Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Memiors of an Amiercan Gundam Pilot ❯ Operation ( Chapter 36 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I don't own anything in here, except my own character. Everything and everyone else is owned by their respected owners.

To see the whole entire fanfiction series, visit www.gundamwing-gofightwin.web1000.com. (Note that this fanfic series won't be on the page, but all of the rest of the fanfics will be there, from the original Gundam Wing - Go, Fight, Win to the recently written Preventer's Core. Plus, you'll find side stories, songfics, and a bio of all the characters.)

Chapter Thirty-five: Operation

The five other Gundams found mine kneeled down and the cockpit opened. It was a frozen lake in the middle of the forest with enough clearing to land all six of our Gundams. My teammates jumped out from their cockpits and came to assist me. Trel had her med kit, Nikita had her herbs ready, and all of them still had their helmets on. Light to medium-heavy snow was falling, and it was around 32 - 38 degrees. Mariemaia was wrapped around my jacket, and she was in critical condition.

Trel found me with my jacket off, with my lips blue and a bit pale. I didn't want to show any kind of discomfort, so I tried to get my "perfect soldier" composure on. But before I could say anything to her, she said, "Matthew, for god sakes, get a jacket on before you freeze your ass off!" as she ran to help Nikita with the operation.

I decided to get my other jacket on, and then I checked up on everyone, and then when everyone was OK, I decided to sit down since I haven't sat down for about 36 hours. Then I felt a hand touch my shoulder, and I knew it was Relena. She stood next to me, and I handed her some tea.

We stood there in silence for a few minutes until she said, "Why?"

"Why what?"I said calmly.

"Why are you here? I thought you were dead," she said.

"I wasn't dead in the beginning of this whole mess," I responded.

"So how long have you been here?" she said, drinking some tea.

"Two months," I said to her.

She spat out her tea and shouted, "2 months! 2 months and you didn't make time to see me!"

"It was an order, and if I did see you…" I said.

"Come on, spit it out!" she shouted as she looked at me.

"If I did some to see you, you would have been killed, OK?" I shouted back. She looked hurt and confused at the same time.

"Look Relena, I wanted to see you so badly in the ballroom when you gave that speech and I wanted to be there with you. And when you were crying in the cell at Mariemaia's colony, I just wanted to hold you and tell you that everything would be fine, but I couldn't," I said, looking at the ground. She stood there in shock.

"Look: if you don't forgive me, I understand, but know this: I'm sorry," I said quietly as I lifted her chin and looked into her eyes. Then I stood up and slowly walked away until she spun me around and kissed me. We broke apart, and then she said, "I knew it was you in that base," she said quietly. I was in pure shock. "Besides, I can never forget those eyes."

"You little…" I said before she kissed me again. We heard clapping and cheers of joy from the campfire; the trio was standing up. We blushed for a bit, and then we walked over to them. The girls asked how Relena was, and then we heard bagpipes playing "Scotland, the Brave" in the distance, and Amy and appeared out of the forest with Fred playing the bagpipes and his group playing the drums.

Amy shouted, "Mommy, they followed me home. Can I keep them?" We all laughed at her comment. Jason came out sleepily and was all over the place tripping on every object. He sat with us and drank his tea.

Since we hadn't talked for about two months, Relena and I decided to take a walk and catch up on things… and everyone thought we were two lovebirds that went off somewhere…