Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ G Gundam Wing ❯ Suspicions and Altercations ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: The creations of G Gundam and Gundam Wing are property of Bandai. Beginning synopsis taken from G Gundam Technical Manual. I do not own them so please don't sue me.

~Story and original characters created and written by NeoSaturn

Co written by BlizzardAngel~

Story at:

Mediaminer.org

Fanfiction.net

GundamWatch.com (forums)

Thoughts are in '' and/or Italics

~~*~~ means new setting

Synopsis: It is the Future Century 60, disputes between nations are settled not by war, but by organized tournaments between giant Mobile Fighters, called Gundams. The 13th Gundam Tournament is the most anticipated yet, with every colony eager to unveil its latest Fighter to the world. But something is amiss at this year's competition. Unidentified gundams appear and attack unsuspecting Gundam Fighters. Who are these gundams that have appeared suddenly? Only time will tell…

G Gundam Wing

Chapter Two

Suspicions and Altercations

They say that if it rains after a battle, that battle was a bloody one. Yet, others believe the rain are tears of angels crying for how much man can hate his brother so. In any case, the rain can only do so much. It can wash away the stains of blood off the battle field; however, it cannot wash away the stains on man's soul.

Domon stood motionlessly as he gaze at what remained of his opponent's gundam. There was nothing left of the mobile fighter that could be recognize as ever being part of a gundam.

'How can someone do that to another?' Domon thought to himself.

Just then, a bright light caught his eyes, from out of nowhere, three helicopters were above him. Each helicopter dropped four armed soldiers, all soldiers pointing a machine gun at Domon. The Shining Gundam's pilot glanced at the soldiers to see which one to take out first. Suddenly, a piercing voice boomed out of one of the helicopter's loud speaker.

"To Neo-Japan Gundam fighter, Domon Kasshu. This is the police. Please come with us for questioning." Domon stood quietly looking into the eyes of the armed men; His stare pieced the very core of each man, causing them to become very nervous.

Domon stood there in silence for what seemed like forever. He raised his arms in the air, to signify his non-aggression and two of the men handcuffed Domon and placed him into a helicopter.

As the helicopter took off, Domon could see the men starting to secure the area. The helicopter rose higher in the air, giving Domon a better look at aftermath from before.

'That could have been me...' He thought dejectedly.

"Where are you people taking me to?" Said Domon, with great annoyance.

"Police HQ." Said the helicopter pilot.

~~*~~

Emerging from the dark clouds to the light of day, the bird like machine gleamed like a new car. By looking at it one would not guess that a few hours ago, it was involved in a gundam fight, where it destroyed another's life.

"Secure channel open, A.T.A thirty-two minutes and thirty-six seconds," said a monotone voice. "Heero Yuy reporting."

~~*~~

As the soaring gundam was in route to its base, a fighter squad from an Italian base was close behind.

"Sally, I think were in a wild goose chase." Said one of the fighter pilots, who sighed in frustration but continued his look out.

"Look Andy, Italian Intel said that the unidentified gundam could be in the area, so keep in eye out! They also believe it may not be detectable by radar." Said the squadron leader.

~~*~~

Now passing over Mediterranean Sea, Heero continued his report.

"Heero, what is the condition of Wing Gundam?" Said an old, raspy voice.

"Slight damage to right shoulder armor from target, two charges left in beam rifle, and main sensors is out due to an overloaded relay, Doctor J." Heero replied.

"I guess that is why you could not pick up that group of fighters in your area." Said the old man.

Heero looked around to see where those fighters were, he noticed them four miles away, about a thousand feet below his position and coming towards him from behind.

"F/A -22 raptors, six of them, red and blue coloring." Heero observed.

"It must be the mercenary squadron, Flying Ligers. I heard that they're here in Italy… The Italian government must have hired them to look for you. So eliminate them, Heero." Doctor J ordered.

"Mission accepted."

The bird like gundam banked to the left, causing sharp contrails to come from the wing tips, changing it direction for a direct intercept course for the unaware mercenary pilots.

~~*~~

"I think we could call this one a bust." Andy concluded after searching the skies for several hours.

"Maybe you're right. Ten more minutes and we will head back." Sally replied.

"So Sally, how much longer are we going to work for the pasta-heads?" Said Mikhail of Liger-three.

"We have three more weeks till our contract is up." She informed her fellow comrade.

"Well, it wasn't that bad, mostly escorts, free fuel, free armaments, and the chow wasn't bad either." Andy said as he tip Liger-two left to right.

"All you think about is food Andy, but your right, it could be worse, we could be in England again." Kou reminded everyone as he moved his Liger-four to the left of Andy. Everyone laughed out at the reminder, remembering the times they had there.

"I don't know, that spotted dick wasn't half bad." Andy seriously thought about the one English dish that he had eaten there, which was kind of tasty.

"I could dip a bike tire in chocolate and call it a donut and you would say it is not bad." Bob retorted of Liger-six. Everyone chuckled at Andy.

"Ha-ha-ha. Laugh it all up, just wait when-" Andy suddenly stopped as he spotted something. Before he could say anything, his fellow pilot said what exactly came to his mind.

"Uhhh… What is that at ten o'clock?" Keith of Liger-five questioned suspiciously.

Sally looked to see a bird-like fighter on a B-line for the six Ligers.

"Look sharp Ligers, we have a live one here!" Sally readied herself and the others took proper preparations for the upcoming engagement.

"I guess we have to earn are pay today people." Mikhail grumbled.

"And I was looking forward to that nap." Grunted Kou.

"Well, at least will have some fun." Keith interjected.

"People, don't underestimate this guy. Remember, he did take out a Gundam fighter, so stay frosty." Andy warned as he watched the gundam enclose on their position.

"We're the Flying Ligers! Six of us and one of him. We're not even going break a sweat." Bob replied cockily.

"Ligers, three and four break left, Ligers five and six break right. Andy, follow my lead." Commanded Sally as they all broke off, ready to attack the flying gundam.

"YES, ma'am!" Andy exclaimed excitedly and Sally blushed slightly when she heard Andy's enthusiasm.

"Before I forget, remind me to ask you something important after the mission…" Andy turned his head to look at the fighter plane that was by his side. He stared at Sally as she nodded her head and asked.

"What is it?" Sally queried as she continued looked over to her wingman.

"Later," He said softly, then with added enthusiasm, he exclaimed, "Let's get this guy outta the way first!"

"Agreed." Replied Sally. Both fighters went into high gear, and headed straight towards Wing Gundam.

"I think he wants to play chicken, Sally." The adrenaline was starting to pump through their veins and Andy was ready for a fight.

"I think we should oblige." Sally replied. Both Liger one and two went into a tight formation as they increase speed toward the white gundam. As they neared each other, both the gundam and the fighters did not waver.

"Sally… I think this guy is serious." Andy said, a little concerned.

"I'm not backing down!" Sally retorted with venom in her voice.

Liger-two started to falter, however, Liger-one seem to increase in speed just from the will of the pilot.

"I never back down from a battle!" Sally gritted her teeth while her blue eyes were trained on her enemy. With Liger-two out of this contest of wills, it became a one on one battle of determination. As both Wing Gundam and the custom Raptor drew nearer to each other, time seem to slow down to make a few seconds seem like an eternity. Sally could see the white bird-like craft closing in without any hesitation.

'This guy is for real... I guess we can call this one a draw.' Sally thought to herself.

"SALLY, NOOOOOO!!!!" Hearing Andy's voice caused her to bank Liger-one hard right, missing the gundam by mere inches. "HOLY SHIT!! DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT SALLY! …I-I thought were going kill yourself right then and there." His voice suddenly dropped as a moment of realization occurred of what and who he could have lost.

"Kou, Keith, ready to intercept bogey. Liger-six, climb fifteen-hundred feet and hold position. Mikhail, Andy, stay close… this will be interesting…" Sally commanded sternly to the rest of the Flying Ligers.

The unit moved like pack of wolves, each one positioning for a kill; waiting for the signal from the alpha wolf to pounce their prey.

"Pilot of unidentified gundam, this is Sally Po, leader of the Flying Ligers. You are surrounded and outnumbered, surrender now and follow us to airbase Cartia or we will be forced to shoot you down." Sally demanded.

Heero glanced at his view screen to see squadron position for the attack.

"I will kill you all." Heero threatened in a low and monotone voice.

Sally was in awe by that statement, she never heard someone say such a sentence with no emotion, no life.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?" Said Kou furiously. "We're the Flying Ligers and we're undefeated!"

"Maybe we should show him what Ligers do to weak animals, Right Kou!"

"Right Keith!" Liger-four and Liger-five increased velocity and positioned themselves behind the bird-like fighter.

"Liger-four, Fox-two." The F-22 fired off a heat seeking missile at the flying gundam.

"Liger-five, Fox-two." Keith followed with one of his own. The missiles locked on to Wing's heat signature and the said gundam went into a steep dive, as the missile pursued with rising speed.

"I DID NOT TELL YOU TO FIRE, DAMN IT!" Sally yelled, frustrated at the disobedience of the two pilots.

"Hey, he's trying to out run the sidewanders?" Andy's eyes never left the battle.

"That dive is to steep, he'll never recover!" Bob exclaimed as Wing gundam continued to nose-dive. The gundam was dangerously approaching the water as the missiles inched nearer to their target.

Heero quickly pulled back on both controls and Wing gundam's nose started to rise but the momentum of the dive was still pushing him toward the sea.

"He'll never recover, and if he did, those missiles will get the bastard." Kou spat out.

Wing was within feet of both the missiles and the water when the blue eyed pilot suddenly pushed forward on the controls causing an immense burst of propellant to fire out of its vernie's. The Wing gundam took off like a rocket, riding along the sea, and mere inches from the water. The resulting rush caused the sea below to swell up, catching the missile in mid-flight.

"I can't believe it! That's impossible!" Mikhail was astounded at the sight.

"He's not getting away that easily!" Kou maneuvered Liger- four to draw closer to Wing.

"I got your back buddy." Said Keith as Wing was soaring only feet above the sea. Both fighters were to close to fire their missiles.

"Keith, switch to guns." Both Ligers fired their twenty millimeter vulcans; most of the rounds splash in the sea below and what did hit Wing did not even leave a scratch.

"What is that thing made of!?" Keith growled out as the bird-like fighter quickly gained altitude with the two fighters close behind.

"BACK OFF YOU TWO! YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO GET HIM THAT WAY!" Yelled a very furious Sally.

"Just a little closer and we'll have him." Said Kou with Wing in his sights. As Liger-four was about to fire, Wing transformed, almost stopping in mid-air causing Liger-four and five to zip past the mobile suit like bats out of hell.

"What the fu..?" Before they could finish their sentence, Heero took aim at the two fighters, and fired a colossal amber beam of energy; it enveloped both fighters in less than a second, leaving nothing more than charred dust.

"KOU! KIETH...THAT BASTURD WILL PAY FOR THIS!!" Mikhail's voice boom angrily as he watched his fellow teammates die before his very eyes.

"Everyone lock on and fire! Liger-one Fox-two!"

All of the fighters launch sidewinders at the mobile suit and the four inbound missiles homed in on the gundam.

"You can't out run them all gundam!" Bob growled out. Wing Gundam hovered in mid-air as the missiles homed in. The gundam's display lit up like a Christmas tree and Heero quickly lock on to the missiles in-flight. In range, Heero fired Wing's head vulcans, with a right to left motion, the gundam destroyed each sidewinder.

"THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE…he intercepted each one!" Mikhail eyes grew unbelievingly.

"He has an Anti-Missile System. We're going to have to get closer if we want to destroy that thing." Andy pushed the throttle forward.

"Liger-three and six, pincer attack! We'll distract him." Commanded Sally.

Mikhail and Bob climbed high to prepare, as both Sally and Andy got into a tight two-man formation.

"Sally, can we pull it off with only two fighters?" Ask Andy unassurdily.

"Just take your position, I will handle the rest." Sally replied as Liger-two moved into forward position.

As Liger-two grew nearer to the gundam, the jet started to sway side to side, gaining the gundam's, much wanted, attention. While from behind, Sally was ready to launch a missile towards the menacing mobile suit. Bob and Mikhail rounded to the back of the gundam and closed in, everyone moving fast as Andy shot sparsely at the torso.

"Sally, get ready!" Liger-two warned.

"Ready when you are, Andy." Sally was ready and no matter what, this gundam was going down!

"Banking NOW!" Liger-two pulled a hard right and heard Sally fire her missile. She watched as the head of the gundam turned to target Liger-two and its vulcans fired.

Andy gasped as he noticed he was getting fired upon as the gundam continued to shoot until a bullet damaging his left wing.

"Shit! I'm hit!"

Sally gritted her teeth in anger as she heard the cry of Andy but also cursed silently as the missile she fired was blocked by the gundam's red shield.

'Now is the time!'

"Mikhail! Bob! NOW!"

The two pilots complied as they fired their missiles and watched as it had a direct impact from behind. The missiles exploded and a cloud of debris formed over the target and Bob yelled excitedly!

"We did it! Yeesss, you motherfucker went down!" Bob closed in on the smokey blob in the air and noticed something that made his heart stop. Green eyes flashed brightly and there was a sudden myriad of bullets coming from the dust cloud, aiming directly for Liger-six.

"OH GOD! NO-" The jet suddenly looked like Swiss cheese floating in the air. Mikhail, still thinking that there was time, yelled out in a panicky voice to his friend.

"EJECT! BOB! EJ-" Before he could finish his plea, the plane exploded and the gundam was still hovering in the same place without any visible damage.

"Damn it! You fucking Gundam! You're gonna PAY!"

In a blinding act of rage, Liger-three went at him at full speed, unloading its machine guns.

"ARGH! Take this!"

The F-22 continued to fly but Wing gundam's shield swiped at the jet, ripping off one of the vertical tails of the Liger- three.

"Mikhail eject!" Sally said worriedly.

"No, I can recover."

"Then I want you and Andy to head back." Sally glared at the mobile suit that already has taken three of her teammates…her friends.

"And what the hell are you going to do to it! You have to come back too! Sally!" Andy yelled angrily noticing that the Liger-one was still hanging around the vicinity of the enemy.

"I'm going to arm all the missiles and ram the jet into the gundam." The hard voice of a woman in concentration floated through the communications link and Andy froze in horror before yelling.

"That is not going to work!"

"You have your orders, Liger-two. GO!"

Sally closed in on the gundam and a barrage of bullets started coming her way. She excelled in dodging them and rolled several times in the air. She noticed that the gundam brought up its beam cannon and tried to aim for her but she wasn't going to let him lock on to her.

"I don't think so buddy."

Before she could start to activate the missiles, several shots from Wing's machine cannons hit her hard, right behind the cockpit. The engine failure warning lights started beeping like mad as she began to lose speed.

"No! I will not lose!"

Heero took this chance to adjust the buster rifle for a direct hit on the fighter jet but as he was about to pull the trigger, fire from above rained down upon him and he looked up to see that there was the one jet, damaged at the wing, coming at him as fast at the jet could go.

"SALLY!"

Sally looked up and noticed what was happening.

'No'

"ANDY! STOP! HE'S GOING TO-"

Wing quickly adjusted his aim for the new threat and fired his rifle, the gun lighting up and the amber beam quickly leaving the gun, directed for impact on its intended target.

"Sally, please take care of Lily."

And the jet was gone. Sally did not realize that tears were streaming down her face as the explosion and debris of the Liger-two began to fall towards the water.

"Andy…" Sally armed the missiles as she was closing in fast. She ejected herself out of the plane before it hit the gundam directly in the chest. Explosions enveloped the gundam and fiery debris descended seconds afterward. The gundam fell upon collision and dropped, plummeting fast out of the sky as Sally watched from the parachute as it crashed into the water.

Up in the sky, a heart wrenching scream erupted from her throat.

"ANNNDDDYYYYY!!!"

~~*~~