Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Memiors of an Amiercan Gundam Pilot ❯ Rest and Round 2 ( Chapter 50 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I don't own anything in here, except my own character. Everything and everyone else is owned by their respected owners.

To see the whole entire fanfiction series, visit www.gundamwing-gofightwin.web1000.com. (Note that this fanfic series won't be on the page, but all of the rest of the fanfics will be there, from the original Gundam Wing - Go, Fight, Win to the recently written Preventer's Core. Plus, you'll find side stories, songfics, and a bio of all the characters.)

Chapter Forty-nine: Rest and Round 2

I was lying across the back seat sleeping as much as I can. Then I felt the car jolt forward, and I knew that I was here. I stepped out the car and started to walk towards my dressing room. When I got in, I spotted Relena on the couch smiling. So I decided to sit next to her. Then there were a few minutes of silence before I dozed off to sleep. I don't know how long I was sleeping, but when she kissed, I suddenly came back to reality.

"Hello," I said to her.

"Good morning," she said. I yawned and leaned back in the chair, pulling out the recliner.

"Long night?" she asked.

"Very," I said as I was dozing off again.

"Was it hard?" she asked, but I was off to sleep again. I felt a blanket covering me, than a light kiss on the forehead. I smiled in my sleep as she left the room.

"Matthew!" I heard a voice called out. "Matthew!" Then I found out it was Master Ching, and I had dozed off for a few ticks…then I snapped and I heard cheering. I was in the second round against China.

We where in a stalemate in the middle in the ring and I was waiting for the Chinese fighter to make his move. I was in the monkey in the middle as he circled around me like a hawk. Then I stood up with my eyes closed letting my senses be clear. I was predicting his next move and I realized I was wide open in the back. So after a few passes, he attacked me full throttle. I did a 360, grabbed his arm, and threw him out of the ring.

Semifinals and finals, here I come.

Anyway, I caught Relena giving blow kisses, and the crowd being ecstatic as loud as possible. My right arm was raised by the ref and the crowd became euphoric. But Master Ching didn't see my victory; he had something else on his mind.

Afterwards, we all met in the meeting room that we rented out, ordering room service by the cart full. We where waiting for the Gundam pilots to appear because we wanted to throw a party before the last few days of the Olympics, but they where a no-show. We had the media all over us trying to interview us. Then something caught my eye…it was Tom Brokaw on his regular nightly news, talking about some missing people. But the person who was missing really caught my eye.

Our top story tonight: TexasStatePolice is reporting tonight that they found Mariemaia Kushrenada, who was missing for two and a half days, at a Denny's Restaurant in San Antonio. They are saying that she was separated from her guardians during an outing, but won't give any further details.

"Hey, check this out," I said to my team. Now, all of us were paying attention.

This news comes as officials continue to search for 5 SancKingdomathletes and a representative after they failed to report to their hotel. According to State Police, who are conducting the state-wide search, they where last spotted around Olympic Village and in the downtown vicinity. Now, we go live to Austin, Texas, where a press conference is currently being held…

The TV was turned off, and now everyone had worried looks on their faces. We couldn't do anything about it since it was getting very late. We all decided to go to bed and that they come back safely.

It was in the middle of the night, around one, when I heard the phone ring. I was feeling for the phone, and then I picked it up.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Your loves ones are in great danger," a voice said, then a click, then a dial tone.

'What the hell?' I asked myself.