Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Everyone Said They Weren't Meant To Be ❯ It's Begining To Look A Lot Like Christmas ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A/N: Alright. Before we begin. I'd like to say that Makoto and Minako can heal themselves in a week so, all of Makoto's wounds are gone with no scars, okay? They are Princesses but, don't know it and think that it's natural. Well, Enjoy Chapter 5!





Chapter 5
It's Begining To Look A Lot Like Christmas




It had been a week since they've been there. Two days till the Christmas party. Everything was looking beautiful. A tree was up and decorated. The house was decorated. Everything seemed perectly in order except for one thing. Makoto and Minako. They held all nighters and went to sleep from 3-4 hours each day. It was on this day that Duo placed up the mistle-toe. After placing the last of it up. He sat down under it looking for a certain someone (hint hint) to pass by him. There he saw her. Slowly making her way to the stairs. She looked at him with weary eyes but, still smiled. She sat down next to him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"I haven't seen you around lately," said Makoto looking up at him.

"Neither have I," replied Duo. Minako walked up the stairs and stood by Makoto.

"Yes?" asked Makoto.

"Come. It's time," said Minako with a smile. Makoto slowly stood up. Minako looked up at where they were sitting and smiled a little. Makoto slowly followed Minako down stairs to a room where Quatre was.

"What's this all about?" asked Makoto.

"Mako-chan. We need to check up on your wounds," said Quatre. She nodded and sat down. Quatre slowly removed the bandages and had this shocked look on his face.

"Quatre, is there something wrong?" asked Minako as he took off the last bandage.

"Miss Minako. Please come and take a look." She walked over there and smiled.

"Well Quatre. It looks like you've done a wonderful job! Man. That healed quickly. You've a life savior. I thought that there was going to be scarring too!" said Minako. She handed Makoto a mirror. She threw her arms around Quatre.

"Thank-you so much! You're so wonderful!" said Makoto.

"Your welcome," he said as questions went threw his head. They both walked out of the room and headed for the stairs, leaning on each other.

"Minako-chan, I'm going to go to sleep."

"Yeah," she yawned. "We both need it after all those late nighters." They seperated and went to there rooms where they quickly fell asleep.

"Heero. You should hook up with her. This is your only chance to love someone that digs you so much. Just give it a try," said Duo.

"Um," responded Heero.

"Fine. Then, at least one dance at the ball tomorrow night. Just one and then I won't bug you anymore about it," pleaded Duo.

"Fine."

"Well, this is the first time that I've ever seen Duo pleaded to Heero," said Wufei with a smirk.

"Shove it Wu-man." Duo then walked away and out the door.

"Wait a minute Maxwell," said Wufei walking after. He stopped and turned around.

"What?"

"Don't think about falling for that burnett. All she's going to do is get us into trouble. Plus, after the ball, they're staying with Relena," warned Wufei.

"What?! They can't stay with Relena. They'll miss Christmas for heaven sakes!" scowled Duo.

"That's the way things are here." smiled Wufei and then walked away.

'The problem is, I've already fallen. It's going to be hard for me to forget about that babe too,' grumbled Duo to himself and then walked away.... She changed after a long warm bath. It had been three hours since she had last fallen asleep. She just let her hair fall down plainly. She placed on some tight black pants, and a tight white thin strapped shirt. She placed on some black boots, and then walked out of her room and walked half way down the stairs. She sat down by Duo who looked glumy on the steps. She put an arm around his should gently.

"Duo, what's wrong?" she asked him.

"Nothing," he said flatly. She placed her fingers on his chain, and turn his head to look at her.

"Alright mister. I know there's something wrong and I'm going to find out one way or another. So, are you doing to spill it or," she thought for a minute. "I'll have to ask, uh, Wufei." His eyes widened all of a sudden.

"Everything's fine! I mean it! I was just thinking about something really deeply! I'm serious!" he said laughing. She raised her eye brow and then smiled.

"Okay. Tell me when Minako comes, okay?" she asked leaning on him and closing her eyes.

"Sure." She walked over and stood the top of the stairs. Her eyes filled with sadness as she looked upon the two. Wufei walked down the stairs slowly. He passed by without the slightest look. Duo felt her full body weight leaning against him.

'Why did this have to happen? If only she wasn't going to Relena's then everything out be fine. We could be, together. I wish things didn't have to end like this,' he thought to himself with a sigh. He never notice Minako sitting there until she placed a hand on his.

"Think I could talk to her for a moment alone?" asked Minako. Duo nodded.

"Makoto? Wake-up. Minako's here," he whispered to her. She slowly opened her eyes and sat up. He let go of her and then left down the stairs.

"Makoto, we need to talk," sighed Minako.

"Lets talk about this later. I really want to get to work on our you know what," smiled Makot standing up. Minako grabbed her wrist and pulled her down.

"It can't wait Makoto. We have to talk now," sighed Minako. She smiled and looked at her.

"What is it?" asked Makoto.

"We're going to the Sank Kingdom where we will be much safer from being found and we won't get them into any trouble as well. It's for the best Makoto. You understand, right? I'm sorry Makoto," sighed Minako with a hand on her shoulder. Makoto slowly stood up and started to walked down the stairs.

"I'm going to get some air. I'll be back later," said Makoto. Once she got to the bottom of the stairs, she ran outside. She went over a hill of sand and slid down it till she got to the bottom. There she just sat there lost in her own thoughts.

'Why is this hapening now? I found where I belonged and people that I could relate to, help. Help them defeat Oz. Soon, everything is going to be under control by Oz. I need to stay and help them. Help them defeat even if it means risking my own life to do so...' she thought to herself. A hand went on her shoulder. She looked up to look at Wufei standing there.

"It's for the best," started Wufei.

"Why?"

"You and Duo where never meant to be. Keep it that way. We don't need weak distractions around here. Heero agrees with me. We have things to do and you're placing us in danger," said Wufei and then walked away. She leaned her chin on her knees gently as her arms held them.

'I've never considered ever being with Duo. Well, he is cute, sweet, nice, everything that I could ever want in a man... Am I really falling for him? Do I really have this thing for him?' she thought to herself. A hand went on her shoulder gently. She turned to see Minako.

"Makoto. I'm sorry that I had to tell you this. I have to go too you know. Well, do you just want to finish the job tonight?" asked Minako.

"Yeah. That would be perfect," smiled Makoto and then walked with Minako into the building.


A/N: Well, I'll get the next chapter out as soon as possible!