Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Strange Trip ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

STRANGE TRIP

Part 5

After their morning search the team decided to have lunch together and discuss their findings. So far, all Heero was hearing was Duo sprouting platitudes of some strange girl he claimed to have met yesterday to Quatre. He also mentioned that he saw her while they were in China. It was fate the fool was saying. He couldn't believe someone could be so dense.

"I hope you right because she sounds like a spy, " Heero said interrupting their conversation.

"It's just a coincidence."

"What's her name," Quatre asked ignoring Heero as he glowered at them.

"I don't know yet, but I will. She's staying at this hotel," Duo confirmed.

Heero snorted at that comment and shook his head. "She was at the hotel in China too?" Heero interrupted again.

"No, I first saw her when Wufei and I went to the testing grounds. I think they might be related," Duo thought out loud.

"Did Wufei seem to know her?" Heero asked.

"I don't know," Duo admitted.

"Really, I thought you both went to the club," Quatre questioned.

"We did but we got separated, again," Duo said.

"Seems, your new partner can't stay by your side, " Heero said sarcastically and walked off.

"You know Quatre, he's been more ruder of late," Duo said as he watched the wing pilot leave their group and head to his room.

"Yes, I noticed. I believe it's because you and Wufei have been together more than usual," Quatre supplied. "Normally you tend to partner with Heero. I don't think Heero likes being the 5th wheel."

"You think he wants me around? Quatre, Heero is antisocial, ungrateful-"

"And he's very comfortable with you. You're around him more than anyone else. He only comes to talk to me because I'm the unofficial leader of our group and since Trowa isn't a conversationalist you can see where that's going."

"Yeah and Wufei is not a conversationalist either. In fact he's usually not around," Duo added thoughtfully. "So why is letting me near him?"

"Hmmm, I think coming to the site of his family's clan and knowing that he's the last led him to seek comfort in friendship. Duo you're very tolerant of even the most difficult people and that makes you very easy to approach."

"Thanks, well I hope you're right because there 's a little red hair girl I would love to have approach me," Duo said with a smirk.

"A girl that caught Duo's interest. I have to meet her. I only have one more school to check out this afternoon and then maybe later I could help you find her," Quatre suggested.

"Sounds like a plan," he agreed.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Wufei awoke to a pounding head. He glanced at the clock and saw that it was almost noon. Oh, I need a shower desperately. He got up and glanced at the mirror and froze. Looking back at him was a red head girl. I must have changed again, Wufei thought as he approached his reflection. Wufei stare in fascination at the rather pretty girl he had become. I hope a hot shower fixes this again, he prayed as he walked into the bathroom.

In the bed the covers move and a little black pig crept from underneath. Ryoga was still a little woozy and wasn't sure where he was. He glanced around and realized he was in a hotel room. He could hear the shower on in the bathroom. He slipped out of the bed and headed to the cracked door.

Someone was in the shower. Ryoga peeked into the bathroom and watched a girl with red hair dropped her towel. The little pig's eyes bugled at the sight displayed before him. Ryoga watched her step into the steamy water and suddenly became the young man from last night.

Oh, now it all made sense to him. That guy was also cursed. Wanting to speak with him and get back into his male form Ryoga push open the glass shower door.

Wufei saw the shower door slide open and was surprised to see the little black pig from yesterday walk into his shower. Suddenly the young man from last night was standing before him. The transformation startled him and Wufei shouted in alarm. Wufei yelled out and his shout startled Ryoga who also yelled. Both of them stopped yelling at the same time frowning at each other.

"You went to the cursed springs and fell into the spring of drowned girl like Ranma," Ryoga stated.

"I don't think that the springs are the cause of the transformation."

"Of course they are what else could it be."

"I actually believe there may be another factor but can we discuss it somewhere else," Wufei said trying vainly to keep looking Ryoga in the face only.

"Uh, oh, right."

Wufei stepped out and reached for a towel that he wrapped around his waist. He opened the bathroom door and came face to face with Heero. Ryoga was still nude behind him.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Heero was also making a plan. He planned to wring Duo's traitorous neck. Actually Heero did not grudge Wufei and Duo their friendship it was just that he was not use to being a fifth wheel. Naturally a social creature by nature Heero's antisocial behavior was strongly enforced while he was growing up. First by his guardian a professional assassin, next by Professor J-yet still deep down inside Heero really enjoyed companionship.

He was going to go his room. He needed to work on more information gathering. He had recruited the other pilots on this mission because he didn't want to be alone. It was easier to live an isolated life while he was in space but earth was different. With all the people around socializing it only made it painfully clear how miserable his existence could be. He was passing Wufei's room when heard a yell. It was almost afternoon Wufei could not possibly still be in there, with out a second thought Heero went in.

Heero tested the door and found that it was open. He stepped inside and quickly scanned the room. It was empty. The bathroom shower was running. Heero slowly walked up to the bathroom. As he reached for the doorknob, the door swung in and he came face to face with Wufei wet and wrapped in a towel. Heero looked behind him and saw a young man who blushed and reached for a towel.

"Wufei." Heero said through his shock.

Wufei watched Heero's dark blue eyes get as round as Duo's. He turned to see what Heero was looking at and watched Ryoga wrapped a towel around his waist. When he turned back Heero's face was unreadable.

"It's not what you think. We-"

"I didn't come here to find what it's not. I heard someone yell," Heero interrupted him.

"It was him," Wufei and Ryoga said at the same time. Wufei turned and glared at Ryoga. Since Ryoga didn't want to argue in front of a stranger he decided to introduce him self.

"Hi I'm Ryoga," he said stepping forward.

Heero ignored Ryoga. "We will talk later," he said as he narrowed his eyes at Wufei.

"No, we won't. I don't have anything to say to you. It's none of your business," Wufei shot back.

"I don't like surprises Wufei, you should know that," Heero said glancing coldly at Ryoga. Ryoga's face was red from Heero's deliberate insult.

"If you don't talk to me then I'll have to talk to him, your choice," Heero hissed ominously. He then turned and left.

"So he's another of your friends. The one from last night was much better," Ryoga told Wufei.

As Heero was leaving he heard that Ryoga's comment. He started to wonder if there was something he was not seeing in all this. He was stunned to find out that Wufei was gay. Was Duo also? And were they lovers? That would explain their sudden coziness. Truthfully Heero always suspected Quatre and Trowa were even though he never saw them do anything to prove it.

He must have been really shaken up at this turn of events because he had walked back towards the lobby and restaurant area instead of towards his room. There he saw Quatre and Trowa talking. Duo was nowhere in sight. They were standing rather close Heero noted. As he approached them he heard Quatre say, "so you don't mind if I go out with Duo."

"Your not the fickle type so I think it will do Duo some good to have your level head," Trowa answered.

"Thanks, now I know why I chose you as a-Heero I was hoping to see you," Quatre said noticing Heero's approach. "Duo and I are going to see if we can find this mystery woman. I'll keep in mind what you said also I asked Trowa to speak with Wufei about it. He seems to be able to talk with Wufei better than I. Of course Duo would have been a better choice but since it's about her Trowa will have to do."

"Hnnn-" Heero responded nodding his agreement. Everything Quatre said took on a different meaning. Quatre and Trowa looked at him puzzled for a moment then left. Dazed Heero flopped into a seat in the lobby. They're all gay but that can't be Duo claimed to like girls, maybe he likes both. Heero shook his head dumbfounded.