blossoms she had collected.
 
“What's with the blossoms?” he asked curiously.
 
Cagalli looked at Athrun and then down at the blossoms as she shook the basket slightly. The brilliant shades of pink blending together as they jumped together off the woven bamboo of the basket.
 
“Every year, once the cherry blossoms on this tree would soon stop blossoming and die, my father and I would collect them and savor them.”
 
“You mean keep them alive?”
 
Cagalli shrugged her head from side to side, “Well, I guess you could consider it freezing them. Keeping them in the same state that they're in. My father would put them in jars of alcohol to keep them exactly as they are.”
 
Athrun looked at Cagalli and smiled, “Sounds like a wonderful tradition.”
 
Cagalli offered a small smile and said, “It was. But it's not the same without him though. With the alcohol I make, it doesn't seem to keep them alive very long.”
 
Cagalli sighed and shuffled through the pile and picked up a cherry blossom and ran her thumb over the core and the petals, “Nothing's the same without him,” she muttered quietly, but Athrun had managed to hear what she had said.
 
Athrun gazed at Cagalli and when she looked up at him and their eyes locked, he saw for the first time, how much agony she was feeling. He saw all the hurt and pain in her eyes. Yet, she refused to cry. That's one of the things Athrun admired about her, her strength. A few tears here and there were all Cagalli ever gave. She was never one to actually give in to a good cry. Cry for her loss and her suffering.
 
“You were lucky to be close with your father. I've never been close to mine,” Athrun said, “and I probably never will. But, over the years, I've found myself actually wanting him and I to be close. But once my mother died, the rest of the good in him died along with her.”
 
Cagalli gave Athrun uneasy glances as he spoke about himself and his family. She had always felt such a giant amount of sympathy for Athrun. For how he was raised, how his mother died, and how his father had threatened to kill Athrun himself. How his own father sends him out in a hunk of machinery endangering his own life. Her pain always felt miniscule compared to Athrun's, and that's why Cagalli always felt awkward around Athrun when he would mention himself in comparison.
 
“But you and your father were close. He made his decision to protect Earth and to also protect you. He died as a government leader, but firstly, as a father.”
 
Cagalli choked out a laugh and she smiled at Athrun as she felt the tears beginning to come, but she refused to let them fall.
 
“I can't say I'm in the same position, or say I know what you're going through. And there isn't really anything I can do to make you feel better. But if offering you a friend, who will listen, who is willing to comfort you, offers some kind of help, then I'd like to be that friend.”
 
Cagalli smiled at Athrun who in return, smiled back with his beautiful cerulean eyes. Cagalli adored him and admired him. He was a war hero, who knew the consequences of unplanned actions and infantile accusations. He was a son, who hoped that his father would see eye to eye with him and love him for who he is. But Athrun was also a friend, who was loving and benign and takes care of those who are close to him.
 
He was Athrun Zala, the man that Cagalli had found herself, slowly, falling in love with.
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
-Author's Notes-
If I don't get any responses to this chapter I'm gonna be SHOCKED!! I gave you all a little artificial lime flavouring, lol. And also a confession of love on Cagalli's part. Like COME ON!!!
 
This is personally my favourite chapter, just because of the Cagalli and Athrun part *giggles in glee* I hope you all liked it! `Cause I LOVED IT!!!
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
Send me your comments because I want to hear them!! I want to know what you think!
Let me know via e-mail at forlorn_essence@hotmail.com or review!