Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ In The Arms Of A War Hero ❯ Lest We Forget ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-Author's Note-
Well, I guess my “one chapter a day” routine is gone, lol. Thanks to all my readers and reviewers, you guys are the best! Like I said in the last update, this chapter is all about Miriallia and Lacus, but I'll see what happens as I write, some things might change.
Enjoy the update!
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
In The Arms Of A War Hero
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
Lest We Forget
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
Chapter 10
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
 
Miriallia kept fidgeting with her fingers as she and Kanadi sat on the bus, waiting for their stop to get off at the club, in which Kanadi had wanted to go to. They were both dressed up nicely and the two girls stood out on the bus like the black keys on a piano. Miriallia was dressed in her favourite black flare pants with her white belt that was adorned with the bronze buckle, and a white tank top that complimented her figure. Her hair was down around her shoulders, that brought out the colour of her vast eyes as she gazed eagerly around her at the fellow riders on that evening bus.
 
“I don't know if we should go, Kana,” Miriallia whispered, “what if we get caught?”
 
Kanadi rolled her eyes, for she had heard that remark several times before, “We're not going to, Milly. Like I said before, the bouncer is a high school chum of mine; he'll let us in, no problem.”
 
Kanadi sighed and flicked her hair away from her face so that is hung by her waist. She wore a magenta blouse that exposed her fine shoulders. There was a circular buckle that connected the two straps that went around her neck. The sash was adorned with lacey thread and material that hung down by her thighs that were complimented by tight navy jeans that brought out the curviness of her figure.
 
“Oh, I thought I should mention this before we actually get there,” Kanadi said, “Itsumo is going to be there.”
 
Miriallia turned to look at her friend, “He's going to be there? Why?”
 
Kanadi leaned her head from side to side, “Well, it was his idea, saying that he wanted to get to know me better. And he's also interested in meeting you.”
 
“Get to know you better? Kana, after almost a year of dating, how much can a guy learn about you?”
 
“A year?” Kanadi inquired bewildered with her eyes widened. She then mouthed the word “oh” and nodded her head, for she understood what Miriallia had meant.
 
“I've only been going out with Itsumo since a couple days ago…” Kanadi said tucking a piece of her straightened black hair behind her ear as she gazed at her reflection in the window opposite her and Miriallia.
 
“What?” Miriallia gasped, “but, I thought you said it was nearing your one year anniversary…”
 
Kanadi looked down at her hands and she fiddled with the bottom of her shirt, twisting the soft material between her fingers, “That was a different guy, Mir. That was Touji…”
 
Suddenly, Miriallia understood. The one Kanadi had always spoken about; the one she had neared her one year anniversary with, was Touji. Itsumo, however, was a different man altogether. Miriallia was curious to know what it was that happened that would have separated Kanadi and Touji after almost a year together. And as if reading Miriallia's mind, Kanadi opened her mouth to say,
 
“It wasn't working,” she said, “between us, I mean. Touji thought that we were too different to be together.”
 
Miriallia looked at Kanadi and said, “Kana, look, that's a total lie. That's not the kind of thing you say after you've been with someone for a year!”
 
Kanadi pulled the rope to signal the driver that the stop she and Miriallia needed was coming up shortly. She then turned to look at Miriallia with a forced smile on her ruby lips, “Thanks, Mir, but it was just so sudden. We were planning on going out, when he calls me and says that he couldn't do it. And so I said we could plan for another time, but then he's like, `no, I mean I can't do it. I can't do us anymore.' And then he went on this bullshit spree saying things like he didn't feel like he could be himself when he was with me and all this crap. And then after all the lies, the truth finally came out.”
 
The bus stopped and Miriallia and Kanadi got up and headed out of the bus and walked down the street towards a building that was emitting blue and pink neon lights with people lining up around the side of the building just to get in.
 
“What was the truth?” Miriallia asked, “What was it that he said, Kana?”
 
Kanadi scoffed and put her hands in the back pockets of her jeans as she walked beside Miriallia, “That he had met another girl.”
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
After a day of exploration, Lacus happily returned back to the house that the old woman had gratefully given to her for the time being that she was in Tokyo. She lifted up the bottom of her skirt so the hem wouldn't drag on the stone as she walked up the steps towards the house. The moment she stepped inside the brick building, her ushers were instantaneously standing before her asking her questions such as: “what happened?” “did anything go wrong?” “did anything discomfort you?”
 
Lacus simply laughed and took off her cape and her pink pigtails flew out and bounced off her shoulders as she placed the cape on the back of a chair.
 
“Nothing happened, everything was wonderful and I had a great time just wandering around the main street,” she replied gathering paper, an envelope and a pen in her grasp from an open briefcase that was laying on the coffee table, and then made her way towards the oak table in which her guards were staggered around, still asking worrisome questions. She tried to assure her escorts that everything went wonderfully and that nothing irregular or out of place happened, but they wouldn't listen.
 
“Gentlemen!” Lacus shouted, raising her voice so that all the men around her could hear her, “Rest assured that nothing odd happened. Everything was fine, so please, stop worrying.”
 
The men grumbled some remarks and then scattered around to their regular placing among the inside of the house. But one man remained behind and said,
 
“Ms, Clyne, while you were gone, the woman who left us this house came to relay on you some information.”
 
Lacus looked up interestedly, “Oh?” she asked.
 
“She told us to replay this back to you, that if there is any mail that you are sending and would like to give a return address for mail to, to just write out the following address,” the guard said handing Lacus a folded piece of paper. Lacus willingly took the paper and held it tightly in her hand.
 
“Thank you very much,” Lacus said, smiling at the man, who gave a polite nod and then returned to his previous post.
 
Lacus ran a hand over the smoothness of the envelope and the paper she held in her hand. She then took hold of the pen in her right hand and began to write an address on the paper, making sure that each number and letter - that she had memorized - came out clearly and legibly. She opened the folded paper and wrote out the return address, feeling a rush of excitement take over her. Once done, she placed the envelope to her left and then took the paper in front of her, writing down the beginning line, and then became curious and unknowing on what to write below it. But once her pen tip touched the parchment, the words just seemed to flow from her and became sprawled across the paper.
 
Dearest Kira,
It has been a while since my last letter, and I apologize for any worry I have caused you. I've been escorted to different parts of Asia and I have found myself safely in Tokyo.
 
Lacus tapped her pen on the paper, curious on whether to include his sister, Cagalli, in the letter at all, and then decided that she would be courteous to do so.
 
I hope that Cagalli is holding out alright at ORB and is learning all there is to learn about being a Representative. Please give her my regards.
 
Lacus sighed and reread what she had written and then leaned back in her chair, thinking about what else to include in the letter and then placed the pen nib to the paper once more.
 
How are you? I hope everything is well. Only being a few cities away from here seems like a cruel twist of fate. Finding ourselves in the same country but yet not able to speak to each other in person. But now, however, I am able to disclose an address in which you can send any letters to if you wanted to. It is a separate building in which I have been told that mail can be sent to.
The woman who lent me the house I am staying in, is residing at her daughter's house, and she kindly told an escort of mine that any mail I receive can be sent through her address - I expect it to be her address.
I realize that four months since my last letter is unfair and rude, and I'm sorry for such the delay, Kira, but I have seemingly been traveling often, and now, this stop is such a welcome to have.
I hope to receive a message from you soon, and hope that if you do, that it reaches me before I would have to leave once again.
I wish you the best, Kira. Please, take care.
 
Yours truly,
Lacus Clyne
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
“Kana!”
 
“Itsumo!”
 
Kanadi walked speedily over to her new boyfriend and gave him a kiss on the cheek. She turned around and held onto Miriallia's arm and guided her forward to stand beside her and Miriallia offered Itsumo a smile. He smiled back at her, with his warm chocolate eyes sparkling.
 
“You must be Miriallia Haww,” he said taking her hand in his and shaking it gently, “I'm Itsumo Gendo, it's a pleasure to meet you.”
 
Miriallia took in his appearance. Medium length brown hair that had a shaggy look to it, and warm eyes that glinted every time he smiled. His mouth was small and his chin, strong. He had broad shoulders that were covered with a tight black t-shirt that complimented his well-toned, muscular body. Miriallia's eyes remained on his strong arms and she looked at Kanadi who was looking at her in return as if asking Miriallia with her eyes if she accepted him. Miriallia nodded and Kanadi gave Miriallia an ecstatic smile and gave a happy squeak.
 
“It's great to meet you, Itsumo,” Miriallia said smiling.
 
Smiling, Itsumo said, “If it's not a problem, ladies, I happened to bring a friend of mine. He was just going to be spending a quiet night at home, so I offered for him to come.”
 
Itsumo turned and a fairly attractive man stood behind him. Miriallia expected him to be about nineteen or twenty. He was tall and had blonde hair and a tanned face with wide blue eyes. He wore a brown jacket overtop a white t-shirt. He had his hands in his pockets and he smiled at the two girls.
 
“Hey there, girls,” he said merrily.
 
Kanadi's eyes widened and she elbowed Miriallia in the ribs suddenly and gave her a forward thrust with her head as if saying “Go say hi, stupid!”
 
Miriallia stepped forward and smiled at the boy, “Hi, I'm Miriallia.”
 
“Kaji,” the boy said smiling once again, then turning his gaze to Kanadi and saying, “Hey there, Kana.”
 
She offered him a smile and said, “Well, shall we go in?”
 
When Itsumo nodded, she linked on to his arm and giggled, leading him to the front of the line, leaving Miriallia in behind with Kaji.
 
Miriallia and Kaji walked slowly behind the couple ahead of them and didn't say much to each other. Kanadi waved them over to where she and Itsumo were standing and Kaji grabbed Miriallia's hand and led her hurriedly towards the front.
 
Miriallia blushed and looked at their conjoined hands. She then looked up at Kaji, and while gazing at his face, taking in the blonde hair and tanned face, a name thrust forward into her memory. A name she hadn't thought of in a long time.
 
Dearka.
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
-Author's Note-
Not a really long chapter, but I really wanted to leave this here. And then continue on from the next chapter.
^_^ so Lacus writes to Kira and finally has an address he can respond to, hehe, finally eh? And now begins the Mir/Dear that I have been wanting to lead up to for a while now!
I'll update A.S.A.P!!
 
|<>|<>|<>|
 
Comments, questions, or ANYTHING, just lemme know!! E-mail at forlorn_essence@hotmail.com with anything or leave me a review.
 
Until Next Time!!
Your humble Writer,
Forlorn Essence*