Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Love Under Crisis ❯ And So It Begins ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Konnichiwa, minna-san! This is just a teaser for a fic I'm thinking of starting, because of the anniversary of well... 9/11.

Ok, so this is basically set in present day US, after September 11, but some of the people will be different. Just to tell you guys, this is a possible "real" case scenario. The US has a squad that deals with this, and they released a story (from which I based this fic on) to Reader's Digest, giving a fiction scenario of what really could happened. Whether this has happened truly or not has not been released to the public.

****************************************************************

It could happen. Anytime. Ever since tensions arose between the US and the Middle East. 9/11 was not the only attack, perhaps even several attempts had been made, both before and after the Twin Towers' collapse. Just none have succeeded... yet.

This is thanks to a branch of the Preventors, the US home defense system. Much of the Preventors is at home, but some is outside. Headed by the strong-minded Colonel Une, the President's most trusted advisor as she was second only to the Attorney General of the US military, the Preventors was made into 3 branches. Regular defense, including both parts of the FBI, and police, was overseen by Preventor Fire. However, her job was a little different from just regular police work... But that's impertinent to this tale, as is concerns the second and mostly the third branches. Undercover infiltration (aka spying) was overseen by Preventor Wind; he had his little spies all over the world. So far, none had been detected.

The last group, entirely made up of volunteers, was under Preventor Water. This group was entirely secret, only they knew about it, as well as other select members of the Preventors. You could call it the bomb squad or whatever. This was the real part of the PREVENTors. They're the ones doing top secret investigations BEFORE anything happens, and hopefully stopping whatever happens.

~*~

<<Preventor Wind, sir?>>

<<Yes?>>

<<This is Prophet and Clown speaking, sir. We're part of the team in Palestine. We got a lead. A dirty bomb is planted somewhere within Chicago.>>

<<Any other details?>>

<<No sir. Just that there's a dirty bomb planted in Chicago. We don't even know where inside or when it will be detonated.>>

<<Very well. Good job men. Disappear for a while. Even fall back. We can't have you endangering your lives when you already did your job.>>

<<What?>>

<<You heard me. Do a little disappearing act.>>

<<But sir! I'm the owner of one of the most important businesses in the Islamic world! I can't just disappear!>>

<<Take a vacation. Be sensible, you could become a target.>>

<<Yes sir.>>


Wind sighed and hung up, brushing his long white bangs out of his clear light blue eyes. "Those boys... our best spies... I can't believe it... our best members are so young..."

~*~

"Trowa!! I can't just leave work! Then everyone will know!"

"Quatre, Wind is right. We should take a break. A small vacation wouldn't hurt. You've got a company on your back as well as this job," the tall boy responded.

"Trowa... where would we go?"

"Where else? Back to Saudi. If the Al Quida or who-knows-what-else catches word that we're not part of them, then at least in Saudi well have Maganacs to back us up. Not all Muslims are against the US, you and your team of contacts are proof of that," Trowa soothed.

"Oh Trowa... why can't all races just live together in peace?" Quatre murmured.

"You're the only Muslim I've heard to ever say that..." Trowa muttered. "Figures my partner would be a pacifist..."

"By Allah! At least I'm still fighting for Home!" Quatre said indignantly.

"So you are little one. So you are. Now, will you fight your way to get us a vacation back to Saudi?" Trowa asked, slightly amused by his partner's anitics.

"Hmph!"

Trowa shook is head as he watched the blond boy walk out. It was a good thing no one knew about their secret...

~*~

Usagi Tsukino was working late at her lab in Livermore, California. Unlike most of the people on the Bomb Squad, she actually did work with explosives. Someone working at the lab was an engineer in explosives, creating bombs that could be analyzed at taken apart. That person had invented quite a few creative ways to model explosives, and so far, only she, Usagi Tsukino, had managed to neutralized all the bombs. The team at the lab worked on a bomb project with the CIA, creating and disassembling bombs and loading their techniques on the the database. Should a terrorist try to plant a bomb in the US, the CIA would have along list of methods to disarm the bomb.

Suddenly, as she passed at young man in the hallway, when the theme song to "Mission Impossible" rang through the air conditioned air. Both of the scientists checked their pagers. "It's mine," they said at the same time. Apparently they had the same tunes.

"Hn," the boy said, running a hand through his unruly chocolate colored hair.

"..." Outside, she appeared calm, but inside, she was excited and nervous at the same time. That was Preventor Water who paged her.

Something was up.

**************************************************************** ********

I know this was kind of short, but I wanted to get it out today in honor of the anniversary. Tell me what you think of it and whether or not I should continue it.

And read my other fic, Gundam Wing Rewritten!