Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Seed or Destiny? ❯ Battleground ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Battleground
Fandom: Gundam Seed/Destiny
Genre(s): General
Rating: PG-13
Theme(s): #1, Meeting Point
Author's notes: First attempt at writing such a pairing, Kira/Yzak
Disclaimer: No, I do not own Gundam Seed/Destiny.
Summary: See for yourself, lazy to summarize XD

***

Yzak frowned, Kira sighed as they stared at one another in their respective mobile suits. /How ironic.../ they both thought. It seemed that fate is always going against their wishes for peace. /Why is it that they were always fighting for the different sides?/ They couldn't help but wonder.

It would appeared that they always met on battleground, irregardless of their sides. They always ended up facing one another on battlefield. The first time, being Duel versus Strike; but during that period of time. They had no idea of one another identity in real life. However, things couldn't have stayed that way for Dearka had revealed their identity and introduced them to one another during the final battle which took place at Jakin Due.

They had met on common ground then, despite the short period of peace between Earth and PLANT. They had grown accustomed to one another's role in their respective life. When it comes to time for their separation, whereby Kira had to go back down to Earth with Athrun while Dearka and Yzak stayed on in PLANT. They had resorted to avoid all sorts of contact, communications; with the hope of lowering the level of emotional turmoil.

Now as they sat in their respective mobile suits, each of them eyed one another with a heavy heart. The battle continue around them while they sat motionless and regard each other with overwhelming emotions. Yzak was now the commander of the Jule's team for ZAFT, while Kira was the inevident, unofficial leader cum captain for the Archangel crew. Those involved in the previous war, and are aware of their feelings of one another remained solemn and left the two to their own device while they concentrate on their own battle at hand.

They were drew back into reality when Yzak's communication device buzzed, it was no doubt, the chairman of PLANT, Dulindal. With a heavy heart, Yzak charged towards Kira without mercy but with tears brimming in his eyes. He had no wish to hurt Kira, but he knew he would have to since it's a direct order coming from the chairman. How he wish he could have been as brave as Athrun to switch sides, but he knew it's impossible. After all, his mother's life was in Dulindal chairman's hands; while Athrun's father was already dead hence Athrun was free to do whatever he wanted without any responsibility resting on his shoulders.

However, before he charged towards Kira. His communication devices switched towards Dearka's , the two former elite pilots shared a look and nodded slowly in agreement. Throwing caution to the wind, they both charged towards Kira as they both knew Kira had no wish to kill and wouldn't have taken their life. Catching on, Athrun left Kira alone to deal with both Dearka and Yzak, knowing that Kira wouldn't hurt them while he concentrate on battling the others.

True indeed, Kira, making use of his fast reflex merely dismantled the mobile suits and not fired at the cockpit. Succeeding in dealing with Yzak and Dearka, he send a signal towards Archangel and entrusted both Dearka and Yzak in Archangel's hands while he hurried on to aid Athrun in the task of defeating the rest of the enemies.

Sometime later when the battle come to a temporary pause, Yzak and Dearka were safely inside Archangel. They greeted the captain, Ramius Murrae politely and waited patiently for Kira to appear. They didn't waited for too long, for Kira had rushes onto the bridge to meet Yzak without even bothering to change out of his piloting suit. Dearka, meanwhile, was spotted chatting earnestly with Mirialla Haww, the CIC of Archangel.

No words were exchanged between Kira and Yzak, they merely eyed one another with longing in their eyes. Yzak took in Kira's features, and uttered a soft but audible response. "You've changed... and matured..." Swallowing a lump formed in his throat, Yzak threw himself at Kira, causing the latter's eyes to widen.

"Yzak?" Kira uttered bewilderly.

"God... I missed you...I missed you so much." Yzak mumbled, as he buried his face into Kira's hair; inhaling the fragrance of Kira's shampoo.

Kira's lips broke into a small smile, "Yes, I missed having you around too." he responded.

~Owari~

date started: 29/06/05

date completed: 29/06/05