Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Ramses Lloyd ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

2

Part Time

Characters:

Albert Ruiz- seventh grader

Marah Santiago- sixth grader

Harry Mendoza- sixth grader

Emman Morales- seventh grader

Miggy Domingo- seventh grader

Celine Pastor- sixth grader

Max Enrique- seventh grader

Wednesday, Another school day... Chiara, Ariel and Adriel arrived just in time before the bell rang.

"Wow... You really talked to them? After what they did the other day?! Err- I mean night?!" Adriel exclaimed. "Um... I just bumped into them..." Chiara said. "Yeah! You shouldn't react so fast!" Ariel said as Adriel made a face at him. "Calm down you two... the teachers here...' Chiara said, softly as Ariel and Adriel settled down in their seats.

English...

"Let's have a game... The one who writes down the most number of prepositions on the sheet of paper given to you in 30 seconds will win a Triple Deluxe Pizza courtesy of Triple P! Is everyone ready?!" the teacher said. Then everyone cheered. "Alright! On your mark, get set... GO!" The teacher clicked the button on the timer in her hand as she said `go'.

30 Seconds have passed...

"Times up! Everyone! Pass your papers!" the teacher said as everyone passed their papers to the teacher.

Seconds later...

"Looks like we have a winner! Put your hands together for Ariel Trinidad!" the teacher said as everyone clapped. Ariel stood up and got the coupon from the teacher. "Congratulations Ariel!" the teacher said as she shook his hand. "Err- thanks..." Ariel replied, softly as he went back to his seat.

Recess...

"Wow... Ariel is so lucky! Ray said as he, Ariel, Adriel and Chiara sat down. "Hi guys!" Someone behind Ariel said. "Oh! Anton! What's up, man?!" Adriel said as he patted Anton's back and let him sit beside him. "Oh? Are you the new kid Anne has been talking about?" Anton asked Chiara. "Um... yeah... why?" Chiara asked softly. "She keeps talking about you on the phone with Kim every night... She keeps saying things about you..." Anton said as he drank some juice. "Me?" Chiara asked, softly. "Hey... don't worry... everything's gonna be fine..." Ray said. Chiara nodded happily at Ray as Anton interrupted, "But I don't think she's saying it right... I mean, you seem kinda nice..." Anton said, still sipping his juice. "Of course! Anne doesn't know the Real Chiara..." Adriel protested. "Well... you don't know her very well either..." Gabriel said from behind Chiara as Chiara giggled a little.

"Oh! You must be the other new kid!" Anton said. "Please! I have a name, you know!" Gabriel said, angrily. "Oh... don't mind him... he's always like that... He's my cousin, Gabriel..." Chiara said. "Oh... nice meeting you, Gabrielalalalala" Anton said as Gabriel quickly said, "It's GABRIEL!!! Read my lips! GAB-RI-EL!!!" "Gosh... I was only kidding! Can't you take a joke?" Anton asked as Chiara quickly said, "He's quite sensitive about his name..." "Oh! That explains why asparagus head here's so steamed up... well, gotta dash!" Anton said as he stood up, "PE's up next! Can't wait to finish our game!" After that, he left.

"Good thing he left... I was about to lose my patience with him... asparagus head, huh?!" Gabriel said, angrily as Chiara patted him on the head saying, "Don't worry, Gab. You do seem like an asparagus anyway." "Stop it with the Asparagus stuff already!!!" Gabriel insisted.

"You know what..." Ariel said. "No. I don't know yet." Adriel said as Ariel shot an annoyed look at him. "Shut up will you?! I want to explain something." Ariel said. "Yeah! You better shut up or I'll knock your head off!" Adriel said to Ray who was talking to Gabriel. "Not him, idiot! I was talking to you!" Ariel said. "Oh...... So why are you talking to him?" Adriel asked, pointing at Ray. "I wasn't talking to him! I was talking to you!" Ariel exclaimed. "Oh...... so who are you talking to?" Adriel said with a stunned face. "Quit that!!!" Ariel exclaimed, angrily, standing up as Chiara laughed.

"What's so funny?" Ariel asked. "Nothing- Need to go!" Chiara said between laughs as she dashed out the cafeteria.

"Well... I better go too..." Ray said, standing up and getting his bag, "we might be late..." with that, they threw their trash and left the cafeteria.

Anton's PE... after exercising a bit...

"Okay, water break everyone!" Coach Joe exclaimed as the students started running to the water fountains. "Sir!" Anton said, rushing towards the teacher. "Yes, Anton? Do you need anything?" Coach Joe asked. "Sir Today is the continuation of our match... Girls against Boys..." Anton said. "Oh yeah... right, thank you for reminding me, Anton" Coach Joe said as he blew his whistle, "Will you please get the balls for us, Anton?" "Sure, Coach!" Anton said as he dashed over to the storage room.

Storage room...

"Badminton... no... Baseball... no... Basketball... no... Bowling... no... Cricket... no... Football... no... Hockey... no... Soccer... no... Table tennis... no... Tennis... no... Where-" Anton said as he suddenly stumbled on a pile of balls, "Ouch! That hurts... Oh! Volleyballs!"

Anton stood up and started carrying the balls out the door...

"These darn balls are too many..." Anton sighed as he closed the door behind him, "not to mention heavy...". "They should at least put some in another container..." Anton grumbled as he suddenly bumped into someone which made him drop the balls.

"Watch it-" Anton said as a girl stood in front of him, brushing the dirt of her skirt. "Patricia?" Anton asked in surprise, blushing as he started to shake a little. "Hi," Patricia replied as she bent down to pick up her books that fell. "Oh! Let me help you with that..." Anton said still blushing as he helped Patricia pick up her books, "I'm terribly sorry for what happened... I didn't see you coming..." "Hey, it's alright... accidents happen, right?" Patricia said as they both stood up. "Here you go... look, I'm really sorry..." Anton said, giving Patricia her books that he picked up. "I told you, it's alright... now, unless you don't want to be late, you'd better start moving," Patricia said, looking at her watch. "Oh my! I've got to run!" Anton said as he started to run towards the gym. "Be careful!" Patricia called after him.

At the gym...

"Anton! Where have you been?!" the coach asked, sternly as Anton stepped into the gym with the balls. "I'm sorry sir," Anton said. "Forget it, give me some of the balls so we can get started," the coach said Anton handed him some of the volleyballs.

During lunch...

"`Yo! Anton my man! Come join us!" Rommel said as he, Maria and Adriel led Anton to a table. "What's going on?" Anton asked as Adriel sat beside him. "Hey! We're just trying to cheer you up... we heard what happened to you a while ago at PE..." Adriel said as he patted Anton on the back. "And who told you that?!" Anton asked.

"I did," said Patricia from behind them. "Hi Pat..." Maria said smiling as Patricia sat down beside her. "Hey, did you see them?" Patricia asked them as she drank some of her juice. "Them?" Rommel asked. "Yeah! Ray, Ariel and Chiara! They're over there at the corner table..." Patricia said as she started eating her sandwich.

"HUH?!" Adriel asked in surprise as he quickly stood up. "Whoa!!! Take it easy man!" Anton said as Adriel sank back into his chair. "Yeah! And I thought Ariel had a crush on me... I guess things changed..." Patricia said as she sipped some of her juice. "Wow... I think we have a new love triangle over there..." Maria said as she looked at the table were Chiara, Ariel and Ray were laughing hysterically.

"They're just helping Chiara in her studies... That's all..." Adriel said, crossly. "Well... someone's jealous..." Maria teased. "I'm just telling the truth, okay?! Leave me alone!" Adriel exclaimed as he stormed out of the cafeteria. "I think we overdid it a bit, guys..." Rommel said, looking at the others.

At the schools' front steps...

Stupid... they don't know anything... They're just helping her... Besides... It's impossible... Ray? He's not very into ladies... so why is he hanging out with Chiara?! Adriel thought as he lied down on one of the steps, and then closed his eyes for a minute.

"Hi!" someone said as Adriel opened his eyes...

"Chiara?!" Adriel asked in surprise as he quickly sat up, brushing dust from his shirt. "I saw you heading out of the canteen... you seemed upset... do you want to tell me about it?" Chiara asked, smiling at him as she sat down beside him. "Err- Oh no... Well... what should I tell her? Um... the truth is... It's nothing really..." Adriel said, softly. "Well... if you have a problem... don't hesitate to talk to me..." Chiara said still smiling as she patted Adriel on the back then left his side. Whew... that was a close one... Adriel sighed as he walked back up to his next class.

Music...

"Oh... a new student... well... we're doing wind instruments now... do you know how to play any?" Sir Emmanuel said. "Um... just the flute, sir... but I'm not that good..." Chiara said, softly. "That's alright... go and get a flute from the music department...um... Adriel, would you please accompany her?" Sir Emmanuel asked as Adriel stood up and quickly answered, "Yes, sir..." "Right then... please go ahead so you may still catch up on our lesson." Sir Emmanuel said as Chiara and Adriel left the room.

"Sorry if I bothered you..." Chiara said, softly while looking down at her feet. "No... It was nothing really... besides... I hate music..." Adriel said, blushing while looking at the ceiling.

After a while of walking in silence, Adriel stopped in front of a door and Chiara following behind him...

"Here it is... let's get your flute then get out of her before anyone sees us..." Adriel said, softly as he opened the door to the music department. "Wow... it's so nice in here..." Chiara said as she entered the music department, leaning a bit on an old shelve. "Chiara! Be careful there! Those shelves are-" Adriel said as the huge shelf full of baritones whom Chiara was leaning on suddenly wobbled violently. "Look out!!!" Adriel exclaimed, pulling Chiara out of the way as the huge shelf toppled over.

Baritones' crashed to the floor which echoed around the music department and to the nearest classrooms. Dust spread over them and within minutes... the music department was quiet again...

Adriel and Chiara, who sat side by side in a corner, went silent for a moment, then...

"Are you alright?" Adriel asked Chiara, softly as he stood up, brushing away dust from his shirt. "I'm fine..." Chiara said, nervously as Adriel helped her up to her feet, "I don't know what happened... I just stood there and leaned on that- that shelf then-" "That shelf is broken... I don't even know why they still use that..." Adriel said. "Oh Adriel! I'm really sorry!" Chiara cried, covering her face. "It's alright with me... but-" Adriel said as the door to the music department swung open.

"What is the meaning of this?! Adriel! Chiara! Explain all this! Who did all this mess?!" Ms. Louise asked angrily as she made her way towards Adriel and Chiara. "Um... miss... it was-" Chiara said, softly while wiping her tears as Adriel stepped in front of her then said softly, "It was me, Ms. Louise... I did this mess... I sort of leaned on that shelf... I'm really sorry..."

"I must say I am very, VERY disappointed in you, Adriel! Not only did you break several baritones, but you also showed a bad example to our new student! You've got to pay for all the damage you've done, Mr. Santos!!! Report to the Principal's office immediately!" Ms. Louise exclaimed, angrily at Adriel. Then she turned to Chiara. "As for you... you've been caught in the scene of the crime too... so, I'll just see if the principal would give you detention until Friday... Now, go to the Nurse's Office... I see you've got a bruise on your leg..." Ms. Louise said, sternly.

"But miss! Adriel! I-" Chiara said as Ms. Louise held up her hand and said, "Please, Chiara. You need to take care of yourself... I'll take care of Mr. Santos over here..."

After that, Adriel and Ms. Louise left the Music department.

At the Nurse's Office...

"It's a good thing it's only a bruise... Do you know that those baritones are heavy? Good thing it didn't fall on your leg-" the nurse said as Chiara quickly answered, "It's a good thing Adriel saved me... twice..."

"Well... It's done... better head for your next class now..." the nurse said as Chiara got out of her chair then dashed out the hallway.

Religion...

"Now... everyone... o-" Sir Gerard said as Chiara suddenly opened the door to the classroom, "Ms. Chiara? Where have you been? Class started 15 minutes ago..." "Sorry sir, I went to the Nurse's office..." Chiara said. "Very well, sit down so we could continue our lesson... Open your book to page 74 and read `The Prodigal Son'..." Sir Gerard said as Chiara sat down in her seat.

At the Principal's office...

"Mr. Santos, you might already know why you're here right now..." the principal said as Adriel sat down in front of the principal's desk. "Yes, sir..." Adriel said, softly. "You've broken 7 baritones, disrupted Ms. Louise's and Ms. Marcel's classes and nearly brought harm to our new student!" the principal said, furiously." Um... I'm sorry sir..." Adriel said, softly. "I don't know what I'm going to do with you, but I assure you, your parents would be informed about this! In the mean time... I might just give you detention for a month," the principal said as Adriel suddenly stood up from his chair looking utterly bewildered. "A whole month?!" Adriel exclaimed. "Yes! For all your unfavorable actions..." the principal answered as Adriel sat down, quietly, still looking flabbergasted. "Go on to your homeroom before Ms. Louise might think that you're loitering around the school..." the principal said as Adriel quietly left the Principal's office.

Homeroom...

"Hey, what happened to Adriel?" Ariel asked Chiara as she sat down in front of him. "Um... he..." Chiara said, slowly as Adriel suddenly entered the room.

"Adriel..." Chiara said, softly as he sat down in his seat at the last row. "Hey, what really happened between you two a while ago?-" Ariel asked, softly as Ms. Louise suddenly entered the room.

After class...

"Adriel! Wait up!" Chiara exclaimed as she ran after Adriel who quickly left the room. "Chiara? Chiara? Hey, where did she go?" Ariel asked, softly as he looked around the room.

"Hi..." Anne said from behind Ariel. "Huh? Oh... it's you..." Ariel said with irritation in his voice. "Um... listen... I'm really sorry about yesterday... I really didn't mean what I said..." Anne said, softly. "Don't apologize to me, apologize to Chiara..." Ariel said. "I will... but... would you help me look for her? I can't seem to find her..." Anne said, pretending to look anxious as she turned around to see if Chiara was around. "Oh... well... I- guess I could help you look for her..." Ariel said, softly as he looked around to see if Chiara was there. "Really?! Oh... how kind of you, Ariel..." Anne said, smiling as she held Ariel's hand. "Uh... right... let's go then..." Ariel said, blushing a little as they headed out of the classroom.

At the bus stop at the back of the school, Chiara looked desperately for Adriel...

Oh... where is he? I won't forgive myself if anything bad happened to him... Chiara thought as she walked past an empty lot. "Where is-" Chiara said softly as she suddenly spotted Adriel entering a snack bar called `Snackz'.

As Chiara entered the snack bar, she saw Adriel sitting down on one corner of the room. "Adriel?" Chiara said, softly as she came towards him, "I want to...ap-" "You don't have to say anything. I'm fine. Nothing's wrong." Adriel said, staring down at his lap.

There was silence between them... then, suddenly...

"Adriel... I'm really sorry... I should have been the one who was sent to the Principal's office, I should have had the punishment given to you... I should've stood up for you..." Chiara said, falling down on her feet as tears fell from her eyes, "Stop your nonsense... you're freaking me out, you know..." Adriel said as he sat down beside her and offered her his handkerchief. "But..." Chiara said as she wiped her tears with the handkerchief. "Anyway... we're both in it together so I guess... we both feel a bit... you know..." Adriel said as he blushed a little. "Oh Adriel..." Chiara said as she hugged Adriel. "Hey! Stop that!" Adriel said as he blushed some more. "I'm just so happy you're my friend..." Chiara said smiling happily as Adriel helped her stand up. "Come on... I'll bring you home... but once we're there... I'm sure we'll both be in so much trouble..." Adriel said as he got his bag. "I agree..." Chiara said with a sigh as she and Adriel headed out of the snack bar.

Meanwhile... outside Anne's house...

"I'm so tired..." Anne said as she sat down on their front step. "What are you talking about? We just walked for about 15 minutes..." Ariel said, looking at her impatiently. "Well... good for you... you're not as tired as I am... I had to practice for the Cheering Squad a while ago at lunch...Then, I found out that the tryout was moved to Friday... You don't know how tired I am..." Anne sighed as she leaned on their door. "Sorry... I didn't know...' Ariel said, softly. "It's alright..." Anne said softly as she stood up, "I baked some cookies yesterday... And I've got so many more left... would you like some?" "What flavor?" Ariel quickly asked. "Chocolate chip cookies..." Anne said. "Those are my favorites!!! Come on! What are we waiting for?! Let's eat!" Ariel said as Anne happily entered their house followed by Ariel singing behind her.

After a while...

"So? How is it?" Anne asked. "They're great!" Ariel exclaimed, munching happily on the cookies. "I'm glad you like them..." Anne said, happily as Ariel's cell phone suddenly rang.

Ariel: Hello? Ariel speaking.

Ray: Ariel, It's me... Ray.

Ariel: Oh! How did you get my number?

Ray: Never mind that! Get over here at Chiara's house!

Ariel: Huh? Why? What happened?!

Ray: Just come on over!

Ariel: Okay! Okay! You don't have to shout you know...

Ray: See you.

Ariel: Okay, see you.

Clicks

"Why? What's wrong?" Anne asked. "Chiara... I have to see Chiara... Something happened... I dunno... Ray wasn't telling..." Ariel said, softly as he stood from his chair. "Wait! Where are you going?!" Anne quickly asked as she followed Ariel out the door. "To Chiara's place..." Ariel said as Anne stopped walking, "See you at school..." With that, Ariel disappeared from Anne's view.

At Chiara's doorstep...

"Well... what now?" Adriel asked. "Um... I guess I have to face my parents..." Chiara said with as sigh. "I'll go in with you..." Adriel said as Chiara smiled. "Thanks..." Chiara replied as she opened the door to her house.

When Chiara opened the door, they saw Gabriel walking towards them...

"Get in! Both of you!" Gabriel said angrily. "Is he mad?" Adriel whispered to Chiara. "He's mad..." Chiara whispered back as she and Adriel stepped inside the house.

At the living room, Chiara and Adriel saw their mom's; Ray and Patricia sat on the couch.

"Ray? Patricia? What are you doing here?" Chiara asked as the Ariel suddenly came up behind them.

"I'm here... sorry I'm late..." Ariel said, trying to catch his breath.

There was silence in the room... after a while, Chiara's mom spoke...

"You might be wondering why we're gathered here today..." she said, sternly. "Um... I don't actually know, miss..." Ariel said, softly. "It seems that two people here have some problems in school..." Mrs. Rodriguez said. "But mom! That was an accident!" Chiara argued. "You can't prove that now! You two were caught..." Mrs. Santos said, angrily. "But mom! It wasn't our fault!" Adriel exclaimed. "I'm sorry... but your teacher already reported the both of you to us... and I must say... we're very disappointed in you two..." Mrs. Rodriguez said.

After that... there was silence... then Mrs. Santos spoke up...

"Now... we can't set you two free at once... I say you two require some punishments..." "Punishments?" Adriel asked. "Yes... Mrs. Santos and I agreed you two should be the ones to pay for the damage you've done..." Mrs. Rodriguez said. "What?! But those baritones! Aren't those very expensive?" Adriel asked in surprise, "we can't replace 7 baritones!?" Adriel exclaimed. "Yes you can... Find a job and earn the money for those you've broken..." Mrs. Rodriguez said as she headed out of the living room followed by Mrs. Santos.

"I still don't get it... what do they mean?" Ariel said, looking confused. "Haven't you heard? Chiara and Adriel got caught breaking the baritone shelf..." Patricia whispered to Ariel. "Oh... so that's why they never returned to the music room..." Ariel said, softly. "Great... what now?" Adriel said as he looked at Chiara who was looking out the window nearest to her.

"Chiara?" Ray softly asked as he sat beside her, waving his hand in front of her face, "Are you alright?" "Yeah... I'm fine...Anyway... we better do something with that punishment given to us... or else..." she said as she looked at Adriel thoughtfully. Adriel quickly said with a sigh as he stood up, "Okay! Okay! We'll toil under the heat of the sun..." "Um... who said you're going to work under the sun? Anyway, can we eat now? I'm quite hungry..." Ariel said as the others laughed, "What?! What did I do?" "Come on... let's get something to eat..." Gabriel said as the others followed him to the kitchen.

After a while...

"Well, we better go home now... my mom might get angry at me again..." Adriel said. "That's okay... good night..." Chiara said as Adriel and Ray left her house. "I'd better go too... Good night Chiara..." Ariel said as Chiara replied, "Good night, Ariel" And with that, Ariel left.

The next day... at Math...

"Chiara, Adriel... you are called by the principal... here are your hall passes..." the teacher said as Chiara and Adriel got their hall passes and then headed for the principal's office.

At the principal's office...

"Sorry to call both of you in such short notice... I see your parents gave you punishments..." the principal said as both of them nodded their heads. "Very well... according to Mr. Ray Santos... you two were asked by your parents to work for the broken baritones... is that true?" the principal asked as Adriel replied with a soft `yes'. "Hmm... well... if that's the case... then I could assign both of you to a job in school..." the principal said as Adriel quickly said, "In school?!". "Yes... Next week is election week... We need someone to decorate, to repaint the stage and clean the whole gym this Friday..." the principal said. "Um... only the two of us?" Chiara asked. "Yes... it's you two broke those baritones... But I'll allow you to get one person each to help you... If you finish doing all these before Monday... you won't take detention anymore..." the principal said as Adriel asked, "Um... what if we didn't finish it before Monday?" "Then you get detention plus a few more jobs around the school for a week..." the principal said as he looked at his watch. "Oh... I shouldn't have asked" Adriel said, rolling his eyes.

"Okay, I've got to go... I still have to go to a meeting at the teacher's lounge. You may head back to your classes..." the principal said as Adriel and Chiara left the office quietly.

"Well... that wasn't so bad..." Adriel said he and Chiara walked down the quiet hallway. "Yeah... but we're not out of it yet..." Chiara said as they reached their classroom.

English...

"Okay everyone... today; we'll be doing some simple sentence analyzing... I'll call some of you to analyze each sentence that I'm going to right on the board," the teachers said as Adriel and Chiara entered the classroom, "You're late...". "We're sorry ma'am... we just came from the principals' office..." Adriel explained. "It's alright... the principal told me..." the teacher replied, "Go back to your seats so we may begin our activity..." Adriel and Chiara quietly went back to their seats as the teacher explained their activity.

During Recess...

"So... how did it go?" Patricia asked Adriel as he sat down beside her. "Nothing really..." Adriel replied as he started devouring his spaghetti. "Hey..." Ray greeted as he sat down beside Adriel, "I heard the principal told you to fix up the gym for this coming election week..." "Well... you heard right..." Adriel mumbled as he started eating his dessert. "Have any of you seen Maria?" Rommel asked, sitting down beside Ray, "I can't seem to find her anywhere..." "Nope, why?" Ray replied. "Err... it's nothing really... well... I need to go now..." Rommel replied as he left the table. "He just got here and now he's leaving again..." Adriel sighed, drinking his soda. "He's so in love with Maria..." Patricia sighed, pulling Adriel's plate of spaghetti towards her. "Hey! That's mine!!!" Adriel exclaimed, getting back his plate of spaghetti.

"Okay, we're baking cakes for today!!!" Ms. Kathy, the Home Economics teacher, said as she partnered Chiara with Anne, "Pick your recipes and start baking. We'll taste your work before the period ends..."

"Listen, I'm just working with you so Ariel could forgive me, okay?!" Anne said, once the teacher was gone, "Let's just get going with this so I won't fail."