Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ She, The Ultimate Weapon! ❯ : operation eleven : ( Chapter 12 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Gundam SEED fanfiction
 
She, The Ultimate Weapon!
 
By sanzo_reload
 
Disclaimer : Whatever!
 
 
Italic means the character's thoughts or something like that.
 
keh means okay. That's the way I pronounce it.
 
Author's note : Hey, long time no see. Sorry that I haven't update for a while, okay to be exact, almost 7 months long. It's just that I don't know what to write and two days ago, I was like, “Hey, I know what to write for my story… FINALLY!!” So, hope someone are still reading this fic cause I don't want my effort of writing goes in vain.
 
To people who reviewed, thanks a lot. And to YzakLoverExtrodianiare, thanks for your flame, I appreciate you for being all honest and open. I know my fic sucks but then again, your fanfic your own rules, you do what you want.. Hope you keep reading it though. Enough babbling, go on with chapter 11, hope you enjoy, read and review. Any grammatical or spelling error, please bear with it. It's not going to kill you.
 
 
: operation eleven :
 
(Normal P.O.V)
 
 
 
Megan sighed, staring at her reflection in the mirror. Her blue black hair was really messed up. She hated her hair and much more she hated her roommate, the so-called high and mighty, Yzak Jule. "How dare he strip in front of an innocent girl like me? I'm tainted. Oh God, what did I do to deserve this fate?" she mumbled dramatically.
 
She sighed again before unbuttoning her shirt. She stopped in her track when she her eyes caught the sight of the glistering silver pendant hung loosely on her neck. A silver heart-shaped pendant to be exact. She opened the locket only to see a woman picture, with warm smile across her soft face with a boy no older than 3 years old.
 
Beep.. beep..
 
The sudden sound of her handheld PC in her jeans pocket startled her.
 
Incoming message from your brother.
 
She pressed the button on her PC, the face of her brother appeared on the screen. His face shows nothing else but distress. "What is it, aniki [1]?" she greeted, alarmed by her brother expression.
 
"I got news for you, Megan. And it's not a good one, you see."
 
"What do you mean? Care to explain?" Megan questioned.
 
Her brother took a deep breath before opening his mouth again just to be interrupted by the sound of Yzak's voice, screaming out behind the door.
 
"Hey, what are you doing talking by yourself in that bathroom? Are you crazy?"
 
"Oh, yeah. Maybe I'm just crazy." Megan sighed. "What are you doing with a guy in a room with you? I told dad not to let you go alone to Earth and he said he trusted you. And look, now you started to sleep around with guy. I'm disappointed in you, Megan." the blond-haired man on the screen shook his head, just to crack into a fit of laughter later.
 
"What's so funny?"
 
"Nothing. Just go, don't want him to be waiting." her brother said with a high pitched voice, pretending to be all girly. "And don't forget, use condom. Don't want to have grandchildren by the age of 30." he said again, breaking into another fit of laughter.
 
"I still hear people talking..." Yzak voice was heard again, trailing off.
 
"Oh, will you just shut up?" Megan screamed, then whispered, "Whatever. I'll contact you later tonight when I get to be alone. I'm changing."
 
"Can you keep the PC on? I want to see you change." he said, with a sly smirk.
 
"Ewww.. gross. Go screw other girl, will you?" with that she switched off her PC, slipped into her pajama before cleaning up her teeth and made her way out from the bathroom, only to be greeted by weird stare Yzak been giving her.
 
"What now, Yzak?"
 
"Nothing. Just want to check up whether you're really crazy or not. Don't want to wake up seeing myself dead with the bright light of heaven clouding my vision." Yzak replied, nonchalantly. "I still have a bright future ahead of me."
 
"No worry, at least you'll be safe for tonight." Megan replied, grabbing a pillow and the extra blanket from the closet, heading toward the door. "I'll be sleeping on the couch tonight."
 
"Oh... great. Lucky for me, then." he said, resting his head on the comfy pillow. Yzak was about to drift into a sleep when he noticed that Megan was still standing at the doorframe. "What are you still doing here, woman?"
 
Megan stared at him with a confused gaze. "You're a guy. Aren't you going to say like, 'No, it's okay. I'm the guy. I sleep on the couch'?"
 
"No, why would I? Don't want to fight over a couch, do we?" Yzak sneered.
 
'Urgh.. What a senseless guy. Why the hell did I even bother?" Megan stormed out from the room angrily.
 
"Yes, now that the girl is gone, where are we Mr. Yzak?" Yzak mumbled to the teddy bear.
 
: o : o : o : o : o :
 
 
Megan practically threw the pillow and the blanket onto the couch out of anger before throwing herself onto the couch, her head resting on the pillow, "Great, this is not the comfy I'm actually looking for but at least I'm alone. Now where are we?" she said, turning her PC on again.
 
"Okay, what is it, aniki [1]?"
 
"It's our mother and brother. I got a lead about their whereabouts."
 
"Mom? Michalski? How? When? Where?" Megan stuttered, eager to know more.
 
"But.."
 
"What is it? Will you just spit it all out already?"
 
"From the intelligence that I got... mom died."
 
She could have sworn that her heart has stopped beating at that exact moment. If she was holding a glass plate, she would have dropped it onto the ground, only to find it shattered into million pieces. Only that she's not holding one, so no harm done.
 
"How?"
 
"She stayed on Earth after the divorce with dad. When Earth was under attack, the escape shuttle she was in... was shot."
 
"Wh- Wait. Aren't soldiers were prohibited to shot down a civilian shuttle? Civilian didn't carry a gun or a rocket launcher or something. That's why they've been called CIVILLIAN."
 
"Shush a bit, will you? This is just some rumors, okay."
 
Megan nodded her head, trying to calm herself down. "Michalski.. What about him?"
 
"There's a news that mom has sent him to Lost Ground after the attack on Heliopolis. To HOLY, to be exact. You know, because his Alter abilities and all. In fact, I think mom did try to contact you about this and all, but somehow the connection to you was blocked by someone."
 
"And when was that? I mean, I was there the whole time. It's impossible that I haven't notice his presence all the while."
 
The statement made his eyebrows furrowed upward a bit. "That's what I'm trying to figure out. I contacted HOLY, our brother's name was indeed registered there, but he never made it there, never going through under the training whatsoever."
 
Megan was deep into her own thought. Her brother's name was there, but why he didn't he made it there if her mother really sent him there. It's not like there were somewhere else to go in Lost Ground beside HOLY.
 
"What are you thinking, Megan?"
 
"Right now, I feel as if I knew nothing. This is so frustrating. When you think you are getting closer, it seems as if you are so far away again. Try to search more, will you? I'll try to contact HOLY again, to talk to Ryuuho and Mimori. Maybe they knew something about this."
 
"Okay, then. Take care."
 
"Okay. Oh, by the way, will you mind sending me a ten thousand dollars cheque over here? I forgot to bring my money." Megan said, half pleading.
 
Her brother shook his head again in disbelief, "I can't believe you screw up again. Okay, I'll try. Bye."
 
"Thanks. Good luck with the mission. Ja [2]." with that the screen went blank, leaving Megan alone in the darkness of the night.
 
 
: o : o : o : o : o :
 
 
The next morning had been like hell for Miriallia. Not only the bunch was fighting for using the bathroom first as early as 4.30 am (thanks to Claude who woke up that early!), the also fought over the last piece of bacon on breakfast.
 
"Hey, I saw it first!" Cagalli shouted when Athrun picked up the last bacon on the plate with his fork and tried to snatch it away from Athrun. "But I took it first!" Athrun replied, keeping his fork higher from her reach. "Give me that, Athrun.."
 
Thanks to that, many others decided to join their fight. Dearka was practically wrestled Athrun to the ground just to get the bacon. "Hey, Dearka. Get off me."
 
"Not until I get the bacon."
 
"But I took it first."
 
"And I saw it second. If it is 2 seconds earlier, I could've got the bacon."
 
"No, it's mine." Athrun yelled, fighting back.
 
"HEY, ATHRUN. I TOLD YOU, I WANT THAT!!" Cagalli shouted.
 
"Hey, where's my share?" Claude asked, innocently.
 
"I want additional bacon too. It's not fair." Yzak complained. Megan, however was surprisingly quiet while eating her breakfast slowly in her seat.
 
"THAT'S IT!! STOP THIS NONSENSE RIGHT NOW OR I'M GOING TO RIP YOUR HEAD OFF YOUR BODY!!" Miriallia yelled, feeling her temper rising up in every friction of seconds.
 
Silence.
 
"What is it with you guys? I thought you guys were here for some 'official' business or something. Why the hell would you guys fighting for a piece of bacon?" Miriallia questioned. “And you, Megan, what's with the silence treatment?”
 
"Beuicoose weuur hundgfry? (Because we're hungry?)" Athrun answered, finally swallowing down the bacon. “My back ached. I have to sleep on the couch last night, and let me remind you, it's not a pleasant experience.” Megan replied, her face showing discomfort.
 
“Remind me again why are you sleeping on the couch when I actually gave you a room for you to sleep in?”
 
“Just don't want to share a-“
 
“She's crazy.” Yzak blurted out. “Last night, I heard she talked to herself in the toilet. I tell you, it was freaky.”
 
“Excuse me.. I talked to someone on the PHONE.. Ever heard of technology?”
 
“Uhh.. To who, may I ask? Jake, your imaginary friend?” Yzak smirked.
 
Megan groaned in frustration. “Just shut up.” With that, the table fell silent, before turning upside down all over again.
 
"Athrun, how dare you eat my bacon? You gonna get something from me!" Cagalli temper flared up.
 
"Teme [3], and here I thought you're my best friend. I can't believe you actually would be the one who betray me this much. Athrun, to tell you the truth I'm really disappointed in you, bla.. bla... bla..." Dearka kept babbling out.
 
Miriallia sighed. "Actually, I got a great new for you guys."
 
Nobody was listening.
 
"You guys need money, right?" Miriallia raised her voice a bit.
 
With that, everybody diverted their attention from their food to Miriallia. Everybody nodded.
 
"I believe I got a way for you guys to earn it.."
 
Everybody nodded frantically.
 
"All you have to do is..."
 
"All we have to do is.............." everybody imitated.
 
".... work!" Miriallia finished her sentence.
 
"... WORK?"
 
"WORK??"
 
"WORK???"
 
"WORK????"
 
"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORK??????????"
 
"You mean, getting a job on Earth?" Yzak questioned.
 
Miriallia nodded. "Yup. As simple as that."
 
"You mean, I have to work with Naturals, is it?"
 
"Yeah, I guess so."
 
"And to get my hands dirty with Naturals all around me?"
 
"Y-Yeah, I guess."
 
"And you're saying that I have to spend my time working in the same room as the Naturals. Is it what you're trying to say?"
 
"FOR HEAVEN SAKE YZAK. DOES IT EVEN OCCUR TO YOU THAT YOU WERE ON EARTH RIGHT NOW??" Miriallia replied, half yelling.
 
"Great. First I'm stuck with this weird assignment and it all thanks to Megan. Second, as you can see right now, I am stuck on Earth. And then, I'm stuck with Naturals and now you want me to work with Naturals? There's no way I'm doing that. NO WAY!!" Yzak complained.
 
Miriallia sighed. "Fine. Do what you want. Then you'll stuck here forever with me and all those Naturals. Just do that for all I care."
 
Yzak paled out. "You mean, forever?"
 
Miriallia nodded.
 
"Forever and ever?"
 
She nodded again.
 
"Forever and ever and ever and ever again?"
 
She nodded, sweatdropped.
 
"Forever and ever and ever an-
 
"YEAH, FOREVER AND EVER AND UNTIL YOU'LL DIE, OKAY?? GET IT, UNTIL Y-O-U-D-I-E!!!" Miriallia screamed out.
 
Yzak stunned.
 
"Wow, I never know you can actually scream. You seem incapable of it. Weird." Dearka muttered.
 
Cagalli laughed. "So, Mir. Is the job still up for grab?"
 
 
: o : o : o : o : o :
 
 
It was summer. Hundreds of people were hanging out around the beach, just lying down, sunbathing, surfing, building sandcastle, running around and…. WORKING!!
 
“Ice cream, ice cream.. One buck per cone.” Dearka yelled from a small stall located just before the beach. “Hey, sweet chicks, come buy some ice-cream.” He said as a couple of girls in bikini were passing by his stall. The girls giggled and stopped by to purchase 3 cones of ice-cream from his stall.
 
Dearka was about to yell again to attract attention to his stall when he heard Athrun called his name. “Hey Dearka.”
 
“Hey.”
 
“How's your job?”
“Pretty okay. I'm not complaining. Cute girls are everywhere. It's a pity, Miriallia is not here. You're not here to ask me whether I'm doing alright or not on my job, right? I think I knew you long enough.”
 
“Fine. Well, you see the guy right there with Cagalli? Didn't he seem to be a little too friendly with my girlfriend? I know she is supposed to save people's life, but I don't see that he's drowning or something and he really doesn't look like he needed saving, so why in the world is he talking to my GIRLFRIEND??” Athrun wailed, his finger pointing at Cagalli's direction.
 
Dearka averted his eyes, following Athrun's finger. “Dude, that guy just Yzak.” He replied in a confused manner.
 
“Yeah, and what the hell is that with the talking?”
 
“They are working together. Of course, they have to talk once in a while. And what happen to your surfboard stall? You are supposed to be there.”
 
However, Dearka comment was ignored by Athrun. “Look, he's talking to her again.” He mumbled. Out of irrational jealousy, he went to the scene himself, followed closely by Dearka.
 
“Hey Cagalli.” He greeted with a smile. “Hey, what are you doing here?” Cagalli smiled back.
 
“Nothing. Just to greet you and give you this.” Athrun replied shortly before giving Cagalli a chaste kiss on the lip. With the scene before his eyes, Yzak made a face.
 
“See you later, Cagalli.” Athrun waved goodbye, before turning his gaze to Yzak, giving him a don't-mess-with-my-girl-or-I-kill-you-nice-and-slow dangerous look, and with that, he went back to his stall. Even then, he manage to give Yzak a warning look again, on his way to the surfboard stall.
 
Yzak was dumbfounded with his meaningful stare just went, “What the hell did I do wrong?”
 
“Just don't mess with his girl.” Dearka muttered, shaking his head a few times. “Jealousy can sometimes be ugly. People actually kill because of jealousy. In fact, if you wish to see the bright sunlight of tomorrow, don't talk to Cagalli at all,” Dearka added, rather dramatically.
 
“Wow, jealousy is indeed very scary.” Yzak muttered, out of blue.
 
 
: o : o : o : o : o :
 
 
“So, how's work for the first day?” Miriallia asked at dinner.
 
“Umm.. pretty okay. It's quite fun.” Yzak replied.
 
Athrun snorted. “Fun? Are you having so much fun flirting with MY girlfriend?”
 
“What? I don't flirt with your girl. I just talk to her.” Yzak defended himself.
 
“Yeah right. As if I can't see.”
 
“Oh yeah. Fine. Yes, I flirted with your girl. Uh, the scene of her in the bikini… is unbelievable. She's so sexy. I just can't resist her.” Yzak replied, rather sarcastically. “How's that, Zala?” he continued.
 
With the reply, Athrun immediately shot up from his seat and plunged toward Yzak, only to be stopped by Dearka's powerful arms. “Let me go, Dearka.” Athrun said, warningly.
 
“Cagalli, a little help here, please.”
 
“Athrun, if you keep doing that, I will personally sending you back to Orb. For Heaven's sake, you're overreacting. It's Yzak we're talking about. He does not flirt with me, or anybody else. I thought you said he's a gay..” Cagalli ended up her speech.
 
“What? What do you call me? A gay?” Yzak snarled. “How about this Zala? I call you a backstabber.”
 
“Oh, yeah. Like I care. For all I know, you only love Dearka, right?”
 
“I so do not love Dearka. He's just a friend of mine.”
 
“Yeah, a `special' friend.” Athrun sneered, emphasizing the word special.
 
“What's the proof then?”
 
“The question is, what is there is not the proof? Everything you do just show your love for Dearka, isn't it, sissy boy?”
 
“Like what?”
 
“Like.. like.. umm.. yeah, like the way you stare at him?”
 
“How did I stare at him?”
 
“How am I supposed to know? You're the one in love with him.”
 
“Teme [3], how dare you. Zala, you're putting your life on the line by messing with me.” Yzak warned Athrun, giving him a death glare, standing up from his seat to go back to his room. “Where are you going, sissy boy?” Athrun questioned.
 
“To my room. And let me remind you, Zala, this fight is not over. You just started a war. Let's the war begin.” Yzak declared, laughing out loud like an evil maniac.
 
“Fine. Let's the war begin, Yzak. May the strongest win.” Athrun spat.
 
“Yeah, I will be watching you, Zala.”
 
“Yeah, I'll be watching you too, Jule.”
 
With that, both of them returned to their own room, leaving the whole table in complete awe.
 
“Okay, that's unexpected. Care to fill in the detail for me about what actually happened?? Megan asked in confusion.
 
“Let see, where do I start..” Dearka started the story.
 
 
: o : o : o : o : o :
 
 
So, how's that? Hope you guys like it. Yeah, of course there would be love story in this fic but we haven't got there yet. So, be patience, keh. So, what's going to happen next? Will Athrun win? Or will Yzak triumph over Athrun? How far would they go to win the battle they started? Stay tune for the next chappie.
 
Until then, jana..