Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ G Gundam Wing ❯ Gundam Fight Begins ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: The creations of G Gundam and Gundam Wing are property of Bandai. Beginning synopsis taken from G Gundam Technical Manual. I do not own them so please don't sue me.

Story also at:

Mediaminer.org

Fanfiction.net

GundamWatch.com (forums)

~Story and original characters created and written by NeoSaturn

Co written by BlizzardAngel~

Thoughts are in '' and/or Italics

~~*~~ means new setting

Synopsis: It is the Future Century 60, disputes between nations are settled not by war, but by organized tournaments between giant Mobile Fighters, called Gundams. The 13th Gundam Tournament is the most anticipated yet, with every colony eager to unveil its latest Fighter to the world. But something is amiss at this year's competition. Unidentified gundams appear and attack unsuspecting Gundam Fighters. Who are these gundams that have appeared suddenly? Only time will tell…

G Gundam Wing

Chapter One

Gundam Fight Begins

During dusk, over the broken city of Rome, rain clouds form above. Some believe that violent storms at sunset are a bad omen that something terrible will happen. A dark haired Japanese man, wearing a red headband and cape, entered a seedy bar as he walked past thieves, murderers, and rapists without even given them a second glance. He headed straight to the bar and took a seat on a barstool. The man tending the bar, who seemed in his sixties asked,

"What drink do you want?"

"Water." Was the reply of the cloaked man. The bartender raised a brow and repeated disbelievingly.

"Water?" The old man could not remember the last time anyone had asked for that drink. He laughed to himself as he poured ice water in a tall, clear glass. "This is on the house." The bartender said, placing the water in front of the cloaked individual. The Japanese man consumed some of the water then pulled a piece of paper out of his shirt pocket and presented it to the old man.

"Have you seen this man around?" The bartender looked to see an old picture of a young man with someone on his shoulders, although he could not see who because the rest of the picture was ripped off. The old man shook his head.

"No, we mostly get scum of the earth here. I would remember if I've seen him." The old man returned the picture with one question popping in his head. "So who is he?" An annoyed look appeared on the caped man's face and answered coldly.

"If you didn't see him then it doesn't matter." The bartender shrugged it off and replied lightly.

"That bad huh." And move down the bar to serve other patrons. The cloaked man sat quietly; staring at his half drank glass of water when two bulky thugs surrounded him.

"Hey! Who do you think you are coming into our bar and sitting at my barstool!" The crimson cloaked man stood up, making the two men jump back.

"I was just leaving." He turned around toward the exit. He took only one step, then half of the people in the bar stood up as if they were preparing for a fight. The man in red glanced around to see a number of angry faces staring at him with such bloodlust… except for one. All other people either ran for safety or were too drunk to care except this individual. He was neither. He stood at the back of the bar in a dark corner, watching the whole event unfold from the shadows. The Japanese man tried to make out the person's face, trying to see past the darkness when one of the thugs grabbed his shoulder.

"Where do you think your go-ohhhh!" Before the thug could even finish his sentence, the man in crimson punched him in his mouth with the back of his fist, knocking his front teeth in. The other thug standing next the cloaked man grabbed a bottle of whiskey and attempted to break it on caped man's head. The younger man in red grabbed the thug's right wrist and squeezed it until it broke. The thug screamed in agony, which triggered the rest of his associates to launch their assault.

With one arm, the man in crimson threw the thug at the incoming mob, causing them to fall down on the beer stained floor. As the group of thugs struggled to their feet, he started toward the exit but then as he neared the door, he got closer to the man in shadows. The light slowly revealed that he was, in fact, a boy. The caped man was surprised that a minor, maybe no more than fifteen years old, would be at a place like this. As the cloaked man neared the teenager, it is also revealed that the brown haired boy was of Asian decent. The man in red found it strange that an Asian would be in the middle Italy, at night.

The cloaked man and the youth locked eyes for a second and he saw that the boy's dark, blue eyes were icily detached of emotion; his face was expressionless. The cloaked man returned his eyes toward the exit. As he opened the door, he found more thugs outside. He started walking down the street when the mob that he put down earlier, appeared behind him.

"STOP HIM!"

Immediately the thugs outside surrounded the man in red. He stood in the middle of a circle made up of drunken bad guys and suddenly, a tall, thin man with long red hair walk through the wall of thugs, standing in front of the man in red and over looking his opponent.

"You messed with the wrong gang tonight, buddy." Then he pointed to himself. "I'm a gundam fighter and what I say goes around here." All said with extreme confidence. "You should have heard of me, as all know of me and my awe-inspiring power. My name is Michelo Chariot." The man in crimson tilted his head slightly.

"Well then I, Domon Kasshu, challenge you to a GUNDAM FIGHT MATCH!"

Michelo was surprised that this man was a gundam fighter. Michelo smirked to himself when he launched an attack with a fury of kicks. However, Domon had blocked them all with ease. It was then that Michelo realized that he was not going to win without his gundam.

"YOU GUYS, GET HIM!" He commanded to his men as he ran towards the abandon slums.

Domon was left fighting off ten thugs alone as they all charged at once. But Domon effortlessly took them out left and right and each thug was laid out in the middle of the street. Domon started to sprint towards the direction that Michelo went. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed that boy again. He was standing at the door of the bar now.

"Is he watching me?" Domon murmured to himself as he dashed toward the slums. Domon ran as fast as he could with his cape flowing behind him like a flag in the wind. He sprinted until he found an abandon lot surrounded by the rubble of destroyed buildings. He moved around the debris looking for Michelo Chariot; searching the destroyed structures when suddenly, one of them exploded. Domon turned to see an immense figure standing in the smoke. As the smoke cleared it revealed the Neros gundam; The pride of Neo Italy was a force to reckon with. Neros gundam was armed with a double sided ax and a circular shield with small red orbs bordering the edge.

Gundam Neros attacked, swinging the ax at Domon, but he was able to get out of the way in time.

"CORE LANDER!" Domon yelled, as the gundam targeted him with its 60mm vulcans. As Michelo fired, a blue streak came over Domon and he escaped the hail of bullets. Michelo look up to see Domon riding on top of an air car and yelled, "RISE SHINING GUNDAM!!!" Domon snapped his fingers and two hundred feet away, rubble from a demolished structure gave way to expose a flower bud-like space ship, opening like a flower touch by the morning sun. Inside rested a kneeling figure; the white mobile suit slowly rose as if it was waking from a long sleep.

Domon's core lander flew to the gundam's back and attached to become its backpack.

"Mobile trace system engage." The computer voice announced as the Japanese gundam fighter was being wrapped in latex type material. Domon, now tightly covered by this motion censored suit, readied himself for the fight. He quickly warmed up Shining gundam in a quick series of punches and kicks and settled into defiance.

"Let see how well you do when fighting on equal terms." Domon shot to Michelo.

"GUNDAM FIGHT SET! READY!! GO!!!" Yelled both opponents as their gundams launched at each other. Neros gundam swung his ax at Shining gundam, but the white mobile suit was more agile and swiftly avoided the attack. Neros was left open to an attack and Domon quickly took the opportunity by striking it in the face. Neros fell back a few steps while Michelo was astonished by with the mobile suit's speed and power.

"I never fought any fighter with so much strength! How is it possible?" He uttered as he scowled at Shining Gundam.

"It's possible because you're a second class Gundam fighter, who lied and cheated to get to the top!" Domon commented sharply. Michelo was enraged by his interjection and shouted back his aggravation.

"SHUT UP! Y-YOU COULDN'T WIPE MY ASS, LET ALONE BEAT ME!!" An infuriated Michelo hollered dumbly at the defiant mobile fighter. Neros initiated a fury of kicks and ax attacks on the white gundam, however, Shining was able to avoid the attacks as swiftly as before.

"This is a waste of my time." Domon uttered unimpressed by the fight that he was currently engaged in.

"WHY YOU SON OF… I'LL GET YOU!!" Screamed the raging Michelo. He put his gundam into full thrust, flying towards Shining Gundam mindlessly. Neros held its ax and aimed it for Domon's cockpit and swung the ax with great force. His attack was caught in mid strike by Shining's left hand. The force of Michelo's gundam pushed Shining back one-hundred feet, finally coming to a rest against a dilapidated building. Both gundams struggled in a pushing challenge as each gundam strained under the immense pressure.

"If this is the best you can do then you have already lost." Domon stated as Shining Gundam's left hand slowly twisted, breaking the ax in Neros' right hand. The car sized ax head fell to the ground, embedding itself vertically. Michelo jump back, firing his Vulcans at Domon but Shining Gundam initiated its appearance to change. The pilot inside began to chant words unknown to his opponent. "This hand of my glows with an awesome power. It burning grip tell me to DEFEAT YOU!" Domon declared as Shining's right hand emanated an emerald glow. Shining Gundam launched itself toward the Neros Gundam. "SHINING FINGER!" Domon yelled as Shining grabbed Neros' head.

"WHAT'S HAPPENING?" Cried Michelo as a rush of panic washed over his body.

"Tell me, have you seen this man?" Domon asked while the picture he had showed earlier to the bartender was displayed in Michelo's cockpit's screen.

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!" Michelo shrieked.

"Have you seen this MAN?" Domon voiced in a sharp tone as he squeezed Neros' head harder.

"NO!" He cried out in pain. "I NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE!" Michelo said in anguish.

"I didn't think you would…" Domon replied as he intended to crush Neros Gundam's head.

"HEY, NEO JAPAN'S GUNDAM FIGHTER!" One of the bulky men said as he stood on top of one of the five-story abandon buildings. Domon turned to see that it was the thugs that he beat earlier in the bar and they were holding the old bartender at gun point. "LET GO OUR BOSS OR THE OLD MAN GETS IT!" Demanded the pair as they brutally hit the old man over the head with butt of a gun. The old man fell over, unconscious. Domon let go of the now disfigured Neros Gundam. It fell to one knee as Michelo was trying to catch his breath. Domon step back from the gundam, powering down his shining finger as he faced the two low lives.

"We still owe you for humiliating us at the bar." The thug with the broken wrist replied as he unmercifully kicked the old man off the roof top. Domon put Shining into full thrust, quickly closing the gap between him and the falling man. Shining extended his hand, gently catching the man. The force that Shining Gundam used caused it to crash into the building the contemptible duo were standing on. The whole structure fell on the white gundam and crushed the thugs under the rubble and debris. Shining was coved in the remains of the building and Domon looked to see if the old man was okay. He heard a moan from the old man, as Domon looked to his uncovered right hand.

"HA! HA! HA! YOU FOOL! NOW BOTH OF YOU ARE GOING TO DIE!!!" Laughed a delighted Michelo. Neros pointed its shield at Shining Gundam as it started to glow an eerie pink. Domon could not move without killing the old man in his hands.

"Forgive me father, I failed you." Domon uttered dejectedly.

"PINK POWER PLATE FIRE!!!" Neros Gundam shield released a pink beam towards the debris covered Shining. The light was suddenly blinding as a beam of bright yellow light came from the sky, hitting the Neros Gundam's beam. The two beams fought each other, like two bucks fighting over a female. After a few seconds of the struggling beams, the amber ray over powered Michelo's beam causing his gundam's shield to explode. Following the clash of light, both Michelo and Domon looked to were that yellow beam originated. There flying in the air was a bird-like machine. It dove toward the gundam fighters at a high speed. As it neared the ground, the machine undertook a transformation as its head separated from its body. The bird-like head separated its beak to form a long rifle and the head formed as shield. It combined into a mobile suit.

This momentary distraction gave Domon time to place the injured man out of harms way. The new mobile suit landed between Shining and Neros Gundam and Shining gundam stood up from the ground and questioned the mysterious gundam.

"Who are you?" Ask the bewildered Domon as he looked at the mobile suit. No answer came from the winged gundam as it abruptly turned toward Michelo. There kneeling on one knee was Neros gundam; its left arm was completely destroyed when his shield over loaded and exploded. Inside the cockpit was Michelo howling in pain, grasping his left arm as if itself was torn from his body.

"Are you Michelo Chariot?" Said a detached, monotone voice.

"YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE! HOW DARE YOU INTERFERE IN MY MATCH!" Yelled the infuriate gundam fighter from Neo Italy.

"Are you the gundam fighter representing Neo Italy?" The monotone voice demanded.

"YEAH! YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER!" Yelled the irate Michelo.

"Mission Accepted." The monotone voice uttered. The winged mobile suit started to walk towards Neros gundam. Michelo was shocked by the insolence of the intruding gundam.

"TAKE THIS!" He screamed as he fired his "Silver Feet". The beams miss the interfering gundam and the winged gundam kept walking toward the mangled mobile suit. Michelo fired like mad trying to hit the mobile suit that was heading his way; each blast getting closer each time. The intervening gundam kept closing in on the terrified gundam pilot and Michelo stood up from his kneeling position. "Eat this!" Michelo remarked as he fired a volley of all four of Neros' "Silver Feet". Three of the four beams missed the meddling gundam, however, the forth beam hit the winged gundam's beam rifle, knocking it from its hand.

"HA! What are you going to do now punk?" Said the now confidant Michelo. "Without your Buster rifle, you're nothing!"

The winged gundam's step did not falter as it continued its march toward Neros gundam. Michelo stared in shock as the gundam continued to pursue him even though his main weapon was not in his possession. The cold, detached voice echoed through his cockpit.

"Neo Italy's Michelo Chariot," The unknown pilot's voice sent shivers down his spine. "I will kill you." His heart stopped for a second at his statement and a part of him wanted to run away from this man but he reminded himself of whom he was.

"I AM MICHELO CHARIOT! I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED BY YOU, YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE! HAAAA!" Michelo let out a barrage of beams from his legs and most encountered the red shield that the approaching gundam was holding. The beams bounced off of the shield and the white gundam grew closer. Suddenly, the red shield hinged forward and the handle to a beam saber popped up. The winged gundam grabbed the grey handle with its right hand and pulled it out and out emerged was an emerald light in shape of a blade. The gundam made a dash toward Neros gundam and Michelo frantically shot his silver beams from his legs. The beams hit the white gundam and were not doing a damn thing. Michelo's face contorted in fear as the winged gundam came upon him in seconds and thrusted his beamed in Neros gundam cockpit. The winged gundam looked over his shoulder as its dulled eyes flashed a bright emerald, bleeding into the wind. There stood Domon in his Shining gundam staring disbelieving at the scene. The one rule that every gundam fighter knew was never to purposely strike the cockpit, yet this mysterious gundam pilot did just that without a moments hesitation.

The winged gundam looked back to Neros gundam and withdrew the beam saber and took a step back, turning around to put back his saber in his shield. Behind him, Neros dropped to its knees and exploded. The explosion causing the ground to rumble and the abandoned buildings to shake and debris scattered about.

Domon could not believe what he saw. Though he didn't like the other fighter, it wasn't right for him to be defeat in such a way.

"How could you do that!? That is against the gundam fight regulations to deliberately target an opponent's cockpit! Who are you?" The winged gundam stood there for a moment just staring at the white gundam. Domon was obviously shocked at the cold blooded way of the assassination of Michelo Chariot. The winged gundam walked over to pick up his long rifle. He didn't respond to Domon's questions.

Inside of the winged gundam's cockpit, an alert signal for a sudden incoming message sounded and a pair of cobalt eyes glanced to the right of the screens and appeared there was a written text message with orders for him to return to base. He nodded his head with the only words coming from his mouth, telling Domon the only reason why he was there.

"Mission Completed." The winged gundam jumped into the air and transformed into its previous form and took off in its bird-mode, leaving a confused gundam fighter with unanswered questions. At first, he was in search for only one answer but now with the turn events, his one answer grew into many.

~~*~~