Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ The SouL Of DarKneSs ❯ Yesterday and Tomorrow ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ok, lets get this quiz started. Well, your name is Sara, you have jet black hair, whom stops at your shoudlers. You usually wears them straight, parted them to the side, hiding most of your face. You're a little mysterious and you always look like trsutful about yourself. You are antisocial but you have many friends around, they like the way you stay yourself, the way you are real.
Right now, you go to The Moon's High School, and you hate it. You hate it as you hate naturals.
Yep, you're a coordinator, and like many of others, you lost all your family in the “bloody Valentine”. When this hapenned, you were to a sepcial event at your school, so you weren't home for the whole week.
You were full of hatred against them. You couldn't believe what they had done. You kept repeating it was their fault if you were so sad now.
Anyway, this morning, like any other morning, you went to school were you met a bunch of school friends (all phonies to you). You sat to your bench in your class and listenned to the teacher. It was boring as hell. You never listenned to the teacher. The only real thing that is cool to you is the theoric about the GUNDAM. You sometimes play with the simulations in your free time, and you were damn good in it. You kept dreaming of riding a true GUNDAM to go kick ass of these stupid naturals. Only the coordinators could ride the GUNDAM, and that pleased you a lot.
You finnaly got to your Special class in introduuction to the gundam. You always got Optimal in your grades, wich amazed your teacher, M. Spendlater.
Today, you had a special exam, and you knew it. You got prepared and everything, and when you got to the simmulation machine, you stayed cool and relaxed. It was so easy to you, you were typing very fast and were moving the guns there and there to shoot the ennemy on the screen.
When all was over, M. Spendlater congratulated you. “Excellent, Miss Tsukara... as usual” he said with a proud smile.
You nodded as you walked away for the lunch time. Suddendly, a lot of person started to circled you and question exploded. They were admiring you!
You just ignored them and then your friends followed you. You all sat at a bench and eat and all. Besides, you didn't want to talk. You never want to talk. You were so energetic before, when your parents were still alive... and now you just seem to be a corpse who was walking on it's on, never wondering why and how, just gazing out without even realized it was there. That's how you felt. In that very way.
You were about to get to your private room to get some time alone when a boy come to you and give you a paper with a message written on it. You just took it and nodded as you entered the room.
You recognized the name at the bottom. It was your Principal, who was a general before, and still, he looks so J.I joe's in his blue uniform.
The message said that the principal wanted to meet you. Personnaly. You keep wondering a minute. Was that about your grade? They weren't so bad, but these times you had felt more depressed and you didn't really studied at all.
The meeting was fixing up tomorrow at 7pm. You still didnt know what to think about it. You just left the room and walked away.
 
 
So far, you got to the principal's office. You sat down straight as he was lloking at you with glare eyes, almost suspiscious.
Then he openned a folder in front of him. It was your personnal record, obviously. “is that the first time we met, Miss Tsukara?” he asked in a very neutral voice. “yes, it is, sir” you answered. “May I know now what I did?” He looked up at you in surprised, the he smiled. “Do you think you're here because you did something wrong?” he said with an amused voice. “ehhh.... Well, I don't know...”
He continued smiling as someone knocked on the door. The Principal got up and went to open it. Another man came in, dressed in tho whole army uniform. You just looked up at him. “So, it's her...” said the man as you were both staring at each other. “I'm glad to meet you.” He continued. You both shook hands, then he sat on another chair just beside you. “This is Ray Zuki” said your Principal, introducing him to you. “He's from the ZAFT's forces.” Zuki turned on you with a gentle smile. “I'm under orders form the ZAFT's supreme council” he continued. “We really need new elite pilots for our GUNDAM. Some have strongly recommanded you, as a matter of fact. I studied your case and you seem to have excellent aptitudes to became a good pilot.” You almost choked when he said that. “you... you really think?” you asked with hesitation. “You have the attitude and the rapidity” said Zuki with a thin smile. “Therefore, you'll need to have special formation on earth, to the Carpentaria's Base, in australia. All we need is an answer form you. You know, I have to advise you that it will not be easy-really. You have to be strong, not only by your body, but by your mind. Will you think about that?”
You almost gasped. “No, wait! I can answer right away! I accept! That is my wish! Really!” you almost screamed it, and your Principal and Zuki exchanged smiles. “all right, then, I'm very glad about it...” Zuki answered. “You'll have to sign some little things. A ship will take you in two days. Make your farewell, soldier.”
 
You made all you packages and you were ready to leave. You couldn't believe it. They had chosse you! And now, you'll go on earth to practice harder and harder!
You promised to yourself to do you best. As you were walking to the spot were the ship come down. You waited there as you see your friends running up to you. “Hey, Sara! You're already leaving?” “why didn't you tell us you were leaving right now?” “Hey, it's ok, guys” you replied, glad to see them anyway. “I didn't want to bother you... you shouldn't have come...
As you said that, a large grey ship was slowly coming down. It installed itself on the large white spot as the winds were blowing up your hair in you face...
 
 
You were leaving in this large ship trough the espace to get on the Earth, to the Carpentaria's Spae, in Autralia. This was a special ZAFT base were you will have your hard-training journey.. You were very excited about all this.
You arrived to Autralia, wihtout any problem when you entered the athmosphere. You grabbed all your stuff and followed Zuki, who was still with you. You didn't talk much to him in the ship, but you started a little conversation with him since you were entering the big base.
You finally got to a large room, with table, bench and vending machine and sutff. A LOT a poeple were reunited there, talking about things, or simply eating. This was the communary dinning room, it seems. But everyone stopped talking when you arrived. They just stared at you with surprise. You immediatly blush as you realised you were the only GIRL!
Everyone was whispering “Look! A girl!...” and you turned to Zuki. “So, I'm the first girl in here, I guess...” you said, with a mean look. “Yes, but you'll see, these guys will be very nice with you” replied Zuki with a large smile.
You weren't so sure about that. “Hey, baby, this is not a rest home for you nails!” shouted a guy in the back of the room. You stared furiously at him. “Well, most of them...” Zuki continnued. You had wish he just took you to your personnal room, then another one shouted “Hey, cutie, why don't ya come here and have a chat?” You jus ignored them and followed Zuky who finally moved out. He showed you your apartments and you left your stuff there. You thought that it will not be as easy as you pretend. With all these sexist batard around, it will be NOT easy. Someone knocked at the door. “Enter”. With the sound of your voice, the door openned by itself and a boy was standing there. “whatya want?” you asked angrily, sure that he was there to annoy you. He had blonde haid, a little long, mostly parted to a side of his head. A had a cute little face, but you just stood there and wait for an answer. “My name is Miguel Aiman” he finally said. “I'll be your mentor.” You look at him severly. “And I supposed you didn't know either I was a girl?” “No, but that don't bother me at all, you know. I think I'll a plenty of fun.” “So, when am I starting, Sir?” you asked to change the topic. “please, don't call me like that... Call me Miguel. And we'll start tomorow at 5.” “At 5? Isnt' that a little late?” “5 am, dear...” he said with a funny voice. “You better get up early and don't make party tonight. Just meet me at the simulation center. Good evening...”
Then he turned up and walked away. You still look at him with suspicious eyes. It was near 7pm and you were really tired of that travel and you didn't sleep still, you you got straight to the bed and sleep.
 
 
You joined Miguel at the simulation center, as promised, and he introduced you to a heavy machine with a small seat beneath two large mobile suits arms. You just sat in front of the big minotor, glancing all around you. Everything started to vibrate and you look at Miguel with surprise. "
simulation..." he laughed. "It'll be the same in a real Gundam..." "Yeah, I know that... well, get this started!"
He pushed a button, then images appeared on the screen. You did as usual in your classes and typed very fast, but you immediatly saw that something was wrong. The mobile suit arms blocked like it was stuck or something. You opened a program and started anaylsed the stuff and databases and finally spot the one who was incorrect. You repaired the error in the files,and then, everything seems to be back to normal, and you started to shoot one by one the ship on the screen (with digital bullets, it seems), moving up and down the robots arms with the joystick altrough the seat.<br> When everything was over, Miguel congratulated you. "Well, I see they didn't take an amateur. You did it all right. As you saw it, we inserted a bug in the program, but you detected it. It was very good for a first shot." "This is not my first shot, I mean, I sometimes have played with these kind of machines" "Yeah, but it's not the same... And you'll see, in a real Gundam, it isn't a game anymore. Got that?"<br>
You nodded as you followed him to a next simulation machine... <br>
--)**Three months have passed since you arrived to the base. You hadn't talked to your old friends again, but you knew they were surely thinking about you... if they hadn't already forgotten you!
You were making really good and evident progresses. As you ignored all the bastard mocking you because still, you were a girl in an a-male field. You slowly became one of the best pilots in formation. Miguel was very proud of you, as you mentor, and he became a really good friends of yours,too. You both were always eating togheter, doing your stuff togetherm taking walks togheter. While he was with you, the others weren't bothering you at all. "Just don't care about them..." he said to you. "They're just bunch of idiots!" "Yeh, they still don't know that I might be stronger then them!" "Yeah, you're right! SARA THE MALE ASSKICKER, that rocks out, hu?"<br>
 
You had recently went into your first real mobile suit, and you had been very excited when you had seen the control pannel and all those monitors surrounding you like they were spying every of your moves. You had managed really good for a first try, and one of thoses idiots, a guy named Florence, wanted to challenge you, but you had surpried him a little.... <br>and then, nobody ever came to annoy you.
<br>You and Miguel were studying on the large yard behind the base. Some guys were hanging around, playing football or simply talking at dinner tables near. Miguel was asking you questions for the theoric because you had an important exam soon, but you didn't really wanted to do this stuff. You were tired and not in the mood of studying "Please, can we do something else, for once?" you asked as you layed on your back on the soft grass. "My head is hurting, I need a break..." "So what do you want to do?" "I dunno, I wanna move a little... just unwind all this stress!" He got up, still looking at you with mischief. "Okay, then run..." he said "What? What do you mean?" "Run! And I'll catch you! You always bragged how fast you run , let's see it! Plus, it's th ebtter way to unwind! and if I catch you...." He started to think. "...you'll have to get up at 5am tomorrow and do my special training..." "ARHG! yo're damn crazy!!" you knew Miguel's special training were like death to you. it was one of the most difficult and tiresome ever, too."all right. but if you don't, you free my of the training tomorow after noon" "it's a deal" You stared to laugh as you stood up at his height. "Then, give me a little seocnd of advance!" before he could say anything, you just ran out the fastest you could. You tought you had lost him far behind but he surprised you as he suddendly grabbed your arm. You were so suprised that you tripped on something then fell. Miguel didn't expect this and he tried to grab you back in time, but he only succed to fall right on you. His knee had hit your hips, but it wasn't really hurting, because you were laughing so loud that your couldn't think of what was happenning. That felt good, it's been a long time since you didn't laugh like that. His blonde hair were brushing delicately agaisn't your cheek "Why did you that for?!!" he asked you, laughing as well. "I just... fell..." You couldn't speak out the word in line, so you shut up. He stayed like ths for about ten seconds, looking kindly down at you like you were his little sister, then he helped you to get up. "I hope you didn't hurt yourself..." "No, it's okay... execpt for that hit I received form your knee!" "I'm sorry! I didn't mean too..." "No! No, it's mine... I was running so fast, afterall, and I wasn't even looking where I was going!"
Miguel looked up to his watch and his features tensed up within a second "Oops, better leave now..." he said. "Le creuset must be waiting for me." "Who?" "Rau Le Creuset... he's my commander, I sometime take part of his team of Elite soldiers. I was sent here for a while because I had to train you, but now I think he has an important mission for me." "So you got here only for me?" "Uh... well, yes..." "How cute!" you said with an amused voice. "I guess I have to thank you." "No need, I'm glad I've meet ya, you know... You have a terrific personnality, I mean it. You're a very nice girl... I,m sure you'll suceed good. I believe in you." "Well, thank you..." You said while you were blushing a little. He openned his mouth, as he was going to add something, but he just turned away and ran back to the base. You still stood there, shrugged your shoulders in incomprehension.
 
It was almost night outside and you didnt meet Miguel yet. You were wondering were he had been the whole afternoon. Suddendly, a boy, who you knew by his face, came up to you and said "Hey, aren't you at the central airport?" You looked at him in surprise. "Why would I?" You didnt give him the chance to explain himself and you asked: "Have you seen Miguel? I've been searching for him and..." "You didn't know, then?" "Know what?" "Miguel is leaving the base..." "What???" you chocked, staring at him with stupefaction. "When?" "Well, he must be leaving in a few minutes... that's why I asked you the question... I thought you'd be there to tell him goodbye." "You have to help me find him, please!!!"
He just nodded, understanding your detress, and you followed him in the whole base, running and all. He knew you wanted to see him so bad before he left... He was really kind to help you out.<br>
"By the way, what's your name?" you asked him. "Hu? My name is Spencer. Come on!"
You finally reached the airport. You tought is was too late but you saw Miguel not far from you, with his luggages. He was walking to the steps. "Miguel!!! Wait!!!!" you shouted, running toward him. He turned up to you, and then he smiled widely. "where do you think you're going without even saying goodbye to me??!!"
"Sara! Where have you been? I've searched you everywhere!" You were standing in front in him, now. You were out of breath. But you didnt care. You could see his wonderful eyes again, once before he would left away..."I'm so sorry..." he said as sadness speard on all his face. "I'm glad to see you before I leave..." You just nodded. You didnt know what to say. "So, you're finally leaving, aren't you?"you asked stupidly, as the answer was glaring. "Yeh, They just gave me a mission, up in space... it seems to be very mportant, so they asked me to leave like now." "When do yo think you'll come back?" "I... I don't know... Soon, I hope..." He was looking sorry to leave you behind, but you gave him a big smile. "Don't worry for me, I'll be okay... You have been a great mentor to me. Just... promise me you won't do silly stuff up there..." He laughed softly. "I won't..." "I'll be alright" you repeated to him, as you wanted to convince yourself first. "I know..." He bented his head to kiss you on the forehead as you felt his hands on your both arms. You blushed immidiately, speachless. You were afraid, now, that he would leave like that, so you gave him a big hug. He embraced you back with this sly smile of his own.
And then he walked to the steps and got into the aircraft. Just before, he waved at you and you responded it right away. Spencer was just behind you, but you were sure he have seen your shinning eyes. You didn't want to cry, but slow tears were running trough your cheeks. You were happy and everything for him. But you had the terrible feeling that something will happen to him.
 
Miguel had left three weeks ago, and you didn't have any news of him yet. That depressed you a lot, you tought he might would send you something... you were disapointed, but Spencer was now most of the time hanging with you. He was very funny and kind, with a sweet innocence and all. Last day he wouldn't belive that some kins of butterflies were only living for a day. "If I would be then...i would passed this day with the one they cherish" "SPencer, they'r eonly butterflies" you had replied. "They don't have any family." "Oh... well, I gues they must be sad."
<br>He was older then you, but in his look, he kept this serenity you never had. and when he was talking like this, he wa slike a child to your eyes. but you were feeling good with him, at least, you made friends in here, wich was seeming imossible at the beginning. You had now the respect of others.
You were sitting to the dinning room with some of others boys. They were cracking jokes to make you laugh, like they could catch you attention this way. This made you a little weary, but you didnt mind at all. Today, you had nothing special, so you all went to the backyard and started to play football. It was very funny, and you didn't know how much hours you all stayed there. When you finally got in, you only saw sadness spreads on every faces of the guys who were already in. Everyone looked depressed, all of a sudden
'did I miss something? you asked to yourself. You didnt mind at all and you withdraw to your private room.
You were getting undressed to take a shower but someone knocked on the door. You quickly dressed yourself back and shouted "Come in". It was Spencer. He looked worry or something. You gave him a weird look. "What's hapenning?" He didn't answer right away. He just looked sadly at you as he entered the room. "Have bad news..." he simply said. You kept looking him. You bit your lips, nervous. "What?" He took his time before he replied. "It... it's Miguel... he's... dead."
You chocked under the surprise and the pain. "w-w-what?" "I'm sorry..." he immediatly said "We just learn it. He went to this mission on Heliopolis and he had been shot down."
You felt you legs slipping away under you and you fell on the ground. Your body was like numb, you couldn't move an inch. "no... that cant be..." you whispered. "I'm so sorry" reapeted Spencer as he knelt down to hug you. Hot tears of sadness and hatred were running down your cheeks. It was these naturals again! They had stole him away from you, as they stole your whole family! Why did they have to ruin everything? Deep inside you, you promised to seek vengence.
 
The new of Miguel's death had made you down and absent-minded all the time. You couldn't stop thinking about him. The whole thing was depressing you a lot.
Today, you had received a letter, wich said you had to meet the commander in charge of the base. That's what you did, without evident convictions.
You bowed and make the traditionnal military salute. "You wanted to meet me, commander?" you asked. "Yes. You can sit down, soldier." That's what you did, and you just looked at him with a straight and plain face. "I know that the new of Miguel Aiman has shook you, and all the others by the way. He was a great pilot and a great mentor. Everyone missed him really bad..." you nodded, like you were saying 'and whats the point?' "You know that he was in Le Creuset's team?" "Yes, this is an elite team, if I'm not mistaken." "Well, with the loss of Miguel and the soldier Rusty, there's now a place in Le Creuset's team. We strongly recommanded you to him, and he seemed to be very interested in your case. You have finally the chance to be picked up in a really good team, that's an opportunity of a lifetime.... Will you accept?." You didn't know what to answer. You wanted to accept, of course, but you didn't know how you'll react to be in Miguel's team, taking <i>his</i> place. "Well... I just wanna know... Can I, at least, meet the commander Le Creuset?" you asked. "Of course, he's in the other room. I think he wanted to meet you as well. Wait a minute..."<br>
He left the office and came back with Le Creuset. You just gave him a funny look. He was wearing a sort of silver mask that was hiding half of his face and his eyes by the same time. He had long blonde hair, a little curly. You couldn't tell what was his expression, because of the mask. You rosed off the chair and stepped toward to him, and you both shook hands. "Nice to meet you..." he said with a very soft voice. Then he turned to your commander "Will you please leave us a minute?" "Sure."
So you both were all alone inthe office. Le Creuset gave you an amused smile. "I learned that you were a good friend of Miguel... He missed everyone... but the team need a new member. First of all, you should know that I don't take the first one to come in my team. It's only the elite, the best. I heared very good comments about you.... And I learned that you had lost your family in the bloody valentine, too." You looked at him with surprised. He got informations about you, seems like he was very interested. "This can be a good opportunity for you to avenge them..." he continued. "The Earth Alliance forces are the ennemies. We are only trying to defend ourselves, got that? We are no murders or anything... the way the treat us is unfair. They must pay. I know you have this strengh inside you that calls up for fight. So I'm proposing to you to join my team..." He stopped and held his hand in front of you. With a descisive move, you took his and you shook hands again, like you just made a deal. "Perfect." He whispered. "Pack your stuff. We're going into our central ship, in space, on the Versasus. We're leaving in an hour."