Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Memiors of an Amiercan Gundam Pilot ❯ Going to Salem ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I don't own anything in here, except my own character. Everything and everyone else is owned by their respected owners.

To see the whole entire fanfiction series, visit www.gundamwing-gofightwin.web1000.com. (Note that this fanfic series won't be on the page, but all of the rest of the fanfics will be there, from the original Gundam Wing - Go, Fight, Win to the recently written Preventer's Core. Plus, you'll find side stories, songfics, and a bio of all the characters.)

Chapter Twenty-one: Going to Salem

We were lead to a briefing room, which was not lit very well. We all took a seat and waited for the mission orders, hoping to get this done and get out of here. Dr. J was at the front head of the table with the other doctors behind him.

"Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to infiltrate this hidden base and retrieve as much information as possible," Dr. J told us. A picture of the base appeared behind the doctors.

"There are no mobile suits or dolls in the hangers, so it will mostly be guarded by ground infantry and the locals have no clue about the base," Professor G stated as more pictures of the base went by.

"We'll leave so that we can plan," Dr. J said as they all left.

I walked to the screen with the pictures, and I looked at every single detail of each picture.

"So," Jason started, "how should we handle this situation: we go in and hack from the inside or take it out from the outside? Let me remind you of the upcoming events, which we already know: Relena is going to get kidnapped, the Gundams are one a one-way flight to the sun, and Wufei has gone nuts since Treize's death and has headed to the dark side."

"You forgot three things Jas," Savanna said, leaning back in her chair.

"One," Amy started to count, "Bin-Head and his crazy sidekick is here; two, they have Gundams."

"And three, where here," Trel stated.

"Jason, come over here and tell me what you think of the intel," I told him, still looking at the pictures. He walked up to me and joined me.

"It seems they have gun emplacements mainly on the ground and around the perimeter," he said, then paused as he looked at the photos of the soldiers. "The best way to go is through the air. I say two or three of us could infiltrate the base, get the required intel, and still get out undetected. The only problem is that we would have to a HALO insertion instead of a regular drop."

"Why is that?" Amy asked.

"Because they have radar emplacements; we try to insert regularly through the air, they'll shoot us down quick," Jason said.

"So what's a HALO insertion?" Savanna asked.

I decided to answer. "A HALO, or High Altitude Low Opening, insertion is when we parachute a high altitude, around 35,000 ft, to avoid enemy radar by blending in with commercial traffic, and then we open our parachutes around 2,000 to 3,500 ft to avoid area infantry. It's very dangerous, but it's the only way."

"That doesn't sound that bad," Jason and Trel said.

"So it's decided: two of us will go in by air and the rest stay as decoys," I continued. "I'll be one of the two going in. Anyone else want to come with me?"

Amy rose her hand up. "I'll go!" she said happily.

"OK then, that leaves Trel, Savanna, and me to do the outside work," Jason said, rubbing his hands together. "And I have the perfect time to do it."

"When?" we all asked.

"All Hallows Eve," he said creepily.

"Say what?" Savanna asked.

"Halloween," he said plainly pulling up a recon map of the base. "You see, this hidden base is near the town of Salem, Mass., and you know what that means: everyone's freaked out during this time. So my plan is to dress up as the Halloween Legends known around there. If we play our cards right, you two can slip in unharmed."

"So we're infiltrating a base, on one of the spookiest days of the year near the spookiest towns in America, to hack a base?" Amy asked.

"That's about right," Jason said.

So they went to their planning on what they were going to wear, and I took Amy to another room to talk our plans.

Tomorrow, we would head to Salem.