Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Seed or Destiny? ❯ Forgive and Forget ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Let bygones be bygones.
Claim: Set 1, Kira/Yzak (Romantic)
Theme: set #1, theme 5. Forgive and Forget
Genres:General/ mild romance
Pairings: Kira Yamato/Yzak Jule
Word Count: 770 words
Rating: PG-13
Summary: words of apologies being uttered, Yzak wept for the first time since he entered military force.

***

Yzak frowned, he had been staring at Kira for the past three hours. Yet, the latter showed no signs of acknowledgement to him. If it weren't for the constant blinking of Kira's eyes, he would have thought Kira to be dead. He weren't exactly surprised to find Kira in such a state when he arrived home from work earlier on. In fact, he had been expecting it and he would have send Kira off to the hospital to have the doctor do a checkup for the latter, if the latter had been all hyped up and bouncy when he arrived home.

He sighed, knowing it was 'that time of the year' for Kira again. He couldn't do anything to help Kira, it was him who had causes the latter all these pains and mental torture. He knew despite how many times he had told Kira to leave the past behind and faced the future, to forget all the horrors and pain of the wars, he knew the latter wouldn't be able to do so. It had become a shadow, a darkness which threatens to engulf Kira every night when the latter woke up drenched in perspiration from the recurring nightmares.

Every night, he would held Kira and comfort the latter, trying to sooth his bed mate. However, it was during this period of time where Kira would be totally unreachable for, it was during this period of time where Kira lost a number of people during the war. Kira had always take it upon himself to shoulder all the grief whenever he lose someone close to him, he felt as if he'd failed to protect.

Yzak stared at Kira despodently, he wanted so much to rid Kira of all the self-despair but he knew he wouldn't be able to. For he'd contributed much to Kira's guilt. It was he who had shot down the civilian's shuttle, creating the first emotional scar on Kira's failed attempts to protect. However, it was Kira who had disfigured him for nearly a year although it was his decision to keep the scar.

With a sigh, he headed towards Kira and settled himself next to the latter.

"Kira" he started, startling the latter from the reverie.

Kira turned and looked at him questioningly, a sorrowful look in his eyes. Yzak's heart clenched at the sight, but he forced himself to stare straight into Kira's eyes.

"Kira, I know you are hurting. I know I can't do anything to ease your pain, and I apologize for my share in causing you pain. If only I could turn back time, but I know I can't." Yzak paused for a while, trying to organize his thoughts.

For a while, Kira looked as if he was going to speak but he was silenced by Yzak's fingers on his lips.

"Let me finish... Kira, you'd to let go of the past. I'm here to help you, but nobody can reach you if you won't help yourself. I believe Lacus will say the very same thing as I did if she's here right now. I'd forgiven you for the death of Nicol and the fact that you nearly disfigured me. Why can't you do the same for me? Why are you still mourning and griefing for the casualities in the war? I'm not forcing you to forget, I know no one can erase the war from history. All I am asking of you is to stop mourning and moved on with your life. Can you do that? For me?" Yzak looked at Kira with tears welling in his eyes, he knew he was not behaving like himself.

However, he didn't care. Just for tonight, he want to be himself and not someone who's always hidden behind his emotionless mask of superiority. Tonight, he want to hold Kira and wept with the latter. He don't care if anyone sees him now, for this night, nobody else existed except for Kira.

He had no idea how long they'd stayed in that position and what time they'd moved to their bedroom. For when he woke up, he was in his room with Kira curling an arm protectively over his waist. Despite the fact that it had been a long night for him, he woke up with a satisfactory smile in the morning. It had been years since he slept so well, and he's willing to bet anything that it was a first time for Kira as well. After all, that poor boy had been plagued by nightmares daily ever since the first war in the cosmic era.

~Owari~

date started: 09/07/05

date completed: 09/07/05