Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Memiors of an Amiercan Gundam Pilot ❯ A Good Old Game of HORSE ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I don't own anything in here, except my own character. Everything and everyone else is owned by their respected owners.

To see the whole entire fanfiction series, visit www.gundamwing-gofightwin.web1000.com. (Note that this fanfic series won't be on the page, but all of the rest of the fanfics will be there, from the original Gundam Wing - Go, Fight, Win to the recently written Preventer's Core. Plus, you'll find side stories, songfics, and a bio of all the characters.)

Chapter Six: A Good Old Game of H-O-R-S-E

The Gundam pilots looked at us confused. Duo added, "What in the heck is H-O-R-S-E?"

"It's a game where we do a move and you have to copy it. If you fail to copy the move, or we fail in the same way, we gain a letter. The first team to H-O-R-S-E loses," Trel said with a smug on her face.

"So, where the moves going to be done at?" Trowa asked.

"They will be done at the lake," Savanna said as she crossed her arms. "We choose a person to represent us each round, and there are five rounds. We will be doing the moves and there are different water sports to do the tricks on."

"I thought the only water sport was swimming," Heero said, trying to stay cool.

"You would be surprised," Amy said.

"You have one hour to prepare," I said. "When you're ready, we'll meet you at the dock."

I started to walk over to the dock, and the rest of my team followed.

"Hey, what are the sports?" Quatre asked.

Jason ran up to the group, threw them a piece of paper, and ran back to prepare. The group opened up the list, and it showed all the events. It listed: Knee Boarding, Wave Boarding, Bare Foot Skiing, Trick Ski, and Ski Jumping.

So, after an hour, give or take a few minutes, these were the decided match-ups:

-Relena and Matthew, Bare Foot Skiing

-Trel and Duo, Knee Boarding

-Amy and Heero, Trick Ski

-Savanna and Trowa, Ski Jumping

-Jason and Wufei, Wave Boarding

They also decided for Quatre to be the sub-in if any injury occurred on their team. I was already up and stretching, while Amy made sure we catch every single moment on tape. Savanna hooked up the ski rope, and Jason was driver in his Black Master craft; he checked the engine, but didn't find any problems - we were good to go. Trel also installed video cameras on Amy's Jet Ski and on Jason's boat. Then, the Gundam pilot group walked up on us quietly, but they stopped and looked up at us, except for me, I was still stretching.

"So are you ready? We have about 20 minutes left," Amy said, looking for a camera moment now from them. All of them nodded, except for Duo. He had to do something to fire the team up, although I thought it wouldn't work.

He ran up to the camera and yelled, "Bring it on! I'll take all of you on!"

"Right," Savanna said in her Dr. Evil voice while she tightened the rope.

Whatever," I said in my aggressive voice.

"Whatever floats your boat," Jason said as he tested the engine.

"Oh, we'll bring it. The question is: will you bring it?" Trel said, crossing her arms again.

"Let's do this!" Duo yelled into the camera again.

"Fine; but I would test your equipment if I were you," Savanna said as she pointed to their shed with all their equipment in it.

"Let's test our gear," I said to my team.

After a few checks, checks, and more checks, we were good to go.

"Let's light this candle!" Jason said, revving the engine to a high peak.

We stood there checking last minute things while Jason warmed the engine up. The original Gundam pilots, looks like, brought their C game along with their gear; they set it on the dock. Amy was also doing last minute checks with her laptop making sure all cameras were rolling.

"So, who's the first victim?" I said, putting on my gloves.

"For what? Trick Skiing? Knee Boarding?" Duo kept asking.

"Bare Foot Skiing," I said, looking at the list. I picked up my walkie-talkie and called up Jason and Savanna to bring me up, but then someone had to interrupt me, and it was Relena.

"I am," she said, walking up to me.

'Damn, this is going to be easy - real easy - too easy - really too easy,' I thought with confidence.

Round One: Matthew VS. Relena in Bare Foot Skiing

"Alright," I said as I called up Jason and Savanna again.

"We're ready at the pick-up point. How long until you get there?" I asked over the radio.

A small cracking could be heard, and then Jason came up. "We are good to go. Reaching rendezvous point in 10 minutes, over" he said.

"Alright, I'm standing in position," I said calmly walking towards the edge.

"Rodger that," the voice replied.

I threw my radio to Amy and she hooked it on the charger. Then I had to explain to Relena the details of the game: what's she has to do, the one lap around the lake thing, and above all else, if she failed, they get a H.

I kept on waiting for them to pick me up. While I waited, I went through everything that I would do in my head, mostly everything she can't do. Then I saw Savanna fly past me and throw me the rope that I would hang on to. I jumped into the water as the boat passed. Then the boat took off, and I took off too. And damn, it was an adrenaline rush: I was pulling off moves left and right. My team called it break dancing; I called it "Moves You'll Probably See Tony Hawk Do." Then I went off like crazy, getting one foot off, spinning a 900 and a 1080 in the water, and other things.

Now, I was about to reach the finish line, and I was stated to hit the ski jump. Now, to hit the ski jump barefooted is some crazy ass shit. I wouldn't do any tricks at the end of the jump, but just run on, let go of the rope, and dive into the warm water. And I did just that.

After that, I swam back to shore, got me a towel to wipe myself off, and watch Relena do her run; my team gave me a standing ovation. And damn, she didn't last long. On her first trick attempt, she slipped and hit the water hard, and I mean hard, like hitting the pavement. She had the swim of shame to go through, and now the original G-team had a H.

Round Two: Duo VS. Trel in Knee Boarding

After wiping off a clean victory, I was slated to sit shotgun with Jason. We again did the last minute checks.

"Boat?" Amy asked.

"Clear," I responded.

Soon enough, we were off, and I watched her have a good run. She kept going through the grinding pipes, doing tricks similar, but different, to mine. Then we headed for the ski jump. She took it, and did a 540 flip with a perfect landing. I clapped as I saw her 'Top that Duo' smug.

Then I saw Duo's run. He did well too, but then he also hit the deck, but harder. Now, they had H-O. 'One they hit H-O-R, its over. Complete sweep,' I thought.

Round Three: Heero VS. Amy in Trick Skiing

Currently, I was slated to hit the boat and drive it for this run.

I drove over to pick up Amy in my boat, and she started her run. She did some ballet moves, and moves as seen in YMCA and Dance Fever. I couldn't see, since I was focused on driving. I heard she did some crazy moves, like spinning around on foot; I thought with her skill, she could handle it. As she passed by the dock, she gave a bow and was raising the roof. I pulled the boat over to let Heero go. He did everything good, but had a difficult time balancing, and he didn't do the ballet moves, so he lost, and now the team had a deficit of H-O-R. My prediction had come true.

Round Four: Trowa VS. Trel in Ski Jumping

I was slated to drive again. Amy handed me the 2-way; Trel wanted to talk to me.

"Talk to me," I said over the 2-way.

"Try to stay 60-80 mph when I reach the jump. Make sure you stay to the right at all times and stay ahead of me when I jump," she said.

"Got that," I responded.

I pulled out, and we were off. I did everything she did, and took the jump very well, and had a good hang time. She did a 540 side front flip, and landed perfectly. I pulled to the side, and I caught my breath as Trel did the same.

"That…was so…sweet!" she shouted as she gave hugs for all.

Still, the original G-team had no luck. Trowa also had good hang time, but wiped out, and skis flew in pieces in all directions, giving them the H-O-R-S.

Round Five: Wufei VS. Jason in Wave Boarding (Game Point)

This was it. If Jason wins this, we will have swept all events H-O-R-S-E to nothing. I felt like bring out my broom for good measure.

This is also my third time in a row piloting Jason's boat. I didn't mind, but fatigue didn't come into play, since I went first in the competition.

"Operation Big Air Dare or Kick Wufei's Ass is a go!" he yelled as he was strapped up for a win. Now, since the original G-team was losing, they needed something, anything. Wufei decided to kick Jason's ass before he did. As Jason took off, Wufei ran to the water, trying to catch Jason. And he fell. This was one for the highlight reel.

He was running well, and I thought with this run, Wufei had nothing, and the sweep would be complete. But Jason had to scare the shit out of all of us when he decided to finish it all.

"Jason, don't you dare!" we all yelled to him.

He didn't pay attention, but like a Hail Mary, sometimes you make it. He amazingly did a front flip - just a 360 - and didn't wipe. As he came back to shore, we all congratulated him for the closing run to finish it off.

Wufei was now up. It was clutch time and if they had anything left in them, this was a must-win. If they lost, they will have been swept, and the information they desperately wanted would be swept away from them. And they didn't have anything left - they were out of gas. Wufei tried to do a karate move, but didn't since there were straps on him. He landed on his back with a large smack.

It was officially over: we could pull out the brooms now. We all celebrated, and then we went up to them and shook their hands.

"Good game," "Nice game," we all said to them. They all responded in the same way, despite their asses getting wipped.

After cleaning everything up, we headed back up to the house to eat a victory meal. I also wanted to help out in creating a custom highlight reel of today's tournament. We unloaded he cars, took a shower, and headed for the dining room, where we saw Dr. J waiting for us.

"I see you had a good time at the lake," he said.

"Yes," we all said.

"Well, your vacation has to be cut short just a bit: you have a mission," he told us.

"A mission?" Savanna asked off.

"Cool! Our first mission!" Amy squealed.

"Our first step towards freedom," I said with confidence.

"Our first piece of Osama bin Laden," Trel said, rubbing her hands together.

"My virus should come in handy," Jason said, laughing like a madman.

"Your mission is an infiltrate and destroy mission. Your mission is to infiltrate the enemy's base, steal the information, and destroy the base," he explained. He went on and briefed us some more: on infiltration method and the location of bin Laden's Gundam.

"And that's about it. And oh, and here's your mission clothing," he said as he threw packages to us.

I opened the package to reveal my black stealth suit, black leather gloves, and my black combat boots.

We all went upstairs to change, and we all came back down with a cool and smug look on our faces. He handed us all our weapons, which we took happily.

"Good luck and god speed," he told all of us.

We all headed for the garage, and headed off to the base where our Gundams where stored.

Before the mission started, I decided to test out my guns, giving off a few practice rounds. The Desert Eagles handled perfectly, even when I welded two of them, and the recoil didn't bother me. My Uzis worked too.

I took off in Neo-Bird Mode with Shining Bird Wing; I looked over the intel while flying to my destination.

We were all one when we left, but no one knew if we would come back as a team of life or death.