Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Seed or Destiny? ❯ What are we? ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: What are we?
Fandom: Gundam Seed/Destiny
Genre(s):General
Rating: PG-13
Theme(s): #2, Chemistry;jolt
Author's notes: Second fic for Kira/Yzak in 30_gundams
Disclaimer: No, I do not own Gundam Seed/Destiny.
Summary: Yzak reflected on his strange relationship with Kira.

***

Yzak glances around his room on board of Archangel, Kira had left him and Dearka to their own device as soon as they were given a room each while the latter went back to the bridge for a discussion session with Cagalli and Lacus via the communication line.

Kira had apologized to them earlier on of the inconvenience and inability to let them go back to ZAFT. After all, they were supposed to be classified as 'MIA', missing in action. Despite his assurance that they don't mind staying on board Archangel for a few days, Kira still shoot him an apologetic smile before heading off to the bridge.

Now that he was alone, he could afford to let his mask slipped. Collapsing wearily onto his bed, he looked up to the ceiling in contemplation. It was during this time that he reflected back on all his encounters with Kira, be it on battlefield or outside of it. He could still remember Dearka's words from earlier before they each headed into their rooms.

Dearka had mentioned about tension being high and energy went wild whenever they were placed within two feets of one another. Initially, he had thought Dearka to be insane to be suggesting something like this. However, now he thought back on their encounter, he hate to admit but Dearka was right.

Their first encounter had been set off on the wrong foot, and Kira accidentally injuring him in one of the fierce battle triggered off more sparks between them. He had been so adamant on the idea of taking down Strike himself, and yet he couldn't help but felt lost when he heard from Athrun on the news of Strike being taken down. However, his mind had been preoccupied on Dearka's disappearance back then to realize it.

It was not until the battle in Alaska that Freedom appeared did he start questioning himself on the possibility of Strike's pilot being still alive. The sheer fact that Freedom didn't kill him and merely dismantled his mobile suit haunted him every night, it wasn't until he heard the whole story from Dearka sometime during the final battle did he finally have time to think it over.

However, certain things he still don't have an answer to, examples of such cases includes his sudden urge to save Kira's sister, Cagalli from the 'Forbidden' and the sudden shout at Freedom and Justice warning them of the dangers of Genesis when he received order to clear the path from his mother from the main control station. After his talk with Dearka, he nearly questioned his mother on the idea of it, but held his tongue at the last moment for he didn't want to risk angering anyone from PLANT.

He was draw back to reality as the door to his room slide open, and revealed a fully changed Kira in front of him. Kira had changed out from his piloting suit into the ORB force uniform, he arched an eyebrow in question of Kira's sudden entrance. Kira smiled at him but said nothing as Yzak felt himself being pulled into Kira's arms. He was surprise, but couldn't help a smile as he tighten his hold on Kira's. After a while, they pulled apart and stared one another in the eyes for some time before closing in for a kiss.

The kiss, though lasted only briefly sends a jolt of excitement down Yzak's spine. His features soften significantly as Kira exited his room and leave him alone to his thoughts. He was left staring at the closed doorway for some time before he managed to shook himself from his stupor, focusing his thoughts elsewhere.

~Owari~

date started: 16/07/05

date completed: 16/07/05