Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Memiors of an Amiercan Gundam Pilot ❯ The X Gene Theory ( Chapter 49 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I don't own anything in here, except my own character. Everything and everyone else is owned by their respected owners.

To see the whole entire fanfiction series, visit www.gundamwing-gofightwin.web1000.com. (Note that this fanfic series won't be on the page, but all of the rest of the fanfics will be there, from the original Gundam Wing - Go, Fight, Win to the recently written Preventer's Core. Plus, you'll find side stories, songfics, and a bio of all the characters.)

Chapter Forty-eight: The X-Gene Theory

All six pulled in at the same time, all looking battered. The crews ran up to us as we all exited quietly, expect for Jason who had to scream "The circus as arrived and the freak show is here!"

"So what happened?" Doktor S asked.

"Well…it's the freak show!" Jason was still screaming.

"Freak?" Professor G asked.

"You know…ugly, mutated people that have powers for some unknown reason or another," Trel was trying to explain, looking at her nails.

"You have to be joking," Instructor H said.

"When do we ever joke?" I said. The doctors glared at Jason and he gave that innocent look.

"He has an exception," Savanna stated.

"Can you be a little more descriptive?" Dr. J asked.

"Um…let me see…NOT HUMAN!" Amy screamed. "They had fangs, scales, and funky-shaped eyes."

"Were they almost animal like?" Master O asked.

"They had animal looks and traits alright," Niki stated. Master O nodded and left the room.

"Well expect for Mount Ugly," Jason snickered.

"Why do you ask?" I asked them.

"Because OZ wanted us to perfect a theory for them," Dr. J said.

"While we were on the moon," Professor G said.

"OK then, what was the experiment?" Amy asked.

"It involved creating soldiers with animal or elemental like abilities," Master O said as he came back with loads of folders and papers in his hand. He passed a folder out to each of us. "We would inject them with the animal or element DNA, giving them abilities beyond."

"It was called the 'X-Gene experiment,'" Instructor H said.

"So, whatever happened to his 'X-Gene experiment'?" Savanna asked.

"It was successful a few times. We tried everything from ants to zebras to the soldiers and only 5 out of the animal kingdom survived. Also, out of all the elements one was successful," Dr. J said.

"Let me guess: in the animal category, we have the Bengal Tiger, Great White Shark, Egyptian Cobra, and the Eastern & Western Diamondback Rattle Snakes," Trel stated.

"And earth was the successful element," Niki said.

"Correct," Dr. J said.

"So what happened to the ones who didn't fight in the war?" I asked them.

"They were destroyed before the duel in the Libra," Doktor S said.

"Because?" Amy asked.

"They were being taken over by the genes…let's put it this way: the animal inside them started to kick in and they became more animal than human," Dr. J said.

"What happened to all that information?" Savanna asked.

"It was destroyed to our knowledge," Instructor H replied.

"Well guess again sweetheart," Jason said, "they have returned in 'When Animals Attack 2.'"

"Well we're going to have to find some sort of cure," Dr. J said.

"You mean 'us 6' or 'you 5'?" Niki asked.

"Us 5," Professor G said.

We left the room quickly since we where tired and battered. The base had some underground barracks, so we wandered ourselves to bed.

The next morning, at 5, we woke up, and cars where waiting for us to take us to today's events.

In the cars, we where chatting over the radios.

"Maybe they'll show up today," Niki said.

"It's most unlikely. Niki, I mean, the look on Alex's face was painful, and it was good thing I was there," Trel laughed.

"I wonder what the cure is," Amy said, "if there is one."

"I think one silver bullet up the ass would work," Jason said.

"That's for werewolves Jason, not mutants," Savanna said.

"Jason…you…are a genius!" I said.

"You could have said that a long time ago Matthew," Jason said.

"Where are you trying to get at Matt?" Trel asked.

"Maybe they where part werewolf, cat, snake, anything! What I mean is that they looked fine yesterday," I explained.

"I think what you're trying to say that they turn into those things at night and then turn back to humans in the morning," Niki said.

"Then why do both? I'll only get them tired," Amy said, yawning.

"Well, if they're trying to get us tired, I think personally it's working," Savanna said.

"So why are they like this now and not back at the bull riding?" Trel asked.

"I'm guessing they had the injection afterward," Jason stated.

"But why are they trying to get us tired?" Niki asked.

"I don't know, but watch your backs…anything can happen," I said to my crew.