Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Yuy Twins: Episode Zero ❯ Trowa Barton ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Here you go. I had quite a bit of trouble with this chapter here but I did my very best. Again there have been changes made and I hope everyone enjoys.
Disclaimer: I own nothing.
Trowa Barton
A.C. 190
He had no name…no past…he had been with the mercenaries for as long as he could remember.
A green eyed youth sat in the cockpit of a mobile suit calmly as he took out the force he was assigned to. The cockpit shook and electrical sparks began to fly; though oddly enough none of them injured him. Looking around the cockpit calmly; showing no emotion at the sparks of electricity coming from the cockpits system he spoke in a monotone.
“This is No-name here. I have been hit. There is too much damage and I cannot maneuver properly. I'm withdrawing.”
Not bothering to wait for the answer he knew was coming he calmly withdrew from the battle; leaving the others to finish up. Abandoning his mobile suit, the boy; known only as No-name; made his way silently through the forest, his gun out and ready.
He was calm and efficient; the mercenaries often thought him to be the perfect soldier as he never showed any remorse and nothing he did ever affected him. And that was true. Why should any of the things he saw or did affect him? In the end, he was alone and nameless. He had no doubt that if he became a burden to the mercs he would be left for dead or; more than likely; killed by their own hands. And for a reason he could not understand this truly didn't bother him at all.
A rustling in the forest drew his attention to his side as he lofted the gun with a practiced ease, his eyes calmly trained on the surrounding foliage.
“Show yourself.”
He didn't have to wait long before a young girl; obviously not used to the conditions around her came out of the forest in front of him. She was covered in dirt and cuts and looked winded and frightened. And No-name felt nothing for her.
“What are you doing here?”
The girl looked him in the eye and shuddered at their dead look.
“My n-name is Mid-Middie Une.”
0000000000
“Captain, why don't we just ditch the rebel army and join the Alliance; I heard that they pay well.”
“Yeah; fighting a losing battle is tiring.”
No-name said nothing as he worked; though he kept one ear on the conversation going on behind him.
“Fools! The rebels are what's keeping the fighting going. If they lose us to the Alliance then the war is over.”
No-name considered this and then shrugged. Fighting was all he knew so what should he care. As long as he had something to fight. Taking a quick glance at the girl; Middie; he had saved in the forest he turned his attention back to the mobile suit he was repairing as he spoke.
“I heard we need some kitchen help.”
The girl looked up from her pendant and watched him work silently for a moment.
“Why did you save me?”
No-name said nothing for a moment.
“Because we're the same.”
“Huh?”
No-name said nothing; caught up in a brief flash of what he thought may be his forgotten past. Explosions everywhere. A man and a woman along with a crying girl. And then screams. The next thing he remembered was meeting the mercenaries. He remembered the leader asking his name and being unable to give one. They had never truly cared to give him one themselves so he had remained No-name or Nananshi as some called him. They had taken him in and fighting was all he had known since.
“Here”
Pulling himself from his thoughts No-name looked up in confusion and took the cross from the girl's hands.
“What's this for?”
The girls smiled at him.
“You saved me now God will look out for you.”
“Hey No-name; we're leaving now.”
“Okay.”
Finishing up his work he left, hearing the final words of the girl as she too made her way down.
“I don't like you though.”
He said nothing; why did he need attachments anyway. On the ride out they passed a circus and both children looked out as they passed by. The leader commented on it but No-name paid him no mind as he watched a teenage girl yell at them as they passed by, an angry look on her face. He started slightly as he felt a spark run over his hand and distantly remembered answering the girls question as he rubbed his hands.
“That's impossible. I have been a soldier since the day I was born.”
He ignored her answer as he continued to run his slightly tingling hands, staring at them as he saw what looked to be a jolt of electricity run across the skin. Eyes widening only slightly he stuffed his hands in his pockets and turned his attention back to the window.
00000000000
“This ambush is perfect. The Alliance will never suspect this.”
No-name said nothing as he stared at the screens of his repaired mobile suit. Something was off. The battle began and all around them comrades began to fall.
“WHAT?! They knew we were coming. Impossible!”
No-name looked around himself before turning to the captains unit.
“Captain; let's withdraw; we are being overwhelmed.”
“You go; I'll continue.”
No-name hesitated slightly.
“Rodger”
No-name stopped his retreat as he saw some of the other mercenaries soot at the captain. Hearing the conversation he acted as he had been taught and fired upon the ones firing on the captain. He took them out with no remorse as he had been taught and continued to do so until all the ones who had opposed them were dead.
“Come on captain; we will withdraw together.”
“…Those were the men who made you who you are.”
“But they betrayed us. Was I wrong?”
The captain stared at the screen as he listened to the boy answer in astonishment. Was this what they had created?
“No you Idiot. They never would have done that.”
No-name looked back at the destruction he had caused.
“I do not regret it. All I did was what they taught me…destroy the enemy before they can destroy you.”
The captain stared at the image off the boy.
“You-You aren't human.”
Looking down at his hands and the sparks flying out and along them No-name nodded.
“Your right. I've been a soldier since the day I was born.”
000000000000
“Don't you feel at least a little bad? Look sad for once.”
No-name watched the girl apathetically; his eyes resting on her `handheld game' momentarily.
“I used up enough sad faces as a baby to last a lifetime.”
Middie watched him dispassionately for a moment.
“So you're just going to continue to shut your heart out…how long can you continue to wear that tearless mask?”
Watching her carefully he answered.
“Until I die.”
Just as he was turning he caught the girl's hands drawing nearer her game. He did nothing to stop her and only continued on his way. A number of hours later, a massive air raid on the rebel army began and chaos reigned within the small camp.
Soldiers ran back and forth; trying to escape the deadly hail of explosives while trying to get to their equipment in time. No-name observed this for a moment before running off, using every skill he had to dodge the flow of people and the occasional bomb. A slight shock brought his attention to his arms as he continued to run. His eyes widened slightly as he saw the waves of what he now guessed to be electricity wavering around him. Taking conscious control of the power for the first time, No-name thrust it out as best he could towards a nearby motorcycle and was understandably surprised; though it did not show; when the bike was pulled towards him.
Jumping on the bike without a second thought, No-name took off; grabbing Middie Une along the way.
000000000000000
Hours later as the pair stood amongst the dead, No-name finally confronted Middie. Kneeling down beside the body of his dead commander he observed her from the corner of his eye as he spoke.
“How much did they pay you to spy on us?”
Middie scowled at him as she clutched her `game' in her hand.
“Enough to feed my sick father and three brothers.”
He said nothing as he stood to face her; meeting her eyes with his own empty ones.
“So the game was a transmitter.”
Stepping back slightly Middie answered with surprising confidence.
“That's right.”
Reaching up; No-name ripped the cross from around his neck and tossed it at her feet.
“This was a transmitter to was it not?”
She said nothing as she watched him pull a gun from his coat.
“I envy you. You have nothing to hold you down. No past, no name…and no comrades now. And you're so empty as well. Not like me. I'm filled with things; my family, my job, my guilt!”
By the end she was yelling and still No-name never wavered.
“Is that all you have to say? You are better off than me…you have a place to go home to. Good bye Middie.”
With tears streaming down her cheeks Middie closed her eyes and No-name fired the gun twice. Feeling no pain Middie slowly opened her eyes and stared at the destroyed transmitter on the ground. Looking up she stared at the retreating back of the boy.
“No-name, wait.”
He never looked back as he answered her.
“You've got the wrong guy. I'm…a traveler looking for a place to call home.”
And so…he would eventually set off for outer space.
00000000000
Once a soldier always a soldier...soon he would become pilot 03.
A/N: I hope you enjoyed this short little look at Trowa Barton. I had a lot of trouble with this one as there wasn't much on him but I hope it explains what I wanted it to explain. Quatre is up next so please enjoy.