Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ In The Arms Of A War Hero ❯ Adjacent Hearts ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-Author's Note-
Thanks so much to shadowedsoul for reviewing; I'm so glad you like it!!! ^_^
 
And now that it is ten days later…*laughs nervously* I will do the awaited update which I have promised. This will include pretty much all of the characters in this one. ^_^ You'll see what I mean shortly!
 
Enjoy you guys!!
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
In The Arms Of A War Hero
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
Adjacent Hearts
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
Chapter 11
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
 
“Do you really believe she is ready for that much responsibility, sir?”
 
“Of course I do. She has been taught everything that is mandatory for a Representative to learn. All of her further training can be continued afterwards. In any case, you can not expect her training to continue on in Japan. She must return. She must come to govern what is expected of her!”
 
“Yes sir. Understood.”
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
The sun rose early that morning, and the peaches and cream lights shone in and charged on the opaque creature upon the perturbed mattress. She groaned and rolled over to her side; only to find that the light reflected off the ovular mirror that hung on her wall and blinded her some-what more fiercely than the direct light itself. She rotated onto her back and put a hand over her eyes - the pale morning light reflecting between her fingers - as she opened them and looked up at her darkened hand.
 
What time is it? she thought as she rolled over onto her side with a small groan of exhaustion.
 
The subtle green numbers stood out ardently upon the blackened background of her alarm clock.
 
6:42 AM
 
6:42? Oh man…And it's the weekend even…
 
Cagalli kicked off the sheets that lingered on the lower half of her body. They piled at the base of her bed wildly and she rested her feet on top of the cool, crisp sheets. Her eyesight had gotten used to the light and she gazed over at her glass doors that led to the balcony, only to find that someone had come in and opened the door so that the morning breeze could come in and circulate the stuffy bedroom.
 
Cagalli let out a large sigh and stretched her body, her hands bumping against the bed frame as she reached outwards. She then groaned and sat up, fixing the bottom of her pajama shirt so that it covered her peach-toned stomach. Cagalli threw herself off the bed with enough force so that she staggered only slightly. Walking over to the oak-framed mirror, she redid some of the buttons that had seemed to undo themselves during her sleep. Looking into the mirror and wiping the evident sleep away from her eyes, she decided that - apart from the untamed golden waves that shot off her scalp - she looked decent enough.
 
Cagalli stepped out of her bedroom and walked down the wooden stairs and into the Kitchen. Miyu was wiping the counters, and getting ready to prepare breakfast, and Reyna was in the Dining Room, washing the table with a white cloth. The two women looked up at Cagalli and offered her a smile.
 
“Good morning, Ms. Attha. I hope you slept well,” Miyu chirped with a bright smile.
 
“Morning, Miyu…” Cagalli said smiling back sleepily, walking over to the fridge and pulling out the glass container of orange juice. Miyu got a glass for Cagalli and Cagalli thanked her.
 
“Is Kira up yet?” Cagalli asked.
 
Miyu responded while beating two eggs in a glass bowl, “No, I don't believe so. I suppose he is still asleep in his room.”
 
Cagalli nodded and took a sip of her juice, “Ok. No point in waking him, I guess. Thanks.”
 
Miyu nodded and Cagalli headed out of the Kitchen.
 
Walking past Reyna - who greeted Cagalli warmly and bubbly - Cagalli made her way over to her favourite black Lay-Z Boy and sat down, reclining back ever-so-slightly. Grasping the cup firmly in her right hand, Cagalli reached beside her and grabbed the remote control off the small table, and she flicked on the television. Cagalli then brought her knees up onto the seat, and held her cup closely to her chest. She then tried to decide on what to watch that early morning.
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
“Good morning, can I help you, sir?”
 
“Yeah, hi. Umm…can I get a coffee with one cream two sugars, please?”
 
“Alrighty, and is that it?”
 
“And a blueberry muffin as well, please.”
 
Athrun and Dearka had been staying at Attha Manor for almost a week now, and the two men had found a job working at the Manohibi Building as security guards for the 12-6AM shift. The hours they found, weren't that great, but the pay was good, so they didn't complain.
 
Just after getting off work, the two men stopped off at a coffee house in Hakaku Centre - just before returning to Attha Manor - to pick up some breakfast. Dearka had ordered first and had saved a table in the front of the building outside, so they could watch the shops in Hakaku Centre begin to open - Dearka had also wanted to sit outside because the Bread Shop down the street would be opening and they would be able to smell freshly baked breads while eating. That was one of Dearka's favourite scents: fresh baked bread.
 
Athrun thanked the perky girl who was working behind the counter and gathered his coffee and muffin before leaving the shop and joining Dearka at an umbrella-covered table outside.
 
Dearka had already eaten his strawberry Danish and was now sipping at the hot coffee he held in his hand.
 
“It's gonna be another nice day,” Dearka said after blowing at the steam in his coffee upon the arrival of Athrun.
 
“Yeah,” Athrun said, taking a quick look at the sky, then sitting down and taking the lid off his coffee to let the morning air help cool the hot liquid. “How was your Danish?” he asked.
 
Dearka smiled and said, “Mmmm…” and Athrun laughed.
 
The two boys sat in silence and watched the world around them begin to come to life after the quiet night before them. The shopkeepers were outside aligning the stands for customers to browse and buy from. Closed signs were being switched to read `Open' and food buildings were beginning to cook the food to begin the day of what they would hope to be good sales. Athrun noticed a fruit stand, just a little ways down the centre, was under the supervision of a little old Japanese woman who was hosing down all the fruit to make them appealing for purchase to the people who would later be browsing down the main street of Hakaku Centre.
 
“Last night was pretty dull, huh?” Dearka said nonchalantly. Athrun nodded in response,
 
“Yeah. Nothing really happened. Just walking up and down the corridors doing the usual inspections.”
 
Dearka nodded in agreement and took a risky deep sip of the hot coffee. He adjusted his brown jacket over his white t-shirt and crossed one jean-covered leg over the other in a relaxing position. He then took in a deep sigh and looked around him. He noticed the colour of the sky and took in the glorious colour blue as it shone out beyond the oranges and pinks that were glimmering off several clouds. A perfect cerulean. He sighed as he looked up at the sky. The colour made him think about the eyes of a certain former 2nd class crewman upon the Archangel. A certain, beautiful former 2nd class crewman. Dearka sighed and wondered whether or not the letter he had sent to Miriallia a few days ago had actually reached her. And if so, would she return a letter back to him upon pending?
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
Life seemed to have restarted once again for Miriallia. She found herself no longer dragging herself around unwillingly, but actually enjoying herself whenever she went out with Kanadi - who was often (almost always) accompanied by Itsumo. The night she had met Kaji was a night she never wanted to forget. A part from Kanadi and Itsumo having shared their very first passionate kiss - which Miriallia was pleased to have witnessed, for the couple truly seemed to be a wonderful match - but every time she glanced at Kaji, his face, his eyes, and his smile, reminded her of Dearka Elthman, the ZAFT pilot of the Buster Mobile Suit. And however many times she tried to force the image of him and the thought of him out of her mind, he always seemed to lead a trail back into her mind. Almost like he was leaving a trail of breadcrumbs back into the center of her cranium. And after fighting what seemed to be a never-ending battle, she gave in and let the thoughts and memories of him sink in. The time he first gave her that irritating “bad boy” smirk. How he seemed to always be regretful and apologetic after making crude and idiotic remarks. The time when she held a knife in her hand and had truly hoped on killing him. And always how he seemed like he had wanted to apologize to her, almost like he was sorry for the loss of Tolle.
 
Miriallia sat at the coffee table with her breakfast that early morning going through her mail with the television on in the background set on a low murmur. Her rent was coming up soon and she was going to have to take a trip to the bank soon due to the fact that her landlord requested rent to be paid in cash. Which is just dumb, she always thought. But placing the paper and fractured envelope to the side, she made a mental note to take a visit to the bank later that day.
 
Miriallia's mail was always predominantly flyers, due to the fact that the fellow residents in the apartment building would always like to self-promote or just promote things and would wander around and place the odd colourful slip of paper for her to find later. So as she sat there and sorted through useless and somewhat interesting flyers, a small rectangular envelope fell out onto the floor beside her.
 
Picking up the envelope in interest, Miriallia read the return address and felt her breath catch in her throat
 
Mr. Dearka Elthman,
10-5, Bouto 1-chome,
Kyoto 107 (, Japan)
 
“A letter? From…Dearka?”
 
The words sounded foreign on Miriallia's lips. She couldn't believe she was reading this, and that it was right. Dearka had really sent her a letter. Rushing, Miriallia ripped open the envelope and took out the paper that was neatly folded inside. Opening the paper, Miriallia firstly took notice to the dazzling and decorous type of paper it was. Mature and significant designs in the corners of the page with a light and fair parchment coloured background. The paper was half full of somewhat messy scrawled writing. She quickly read over the letter.
 
Hey Miriallia,
It's been a while hasn't it? I know after 15 months since the last time we saw or even spoke to each other, a letter all of a sudden might seem a little, well, weird. But I just wanted to say hi, and see how you're doing. Hopefully you have a job that's paying you enough to keep you off the streets (yes, that was supposed to be a joke) and that you have a nice place to stay. If you're wondering how I got your address, I got it from Kira. Him, Athrun, Cagalli and I have met up in Kyoto and are, well, living together, hehe. You're probably sitting (or maybe standing) and going “what???” but we happened to meet while in Alaska (Athrun and I had to get something for ZAFT and Kira and Cagalli were doing something for ORB) and we just met there and ended up in Kyoto and then winded up living together (until Athrun and I can move out)
But I hope you are ok, and I'd like to hear from you, so if you wanted to, you can use the address above (which is Kira's `cause it's his house) and respond back.
I really hope to hear from you.
 
Take care of yourself!
Dearka
 
Miriallia reread the letter over twice and felt herself laugh over the contents on which this letter held. Dearka was still able to keep his sense of humor, even while writing a letter. Her eyes scanned over the letter, and she found that her indigo orbs were focused and remained on one line in particular.
 
I really hope to hear from you.
 
She felt her face begin to flush subtly. After all these months, Dearka had sent her a letter, as if he was checking up on her in some kind of disconcerting way. Miriallia felt herself smile as she stared down at the paper in her hands that she folded and put back in the envelope, she then put it gracefully off to the side where she could easily see it, and began to go through the rest of her mail, her luxurious smile never drifting off her features.
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
“13…14…15…16…”
 
“Ms. Clyne?”
 
“18…19…Oh, yes?”
 
Lacus was sitting on the floor of her bedroom surrounded by Haros as she was cutting out cone shapes in colourful pieces of paper with a pair of scissors, counting the pieces of paper she was gathering as they fell on the ground.
 
“Ms. Clyne, may I ask you what you are doing?” one of the guards asked as he entered Lacus's bedroom after being told he was allowed to enter.
 
“Oh, well, tomorrow is the day that I got my very first Haro, Mr. Pink, and I was just planning on making hats for the Haros so we can celebrate. I guess you could consider it a birthday…”
 
The guard smiled and bent down towards Lacus who sat amongst a rainbow of chirping Haros.
 
“Don't you have anything else to do, Ms. Clyne?”
 
Lacus smiled and laughed softly, “No, actually. I began writing a song, but grew a bit antsy really. So, after realizing what tomorrow is, I thought that maybe Mr. Pink and all the other Haros would like to have some decorated party hats.”
 
That guard smiled once again, and Lacus smiled and put down the scissors, “I suppose you could call this childish, but I find myself with nothing else to do…”
 
“If Ms. Clyne would like, I suppose she could go out every once in a while, if she found necessary?”
 
Lacus's eyes widened, “You mean I can go outside freely?”
 
The man looked behind him, making sure no one else was nearby and could hear, and then responded, “Well, I suppose you could say that you merely needed to go shopping. After all, we do seem to have run out of bread at the moment…”
 
Lacus laughed and looked up at the man, her pink hair vigorously bouncing off her shoulders as she laughed, “Thank you so much!” she exclaimed.
 
The man smiled, nodded and then left the room, partially closing the door behind him.
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
-Author's Note-
And that is that! I hope you all liked this chapter!!! I found it more to do with Dearka and Miriallia than anything else, and I realize that there was pretty much no Kira in here except for a couple lines *laughs nervously* but no worries!! There will always be lotsa Kira Yamato!!
 
Oh and by the way, they return address which I put for Dearka at Attha Manor is apparently the way that a real Japanese return address should look. I did a little research and that is what I found. I wanted there to be some realism in this fiction, so that's what I decided I wanted to do. If there is any error in the address, please forgive me, because I can't say I'm used to writing return addresses in Japanese ^_^!
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
Any questions, comments or concerns send to forlorn_essence@hotmail.com or send me a review so I can know what you think!!!
 
All comments are welcome!!