Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Outlaw Star Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Bounty Hunters, Outlaws, Pirates and Princesses ❯ No Light In Sight ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own these respective characters or settings. They belong to Pioneer, Sunrise/Bandi, and Fundimation.

Bounty Hunters, Outlaws, Princesses, and Pirates

Part Eight: No Light In Sight

By: Elf

Duo flinched as another volley of sparks flew out of Heero's implants and strait to his limbs. Heero glared and gave one of his angry grunts. Duo looked over at Hotaru, who merely said, "He's not a ship of a mobile suit. Just be careful."

"It's this piece of shit hack job that they did," Duo grumbled as he crossed wires.

Heero stated, "It's never given me any problems before."

"Well, you haven't been hanging out with Washu for the past year," Duo replied as he sorted through the mangled metal and wires underneath the plastic flesh.

Heero asked, "What haven't you done?"

"Fought an evil that's going to bring on the apocalypse," Duo answered flippantly as he crossed another set of wires. Heero was able to move his whole arm now, but the damage was too much.

Hotaru's face fell as she looked at Duo. Heero told her, "Duo's not brushing this off, trust me."

Hotaru nodded and said, "But you two don't know what Nine can do . . . I know Vegeta and Trunks can't die, but they don't know what she can do . . ."

Duo recognized the determined "The Hell With It" look that Heero got in his eyes. But Duo expected him to stand up, but Heero said, "Go. I'll be fine."

"Are you sure?" Hotaru asked.

Heero smirked and said, "Positive. My only regret is that I can't fight along side of you."

Duo frowned and replied, "I'm sure that . . ."

"As Hotaru said, I'm not a mobile suit or a space ship. You can't fix me, and as you said, these implants are shitty," Heero snapped at him.

Hotaru asked, "But are you sure? I don't want to leave you."

"They need us, baby," Duo said, locking eyes with his friend.

Hotaru gave Heero a thankful smile and Duo took her hand. She said, "I just hope I don't have to destroy a planet."

"Aw, we've got three Sayans who could do that on their own," Duo drawled out as they took flight.

******

The chamber opened, pooling cool gas everywhere. The young woman stumbled out of the chamber with a loud gasp of air, sucking in cultured air into her lungs. She was caught by a pair of strong arms. Not the strong arms she was hoping for, but a good pair none the less.

She looked up into the smiling face and huge black eyes. Her childhood friend said, "Better now?"

A blue haired woman scowled and snapped, "Hurry up, Nine's going to take over the galaxy if we're not careful and then Present Trunks is going to start blowing up planets because it's gonna be fun to him!"

"Ryoko, Vegeta's out there, don't worry. We've got some time," Goku said confidently, cradling the young woman in his arms, pushing her long hair out of her face. "Now, go wake up 17. I'm sure he will help," he added, pointing to the chamber that 17 was placed in. Ryoko growled and rolled her eyes at him before walking over to the android's chamber.

******

Vegeta was spending more time blasting the infernal feminine creatures that Mistress Nine was creating than fighting Chibi. Chibi was going on a rampage, slowly, enjoying the carnage in a way that made Vegeta flinch in both guilt and remembrance. The Shadow Wraiths kept coming, laughing their chilling laugh and causing as much damage as Chibi.

True, those idiot humans were doing their best, but he knew that Starwind's Caster was going to run out of shells and the Katarl-Katarl woman would wear out soon. The swordswoman that Yuy had been admiring was doing a decent job as well, but Vegeta knew that she would quickly fall, as well as the boy, Jim, trying to fry the Wraiths with some sort of laser.

He heard a fierce cry and looked over to see Trunks going strait for Chibi. 18 was beside him, battling off Wraiths as she went, heading toward Nine. She was planning to kill the body Nine inhabited as well as the pink haired wretch. Vegeta found the simplicity in her plan reassuring, but knew it would fail as well.

As much as the proud prince hated to admit it, they were over their heads. After a few Fatal Flashes, Big Bang Attacks, and Gallic Guns, he realized that all the damage he did, all the Shadow Wraiths, as he called the hateful females, he destroyed, Nine would keep coming. He could even do his Kamikaze Attack and it wouldn't hurt her. It wouldn't kill him or both Trunks, but the world around them would be nothing but ashes.

And Bulma, his dear, sweet Bulma in her slumber, would die as well. That he would not allow. He would think of something else. Anything. He would get through to Chibi. He had to.

Still, Nine was there, laughing, the universe already changing, life being drawn in this huge black hole behind her. People were getting sucked in as Vegeta ripped one of the Wraith's heads off with his bare hands. They bled, a dark, thick, blue ichor, but they still bled. He could save his energy to fight Nine. He was the most powerful here. Their last hope. He had to last.

He released the golden glow of the Super Sayan and tore through the Wraiths, literally. His gloves were soon dark blue from the viscous fluid that flowed through their veins. Until Chibi blocked his path.

"Move out of my way son before I move you out of it!" Vegeta bellowed, pointing at him.

Chibi only chuckled, spinning his sword skillfully. Trunks stopped, his blue eyes wide and unsure. Vegeta met his eyes, so much like his mother's, yet so much like his. "Dad, I'll be over there . . ." Trunks began.

"Shut up and go fight those bitches! You don't know what you're dealing with Trunks, just go!" Vegeta raged at his alternate son. Trunks nodded and took flight with the android. Then Vegeta turned to his true son.

"Aww, isn't that sweet, sending your favorite to his death," Chibi taunted.

Vegeta snapped, "So, how much power did that whore give you, or is it power that we're talking about?"

"Wouldn't you like to know, Vegeta," Chibi drawled with a manic grin.

Vegeta snarled, "No sex is worth it, and you're being dominated by a woman? I thought any son of mine, any heir to the Sayan throne, would be stronger than that. I guess I failed by you, Trunks."

"Yeah, your Golden Boy didn't even have you in his life and he's your favorite. I guess that says something about both you and Mom," Chibi snorted with a chuckle.

Vegeta glared. If his son could hit below the belt, then so could he. He snapped, "What would Pan say?"

Chibi charged at him with his sword drawn and a sharp scream. Vegeta smiled as he powered up to Super Sayan Level Three. He was surprised and shocked when Chibi, who couldn't reach level two on his own, only in a fusion with Goten, did the same. "Don't look so surprised, Veggie, I haven't even begun yet," he chuckled.

******

"Which bitch do you want?" 18 asked Trunks as they tore through the Shadow Wraiths. One was coming behind 18 when it was shattered by a blue dragon. Gene stood there, his red hair terribly mussed, holding his smoking Caster. He had a bleeding cut on his cheek, but he was still going.

"You're not hurting Mel," he gasped as he staggered to where they were hovering.

Trunks looked up at Mistress Nine standing there. She looked nothing like Melfina, more like an older, bustier, evil version of Hotaru actually. Her obscenely long black hair trailed about her like a wedding train and her violet eyes glowed maniacally as the life was being sucked into her portal. Things were growing dark all around, only their Super Sayan power was keeping it from becoming pitch black.

Trunks shouted, "The fate of the universe is at hand here and all you care about is your girlfriend!?"

Gene, a credit to the human species, snapped back, "I love her, damn you! I'll kill you with my bare hands if you touch her."

"Trunks?" 18 chuckled in disbelief, "Human, your way out of your league here."

Gene, in a way that reminded Trunks eerily of Duo, straitened up and squared his shoulders, "I'd find a way, mother fucker."

Trunks snapped, "18, we don't have time for this."

"Got you, cutie," she replied as she fazed out of sight. Trunks did the same, warping his speed to the very limit. The Wicked Lady appeared in front of 18 and a battle of magic and technology began.

Trunks stood there and looked Mistress Nine in her startling eyes and she laughed at him. He drew his sword and powered up. He shouted, "You're not going to end the universe! Not on my watch, lady!"

"Then try and stop me, Trunks," she cackled.

Trunks flew at her and snarled, "I will!"

******

Heero awoke to a bright light flashing in his eyes. It had grown very dark and somehow, even though he didn't believe in this sort of thing, lifeless. Quiet, still, stagnate. Death. Everything was just too dull yet too sharp so the best thing for him to do in his condition was sleep.

Then the golden light filled the room. At first he thought he was dying and realized that he wasn't injured enough or in enough pain to be. Then he recognized the familiar flare of the Super Sayan energy. He tried to stand up, not wanting Vegeta or even Trunks see him like this.

"Hey, buddy, don't hurt yourself," a kind, happy, cheerfully friendly male voice told him. Heero focused on the Super Sayan before him. It wasn't Trunks or Vegeta, or Chibi Trunks. He was much taller than Vegeta and bigger. His face wasn't as hard or focused as Vegeta and his eyes were rounder, more innocent looking. And he had a stupid grin on his face.

A small, pixie like girl with long, spiky pink hair and huge green eyes walked over to him. She said, "Sit down and let me see those limbs!" She was maniacally cheerful and Heero faintly recognized Washu: The Mad Scientist.

He reached for his gun. He wasn't about to let her touch him. Suddenly, the gun was swiped from his hand by not the Super Sayan, but a tall, curvy woman wearing a skimpy white dress that displayed her ample cleavage who had spiky hair similar to Washu's, but it was a pale blue. She twirled the gun in her slender finger tips, her topaz eyes glittering mischievously. She said, "Don't want you hurting anyone, do we, Heero?"

"Ah, Ryoko . . . Shouldn't we be out there, fighting?" a nervous whiny voice stated as a young man dressed in a brown shirt and a pair of jeans stepped from behind the Super Sayan. He was of Asian decent and had his black hair pulled back in a tiny ponytail. For some reason, Heero was reminded of Wufei.

Then, a young female voice stated, "Oh, he's cute." The presence of the Super Sayan didn't startle him. The presence of Washu only made him cautious. The last voice made him afraid.

Standing there in the glow of the Super Sayan's light was a teenage girl dressed in a red halter top, mini skirt, knee high boots and gloves. She had long blue hair that fell around her round face and huge blue eyes to match. She moved closer to him and smiled brightly. Heero backed up and wished that he had his gun. The mechanics in his arms and legs screamed at the usage, sending messages of pain through his brain, but he chose to ignore it.

Then he noticed how closely the girl looked to Bulma Briefs. And, speaking of the devil, the scientist and wife to Vegeta stood there, her blue hair pulled back into a pony tail and dressed in a white business suit. She frowned and looked around. She said, "We have a lot of work to do."

"You betcha! Now, I need some . . ." Washu began.

Bulma snapped, "You're going to listen to me. I need to get to my lab. We're giving you a full make over kid."

"I am Washu, the Galaxy's greatest scientist and you're going to listen to me," Washu replied cheerfully, "Now . . ."

Bulma shouted, "No, dammit! My husband and son, both versions, are out there fighting! We're going to make sure that they have a home to come to. Shut up and lets get him to Capsule Corps."

Heero watched, frightened of the girl looking at him with large blue eyes, curious of the two scientists fighting. Washu stated, "Are you going to stop me?"

Bulma turned around to the Super Sayan and said, "Goku."

"Got it Bulma," he stated in his ever cheerful voice. He lifted up the mad scientist over his shoulder and did the same with the woman with spiky hair. He asked, "What about him?"

The girl smiled and said, "I could fly him over." She fluttered long eye lashes at him. Heero reached for anything that could be used as a weapon. All he found was one of Duo's purple candles. He brandished it out, feeling a bit better.

Goku, the Super Sayan, shook his head and drawled, "Naw, Bra, I'm just going to teleport us all over there."

Bulma looked out the window. The sky now had red streaks in it. She said, "Well, Goku, you better hurry!"

******

Vegeta stood there, panting. His left arm was at an awkward angle, broken by Chibi's sword. Chibi stood there, in his dark armor, smirking fiercely. Vegeta wiped blood off of his lips and frowned. He had to power down. He could only keep Level Three for only half an hour before going back to his regular form. Chibi had been given extra power by Nine, cackling with power and confidence and arrogance and rage and hatred. He was dangerous, a time bomb that could not be killed.

Still, Vegeta wasn't going to give up. He floated up and took off at full speed. He heard Chibi snarl and follow him. If he had to, Vegeta was going to use the Kamikaze attack on his only son.

That was why tears fell down the proud prince's face.

******

Trunks was butchering Shadow Wraiths. His sword was coated in their blood and his face and clothes were splattered with it. Wicked Lady screamed as she was thrown back by 18. The android stood there, a wicked smile on her icy features. She motioned Wicked back over and stated, "I'm not done yet, bitch."

Mistress Nine stood there, more energy being sucked up into her black hole. Trunks looked around. The once proud and pristine buildings were nothing more than garish shells. There were no people running in fear and terror. The only ones left were the ones fighting.

Trunks watched as 18 gathered an energy ball to throw at Wicked Lady. Trunks smirked and flew up to Mistress Nine. Nine stood there, watching him. She said, "You failed. Give up, Trunks. It will be much easier."

"No," the Sayan half breed snarled, shaking blood off of his sword.

She pointed one long fingered hand at him. Black energy cackled and hit him. He powered up, his Super Sayan power combating her dark force. The two types of energy warred for a moment before Nine pulled hers back. She smiled and said, "Interesting."

"I'm not done yet," Trunks stated as he sheathed his sword. His hands moved rapidly, fingers forming a triangle. He had two schools of fighting: Gohan, who had learned from both Piccolo and Goku, and Vegeta. Each were different in their own manners and had their strengths and weakness. He didn't command the power that his father did, but then again, he didn't have his father's pride as a weakness.

Still, he had his own methods.

He fired the golden bolt of energy at Nine, expecting something. It shattered around her force shield of darkness harmlessly. Growling, Trunks powered up again, trying to gather more energy. Nine simply laughed as suddenly her hair moved and grew, shooting toward where 18 was beating Wicked Lady.

The tendrils wrapped around the petite blond. 18, not dangerous for nothing, screamed angrily and fired blasts of pink energy from her palms. Her blue eyes flashed angrily until the hair tightened around her, lifting her up.

Nine said, "18 can be destroyed. She isn't eternal like you, Trunks. I could rip her circuits out from her body and there would be nothing you can do about it." Her hair started to pull 18's limbs apart at an unnatural angle. The beautiful android screamed in pain as blood formed on her wrists and ankles.

Trunks heard something crack in her frame as another tendril of hair wrapped around 18's slender waist. She yanked back sharply, screaming in agony. Trunks stood there in horror as he watched 18's body being slowly ripped to pieces.

18 screamed sharply, her eyes widening as blood trickled from her mouth. Something broke in Trunks, seeing the once powerful android, someone he was once afraid of, being ripped asunder like that. The Sayan halfing growled as a protective rage formed over him. He drew his sword again and went charging to Nine.

He started slicing hair, freeing her from Nine's clutches. 18 fell forward into his arms. He caught her, holding her slight body close, inhaling the scent of her body warm and firm against his. Her arms wrapped weakly around his neck as she looked at him with her pale, icy eyes.

Trunks flew back quickly, dematerializing so that the hair couldn't grab him. He sliced at the strands with a free hand, cutting them to the ground. He sheathed his sword and held out his palm at the creature. He was about to fire when a familiar voice shouted, "Silent Glave Surprise!"

The crimson energy welled up between the hair and Trunks, disintegrating it. He turned around to see Saturn and Duo floating side by side. Heero wasn't there. Trunks wasn't about to question it though. He flew to them, 18 weakly watching.

Duo looked around. Only Gene Starwind was remaining of his group, but Trunks saw that he was running out of Caster shells. The Shadow Wraiths were spreading, catching anything that wasn't being sucked in by the black hole.

"Oh, fuck," was the only thing Duo could say.

Saturn looked at the black hole and frowned. She asked, "Where's Vegeta?"

Trunks tightened his hold on 18 as she laid her head down on his shoulder. He looked for his father and searched out for his Ki. He frowned when he found it weak while Chibi was growing stronger and stronger by the moment. He looked up to see Chibi and Vegeta still fighting, with Vegeta's left arm lying uselessly at his side.

Duo frowned and stated, "If we can get Nine out of Melfina's body, we'd be okay."

Hotaru ignored all of this and walked right up to Nine. Trunks watched as she spun her Glave, her long raven hair flying behind her. The two glared at each other defiantly when Hotaru finally smiled. Duo's face fell as he started running toward Hotaru.

"No! Don't do it! Please!" Duo shouted as Shadow Wraiths caught him and held onto him, forcing him to the ground.

18's hand lightly touched Trunks' cheek. His face flamed despite himself as he looked at her. She said, "Trunks, go after Nine. I'll keep the Wraiths at bay."

"Are you sure?" he asked her, his hand trailing through her blond hair despite himself. He found that her hair was remarkably soft and silky, like a human's hair.

She nodded, her icy blue eyes flashing with determination and anger. She said, "I owe the bitch. Go Trunks." He started to let her go, but she caught his shirt again. She fingered the cross that Duo had gave him. She said, "But first." Then her lips descended upon his.

He was shocked at the kiss, standing there like an idiot with his first crush. Which was sort of the truth. 18's hand guided his head closer, giving her better access with her soft lips. He was surprised how soft and warm she was as he finally kissed her back, grabbing a fistful of her hair as he held her.

She pulled away and he realized he was blushing furiously. "Don't get yourself killed," she warned.

He nodded and stated, "You too." She waved at him and he went flying to where Duo ran off.

******

Hotaru walked right to the black hole. She heard Duo shouting her name frantically, telling her to stop. She turned to look at her love again. He was pushing at the Wraiths, not even taking the time to cast the attack hexes and spells that she knew that he was capable of. His eyes were narrowed in frantic concentration as he screamed her name and reached for her.

She took in his long chestnut braid, swinging wildly behind him, his tall, broad frame, his gamine, beautiful face and huge violet eyes. She would never know the feel of his body. She would never know what it would be like to have him inside of her. She would never know that he loved her or not.

He shouted, "No! Hotaru!"

"Good bye, Duo," she told him, starting to walk in the hole. She was going to destroy it. That would weaken Nine and return Blue Haven back to its original state. Then they would be able to beat Nine. Besides, Hotaru would come back, be reborn. She just couldn't be with Duo.

And that broke her heart.

Tears formed at her eyes as she started to walk through it. Then she heard Duo scream, "No, Hotaru! I LOVE YOU!"

She turned back to see him again, the look of pure anguish in his face as he watched her. "I love you," she whispered before she walked into the darkness.

She lifted up her Glave and called upon her power. She spun it around as she called upon Saturn to help her. She felt the energy build as she shouted, "Death Reborn Revolution!"

All she felt was pain and all she heard was laughter. She felt the power leave her and the Glave dissolve from her hand. She screamed as the darkness formed chains around her, holding her still. Then she heard Nine's voice boom, "Did you think you could defeat me that easily, Hotaru?"

Hotaru felt tears sting her eyes as the darkness surrounded her. She heard Duo screaming frantically, angrily, heartbreakingly. Then she heard him cry out, "Not again! Not again, dammit! I won't lose the woman I love again!"

Finally, she blacked out.

******

Duo stood there where Mistress Nine was laughing. "Awww, Saturn's little fucktoy is having a temper tantrum. Sorry, cutie, but you didn't get to kiss your girlfriend good bye."

Duo turned to her, his eyes glowing. He stood there. There was one magic that he'd never called on before. The Forces of Darkness. Since there was no light and hardly any life left, which was what he drew his power from, his Wiccan and Druid abilities were useless. Still, Washu hadn't slacked off. He knew about the Dark Arts and had used them once and swore to himself never to use them again. The price was too much.

But he was going to turn Nine's blackness against her and get his Hotaru back. He lost Hilde. He wasn't going to lose his Dragonfly. He closed his eyes and held up his palms.

Darkness Beneath Me

Darkness Above Me

Death Surrounding Me

Death In Me

I call upon your aid.

"Shinigami give me your hand," he whispered, opening his eyes to face Nine as the windstorm of black power surrounded him. His braid flapped wildly behind him as he lifted his hand toward her.

He released the darkness and Nine caught it. She laughed as she threw it harmlessly up into the air, aiding her instead of harming her. Duo growled as he straitened up. So that didn't work. Well, there was still some fight left in him after all. She had released the God of Death and the bitch had Hell to pay.

He chuckled as he began to gather energy from anything, taking his will and dominating it. He chanted, "I call upon Death's hand . . ." He was fighting Darkness With Darkness and he didn't care. It was the only choice he had left.

Then he felt a hand on his shoulder. He spun around to see a Super Sayan, of all things, standing beside him. He was taller than Vegeta and his face was softer, more rounded. He was also bulker than Vegeta as well. He was dressed in a bright orange gi and a huge smile.

"You know there's an innocent girl in there," the Sayan chirped.

Duo frowned. He snapped, "The only Sayans left are Vegeta, Trunks and Trunks."

"Wrong again, buddy. I'm Goku," he said with a big, happy smile.

Duo shrugged and replied, "Doesn't matter. I'm going to stop her and save Hotaru."

"What would Hotaru say if she knew that you were willing to kill an innocent girl just to save her?" Goku asked him.

Duo answered, "Don't care."

"Yes you do. It will eat at your soul and drive you mad. Come with me, please," Goku pleaded gently.

Duo looked around and noticed that Chibi was still fighting Vegeta, but everyone else was gone. Even Gene and his crew. Even Trunks and 18. Duo turned around and asked, "Where the hell did they all go?"

"Some place safe enough for us to form a plan. Hotaru's trapped in there and she's slowing down the process. She's bought us some time, not as much as she originally planed, but some. So, let's use it and gather our thoughts back together. Please, Duo," Goku stated, holding out his hand, "Is this the right path that you're taking?"

Duo looked at the sincere Sayan then back at the black hole. He asked, "Will Hotaru be all right?"

"Nine can't kill her, if that's what you're asking. But will you want to live your life with her in fear and silence, Duo? I don't think you would," Goku answered.

Duo snapped, "What makes you think I wouldn't?"

"Oh, just some things that Heero and Ryoko and Washu and Trunks and . . ."

Duo held up his hand and sighed, "Got the point. Now what?"

"Give me your hand and we'll go get Vegeta," Goku cheerfully instructed, his aqua eyes sparkling. Duo did and they flew up to where Vegeta was fighting. Chibi's aqua eyes widened and Vegeta spun around.

"Kakkarot!?" he exclaimed, his eyes almost bulging out of his head.

Goku smirked and said, "Good to see you too, Vegeta. Trunks, I'm ashamed of you."

Chibi frowned and snapped, "Shut up, you idiot. I'll get rid of you too!"

"Not today, Trunks," Goku stated as he placed his two index fingers in front of his face as he grabbed Vegeta. In a blur they were gone. After Duo caught his breath, he realized that they were standing in an office, Capsule Corp. office no less, with Heero being worked on by Washu and a woman with long blue hair pulled back into a pony tail dressed in a white business suit.

Vegeta snapped, "Kakkarot, there was no need for you to . . ."

"Shut up Vegeta. I'd thought you'd be happy to see me," the blue haired woman stated, facing the Sayan prince.

Vegeta stood there, the energy slipping as his hair returned to black and his eyes an endless onyx. His mouth dropped open as he stuttered, "Bluma?"

To Be Continued!

Thanks to Dee-Chan for telling me Saturn's attacks! Thanks a bunch. Even though I realized when I've got three Super Sayans, three cyborgs (the androids are really cyborgs in definition), and Duo running around, Saturn's power wouldn't be needed much. Still, thanks for the knowledge.

Now, ain't it a bitch at where I ended this chapter? Vegeta and Bulma, my favorite couple on DBZ, and I'm going to get to write them. Yeppie! And Vegeta and Goku as well.

Actualy, if Goku seems OOC, I'm sorry. I can't capture him as well as I do Vegeta or Trunks because, well, I don't like him as much. He's cool, but he's not very complex. He's two dimensional in a world where characters like 18, Piccolo, Trunks, and Vegeta exist in. Goku's main purpose is to be the hero, nothing else. He has no internal conflics in himself, even though him almost blasting the Suprime Kai made me think him over a little more, and has no dark past to contend with as Vegeta and Piccolo do.

Now, I've got a new fanfic up called "Scythe Barer". I'd like you all to go check it out as well as a friend of mine's story called, "Rhythm Emotion". She's writing a novel for her senior project and needs feed back for her resarch paper. So, please, go read it. It's actualy a good read. Especialy if you like horror/supernatural stuff. And "Scythe Barer" falls into that catagory as well too. If you know me from my "A Shade Darker" work, I'm telling you, "Scythe Barer" is going to blow it out of the water.