Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Love Under Crisis ❯ Preventors ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay! Chapter 1 is here!

Special thanks to:

Meio-chan: SHHHH!!! Ane-chan!!! Don't you dare spoil it!!!!!!

Anne: : ) I'm glad you like it!

Li-chan: I'm hoping this is interesting... I'm trying to keep mine as unique as possible...

Dreamertwin: Just you wait and see what happens!! *hint* *hint* Usa's not the only SM character I'm thinking of throwing in... If you look carefully you might see a clue...

Lady Light: Just keep on reading and you'll see what happens... I'm not spoiling any part of my fic!! : )

**************************************************************** ****************

"Are you sure?" Preventor Water asked, fiddling with one of her braids.

"Sally, when was I not sure? You know what position Quatre and Trowa are in. Of course I'm sure. Dirty bomb, Chicago, unknown time. That's it!" Chang Wufei, second in command of Preventor Wind, repeated.

"All right. Give out searches in pairs, shifts around-the-clock, maybe 10-hours to 8-hours. Start with hi-profile areas, stadiums, Sears Towers, the Aon Center, then spread out from there," Sally instructed. "Don't forget the Starlight concert. Heard it was going to be a hit."

"Covert?" Wufei asked.

"Covert, as usual. Don't want to alert the terrorists if they are still hanging around. Or alarm the public. We won't inform the mayor until more concrete information is found."

"Understood!" Sally smirked at Wufei's obediance. Zechs had sent a letter with the boy, announcing that the Chinese fighter would be at her disposal during this crisis. Originally, Wufei had signed up to work under Preventor Fire, but backed off once he found out that Preventor Fire was a woman, and immediately headed for Zechs, the only male leader in the Preventors. Ha, serves his sexist bombastic ass right!

"Okay then, let's get going."

~*~

Usagi was amazed when she saw the same man she had bumped into at work on the Preventor jet. "You're working with the Preventors too?" she asked him when she caught his eye.

He gave a curt nod. "Hiiro Yui."

"Usagi Tsukino."

"So you're the one who keeps disarming my bombs."

"You're the one who built them? You did a great job! I've had the hardest sweats working on the last one."

He gave a little smirk as they sat down next to each other. "I try to make them harder and harder."

"Hopefully whatever we're dealing with won't be as bad as yours."

"My creations were conventional bombs. We have no clue as to what kind of bomb we're dealing with. That alters the circumstances entirely."

"It's a dirty bomb, but the radio-active material is unknown. Hell, they don't even know where it is."

"And how would you know?" Hiiro questioned.

"Connections. Common sense. My half-brother was the one who alerted the Preventors in the first place. He's on the spy team in the Middle East. Besides, would they alert the entire team if they knew where the bomb was?" I asked, indicating to the rather full jet.

"Point taken. Better get some sleep then. From what you're saying, going to be a 24-hour search in shifts. Don't want to be caught sleeping on duty."

Nodding, Usagi leaned back into her seat and tried to sleep. Hiiro mimicked her motions. But by the time Usagi actually was asleep, her head had slipped onto a more comfortable position on Hiiro's shoulder.

~*~

Usagi woke with a start when the flight attendant annouced the arrival in Chicago and Hiiro was gently nudging her. Blushing from the position she was in, she muttered an apology for using him as a pillow. Hiiro just shrugged it off. As they disembarked, Preventor Chang was out there, pairing the Preventors up. Seeing as they had gotten off the plane together, he pondered on pairing them up. Originally, he was going to partner up with his old companion Yui, but his job was different from the task set for the Bomb Squad.

"Hey, Yui? You all right being paired up with a weak onna?" Wufei asked.

Usagi nearly lost control of herself when she heard that remark. Sticking a hand out, she introduced herself, "My name is Usagi Tsukino, not weak onna."

"All onnas are weak, which means so are you," Wufei announced arrogantly.

"Wufei, are you harrassing my agents?" a sharp voice range out.

Usagi gasped, recognizing the badge on the Preventor uniform. "Preventor Une, ma'am!"

"I am not harrassing your agents, Une, I am merely stating the truth," Wufei snapped.

"Don't make me set you to dirty work, Chang," Preventor Sally said crossing her arms, a smirk on her face.

"..." Wufei glared, turning a bit red.

"Miss Tsukino, I'm Preventor Water, otherwise known as Sally Po. It's nice to meet you finally," the woman greeted warmly.

"I'm astonished that I'm finding myself in such important company," Usagi said, blushing slightly as she shook hands with her employer.

"Well, honestly, from reports I'd heard from Yui, here, I knew I had to meet you," Sally responded.

"Oh, you mean my job," Usagi said, nodding. "I suppose my occupation will be a bit useful in this mission."

"A bit useful? That's a bit of an understatement babe," a new voice cheerfully cut in. "Hey Wu-man, Hii-man, Une, Sally."

If Wufei hadn't been mad before when Sally and Une berated him, he was now. "MAXWELL!! DON'T CALL ME THAT!" and the infamous Wufei-chase-Duo act rampaged through the airport.

Usagi raised an eyebrow, and Hiiro suddenly felt like he wanted to disappear. "I'm assuming that you have the ablilty to find the oddest company in the world?" she teased him.

"It's not like I was looking for them... they found me..." Hiiro groaned. Usagi couldn't help but laugh. Hiiro suddenly decided he liked that laugh; it sounded sweeter than delicate bells in the wind.

"Ummm, Preventor Une, ma'am?" Usagi addressed the woman tentatively. "Is my brother Quatre okay? I mean, he was the one to tip us off and everything..."

Une gave a start. "Are you Quatre Winner's sister? But... I thought he had only elder sisters."

"He's my half-brother, we're related through our fathers... my mother is of Japanese descent... The press really never got wind of their clandestine relationship till it was too late..."

Une gave an understanding nod, still saddened, too, by the day when the elder Winner and his 3 eldest daughters died in a terrorist attack in Israel. That's why Quatre and Usagi spent so much of their time working against terror. "He's fine. Prophet and Clown have returned to Saudi Arabia." Usagi gave a small sigh of relief.

"So the babe knows Q-man?" that cheery voice was back again. "How come Quatre never told me that he had such a hot sister?" the boy asked, throwing a wink. Usagi blushed. He was wearing mainly all black, and had his chocolate hair in a long braid to his knees.

"How did you get rid of Chang?" Hiiro asked, slightly annoyed for some reason at his friend's actions towards Usagi. 'What is going on with me? Why should I care if the baka flirts with Usagi?!'

"Don't you have faith in me and my skills?" the boy whined.

From the looks on Une, Sally, and Hiiro's faces, no.

"Fine, a security guard stopped Wufei because he waving around his sword, a potential terrorist weapon."

Usagi gave a bright laugh. "Serve's him right! But he's going to be back soon, with his badge and all, even if he was using his sword in the wrong way."

Duo stuck out a hand. "Well babe, I might as well introduce myself before he comes back. Name's Duo Maxwell. I may run, I may hide, but I never tell a lie. That's me in a nutshell."

"Nut indeed," Hiiro muttered under his breath, but loud enough for Usagi to her.

She burst into another fit of giggles. "Usagi Tsukino. I'm Quatre's little half-sister."

"You wanna go on a date tonight, Usa?" Duo asked, scanning her body appreciatively. Usagi blushed.

"I don't think Quatre's would appreciate that," Sally cut in, amused.

"Besides, didn't Noin send you here on a mission?" Hiiro said, stressing the "mission" part.

"Oh, right. Sa... doesn't mean I can't go out though... or does it...?" Duo asked, sweatdropping.

"Duo..." Hiiro growled. "You'd better run..."

"Why?" Usagi and Duo asked at the same time.

"Because Wufei's back," Lady Une said, laughing at a dark blur with a silver glint (the sword) fell upon the braided boy.

"NOT THE BRAID!!" Duo wailed from underneath the infuriated Chinese dragon.

"Wufei!" Sally barked.

"What?" Wufei immediately responded.

"Put that damn sword of yours away!"

Wufei sent Duo a dark look but returned his sword to the sheath strapped to his back..

"What are you still doing with that sword anyways?" a new voice inquired.

Duo immediately stood to attention, recognizing his superior's voice. "Preventor Noin, ma'am!"

"Still taking orders from a weak woman?" Wufei said disdainfully.

"Well, Sally's your superior too, ya know," Duo retorted.

"Indeed I am, and as your superior, I order you to not use your sword on Duo during the duration of this crisis," Sally ordered, smirking.

Usagi was simply amazed. These were the US most important defense leaders, and here they were joking with a couple of youths?

"What's the matter, miss? You seem kind of dazed," the kind voice of Preventor Fire inquired.

Usagi blushed. "It's nothing. I just didn't realize the heads of the Preventors would be this... normal..."

"Oh trust me, we're as abnormal as we can get," Noin said wryly.

"That's an understatement," Hiiro muttered. He suddenly stiffed. 'If Noin is here then...'

"Hiiro!!" a chirpy voice yelled.

Usagi looked at the approaching woman curiously, feeling Hiiro step behind her...as if to hide from her...? "Hiiro...?"

Hiiro gave a groan as the woman gave him a hug. "Relena..."

"I missed you so much Hiiro! I'm so glad you came back to Chicago!" the woman continued.

"Relena," Une greeted. "Are you sure you should be here? It's quite dangerous."

Relena let go of Hiiro. "It's never dangerous when Hiiro's here to protect me."

"Oh really? From where we work, he's got the reputation as the next US terrorist," Usagi joked. "My name's Usagi Tsukino," she said, sticking out her hand.

"Relena Dorlian," the sandy-blond haired girl respond, shaking the offered hand. "How do you know Hiiro?"

"We work together in Cal..." she paused as Hiiro gently kicked her. 'Wha...? Why won't he let me say we work in California...?' "What I meant to say was that we work together in calculating the damages of bombs."

"I make the bombs, she dismantles them," explained Hiiro.

"Well then," Duo said winking, throwing an arm across Wufei's shoulder, "that's means me and Wufei will be partners while Usa and Hiiro partner up. They'd make the perfect team, wouldn't they?"

Sally nodded. "That's true. When the bomb is found, we'd have to locate them anyway; they are on the dismantling squad."

"But...! What about me? Isn't Hiiro my bodyguard?" Relena demanded.

"Onna," Wufei spat disgustedly, "Noin is your bodyguard. Be happy with that."

"But I want Hiiro to be my bodyguard!" Relena declared, turning to Noin.

"Sorry Relena," Noin shrugged sheepishly. "He's not in my division anymore."

"Miss Relena," Lady Une gently said, "Hiiro's skills would best be put to use in the search for the bomb. He is no longer in Preventor Noin's power to assign him bodyguard missions. It is only for Sally to decide."

"Sally!" Relena protested.

"Sorry, Relena. But Hiiro expressively informed me that he would like to be searching for this bomb alone."

"Well then, he said, alone, didn't he?" Relena said glaring and Usagi.

"Awww, Hiiro, you don't mind me working with you on this one, do you?" Usagi asked sweetly.

Hiiro looked down into Usagi's cerulean eyes and shook his head. "It's fine." Usagi smiled.

Relena scowled.

"Well then, let's get going," Lady Une instructed.

"Hiiro, you and Usagi will be searching on foot first shift. Wufei, Duo, take it to the skies with the helicopter crews. The Zero System should be able to detect any sign of uranium or plutonium." They nodded and departed.

Relena's eyes softened as she watched Hiiro walk away. 'You've had such a horrible past. Just as long as you're happy, I'm fine with whoever you choose. But I'll still fight and wish it was me.'

**************************************************************** *******************************

REVIEW!!! Tell me how I'm doing!