Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Seed or Destiny? ❯ Maybe it's fate ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Maybe it's fate...
Fandom: Gundam Seed/Destiny
Genre(s): General
Rating: PG-13
Theme(s): #1. Meeting Point
Author's notes: The first theme for 30 gundams challenge featuring Yzak/Miri XD
Disclaimer: No, I do not own Gundam Seed/Destiny
Summary: A chance encounter between Yzak and Miriallia sparkled off the possibility of having a friendship or something more between the two.

***

The first time they saw each other, neither had the intention to mingle and get to know one another. It was under a chaotic situation and they merely caught a glimpse of one another, nothing more than that. At that point of time, neither give it much thought for it didn't seemed significant back then.

However, neither knew it was a beginning of something more for them. That, however, changes during their second encounter. It was under the influence and insistence on Dearka's part, that Yzak finally agreed to set foot upon Archangel, a battleship which had always been a source of his core loathing; ever since he'd became part of the ZAFT elite soldiers under the command of Rau Le Cruez.

Yzak vaguely recalled stepping foot on the bridge of Archangel, he was after all, merely escorting Dearka back on board the Archangel to receive medical attention. He was just about to turn and leave the ship when he knocked into someone, causing the latter to fell back and landed on the ground with a soft 'thud'. He heard a few muffled curses and look up as the girl, who he had knocked into picked herself up from the ground without kicking up a fuss. It wasn't until the girl tapped her foot impatiently on the floor, did he realized that he had been blocking the way. The mere fact that he had been staring at the girl stupidly while the latter eyed him with a strange glint in her eyes, brought a flaming red blush to his cheeks.

/Get a grip!/ Yzak reminded himself mentally. /Stop staring at the girl, she's just a mere natural!/ he snapped mentally.

"Excuse me, but do you mind?" Miriallia tried keeping her voice free from any signs of impatience.

However, she found it incredibly hard. The fact that the person in front was staring at her unmovingly was making her exceptionally uncomfortable, and the knowledge of the person being a 'co-ordinator' and being part of ZAFT unnerved her. Yet, she tried not to show her weakness, somehow, she have a feeling that this was the pilot of 'Duel'.

After all, she knew that not many members of ZAFT will stepped on board Archangel willingly. The only two so far on board Archangel, were Athrun Zala and Dearka Elthman. From what she'd gathered from her past experience and through conversation with Dearka, she knew there used to be four of them who're always on the trail of Archangel. However, one of them had been strike down by Kira, so she gathered, this person must be the last of them.

She was snapped out from her reverie when the person in front of her apologized, startling her badly.

"Huh?" she responded out of instinct.

"I apologize for blocking your way." Yzak said.

"Oh... it's fine..." Miriallia was about to head off towards the direction of the bridge, when she turned back hesitantly. "Pardon my nosiness, but are you the pilot of 'Duel'?"

Yzak blinked. It took him a minute for his mind to register the question, and he replied firmly. "Yes, why did you ask?"
Honest to speak, he was stunned for the thought how someone else outside of ZAFT was aware of this piece of information caught him off-guard.

By then, Miriallia's face was an interesting shade of red. Flushing under the eyes of Yzak's, she responded dumbly. "Well... I was just wondering, I guess you can say it's a lucky guess..."

"Lucky guess?" Yzak arched his eyebrow expectantly, waiting for Miriallia to further elaborate.

"Well, under normal circumstances, I seriously doubt anyone who belonged with ZAFT will want to step foot on Archangel. So far, the only coordinator, who'd done that were those of Clyne factor, and the other three pilots." Miriallia hesitated for a moment, before adding on. "Judging from your attire, it's obvious that you're part of ZAFT. That pilot suit of yours give it away before you can say anything else. On top of that, Dearka had once mentioned, all the pilots for Blitz, Aegis, Buster and Duel were team mates. Within them, he's closest to the pilot of 'Duel' in terms of relations."

"But that still doesn't explain why you'd thought me to be the pilot of 'Duel.'" Yzak commented.

"Well... I think it's pretty obvious. Athrun Zala and Dearka were both on board of Archangel at this point of time, I hardly doubt you're one of them. The fact that Athrun was a childhood friend of Kira ruled him out, Dearka was nearly stabbed by me the first time when we met just because of something he said, left a remarkable impression to me. Hence, I had to rule him out too... although I had never met the pilot of 'Blitz' in person, he's strike down by Kira and perished in that battle ruled him out as well. Therefore, the only logical explanation for you being here willingly must have something to do with Dearka, which kind of sum up everything." Miriallia responded wryly.

Yzak smirked. He had to admit he was impressed by Miriallia's logical explanation, then he did something out of his characteristics. He held out his hand and introduced himself formally.

"Yzak Jule."

Miriallia's eyes widen at the sight of Yzak's extended hand, before reaching out her own in hesitation. "Miriallia Haww." she responded firmly.

They shared a nod of acknowledgement and a firm shake of hands before heading their separate ways, Miriallia towards the bridge and him back to the Duel.

~Owari~

date started: 09/07/05

date completed: 09/07/05