Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ In Remembrance of Me ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

In Remembrance of Me-Chapter 2

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon and Gundam Wing, I own Titan and Rhea. (Who reads these anyway?)

Let the story begin!

Hotaru was patiently waiting in the café with Haruka and Michiru. She was drumming her fingers on the wooden table nervously and kept glancing around as well as looking out the window. Michiru sighed while Haruka groaned. Hotaru was up and awake at 4 in the morning because she couldn't sleep, and so she spent hours doing her hair, clothes, and makeup. "God," thought Haruka, " why couldn't she just stick with wearing one outfit?" And if that wasn't the least of their problems…Seiya decided to drop in as well. It was very lucky of him to be at the fast food restaurant buying hamburgers; otherwise he would have to face Haruka's wrath. Somehow, Hotaru had managed to convince Michiru to come with her, and so Seiya immediately showed up, therefore making Haruka go as well. It had been a while and Seiya had new interests in Michiru, and not so much in Usagi

When Hotaru couldn't take it anymore, she stood up and proclaimed, "I am going to McDonalds to check up on Seiya-chan. Just be on the lookout for boys my age…and my brother. I'll be right back okay, Ruka-chan?" "H-hai…" came her answer. So with that, Hotaru strode outside in search of her friend.

Meanwhile at the mansion…

"MAXWELL!!! GET BACK HERE! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MY KATANA?!" As Duo tried to avoid the wrath of the Wu-man, Quarte, Trowa, and Heero were waiting by the door. Quarte was clutching the letter tightly in his hand. "Please calm down Wulfei. We are going to be late if we don't leave now, and it is not very polite to show up late for an appointment, especially if someone else is buying you a meal." With the mention of food, Duo suddenly perked up and started to make a mad dash for the door, wanting to eat as soon as possible. Quarte sighed…it was going to be one of those days. When Wulfei, Quarte, Trowa, and Heero were putting on their shoes, (In Japan and China, taking off shoes when you are at home is a tradition.) Duo was jumping up and down screaming, "FOOD!!! I WANT FOOD!" When it seemed like even Quarte was going to explode on the young teen, Heero wordlessly pulled out his gun and pressed it to Duo's forehead. That immediately shut him up…and so began the walk to the restaurant.

At McDonalds

Seiya was having one of the hardest decisions in his life…either getting a cheeseburger or a hamburger. Just then, Hotaru popped up next to him and said, "Why not get a cheeseburger, and when you finally decide, you can just take the cheese out?" (A/N: yes, this may sound disgusting, but you have to know that Hotaru is in a rush, not thinking strait (because she is nervous), and wants to talk to Seiya.) After considering that option, The football player nodded and ordered his cheeseburger. As they waited for his order to arrive, Hotaru began talking to Seiya about Michiru and Haruka when two very familiar people entered the fast food restaurant.

Rhea nudged her partner when she felt her princess's aurora nearby. Titan nodded and they walked into McDonalds, finding a shocked star fighter. "Mr. Kou, it is a pleasure to meet you. Saturn-hime has told us about all those times that you protected her from the bullies at school and from her hormone driven dates." At that, Seiya mentioned that Hotaru was like a sister to him, so he felt responsible for her well being. The protector and the guardian nodded. They whispered a few words to the soldier of destruction and rebirth and left. Hotaru got up and pulled Seiya up with her as she whispered, "They're here." Quickly Seiya opened the door for Hotaru and they began to walk briskly towards the small corner restaurant.

Haruka and Michiru were arguing on whether or not Hotaru would be safe with her brother's friends. Michiru's argument was that Haruka didn't even know who the boys were yet, while Haruka's was that she didn't want to give them a chance to hurt their little firefly. As if on cue, five boys waltzed into the shop. Well, actually, one ran in, one stomped in, and the other 3 strode in. Quarte looked around the restaurant. He was not very surprised to see that there were only two people other than themselves in the room, for this restaurant was known for their expensive food…their very expensive food.

Trowa looked at the two people in the room, one had short, sandy blonde hair while the other had aquamarine hair that went slightly past her shoulders. The blonde one eyed them suspiciously, until he saw Duo. Somehow, he was more relaxed…but that didn't stop him from glaring at them. The other one welcomed them with warm smiles, and stood up to great them. To his amusement, the blonde one refused to stand up, and only did when she elbowed him. "Hello! You must be Hota-chan's friends. She isn't here right now, but she will be soon, so why don't you sit down?" Quarte bowed politely before replying, "Thank you." However, the group felt strangely out of place and did not make any intentions of sitting down, especially near the blonde man. (A/N: they think that Haruka is a guy, lol…hey, so did I!) Luckily for the pilots, Titan and Rhea choose to enter the restaurant at that exact same moment. Striding towards the large group, the members of the royal court recognized some of the room's inhabitants. The black haired man nodded to each person as he acknowledged each person when his partner said, "Greetings Neptune, Uranus, and Prince." This aroused further questions, and the guardian received quite a few curious looks. The quiet tinkle of a bell announced yet more people entering the restaurant. All heads turned towards the newcomers.

Hotaru blushed a bit as she felt everyone's eyes on her and slowly walked over to the table glad of the support that Seiya gave her. In truth, Seiya was very distrusting of the five males, and put an arm around Hotaru's shoulders, just to let them know that he wouldn't let anything happen to her. When they reached the table, Seiya smiled kindly towards Michiru, who returned the smile, but froze when he saw Haruka. "KOU!!! WHAT IN URANUS'S NAME ARE YOU DOING HERE! GET YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF TARU-CHAN!" Seiya winced at the yelling but turned to Hotaru asking, "Why didn't you tell me that the racer freak was here?" Everyone braced themselves for another loud outburst from Haruka regarding the name that Seiya had called her. But, before anyone could say anything, the waiter came in.

The seating arrangement took awhile to figure out, because of Seiya and Haruka. Hotaru was the first to sit down, and Michiru promptly sat herself to the right of Hotaru. Haruka savagely fought for the seat next to her, and so Seiya sat at the left of Hotaru, ready to protect her from harm. Titan and Rhea sat themselves at a small booth nearby, so that they could listen in and not be in the way of their beloved princess. None of the boys wanted to sit next to Seiya or Haruka, but they knew they would be rude if they showed their dislike towards the two. Eventually, Quarte sat next to Seiya, who got the impression that he was too polite and too much of a gentleman to do anything horrible to Hotaru. Haruka saw Duo and motioned him to sit next to her. As Duo timidly sat in the seat, Haruka playfully punched him in the shoulder and said, "Duo, my man! How have you been doing?" Clearly not used to the "kind" side of Haruka, Duo just stared blankly at her. Haruka blinked when she got no response and then turned to Michiru whispering, "This kid has gone whack…has he been doing drugs? What happened to the quick-witted Shinigami?" At Haruka's comment, Michiru glared at her and elbowed her in the ribs. Seiya smirked.

Hotaru groaned. This was nothing like what she wanted it to be. All she wanted was to talk to her brother and get to know his friends, not to mention settling Haruka's fears about the boys. However, this was turning into a nightmare. The group was strangely silent, as no one knew what to say. Thankfully, the food arrived and everyone got in a better mood as the aroma of his or her Lunch filled the air. Duo licked his lips in anticipation. Haruka, noticing this, let out a big sigh of relief. The Shinigami that she knew was a bottomless pit when it came to food. When the shrimp landed on the table, Duo hastily took the large serving spoon and heaped great amounts onto his plate, along with the other dishes. Hotaru noted Duo's behavior and a small smile graced her face as she remembered eating with her brother a long time ago…

Quarte watched in shock as Duo literally inhaled half of everything on the table. He gulped, hoping that his comrade's poor eating manners did not offend his hosts. To everyone's surprise, Michiru was slightly amused, Haruka was grinning from ear to ear, and even Hotaru had a small smile on her face as they watched Duo stuff himself. Noting how often Duo kept going back for the lobsters, Haruka said, "You like those?" As Duo nodded his head rapidly Haruka signaled the waiter. Soon, the waiter came out with another large plateful of lobsters. Duo looked like he had hearts in his eyes and kept saying, "Thank you!"

To everyone's surprise, Wulfei did not make a single insult to Duo, and Heero knew why. There was a special order of Chinese soups and noodles, and Wufei's mouth was so full from the food that he couldn't talk because Wulfei constantly kept eating. Heero ate his sushi and soba quietly, occasionally stealing a glance at Hotaru. Seiya, Haruka, and Titan made a mental note of this and continued glaring at him. Heero, however, was oblivious to their looks of hatred because he couldn't get a certain firefly out of his mind.

When everyone started slowing down his or her pace of eating, Duo patted his stomach saying, "Boy am I full!" When Haruka looked at him strangely, he added on, "but I could sure use a dessert!" Seeing the satisfied look on her face, Duo made a mental note to eat A LOT whenever he was around her. However, this did not prevent Wulfei from muttering, "Stupid braided-baka who doesn't know when to stop eating." Unfortunately, several people heard this and he got several reactions. Titan just raised an eyebrow, Quarte sent him a begging look that said, "Please apologize before we anger our hosts," Seiya turned his head towards Wulfei sharply and glared, Michiru frowned, Hotaru had a blank look on her face, and Haruka jumped out of her chair.

Judging by the reactions, Trowa concluded that Wulfei did not say the wisest thing in the world. In the next second, Haruka had shoved Wulfei against the wall and had a hand around his neck. Before Haruka could continue strangling Wulfei, Hotaru had fallen out of her seat and had started to shake violently. Seiya, Michiru, Haruka, Rhea, and Titan immediately recognized the symptoms and ran over to help their friend. Heero glared at Wulfei who was panting on the ground, gasping for breath. His lecture would come later. Haruka looked back for a split second and spotted Wulfei. "You had better thank Hotaru for saving your butt when she gets better." She spat at him. Rhea frantically searched the area, and then she grabbed a glass cup. To the pilot's surprise, she smashed the cup on the table, and then drew from the destruction of the glass a small amount of energy and gave it to Hotaru. Hotaru immediately stabilized and then sat back in her chair, with the worried glances of her friends following her every movement.

Wulfei, at the moment, was having his IQ at an all time low, and said, "Weak Onna." Beep wrong thing to say. Michiru walked over and slapped him, Seiya punched him, Rhea glared fiercely at him, Titan kicked him, and Heero pulled out his gun saying, "Omae o korusu." However, Heero didn't have enough time to pull the trigger for something made the ground shake violently and forced the ground to split, sending Wulfei crashing into the wall. All heads turned to the direction to see Haruka, fuming. Michiru gave Haruka a disapproving glance, but it was ignored, due to the fact that Haruka was mad beyond all reason. Walking up to where Wulfei lay crumpled, Haruka squatted down and demanded, "Why do you think that Hota-chan is weak?" "Because all women are weak." At that, Haruka tried to steady her breathing before saying; "Do you think I am weak?" "No." Suddenly Haruka broke out in an evil grin. "Well I got news for you buddy…I'm a girl." Wulfei's eyes shot open and he said, "WHAT?" Closing her eyes and hoping that Haruka wouldn't do anything dramatic, Michiru winced at what was about to happen. She breathed a sigh of relief when Haruka just said, "Better believe it, and you better start getting your act together soon, because this wont be the last time you'll see my face. With that, Haruka sent him another ground tremor and Wulfei was knocked unconscious. No one tried to stop Haruka from leaving. They knew that she was heading off to the racetrack to burn off her anger using her motorcycle.

Hotaru placed a hand on Neptune's shoulder. She knew what she had to do. The senshi of tides and water formed a small ball of water in her hand, before dropping it on Wulfei's face. Seiya knew that she really wanted to chug the ball of water at his face, but she wouldn't let her negative emotions get in the way. When Wulfei still did not stir, Hotaru sighed. "You don't have to if you don't want to, princess." A light voice said. Hotaru turned to Rhea. "Ah, but I must." With that, Hotaru leaned forward and placed both of her hands on his chest and concentrated. When Wulfei began to stir, Hotaru felt light and dizzy. She was lucky that someone caught her before she fell backwards.

That someone was Heero.

Author's notes: I am really sorry if you didn't like this chapter as much as you would have liked. It surprised me because I didn't expect it to turn out this way. Also, I feel as if there is not enough response coming from the pilots, and whenever there is, there is too much. Please do not flame me, I know my mistakes, and I promise you the next chapter will be WORTH THE WAIT! I am so serious, if you liked the first chapter of this story, multiply that by 10 and you get the next chapter. Thank you for reading this!

If Heero seems a bit out of character, sorry! I'm debating on whether or not to show the deadly, stoic side of Hotaru, or to keep her light hearted.