Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Ramses Lloyd ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

1

True Friends

Characters:

Anton Garcia- sixth grader

Anne Garcia- sixth grader

Maria Reantaso- seventh grader

Kim Trinidad - sixth grader

Ariel Trinidad - sixth grader

Chiara Rodriguez - sixth grader

Patricia Alvarez - sixth grader

Gabriel Ponio - seventh grader

Rommel Valdez - seventh grader

Ray Santos - seventh grader

Adriel Santos- sixth grader

It was 10:00 am one Saturday morning, Kim and Anne were walking down their usual street going to their favorite loitering place; the park. When they were about to pick up Patricia, they saw unfamiliar faces unpacking their things on the front lawn of which was on sale before. As they were watching the new family, Patricia ran towards them.

"Hi guys! What's up?" Patricia asked. "Hey Pat. Who are they?" Anne asked. "Oh them..." Patricia said glancing over to the new family, "They're new here. They came from... uh... wait... where were they from again?". "Never mind that. Who's the new girl?" Kim asked. "Oh... she's Chiara. She's very shy... I tried talking to her this morning but she just ran back to their new house..." Patricia replied. "Well... we better go now... Rommel's waiting for us." Anne said as they all walked towards the park.

At the park, Rommel and his girlfriend, Maria was playing around on the swings.

"Hey guys! What's going on?" Kim asked, looking at them giggle hysterically. "Oh...um... sorry... hey, have you seen the new girl?" Maria said as Rommel tickled her. "Of course we did! She looks like a dork with her hair all messed up and her clothes all patched and frayed." Anne said with disgust as she looked at Rommel and Maria tickling each other, "Stop all that tickling! It's so annoying!". "Sorry... can't help it..." Rommel said, in between laughs.

After a while... at around 11:30, Anne and the others headed back for home. Then, Rommel spoke.

"Hey! Anne!" Rommel said. "What?" Anne said, fixing her hair. "Do you still have a crush on Ariel?" Rommel said, smirking at her. "What do you mean crush?! We're both in love with each other!" Anne said, hastily. "Really?" Rommel said, looking behind him, still smirking. "Yes! Don't you know anything?!" Anne asked in an irritated tone. "Okay then. Let's ask Mister Chess master himself!" Rommel said as a guy who was about to pass by him glanced at him.

"Were you just talking about me?" Ariel asked, looking annoyed by him. "Yipes!" Anne said softly as she blushed while covering her mouth. "Oh... Hi Anne, Patricia, Maria... and Kim,"Ariel said, smiling a little at them as Anne blushed harder. "Yeah, that's right! Anne here said something ab-"Rommel said as Anne pulled him aside as she stepped forward saying, "Err- don't mind him, Ariel...". "Oh yeah... Anne... I was wondering if-" Ariel said as a girl with long, wavy, brown hair suddenly bumped into him.

"Oh! I'm sorry!" They both said at the same time. "Hey... aren't you the new girl?" Ariel asked. "Yup..."she said, softly as she blushed. "I'm Ariel Trinidad; by the way... these are my friends...Maria, Rommel, Anne, Kim and Patricia..." Ariel said smiling as he reached out his hand to her. "Um... My name's Chiara... Chiara Rodriguez..." she said, softly as she reached out her hand and shook hands with him. "Welcome to our neighborhood..." Ariel said, handing her a piece of paper, "If you want to have sort of a guide around the neighborhood, give me a call, okay...". "Um...Thanks..." Chiara said as Ariel bid good bye to all of them then left.

"Um... good day to you..." Chiara said as she bowed down a little then left them.

"I don't like her..."Anne said, looking annoyed. "You hate her because Ariel was nice to her..." Rommel said, jokingly. "Oh shut up!" Anne said as Kim interrupted, "Don't worry about my brother, Anne. I can help you win him.". "Hey, can we eat now? I'm starved." Patricia moaned. "Let's go to my house, my dad always cook something special for lunch every Saturday..." Maria said. "What are we then waiting for? Let's go!" Patricia cheered as they all walked briskly to Maria's house.

When Kim arrived home at her house, she searched the house for his big brother.

"Hey Ariel! Ariel! Kim called out. "What?" Ariel asked, stuffing his face with toast. "What kind of sport do you like a girl to be best at?" Kim asked. "Why do you ask?" Ariel asked, still chewing on his toast. "Err- no special reason really. I just want to know..." Kim said as she tried to stop from smirking. "Hmm... maybe the one who's good in volleyball...? Why?" Ariel asked with a confused look in his face. "Thanks big bro!" Kim said as she dashed to her room. Wonder what that's about... Ariel thought as he drank some milk.

Meanwhile, up in Kim's room which is filled with posters of her favorite tennis players...Kim got her personal phone and dialed Anne's number.

Anton: "Hello?"

Kim: "Anton?"

Anton: "Yeah. Who's this?"

Kim: "This is Kim. Is Anne there?"

Anton: "Sorry Kim. She just left. She said she needed to

Find the perfect outfit for the cheering squad

Try-outs this Wednesday."

Kim: "Sure. Fine. What ever. Thanks anyway, Antonio."

Anton: "Stop calling me that, will you?!"

Kim: "Bye Anton" clicks

Sunday; 1:00 pm. At Sunshine mall, Chiara and his cousin, Gabriel went shopping for some food.

"Hey Gab. I met someone yesterday. He really seemed kinda nice..." Chiara said, softly as she got a kilo of apples and mangoes. "Oh... you made a friend? Well... good for you..." Gabriel smiled as he put a carton of milk in his basket. I'm gonna pay for mine now, Gab. I'll head for the Sports Center after I drop my groceries in the car..." Chiara said as she headed for a counter. "Okay! But remember! We leave at 2:30!" Gabriel said as Chiara paid for her groceries and left. That girl...she's so into sports... Gabriel sighed as he looked for some cooking oil.

At the Sports Center, Chiara rented a booth at the batting area and got a bat from the counter, then headed for one of the cubicles. As she tried batting, but kept missing the ball, a tall guy entered the cubicle next to hers. "This is so hard..." Chiara said softly as she programmed the machine to start throwing the balls again.

After five balls, Chiara sat down for a while and turned the machine off. As Chiara lowered her bat on top of a small table, she sighed, saying, "I keep forgetting how to bat..."

"Maybe I can help you..." someone from behind her said. As Chiara turned her back, she saw the tall guy leaning on the fence that separated their batting cages. "Err- um..." Chiara said, softly. "Hey, don't be shy. My name's Ray. I study at Dilemma High..." he said, "how about you?" "Um... I'm Chiara. I just moved into the neighborhood the night before yesterday. I'm going to study at Dilemma High too." Chiara answered, bashfully. "Oh. Is that right? Well... nice knowing you, Chiara... So... Do you want me to teach you how to bat? I'm a member of the school's baseball team. Err- the Dilemma Blue Hawks..." Ray said as he caressed his hair. "Sure. I'd love that..." Chiara answered as Ray entered her cubicle.

An hour has passed but they didn't accomplish anything. Ray seemed to talk Chiara into talking all about herself and her past home. This girl is so energetic... She seems to love playing sports... even though baseball I think isn't her thing... Ray thought as Chiara seemed to look at him like he was some sort of a very hard math problem. "Um... anything wrong?" Chiara asked softly. "Oh... sorry...I was sort of thinking about something..." Ray said.

"Oh dear... look at the time..." Chiara said, looking at her watch, "I really must go... my cousin might be looking for me..." As she was about to leave the cubicle, Ray held her hand and stopped her. "Wait... can I see you then...at school? During break or something... you know... if you'd want me to show you around..." Ray said. "Well... if I do find my way around the school..." Chiara said, smiling at him as she waved good bye. Well...I'd better go too... Ray thought as he got his bat and left.

After Ray left, a head poked out from the cubicle next to Ray's. "What was she doing with him?" Kim asked, curiously as she walked out of the cubicle to see who else she knew was there.

"What took you so long?" Gabriel said as Chiara arrived at their car at last. "But I was only late by five minutes..." Chiara said, softly. "Well, let's just get home then. I'm still going to buy our things for school. Remember?" Gabriel said. "Okay...okay... let's just get home..." Chiara said as they both got into the car and drove home.

That night, Rommel called Maria.

Maria: "Hello? Maria speaking..."

Rommel: "Hey Maria, it's me. Rommel.

Maria: " Oh...Hi Mel..."

Rommel: "Um... I was just wondering what you were doing

Right now..."

Maria: " I'm not doing anything important, really...

Actually, I'm quite bored here..."

Rommel: "Oh. Um... would you like to eat with me

Tomorrow at lunch? Well... if you're not doing

Anything..."

Maria: "Oh! That's just perfect! And I thought that my

Day tomorrow would really be boring, as

Usual."

Rommel: "Good! I'll see you tomorrow then...Good night,

Maria... Love you"

Maria: "Love you too... Sweet dreams" clicks

Monday. 7:30 am. After the flag ceremony, Chiara enters her classroom. The students look at her with interest.

"Everyone. This is Chiara Rodriguez. She just moved from Hillary High, so I want all of you to welcome her warmly..."Ms. Joan said

Everyone claps.

Oh...Ariel is here...and Anne too... Chiara thought as she was told to be seated between Ariel and Adriel.

"Don't worry...You'll do just fine here..." Ariel whispered to Chiara as classes started. "First subject is Math..."Chiara said as she looked at her class schedule.


"Ms. Rodriguez. Write the answer on the board and give the solution. `257.34 is 6% of __' Please" Ms. Joan said as Chiara wrote on the board:

"Good job, Chiara." Ms. Joan said as Chiara sat down.

After Math, Chiara's class went down to the Art room and changed into their art robes (As so they call it).

"Oh... a new student. Well... we must assign an art partner for her... anyone who wants to volunteer?" Ms. Janet asked as she looked around.

Everyone kept quiet...then...

"I volunteer..." A guy from the second to the last table said. Isn't that the guy who sat beside me during English? Chiara asked herself as the teacher spoke. "That's very kind of you Adriel! Now, Miss Rodriguez, Please stay in the empty seat next to Adriel's ...okay?" Ms. Janet said. "Sure, miss..."Chiara said softly as she sat down beside Adriel.

"Good. Now, let's practice drawing using a charcoal pencil... Everyone, draw an animal...let's say...a carnivore... but don't draw ridiculous animals like what Anne drew last Monday. I asked you all to draw a useful animal and she draws a worm..." the teacher said as Anne interrupted, "But worms are helpful! Even though they're slimy and disgusting, they make the soil fertile, right?". "Anne, I wanted a drawing which is presentable, okay?" Ms. Janet said. "Well...you should have told us that in the first place..." Anne said, rudely as the class started smirking. "Anne! If you don't just sit down and do your work, I'll send you to the Principal's office..."Ms. Janet said, crossly. "What ever..." Anne said as she sat down her chair.

After thirty minutes, Adriel stopped and looked at Chiara...

"You seem quiet..." Adriel said to her. "Huh? Oh... sorry...um... I'm just really... sort of shy..." Chiara said, softly. "Oh...Hey, don't sweat it... your very smart you know..." Adriel answered. "Huh? No! I'm not that good...I was just lucky...usually, I stink at Math and Science..." Chiara said, looking at her drawing, blushing a bit. "I'm a bit good at Science...um... you want me to teach you? I mean...It's not like I'm a science genius or anything..." Adriel said, softly as he started drawing again and not looking at Chiara at the eye. "How kind of you... but... I'm just a bit busy today... and I'm a new student, right..." Chiara said. "Hey, anytime is perfect... just come to me if you do need help, okay?" Adriel said, smiling at her. "I will... thanks, Adriel..." Chiara said, cheerfully as the bell rang.

Recess...

Oh dear... where am I going to sit? I can't find Gab anywhere...where is he anyway? Chiara thought as someone tapped her at the back....

"Huh?" Chiara asked as she looked behind her, seeing a tall guy smiling at her. "What's up..."he said. "Ray!" Chiara said in surprise. "Hey, you look kinda lost..."Ray said, giggling.

"Well...that's what you'd expect from a new comer..."Chiara said in a sort of an Italian way. "Come on... let's find a seat..."Ray said as they looked for an empty table.

"You're a seventh grader?" Chiara asked as she looked at Ray as he started eating his burger. "Yeah... Class 4..." Ray replied, wiping the ketchup from his mouth. "I'm at Class 3... It's no big deal really..." Chiara said, eating her sandwich. "3rd to the highest section... My brother is also in that section. Known him yet?" Ray asked. "Who?" Chiara asked.

"Adriel? Adriel Santos..." Ray said, biting on his burger. "Oh! I didn't know he was your bro. Sorry. He's my Art partner..." Chiara said, sipping into her orange juice. "I advice that you keep a little distance from him... he's a real prankster..." Ray said, chuckling. "Don't worry... I know how to handle people like him... my cousin is like that too... Gab is one weirdo but I usually get insane whenever I hang around with him long enough..." Chiara said, laughing a bit...

"Then your tummy aches with laughter after he's done with you..." someone behind both of them said. As they both turned around, Chiara said, softly, "Err- Hi, Gab.". "Gabby, my man! Ray said, patting him at the back as Gabriel sat down beside Ray. "You know each other?..." Chiara asked. "He's my lab partner..." Ray said, laughing a bit. "Why? What's wrong?" Chiara asked. "Just remembered what happened a while ago... Gabby here wanted to send fireworks in the lab... instead... he- he burned our teachers hair, then burned- his pants- showing his- yellow and purple dotted boxers-" Ray said, laughing a bit louder as Gabriel said, "The teacher got mad at me at first but then... started laughing at my boxers... I got saved from detention that time..." "Yeah... but you weren't saved from the humiliation..." Chiara said, chuckling a bit. " Yeah... but at least he didn't give has homework.... he kept laughing at me because of my boxers..." Gabriel said, drinking his soda, "He should see a mirror, He looked really outta site...". Then Ray started to laugh even harder... "Well... it's a good thing you bought some extra pants..."Chiara said, as she laughed, softly, "Who knows what would happen if you didn't bring- those...". "Yeah... it would be like...total indignity... total embarrassment..." Gabriel said, smirking as the bell rang.

"Oops! Gotta run! See you later, guys!" Chiara said as she dashed for the door as she heard them call after her saying, "See you later, Chiara!"

Science...

"A lab partner... who can be your lab partner?" the teacher asked, looking around the classroom... "Ah! Ms. Garcia... I remember that your lab partner left for another city... I'll make Chiara your partner..." Ms. Daisy said as she let Chiara seat down beside Anne. Great... it's Ms. I'm-new-to-the-neighborhood... Ugh! Why can't I just have Ariel for a partner? This is going to be dullsville... Anne sighed as she looked longingly at Ariel.

"Sorry to bother you, Ms. Garcia... but I can't help it..." Chiara said, softly as she looked down at the floor. "Just don't mess around with things that YOU shouldn't be messing around with..." Anne said, rudely as she moved her chair away from Chiara.

Lunch:

"I really stink at Science..." Chiara said to Adriel as they both found a place to sit... "Nonsense... you did just fine..." Adriel said as he started building a tower out of his nachos... "Anne gave me the cold shoulder all throughout the period..." Chiara said, softly as if she wanted to cry... "Don't worry... she's always like that to new people..." Adriel said as his tower of nachos fell apart, "Rats..."

"What's up, guys?" Ariel said as he sat down beside Adriel. "Hi, Ariel..." Chiara greeted as Patricia arrived. "Can I sit here?" she asked Chiara. "Sure..." Chiara said as Patricia sat down beside her. "Mind if I join you people?" Ray asked from behind Chiara. "Oh! Ray! Please do join us..." Chiara said as Ray sat down beside her.

"Wow! A full table! Can I still cut in?" Gabriel said from behind Adriel. "Why not? It's not like there's a rule that's forbidding you..." Adriel chuckled as Gabriel sat down beside Ray.

"You two are new here, right?" Pat said as Gabriel and Adriel began mixing orange soda and root beer in a glass. "Yes... right Gab?" Chiara said as Gabriel mumbled while putting some cheese from the nacho into the glass, "Yup...". "Well... to tell you know... there's a pizza parlor a building behind the school... It's a totally cool place to hang out..." Patricia said, sipping her ice tea. "And we have...like- a huge sports complex in this school... but it's only opened during Wednesday, Thursday and Friday." Ariel said as he started eating his food. "You mean...the big building, there behind the music room?" Gabriel asked as he poured some nachos into the weird mixture he and Adriel made.

"Yup... that's the one..." Ray said as he ate a piece of his chicken. "Or how about the music room? Have you seen that yet?" Adriel asked as he put some marshmallows on top of their mixture, "It has this weird writings on the wall... and the strings of the string instruments are always on the floor. The teacher never let's the janitor clean that place..." "Yeah... it's really messy there..." Gabriel said as he put their mixture in the middle of the table showing everyone what they did.

"What IS that?!" Patricia said in a disgusted tone. "Our specialty... The Smelly Decoy!!!" Gabriel said. "Well... it does stink..." Chiara said, covering her nose with her hanky as she bit a bit of her burger. "Foods with a strong odor attract rats very much. But with all the things we added... I don't think anything can stand it..." Adriel said. "Or... Anyone..." said Ariel as Ray and him acted like they were about to throw-up. "You better throw that... the principal might smell it and both bring you to detention..." Patricia said, holding her nose. "Alright...Alright... but I assure you... rats would be crawling around here without this..." Adriel said as he and Gabriel threw their creation in the trash.

"Well... that takes care of that smelly exterminator..." Patricia sighed as she drank all her ice tea. "I wonder if rats really did infest the cafeteria." Ariel asked as Gabriel and Adriel came back. "Yuck! Please! I don't like to think about it..." Patricia said as she shuddered a bit. "Come on... let's get going... the bell's about to ring..." Ray said, standing up. "Yeah..." they all said as they headed out of the cafeteria.

Meanwhile, Anne and Kim who was just one table away from them suddenly started talking...

"Humph... what did those guys see in that girl anyway?!" Anne asked, angrily, "She's just some new kid who can't talk properly...". "Yeah... Hey... can I look at that again?" Kim asked. "Look at what?" Anne asked. "The list... can I look at it?" Kim said softly as she looked around to see if anyone was looking at them.

"Oh! That... here..." Anne said, giving a piece of paper to Kim.

"That new girl already got three of them..." Kim said, scanning the paper. "Namely... Ray, Adriel and of course... my beloved Ariel..." Anne said, irritably. "Oh yeah... I have to tell you something... but not now... the bell's about to ring... maybe this dismissal time." Kim said as they went out of the cafeteria.

History...

"...so... the Philippine government was now controlled by the Japanese..." the teacher said, "And thus called the puppet government. This is boring... Chiara thought as black envelope landed on her desk.