Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Seed or Destiny? ❯ Tears ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Touched
Claim: Romantic, Kira/Yzak
Theme: Set 1, #3 , Tears
Genre: General/Slight Romance
Pairing: Kira Yamato/Yzak Jule
Word Count: 1017
Rating: PG-13
Summary: Understanding between a parent and son...

***

Yzak glances at Kira from the corner of his eyes as he pretend to read the morning papers, which he'd held in his hands. They had just received news of his mother, Eriza Jule's impending visit, from Kira's twin, Cagalli. His mother had been elected for the task of attending a peace talk between PLANT and ORB, and had revealed the intention of checking up on Yzak. Despite the happiness to see his mother, Yzak had been concerned of his mother's reaction to his staying with Kira.

There hasn't been any communication between the mother and son, hence, his mother hadn't been informed of his relationship with Kira. However, it would appeared that Kira had been the one worrying over the matter instead of him. For the latter, have been pacing about the room ever since Cagalli informed them of the news. Yzak couldn't see why Kira should be the one worrying about his mother visit, after all, Kira is not the son of his mother. It should be his problem to deal with, and Kira's parents have long been aware of their relationship with one another.

Even with Kira's constant pacing around getting on his nerves, he hadn't had the heart to stop the latter. He was touched by how Kira had worried on his behalf, yet, he still believe Kira to be over-reacting. Placing the papers by the side, he crossed over to where Kira was pacing and stopped the latter by placing both hands on Kira's shoulder, preventing the latter from moving.

Kira looked up at him with questioning eyes, not understanding how he could appeared to be so relax and not a single hint of worry could be sensed from him. Smiling a rare smile at Kira, he pulled the latter aside and settled the other boy down on the couch.

"Kira, do not worry yourself over this... it's my mother, hence it's my job to deal with her. To make her understand the type of feelings we have for one another, I don't see why you should be worrying about this yourself..." Yzak said firmly.

"But..." Kira was about to say more, when Yzak silence him with a finger to his lips.

"Kira, I know you are worry... but let me assure you, my mother will understand. If anything, I'll deal with it personally. She's after all, my mother, not yours." Yzak assured.

Knowing that there's no point trying to argue with his boyfriend, for he knew Yzak can be too stubborn at times. Letting out a sigh, Kira nodded in silent agreement. Before either one could say more, their doorbell had rang, indicating the arrival of Yzak's mother. Giving Kira what seems to be a look of assurance, Yzak headed over to answer the door.

"Mum." Yzak greeted politely as he opened the door, to reveal an elegant, but smartly dressed Eriza Jule.

"Oh... Yzak, it's been such a long time... Have you been eating well?" Eriza asked, pulling her only son in for a hug.

The show of affections causes Yzak to blush in embarrassment, but didn't stop his mother. He knew that's his mother's way of expressing concern for him, gesturing to the inside of the room, he invited his mother to enter before him. That was when his mother noticed the presence of Kira, and had turned to Yzak with question in her eyes.

"Yzak, I didn't know you have guests over... at this early of time." Eriza added when she caught sight of the time being reflected on his wrist watch.

Upon hearing Eriza's statement, Kira threw a nervous glance in his direction. Yzak, meanwhile remain calm and collected, his face void of all emotions. However, the nervous glances threw in his direction hasn't been missed by Eriza's observant sight. Catching on to the hint that there's something which her son had been keeping her from knowing, she turned to Yzak with a dead serious look on her face.

"Is there something you wish to let me know?"

Yzak's face remained a mask of indifference, but the uneven breathing of him said otherwise. Eriza waited patiently as Yzak turned to her respectfully, but firmly.

"Mum, there's indeed something that we should let you know." Sneaking a glance at Kira, he directed his attention back to his mother fully and said. "Kira isn't exactly a guest..."

"He's living here as well." Yzak stated matter-of-factly.

Eriza raised an eyebrow in question, "You mean to say you've been living with him all this time?"

"Yeah... well, not only that... we're sort of together..." Yzak admitted.

There was a moment of silence as Eriza took this in, while the two boys had looked on with anxiety. After a while, Eriza looked up at Yzak with assessing eyes, before a sigh of resignation escaped her lips.

Taking a moment to calm herself, she regarded the two boys in front of her seriously. "Are you two serious with this?"

"Mum... I assure you, we're not kidding around." Yzak responded firmly.

"Well...I guess there's no way that I could have changed your mind, isn't it?" Eriza didn't bother to wait for Yzak's response, knowing the fact that her son could be as stubborn as a mule, once he'd made up his mind.

"In that case, I would have to accept it and face up to reality that my son is not going to give me a grandson, anytime in the near future." A tight smile graced her lips as she looked over to Kira with approval, "Well...I'm not going to complain, for I've gained myself another son."

Kira looked up at Eriza in surprise, while Yzak smiled at his mother with gratitude. Eriza managed a smile of her own, however, the tears gathering at her eyes were not to be missed. She was truly happy that her son had found happiness, despite it was not the way she had pictured it to be, yet, she's not going to risk her relationship with her son just because she didn't approved of her son's sexual preference.

~owari~

date started: 23/08/05

date completed: 23/08/05

date revised: 24/08/05