Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ The Goddess Who Changed Destiny ❯ Prologue- Interferance ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

Untitled

Prologue: Interference

Usagi frowned as she watched her reflection in the water. [Why must it be this way?]

"You're a worthless excuse for a human, Odango Atama!" Usagi closed her eyes tightly, trying to send the memory of Rei's voice to the back of her mind, but her efforts were in vain. Her concentration only revived more memories of the afternoon.

"I just don't love you any more, Odango!"

"That's the fourth detention in a row! When are you going to learn to study, Usagi no baka?"

"You're such a klutz! Can't you do anything right?"

"You're not fit to be the tsuki no hime!" The blonde opened her eyes and glared at her reflection once again. She put her hand on the water, distorting the image. [Why must it be this way,] she inquired again, tears collecting in her eyes.

~*~

The figure shook her head pityingly. [Why do the gods always make things hard on her,] she asked herself mentally. She looked down at her feline companion, who was also examining the images in the viewing pool.

"Selene, could we-" she began.

"No," the cat's sharp voice interrupted. The girl frowned.

"I didn't even ask you yet!" she exclaimed, tapping her staff on the ground for emphasis. The cat glared up at the blonde.

"You know we can't tamper with the gods' will, Sailorartemis!" Selene snapped. Artemis opened her mouth to say something, glaring at the feline indignantly. "Don't argue with me, young lady! You are not a full-fledged goddess yet! You can't tamper in mortals lives until you are!" The sailor senshi scowled at her companion, tapping her staff against the floor once again. This time, the heart that topped the staff glowed gold. Selene's eyes widened. "You wouldn't DA-mphrm!" The cat was interrupted by some of the golden light flowing from the heart and wrapping itself around Selene's mouth.

"Wouldn't I?" the teenaged goddess-in-training asked innocently. "Now…"

~*~

Hera frowned at the moon goddess. "Zeus…" she began. Her husband turned and glanced at what she was looking at. When he saw his daughter disappear from her domain and reappear on earth, he sighed.

"Let her be, Hera. For all we know, she could be right about this whole dimension thing. The mortal can be spared, for now." The queen of the gods nodded and smiled sweetly, but when her husband returned to whatever he was doing, she shot a glare at the demi-goddess she had been watching.

"Zeus may be lenient, child, but I'm not. I'm not through with you, Artemis."

~*~

"Don't cry, hime," a voice pleaded. Usagi gasped, her head snapping up. The voice belonged to a girl, maybe thirteen years old, two years younger than Usagi herself. The girl wore a gold sailor senshi fuku and carried a staff nearly twice as tall as its owner. A gold heart with silver wings topped the staff. The most unusual thing about the girl was the golden aura that surrounded her.

"Wh-who are you?" the princess asked, her voice wavering. The younger girl smiled warmly, her blue eyes shining.

"I am Sailorartemis, tsuki no megami," she said. Usagi's eyes widened.

"Y-You're a goddess?!" she yelped. Artemis looked uncomfortable, shifting her weight from one foot to another and back again.

"Not exactly," she began, looking down. "I won't be a qualified goddess for seven years, or until I can prove myself worthy of the title. Anyway, that doesn't matter. What does matter is that father and the other high gods are ruining your life." The demi-goddess paused to blow some of her blonde hair out of her eyes. "So I'm going to help you!" Artemis grinned cheerfully.

"Excuse me for being rude, Megami-sama, but how will you help me? I'll never be happy here!" the tsuki no hime demanded. Artemis smirked.

"Who said you had to stay in this dimension?" she asked slyly.

A/N: Yes, short, I know. Doesn't it just SUCK that FF.N got that age verification thing? Ah well! Thanx to Rowens_girl2001 and CA-chan (CelestiaAngel) for pre-reading! Ronin Warriors won't come in until the next part. Who should Usa-chan be with?

Ryo- 2 votes

Rowen- 1 vote

Sage- 0 votes (poor Sage-kun! ;_;)

Cye- 0 votes (I don't like that pairing much, NEhoo)

Kento- 0 votes (don't like that pairing either…)

Oh, and don't forget to read and review, you don't want to upset a goddess, after all! (Hehehe…)