Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ One way ticket ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rating: PG, maybe future PG-13 (don't think so though)

Genres: Action/Adventure/Humour/Romance

Pairings: 1x2, 3x4, 5xS, 6x9

Author: Maaya shinigami_heart@hotmail.com

Disclaimer: I really hate to write disclaimers, don't you? Anyway, I Do Not Own anything related to Gundam Wing or the movie Con Air. I would write the names of whoever the owners are; only I knew them. Now when you know this; don't sue!

Summary: Duo Maxwell has to go undercover as a prisoner in preventer-business. His mission is to watch over a flight with dangerous prisoners. What happens when the prisoners manage to take the plane and Duo gets stuck in the middle of it?

Warnings: There are shounen ai pairings in this fic, and that means homosexuality! If you hate that, then leave.

^^^^^^

One way ticket - Part 5

^^^^^^

"I can't believe this!" Quatre sat in his and Trowa's temporary office, leaned over the letter that Sally had given him which lay on his desk. He'd taken his Preventer-jacket off and was only wearing a thin, white shirt underneath it and the collar was loosened. It was as sloppy as Quatre would get in public.

He had read the letter at least 15 times and tried all possible combinations of numbers, letters and so on, and he hadn't found anything. Absolutely nothing. He had even tried to re-write the note on his computer and used a special program that found different codes, only to find that it was for no use. It drove him crazy to say the least, and the worst thing was that there was a possibility of a false alarm with the whole thing.

"Quatre, I'm going home now, want to follow me now or do you want to stay here?" Trowa stood up and looked over at where Quatre was sitting. His blonde lover shook his head for a while, as if trying to rid his head from his thoughts before standing up himself. The blonde youth grabbed his jacket and put it on. "I'll go with you," he said.

Trowa shrugged and went outside, with Quatre following close behind. In the hallway, he literally ran into Wufei and they fell in different directions on the hard floor; Wufei on his butt, Trowa to the left and Quatre, who had bumped into Trowa, managed to trip in a try to keep standing and fell over Wufei in an ungraceful lump.

After a moment of struggling to get up, Wufei finally got rid of Quatre and seemed to be too dazed to get angry or even annoyed. All he could say was an un-understandable "Uuuh" which was very unusual for Wufei.

Trowa grabbed Quatre by his arm and dragged him down the corridor before Wufei could say more. It was best that way; after all, the only thing they wanted right now was a calm night at home without a ranting from Wufei still ringing in their ears.

Wufei stared after them, without really knowing what had happened.

^^^^^^^^

"Weeeeee are the champions, my friends……we'll keep on fighting to the end…" Duo sang quietly while watching the twins argue about something; they screamed at each other through the bars. X-boy watched him with an amused grin plastered on his lips. He seemed to be constantly happy since yesterday. Finally Duo couldn't take the smile anymore, for some reason it annoyed him more than the screams. "Watcha smiling about?" he asked.

"I'm going home."

"Eh?"

"Temporarily, I'll be moved out of Sanq because of some reason. I'm finally going home."

"That's good. When?"

"In.." X took a paper out of his pocket and scanned through it before answering. "..five days, from now."

Duo swallowed. That COULD mean that he should be on the plane that he was going on, which he really didn't want. It felt too risky in many ways. "Do ya have someplace to go?"

"Yup, my wife. She's living in California where I'm going once I'm outta here!"

Duo's mouth fell open. X-boy was definitely not someone he would think of as a married man. The thought was hilarious. When he finally could close his mouth again, he asked, "How is she?"

X-boy leaned back on his bed before answering, with a wistful tone in his voice. "She's the best woman in USA. A gambler-godess. I met her while playing poker and I saw her cheating."

"Oh" Duo decided not to ask any more questions.

A loud `bang' was heard as the locks to the cells opened automatically, as they always did every third day. It was time to go outside for an hour, something Duo really did not enjoy, mostly because there was a risk that he would meet more of `the' Prisoners. He knew that it was necessary to meet as many of them as possible, but he didn't have to like it.

If he counted the prisoners he had already met, he came to five, Bat, Beval, Bevol, Raidon; a bald guy with scary cold blue eyes. He was also very tall, around 2 metres. They had met each other a short moment during a change of cells. The last one he had met was Denley, a man with African origin. A calm, collected guy from what Duo had seen while talking a little on the prison-yard.

"Move your ugly butts out of here, now!

Duo snorted as a guard shouted down the corridor. You had to admit that prison guards got quite a colourful language from being together with ruthless convicts all days. Especially since they shouted different insults every day. He wondered how permanent prisoners could put up with it in years.

He stood up and walked together with the others down through the hallways to the yard. Once again it hit him how small he actually was and he snorted again, ignoring the strange looks he got from some people.

Finally outside, they spread out on the big lawn, the guards stood in an even line around it all. Duo had realized long ago that privacy was very unusual in prisons, not that he had expected it either. Sometimes it could be nice though.

Without any special goal, he walked around on the given space. Suddenly, something bumped into him, and due the size of whatever it was, he fell backwards on his ass. "Watch it!" he snapped before getting up again.

"Sorry, I didn't saw ya, babe. You're pretty short ya know!"

Those words made Duo frown. `Babe' and `short' were two words he did NOT like being called. He lifted his head and looked straight into the other persons eyes..before swallowing loudly.

The man in question was very tall and very muscular `I'm short? He's a giant!', but the main problem was that he recognized that darkly tanned face. After a quick search through his memory, he remembered the name; William Parker a.k.a `Will' 31 years and arrested for a bar fight that resulted in the death of eleven guys. He was also suspected for several of murders of ten-year old girls. Needless to say; he was one of the Prisoners.

Duo could not believe his bad luck.

"What's the matter with you, pretty?" The big man laughed, and Duo started to think that he had mistaken Will for someone else. No killer could be this carefree and annoying, could he? But then again, Duo himself was also a killer. He decided not to think anymore, his tounge talked on `auto-pilot' "You do know that your old enough to be my father, don't you?"

Will smirked. "Does that matter?"

Not quite the answer Duo wanted.

^^^^^^^^

"Is Duo okay?"

".."

"Hey, Wufei!"

".."

"Something wrong?"

Sally walked over to where Wufei stood and smacked him on his head. "It wouldn't hurt to listen to me once in a while, you know!"

Wufei seemed to recover to his usual self after Sally hit him. "Onna! Why did you do that for?"

Sally leaned down and kissed his forehead, which only managed to make him even more `annoyed'.

"You were staring into space and scowling. I thought I would save whoever inner demon you had from big, bad Wufei Chang!"

Wufei stared at her for a moment, and then snorted. "Don't be stupid, onna."

Sally sniffed. "I'm only stupid when I need to be, and with you being off in a dreamland it's the only way to wake you up!"

"That doesn't make sense."

"Oh?"

"Okay, I'll tell you already!" Wufei sighed. "A special department in FBI have heard about the moving of the prisoners. Apparently, they don't trust us doing it the right way, and are sending us a special agent who'll probably arrive tomorrow morning."

"What's his name?"

Wufei sniffed. "Smith. Agent Smith."

Sally stared for a while, before bursting out laughing. Wufei stared at her as if he thought she had gone crazy as she panted "..agent..Smith..phew..that's..oh god.." She fell down on the floor and laughed even harder.

"What is it now?"

Finally, Sally stopped laughing and stood up again. She grinned. "Agent Smith, huh? That's so..usual!" Wufei didn't seem to understand and she continued. "All agents in every damn movie are called `Agent Smith'. Haven't you seen The Matrix?' or something?"

"The Matrix?"

"Yeah, an old earth movie. Awesome if you ask me! Duo and I watched it some weeks ago."

`Blame it all on Duo' "Anyway, back to the subject. Agent Smith," Wufei looked suspiciously at Sally, as if daring her to laugh at a joke he didn't understand. "..don't trust Duo. He'll take another man with him who'll be an undercover too."

"Something tells me that it isn't good news."

"It's not!" Wufei's voice grew slightly louder. "Duo has been there for a month to get to know those Prisoners, and then a completely unknown man will appear and try pretending being a prisoner. Since we have no chance to tell Duo about this, it'll be a risk, and maybe dangerous for both of them!"

Sally didn't quite know what to do or say, so she decided to let the subject drop. "Wufei, let's go to a movie tonight, ne? We can see `The Matrix!'."

Snort. "Okay."

^^^^^^

TBC..

^^^^^^

Okay, Agent Smith is kinda lame..