Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Message in a Bottle ❯ Friends ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer - I do not own Sailor Moon and Gundam Wing.

Author: This is another Ami-based story…^_^ The idea for this came to me while driving from a doctor's office when I heard a song, I think by the Police, called Message in a Bottle. I am trying to finish my other stories, but Megaera, Tisiphone and Alecto are starting to bother me…

Tisiphone: Mortal, we do not just bother you…

Alecto: We bother the HELL out of you…*grins*

Megaera: And we get you to write stories…*cackles*

Author: *sweatdrops* Well…now on to the story.

Message in a Bottle

Chapter 2 - Friends

Previously…

Ami sighed heavily and looked up at her ceiling. "Alright, Miss Po. Where and when?"

"Arrive at the Peacecraft Academy around six tonight at Princess Relena's office."

"Okay, I'll be there."

Ami sighed once more as she went into her room and began to change into a pair of grey slacks and a deep blue turtleneck chenille sweater. She then slipped on a pair of black leather loafers and then glanced at the wall clock. It was now 5 pm. She thought that she better leave now if she wants to make it to that school.

Now…

Ami picked up her keys and was about to walk out her front door when something seemed to call her to the beach once more. She walked out to her back patio and looked out onto the calm sea. She was about to turn away and leave when something shiny caught her eye. Curious, she walked out onto the sand and down to the shoreline to the glittering object. Her eyes went wide momentarily when she realized that it was yet another bottle. She carefully picked up the glass object and saw that there was another piece of paper inside of it.

Quickly, Ami went back inside her home and pulled on the cork in order to get the paper. She smiled softly as she recognized the handwriting; it was the same writing. She began reading it eagerly.

AC 198 - February 16

It's been a year since I last wrote a message and sent it out in a bottle. Not much really has happened since the end of the wars. Oh, there were some minor skirmishes here and there but nothing major. I suppose that I should have developed more emotions, but to be honest, I still don't know how. My friends, Duo and Quatre, try to get me have more feelings. Their hearts are in the right place but nothing has worked for me so far. Heero is still acting the Perfect Soldier, living his life as emotionless as mine. Wufei is nowhere to be seen. He has been missing for about six months now. He went out on an undercover mission for the Preventers and hasn't heard from him since. I am worried…we all are.

AC 198 - March 20

We found Wufei. He was lying in an alley up in Tokyo all bloody and beaten. He would have died if it weren't for a mysterious woman in a strange outfit. When Wufei came to in the hospital, he told us about the woman who called herself Sailor Moon. It was strange to hear him talk about a woman with respect in his voice. I observed him closely and I believe that he has a crush on this legendary sailor senshi. His eyes glaze over whenever there are news reports of her coming from Tokyo. I don't think that he would admit to it though. Wufei is an extremely proud man.

Personally, I do find it hard to believe that there is magic out there in the world even if I had been having strange dreams of late. I have been dreaming about that moon kingdom Sailor Moon is suppose to be from and I see myself in it. I also see all of my friends in it as well. Maybe I should go see a psychologist about these dreams…

AC 198 - April 14

A week ago, I found myself in Romewith Quatre. He wanted to see the ancient Roman architecture and I tagged along because Lady Une ordered me to take a vacation. I do not need one but an order is an order. Anyway, I left my friend in the city while I went off to Venice. The canals of that place have always fascinated me for some reason…I believe it is all of the water. I stood at the edge of one of the canals and noticed a young woman riding in a gondola. She appeared alone and lonely with her eyes reflecting the coolness of the waters. This young woman was a delicate work of art…a fine, petite body and hair so black it looked blue. Unfortunately, I was unable to see her face. I tried to follow the boat but I got lost among the myriad canals.

From that moment on, it almost felt like a part of me awakened to emotions. I have been able to keep this under control but now my loneliness seems to be greater. Why am I feeling this way? I really wish I knew…I am feeling confused by this. So, on Duo's advice, I have gone on a couple of dates. The women I have been set up with were kind, but I did not connect with any of them. None of them seemed to compare to that faceless goddess I witnessed back in Venice. I am afraid that I am holding any potential girlfriend up to an impossible standard yet I cannot help it.

Maybe…maybe some day I will meet that goddess and find out what she is like…

Ami's eyes widened a little at the end of this letter. She remembered that she had taken a trip to Venice by herself during her first year attending Oxford in London. 'No…this person could not have been referring to me,' she thought to herself as she stuck this message with the other she had hidden earlier. She took out her keys once again and left her house. She then got into a metallic grey BMW Z8 (AN: http://www.bmw.com/bmwe/products/automobiles/z8/index.html - What the car looks like…^_^) and drove off to the Peacecraft Academy.

It took her about fifteen minutes to arrive at the school. As she parked her car, Ami noticed a couple of large SUVs in the parking lot and wondered who they might belong to. She smiled softly to herself as she entered the school building, glancing around the elegant hallways. 'This would have been a good school for me when I was growing up.'

Not really knowing where the Princess' office was located, Ami asked the first person she ran into about it. "Excuse me, would you please tell me how to get to Princess Relena's office?" she asked.

The person she ran into was a tall man with brown hair and bangs that seemed to cover one half of his face. His emerald eye blinked for a moment before he answered. "I am heading in that direction myself," he answered. "You can follow me."

Ami was about to thank the man when he started walking away. She fumed slightly that he didn't even try to wait for her and had to run to catch up. "You could have at least waited for me," she muttered under her breath, not realizing that the man had heard her.

"No, I did not," he stated in a monotone voice as he led Ami to a large ornate door. "This is the door to Princess Relena's office."

Ami sighed slightly as she knocked on the door, trying to ignore the man who had helped her. She heard a muffled, "Enter," and she opened the door and walked inside the office. She looked around and saw several people inside. There were two women dressed in Preventer uniforms, one with blonde hair and the other had brown hair (Is that the color of Lady Une's hair?). There were also four men standing around as well. One of them was a man with unruly dark brown hair and he was leaning against a wall. Another man was standing close to him and he had pale skin and light blonde hair. The other two men were sort of standing near each other. One of them was obviously Chinese with black hair in a painful looking ponytail and the other had chestnut brown hair in a long braid that went down his back. The last person in the room was a beautiful young woman with sandy-blonde hair and cornflower blue eyes. She was dressed in an expensive looking business suit.

"Welcome," the woman replied in a gentle voice as she held out a hand. "You must be Dr. Ami Mizuno. I am Princess Relena Peacecraft."

Ami smiled at the woman and took her offered hand and shook it. "It's a pleasure meeting you, your Highness," the blue haired doctor responded. "I hope you do not mind my bluntness, but a Sally Po called me and asked me to come down here. I would like to know why."

The tall man who helped Ami came inside and closed the door behind him, startling her slightly. "That is what we would like to know as well," the man with the unruly hair stated, his voice toneless as he indicated the other men in the room.

The blonde woman in the uniform stepped forward. It was also obvious that she was of Chinese descent as well. "I asked Dr. Mizuno to come because we have need of her services," she explained. "Before she became a doctor, she and her friends helped the police in Tokyo fight crime."

The Chinese man snorted and rolled his eyes. "How can an onna help fight crime?"

Ami glared at him for a moment and then nodded. "You are Sally Po, I presume?" she asked as Sally nodded. "Yes, that is true that my friends and I did that." 'In a manner of speaking…' she thought as she glanced around the room, her gaze lingering on the tall, emerald eyed man for a moment.

The other woman spoke. "Then we have need of you," she said. "I am Lady Une, director of the Preventers. I was called here by the Princess and Sally concerning one of your friends."

"Which one?" Ami asked; her curiosity piqued.

A door opened and a petite woman with sapphire blue eyes and silver-blonde hair done in a strange hairstyle. It was done up in two odango-shaped buns and long streamers of hair that went down to her ankles. Behind her walked in one other woman and she had black hair and dark violet eyes.

"Usagi? Rei?" Ami asked incredulously. The three young women ran to each other hugged furiously. "What are the two of you doing here?"

Rei grinned sheepishly at her blue haired friend. "I'm the one who works for the Preventers now, Ami. Oh, I'll still write songs in my spare time, but fighting to keep the peace will always be a part of who I am."

"But why is Usagi here?" Ami asked, trying to press for more information.

Lady Une interrupted the little reunion. "Sorry to break up the reunion, but we have more pressing matters at hand."

Relena nodded as she went over to the desk in the room and sat down in the chair behind it. "Usagi Tsukino is one of my cousins, even though that information is not very well known," she began. "Someone leaked that information out and because of this connection, her life is in danger. She has been in the Sanq Kingdom for the past month getting to know me and my brother, Milliardo. It was a nice, fun time until the first attempt on her life a week ago."

Rei nodded and picked up the story from there. "When I heard about the assassination attempt, I asked to be transferred here so I can be around and protect Usagi. But yesterday, there was another attempt. This time, not only was it an attempt on her life, it was also an attempt at Princess Relena's."

Sally stepped in. "That was when Rei told me about you, Dr. Mizuno. I also called in our five best agents to help as well." She then proceeded to introduce the five men to her. "The one with the unruly dark brown hair is Heero Yuy. Quatre Winner is the one with the blonde hair and Wufei Chang is the Chinese chauvinist pig." Wufei snorted and glared at Sally, who just ignored him. "The guy with the long braid is Duo Maxwell and the tall man who is standing behind you is Trowa Barton."

Ami stood still as she let the names of the men soak into her mind. She was shocked but didn't let it show on her face. 'I…I remember those names!' she thought as she glanced around the room. 'They were the names that the writer of those messages mentioned. The only name I don't remember being written is Trowa's. Is he the one who wrote them?'

She snapped out of her reverie when Usagi waved her hand in front of her friend. "Earth to Ami…Earth to Ami…are you okay?" Usagi asked, concern showing in her eyes.

Ami gave her friend a sheepish grin and nodded. "I'm fine, Usagi. It's just a lot of info to take in at one time." She knew that was a lame answer, but she didn't want to let anyone know about those notes. Ami then nodded and smiled at all the men. "It's nice to meet you all."

There were grunts and murmurs of welcome from the guys with the exception of Trowa. All he was doing was studying the blue haired woman in front of him. This made Ami slightly nervous so she edged closer to Rei and Usagi. For a split second, she could have sworn that she saw the tall man smirk but it was gone as fast as it appeared. As she was about to shake her head to clear it, Lady Une started speaking.

"From what Miss Hino has said and looking at my research of your files, you are practically a genius," she stated, looking directly at Ami. "If that is the case, I want to assign one of these men to help you in figuring out is trying to kill Miss Tsukino and the Princess. Someone of your caliber should be able to figure it out."

Ami nodded slightly, curious. "I don't know if I would be labeled as a genius, but I have had many opportunities to use my mind," she explained, not going into the details of her days as a senshi. "I would be honored to help you so I can help my friends. But what about my job at the hospital? I will need…"

Sally chuckled and smiled warmly at the blue haired woman. "Don't worry about that, Dr. Mizuno. I already talked to your hospital director and Dr, Hayes is letting you go with some time off."

"I see that you all have thought of everything," Ami muttered to herself, earning her a quick look from Trowa. She then spoke up. "Since everything is already arranged, I would like to go back home and start my research now. I'm sure that the Preventers have powerful computers, but I have my own computer that I put together myself. Let's just say that it is more than adequate for the needs at hand."

Lady Une nodded and then indicated Trowa with her hand. "Then it is settled. Trowa will be the one assigned to assist you in your search, Doctor. He will also be staying with you for the time being. Now, since everything is done, I suggest that we all go and do our jobs."

"Oh yes, one more thing," Sally interjected. "Wufei and Quatre will help Rei guard Usagi while Heero and Duo will guard the Princess."

At that news, Wufei and Rei began having a glaring contest while sweatdrops appeared on the foreheads of Quatre and Usagi. Relena looked quite smug when Heero was told to guard her and Duo gave his friend a sympathetic pat on his back. Heero kept his emotionless mask on but it almost looked like he was going to be sick for a moment there.

Ami almost giggled at the sight before her but was able to stifle that urge swiftly. She gave Rei and Usagi a quick hug before leaving the office with Trowa trailing behind her. When the door closed behind them and they were in the empty hallway, the petite woman stopped and looked up at the tall man behind her.

"Do you have any things that you need to get before I take you to my home?" Ami asked.

Trowa shook his head. "No. I already have packed some items before I arrived here. I will have to get them in the vehicle I rode in."

Ami nodded as they both arrived at the school entrance. "I hope that we can find this enemy soon," she said softly as they left the building and went into the parking lot. She brought out her keys and was unlocking the doors to her BMW when she noticed Trowa went to one of the large SUVs. He took out a suitcase and a duffle bag and then saw Ami and her car. He looked over the sports car with an appreciative eye as the blue haired woman opened the trunk. He put his things inside and closed the cover.

"Nice car," he stated as he got into the passenger seat and buckled himself in.

Ami smiled as she sat in the driver's seat and put the seatbelt on. "Thank you, Mr. Barton," she replied as she put the key in the ignition and turned on the car. "This was one of my few splurges in my life."

As she pulled out of the parking lot and started driving down the road, Ami started thinking about her unexpected houseguest. She did not know how long this mission, as she called it, would last as she was unused to having complete strangers in her home. As a matter of fact, she never had any friends come to her home as well. 'Until I met Usagi, I never really had any friends,' she mused in silence as she turned a corner and drove onto a highway that led to the beach.

Ami did not realize that she was being watched while she was driving. Trowa was trying to make out her features and wondered why she seemed so familiar to him. He then glanced about the changing scenery and realized the direction they were heading in.

"You live at the beach, Dr. Mizuno?" he asked as he tried not to waste too many words.

"Yes," she nodded as the car started to slow down. "I like it here. It's far enough away from the city to be able to escape from the noise and traffic. I do like the silence and the solitude. And since it is obvious that you will be staying with me until this enemy is found, please call me Ami. Calling me doctor all the time will get on my nerves."

"Then you can call me Trowa," the man with one emerald eye showing answered, a smirk appearing on his lips for a moment.

When the car pulled into a long driveway, Trowa saw the house that they were approaching. It was a decent sized two-story house with large trees lining the driveway and giving ample shade. "Nice," he whispered as the car finally stopped in front of the building.

"Home sweet home," Ami declared as she unbuckled the seatbelt and got out of the car. The brown haired man did the same as the driver opened the trunk. He took out the suitcase and duffle bag and followed Ami up onto the porch and then inside the house. She then gestured for him to follow her up the stairs and led him to a door.

"You can use this guestroom, Trowa. My room is the one that is two doors down from here and the bathroom is the one in front of your room. I'll leave you to get settled." She then turned to go back down the stairs when she felt a hand brush by her arm.

"Thank you for the room, Ami," Trowa replied, his voice low as he felt something pass between them through that barest of physical contact. "I'll see you downstairs after I put some things away."

Ami just nodded as the man entered the room with his things and closed the door. She leaned against the wall for a moment and went back down the stairs, her legs feeling a little weak. She felt a jolt of electricity course through her when his hand brushed her arm.

'Oh…my…god!' she started thinking as she went into the kitchen. 'This will not be easy…that man is handsome. And his voice could melt ice…I don't know how I'm going to be able to handle his presence here. Wait, I'm Doctor Ami Mizuno and Sailor Mercury. I should be able to handle anything…I should be able to handle Trowa.'

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

AN: Wow…I am amazed that I got so many reviews for just one chapter…O.O That made me feel really good…thank you guys…^_^ Anyway, I hope this chapter was okay…just setting up for the romance to come…^_~