Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Pilots ❯ Birth of Pilot Moon ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sailor Pilots: 5

Birth of Pilot Moon

Disclaimer: Must I keep saying it? I do not own Gundam Wing or Sailor Moon. I just think they rock!

"It is finished," Trowa said, finishing his typing.

"Hold on," Duo said, with a grin. "I have some mail from Quatre."

"Your gundams are on the way," Quatre said.

"Hey Quatre, who's the girl?" Duo asked, wolf--whistling.

"Well this is…"

"Mina!" Raye shrieked, moving past Trowa. "Hey!"

"Hi Raye!" Mina said.

"You know each other?" Quatre asked.

"Yeah, we were sent to find you," Mina replied and looked at Duo, "how come Ami hasn't found you yet?"

"Who the hell is Ami?" Duo demanded.

"And who are you girls?" Trowa added. "Where did you come from?"

"We're on the same side," Raye replied, "so don't you worry. We've come to help."

"Where's Serena?" Mina asked.

"I'm not sure," Raye said. "She's supposed to find that Relena person."

"Relena?" the four guys gasped.

"Well, we saw her," Duo said, "isn't this girl like her cousin or something?"

"Yeah," Raye said, "very distant cousins."

"Hey Raye," Mina said, "Has Lita met up with Wufei?"

"Wufei meets a girl too?" Duo asked and leered over at Heero, "I guess you don't have one, Heero!"

Heero grumbled and looked at the floor.

"Yeah," Raye sighed, "he joined the enemy and so has Lita."

"Lita's not supposed to do that!" Mina cried, "Has she lost her mind?"

"Has Wufei lost his?" Quatre added.

"Wufei has his reasons," Trowa said.

"And Lita didn't know he joined the opposition," Raye said. "She just kind of stumbled upon it on accident."

"We'll meet you in a few moments," Quatre said, "so wait for us."

"Yeah, later!" Mina added and the transmission was over.

"Duo, do me a favor," Heero said.

"What kind of favor?" Duo asked.

"Hit me now," he replied.

"What?" Duo shouted, "are you crazy?"

"Just do it."

"If you guys are friends," Raye said, "you shouldn't be fighting." She immediately put her foot in her mouth for saying that. Just how many times has she got in arguments with Serena?

"We're all not exactly friends," Trowa said.

"Okay, I'll give you my best punch!" Duo cracked his knuckles and punched Heero in the face.

Heero's face went to the right and his face showed no pain. Then he wrenched his hand into a fist and punched Duo in the stomach.

Both Raye and Trowa groaned in pain for Duo.

"Why--why--why in the---?" Duo gasped, hovering as he felt the pain increase.

"That was for you," Heero replied, "One for one."

Duo passed out and Heero pulled him over to Trowa, "He's all yours now," Heero said and he sprawled out on the floor.

"Too bad he hasn't Ami yet," Raye said, "she knows first aid!"

**********************************************************

"What's that?" Dekim asked.

"You heard me," Serena growled, "Let her go!"

"Wait," Relena said, "don't shoot!"

"Arrest her!" Dekim ordered.

"No!" Relena shouted, "Let me talk to her."

"Let me shoot him!" Serena snapped, "he kidnapped you and I'm here to save you!"

"It's wrong to kill people," Relena said.

Serena took another look at Dekim, "bang!" she hissed as a joke. Dekim was taken by surprise.

"Can I talk to you?" Relena asked, "don't I know you?"

Serena placed her gun back in the holster, "You don't recognize me, Relena?" She turned around and looked at her.

"Serena?"

"I got a new hair style," Serena said, whipping her hair to the side, "but that's not the only thing that's new about me."

"Come with me," Relena said and led her to the room she was brought in when she was kidnapped. "Why do I have a feeling I know you?"

"You just met me earlier today," Serena said.

"But before that," Relena muttered.

Serena sighed, 'I owe her the truth.' She thought. "Okay, Relena, I'll tell you." She walked up to her and took her hands as they both sat down in some chairs. "I'm not from around here."

"You've never been to the Sanc Kingdom?"

"I haven't even heard of it before," Serena said, "I didn't know about the colonies in outer space or the gundams. This is going to sound silly but it's the truth, believe me. Relena, I've come from the past to help you."

"The past?" Relena whispered, letting go of her hands.

"Yes," Serena nodded, "you see, Relena, I'm your cousin. A very distant cousin but we're cousins still the same."

Relena swallowed, "are you sure?"

"Yes," Serena said, "my mother has a cousin that lives in France and you're her descendant. Anyway, it would take a while for us to trace the generations so you'll just have to take my word for it. I know it's a lot to take in, but it's true. I'm not even a gundam pilot. I was a different kind of soldier. I was a sailor scout."

"What's a sailor scout?" Relena asked. "Are you feeling okay?"

"I don't have my brooch here with me to transform," Serena explained, "It's in my gundam. You'll just have to believe me. I am Sailor Moon, the champion of love and justice. I have come here with my sailor soldiers to help you and meet the gundam pilots."

"You fight?" Relena inquired, "but why? Can't you resolve things by talking?"

"We've tried that," Serena said, "but the things we fight aren't always people. Some come from other planets and some are demons or the experiments of some one who has gone crazy. It's a whole other world were I come from!"

Relena sighed, "you're telling the truth."

"Absolutely," Serena said, "You think I'd lie about something like this? Relena, I am your cousin and I've left my home and time to protect you."

Relena seemed impressed, "that must've been hard for you."

"Yes," Serena admitted, "but I think I like it here."

"When will you be going back to your home and time?" she inquired.

Serena looked at her hands, "I'm not sure. I haven't really thought about it yet. Maybe after resolve things here and you're safe. I know I should go home but I also feel like I should stay here. I've met someone, he said he'd kill me and he looks dangerous but I--"

"You've met Heero Yuy, haven't you?" Relena questioned with a smile.

"How did you know?" Serena asked in surprise.

"He said the same thing to me once," Relena said, "what ever you do, do NOT give him an invitation to your birthday party!"

The two girls started to giggle. Serena sighed sadly.

"What's the matter, Serena?" Relena asked in concern.

"There's more to it," Serena said, "but it's a little hard to explain. I want to tell you but I'm not sure if you'll understand."

"You've already told me that you're from the past," Relena said. "And that you are a sailor scout and I've never heard of a sailor scout before. What do you think I won't understand?"

"You understand?" Serena asked, mumbling.

"I'm sure in this time, anything is possible. Now what's on your mind?"

"I'm supposed to get married to someone," she said, "in the future. We even have a child together."

"Wha?"

"Her name is Rini," Serena said.

"Rini?" Relena gasped, "You mean, that girl who is aiding Mariemaia?"

Serena nodded, "she came from Darien and my future to get a crystal, which was the silver emporium crystal. I held it inside my brooch."

"That girl is your daughter?" Relena demanded, appalled, "That's…that's totally insane!"

"You're telling me!" Serena agreed, "she gets on my nerves sometimes. It's like, I'm destined to be with Darien. You see I had a different life--a very, very long time ago. I was the moon princess and I fell in love with Prince Endymion, who I know now as Darien. This diabolic queen--Beryl--killed us. Then we were reborn to meet each other again. Now I'm wondering if that really was the reason I was reborn. What if I want to meet someone new? Darien doesn't even treat me the way a boyfriend should."

"What do you mean?" Relena asked.

"Well, for one, he calls me Meatball head!" Serena erupted, "just wait until he sees me now." She stood and turned around. "I've become a stronger person since I came here. I know that I must go back to my home but I also want to stay here and protect you. If we are blood, then it is my duty to keep my family safe. I'm afraid if I do go back, I'll turn into the old Serena. I wasn't happy being the crybaby 'Meatball Head' Serena I used to be. I didn't even want to become Sailor Moon in the first place. I just wanted to be a normal teenager."

"I know how you feel, Serena," Relena whispered.

Serena turned around, "you do?"

"Yes," Relena nodded, "I was kind of famous. My father was the Vice Minister and he was a pacifist. I went with him countless times to go to different colonies for the meetings. Then we went to the colonies again, for the last time. My father was assassinated by Oz terrorist led by Treize Khushrenada and Lady Une."

"I'm sorry," Serena said.

"Then my father told me something right before he died," she frowned, "that he wasn't really my father. You can't begin to understand what it is like for someone you've known as your father to tell you he isn't. I am a Peacecraft, dedicated for Peace. I became a celebrity in days."

"Yeah, you were queen of the world, weren't you?"

"It wasn't easy for me," Relena said. "But I did it anyway."

"How come?"

"Someone has to promote peace in this world," Relena looked down for a second and looked back up, "might as well be me."

Serena smiled, "I really admire your courage, Relena. I wish I could be just like you."

Relena smiled back, "You are. To leave your home and time, Serena, that is a very courageous and selfless thing to do."

Serena blushed, "Aw, shucks," she covered her face.

Relena walked over to her and took her hands, "I'll miss you if you decide to leave but I won't stop you," Relena said, "but if you'd like to stay then I'd love to have you."

"Thank you, Relena," Serena said. "I think you made my decision a whole lot easier!"

"My home is the Sanc Kingdom," she told her, "and we encourage peace and freedom. If your life is already made out for you, it doesn't make you feel free, does it?"

"I don't really like the idea of it," Serena admitted.

"Neither do I," Relena said, "I don't like the idea of people fighting either but I think this is just as bad. That is why I think you should stay here, if that's what you want."

"If force to we must fight," Serena said, "for what we believe in."

"That's true," Relena said, "and that is probably what makes you strong, like Heero. We all have to fight I guess, but there are different ways to fight."

Serena blushed, "You really think I'm strong, like Heero?"

"I wouldn't have said it if I didn't mean, it, Serena."

"Thank you, Relena," Serena said, "I really appreciate that." She squeezed her hands and the two distant cousins hugged each other. Even though they were distant in time and generation, kindness and understanding will keep them close.

******************************************

"Oh man," Duo groaned as he leaned against the wall, "that is the last time I do a favor for Heero!" His stomach still ached a little and his hands were bound in large handcuffs, "This was not the way I wanted to go. I won't get out here until Hell freezes over!"

Right outside the door, Ami placed a freezing device by the lock. It froze the lock and the whole door seconds after she placed it.

Duo looked at the door and grinned, "Or the door!"

Someone walked inside wearing an icy blue and black space suit with a matching helmet.

"Heero, have you come to apologize for knocking the wind out of me?" He demanded. At a closer inspection, he could identify that the figure was a female, "Hilde, what are you doing here? I thought I told you to--" he stopped when the person removed her helmet. "You're not Hilde! Who are you?"

Instead of answering him, she walked closer to him and dropped a couple of items at his feet and stepped back again. She watched him, as he looked the things over. Duo looked at her for a second. She nodded to the articles.

Duo felt his chest tighten up as he spotted the photos. With effort since his hands and wrists were locked together, he picked up the one of his childhood self first. "That's me," he whispered. "Sister Helen…Father Maxwell." He smiled at Ami as if they were friends or something, "Sister Helen tried to cut my hair but I wouldn't let her." He took his braid, "that's why it's like this now. I never take it out…except in the shower maybe."

Surprised that he shared this with her, Ami blushed and lowered her face to the ground.

The next gift item almost brought Duo to tears. He read the note a few times over and held the cross in his palm with complete delicacy.

"Oh my god," he mumbled, "they were going to give a cross to me. They were planning on giving it to me the day they--"

"It's okay," Ami said.

Duo took in a deep breath. "Where did you get these things?"

"The place you used to live," she replied. "Maxwell Church in one of the colonies."

"Thank you," Duo whispered, "hey, what's your name?"

"Ami," she responded.

"So you're Ami!" Duo laughed. "Well my name's--"

"Duo Maxwell," she cut him off. "I know who you are."

"You know my name?" Duo asked, "well, if those girls kept asking me why I wasn't with you then that explains how you know me, huh?"

Ami raised an eyebrow, "my friends asked about me?"

"How do you know us anyway?"

"We came here to help you," Ami explained.

"What makes you think we need help?" Duo demanded, "Because one of your friends is Relena's cousin?"

"It's our job to protect the innocent," Ami said.

"You sound like a soldier," Duo muttered.

"I am a soldier," Ami confirmed, "and a gundam pilot like you."

"Speaking of gundams," Duo said, "I wonder where Deathscythe is. I hope that blond chick with Quatre distract him or anything."

"Mina isn't like that," Ami said. "Well, not exactly. Okay, well, maybe." She knelt in front of Duo, "Let me get this off for you." She put another freezing device on his handcuffs, pressed a button and the handcuffs froze over and she pulled them off of his hands.

"Whoa, that was cool," Duo commented, "where'd you get those things?"

"They were in my gundam," she replied, "are you hurt anywhere?"

"Are you a doctor or something?" he asked.

"I'm studying to be one," she replied, "my mother is a doctor and I know first aid and CPR."

"My friend hit me in the stomach really hard," Duo said flirtatiously, "I might need CPR!"

Ami blushed and looked away. 'He's flirting with me!' she thought. 'Why do I have to get stuck with the orphan who can't read and likes to flirt?'

"I was only joking," Duo said. "But he really did hit me kinda hard."

"Let me check for some bruises then," Ami said, slightly touching his stomach and lifted up his shirt.

"I don't think this is the right time for this," Duo said. "My girlfriend might get kind of mad at me if she finds out!"

"Girlfriend?" Ami mumbled.

"But I won't tell her," Duo said with a wink.

Ami took a quick look at his stomach and saw a bluish black bruise in the shape of a fist, "uh, you look fine."

"I know I'm fine," Duo moaned.

'Stop that!' Ami wanted to scream, "We'd better get out of here."

"Oh, so soon?" He asked.

****************************************

Quatre arrived with the gundams for Trowa and Duo and sent Wing Zero separately for Heero.

"Ami, you've found him!" Mina shouted.

"Where've you been?" Raye demanded. "This poor guy was hit in the stomach by one of his teammates!"

"I still think I have a bruise," Duo said.

"Put some ice on it," Ami said.

"Can you do it for me?" Duo asked with puppy dog eyes.

Ami blushed, ignoring him. "Where are Serena and Lita?"

"Serena is probably with Relena," Raye said, "and Lita's keeping an eye on that one guy."

"Wufei," Trowa said.

"Come on," Duo said, "we have to go to the Earth."

They boarded their gundams.

"Everyone ready?" Ami asked.

"Pilot Mars is ready!" Raye said.

"Pilot Venus, check," added Mina.

"Mercury ready," Ami said.

"Mercury?" Duo mumbled.

"Venus?" Quatre whispered.

"Mars?" Trowa muttered.

"We're ready, guys!" Raye shouted.

"Ready when you are," Venus said.

"Let's go now!" Quatre declared and cut through the gate. The six gundams took off for Earth.

Heero made it to his gundam and flew to Earth as quickly as possible. It almost seemed to be in reach when something got in his way, Altron Gundam. Wufei was going to try to stop him.

"Wufei!" Heero shouted, "Why have you changed sides?"

Wufei didn't respond and made an attack on Heero.

"WUFEI, NO!" screamed a very outraged Lita.

"What?" Wufei and Heero chorused.

Jupiter Gundam soared behind Altron and restrained it with a huge spear with a green glowing spearhead. "I won't let you hurt him!"

"Who are you?" Heero asked in surprise.

"Let me go!" Wufei ordered.

"Consider me a friend," Lita said, "I'm Pilot Jupiter and I've come here with my friends to help you gundam pilots. Serena and Relena are in danger and I know that every soldier loves someone. Heero, I hear you are the perfect soldier. Well if that's true than go and save the one you love!"

Heero stayed put, 'What is she talking about?' he thought, 'Am I in love with someone?'

"What are you still doing here?" she demanded, trying to keep Wufei still, "Get going! Now! The fate of the world lies in your hands!"

"Thank you," the words fell out of Heero's mouth intentionally and he zoomed past them.

"Why did you do that for?" Wufei demanded, pulling out of her gundam's grasp.

"Friends do not fight friends!" she shouted.

"I have no friends," he said.

'Hmph,' Lita thought, 'I wonder why.'

Altron Gundam attacked Jupiter Gundam. Wufei was surprised at its strength. "I'd rather fight alone!"

"Listen, we all need friends!" Lita shouted, "Even stuck up, self-centered jerks like YOU!!!"

"Stay out of my way!" Wufei ordered, trying to get past her so he could stop Heero.

"You don't deserve to be a gundam pilot," Lita snarled, "what is your problem?"

"Mind your own business!" Wufei ordered.

"I've come here to help you!"

"I don't want your help!" Wufei growled and he pushed her away with his double dragon arm-units.

"Heyyyy!" she hissed and Wufei flew off. 'Well, at least he didn't kill me.' She sat there for a while, "Why am I just staying here? My gundam's not messed up or anything. Wufei, stop!" she went after him, "you can't hide from me, Wufei! I'll follow you to the ends of the Earth!"

"Keep away from me!" Wufei warned.

"How I would like to, Wufei," Lita said, "but I'm on a mission to serve with you!"

Wufei landed on the Earth and he could see Lita coming behind him, 'why won't she give up!' he thought mentally, 'is she serious?' Not sure why, he got out of his gundam. Maybe to draw his pursuer out of their gundam so he could see what she looked like.

"Oh, so you want to play tag, huh?" Lita teased, "Okay, I'll be it!" she landed her gundam and took the rope. It was going way too slow for her so she let go when she was still up 14 feet above ground. "You can run but you can't hide!"

"What do you want from me?" Wufei demanded, still running.

"I want to teach you a lesson!" she picked up her pace and tackled him, "you have no respect for people, you loser!"

"Who you callin' a loser?" he pushed her away.

She jumped to her feet, "oh, you want to fight now, is that it? Okay, if that's how you want it! I'm going to rip your pony tail off!"

"I'd like to see you try!"

"Gnnnnaaaaaaarrrrr!" she kicked him in the chest and he stumbled back. "Had enough?"

"The last woman who challenged me lost!" he muttered.

"Little sisters don't count," she hissed.

"She wasn't my sister," he said, "she was my wife." As soon as he saw the intense anger in Lita's face, he knew he made a mistake. 'I shouldn't have said that--I shouldn't have said that--shouldn't have said that!'

"You what?" Lita snarled, "WIFEBEATER!!!" She made a double hit to Wufei's face and swipe kicked him. When he fell on his back, she took him in a headlock.

"Maybe I shouldn't have said that," Wufei whispered.

"At least you were honest!" She nearly broke his neck but instead she pushed him to the ground. "Aren't you going to attack me?"

"I would if I could get up!" he shouted.

'I think he's had enough,' Lita thought and walked over to the injured Wufei.

Wufei looked up and felt a little uncomfortable as she stood there in silence. She lowered her hand to him and he closed his eyes. When he opened them, her hand was still there.

"Well?" Lita said.

Wufei smiled and took her hand. She jerked him up with surprising strength and he almost fell on his face.

"Thank you," he said. "You know, you're pretty tough for a woman."

Lita cocked her head, "if I was sensitive, I'd jump up and give you a big hug, but since I'm not, you'll have to settle for this." She punched him hard in the stomach. His eyes got big and his arms went around it.

"Hey, I'm sensitive there!" he groaned, falling to his knees.

"At least I didn't pull your hair out," she teased.

'How can she joke at a time like this?' Wufei wondered.

She offered him her hand again. Wufei winced. "I'm not going to hit you this time," she said.

Wufei grinned and wasn't sure why. He wanted to lose but he also wanted to win too. If he wanted to win, he would have to fight at a different angle. So he took her hand, pulled her down and started tickling the hound out of Lita.

"What the--you're tickling me!" Lita gasped, "cut it out--haha--you, you cheater! Stop! Cheater! Cheater!"

"You calling me a cheater?" Wufei asked.

"Tickling is not allowed, jerk!" She shouted between laughs. "Stop it! I can't breathe! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA! Stop it, cheater! Come on, that's enough! Cut it out! Cheater!"

"I will when you stop calling me a cheater," Wufei said.

"Okay, Wufei," she said, "please stop! Wufei, please? I can't breathe! You've made your point, Wufei! We're even now."

He ceased his tickling. "There."

"Thank you," she wheezed.

"I won," he bragged.

"I can still pull your hair out," she muttered.

He gulped, "yeah, I say we're even."

********************************************

Heero would've made it to Relena's place of prison sooner but the ZERO system decided to give his mind a whirl.

"I don't have time for this, ZERO," Heero muttered.

He saw a girl with blond pigtails with buns on the sides of her head. She looked pretty frail and scared. Heero remembered who she was. Then as the girl looked to the side she disappeared, wearing away. He saw himself for a second and feared the worst and then someone started walking up behind him. It was a girl.

"Relena?" he mumbled.

No, it wasn't Relena. It was Pilot Moon. She placed her hand on his shoulder and his image turned around. Heero could not believe what happened next. They kissed.

"What was that supposed to mean?" Heero demanded. "Where was Relena?" Now Heero had to think if Relena was the only person he could care for. Or love.

********************************************************* ***

"It's the gundams!" the soldiers shouted.

"Then annihilate them," Dekim ordered. "All of them!"

"Those are the scout's gundams," Serena whispered, then thought, 'Pilot Mercury….' She saw Mercury Gundam with Deathscythe.

Pilot Mercury held up her freezing cannon and put the enemy Mobile Suits on ice. Literally.

'---Pilot Mars….'

Pilot Mars stood next to Heavyarms and when its firepower ran out, her gundam Mars didn't. Her flamethrower took care of a bunch of the enemy mobile suits.

'---Pilot Jupiter…'

Pilot Jupiter's lightning spear had sparks sizzling all over it like frenzied jumping beans. It zapped enemy mobile suits when they were close enough or she just ran them through.

'---Pilot Venus…'

Pilot Venus hurled her energy whip around and attached it to the arms or legs of a mobile suit. Once it was fastened, it left it immobile.

'They're no longer sailor scouts,' Serena thought, 'we have forgotten all of our training as sailor scouts. The sailor scouts are dead and the Sailor Pilots have been born!'

To Be Continued. Next Chapter: Choice of Destiny