Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Reflection ❯ Toys of the Past ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Aya: Okay, I myself will be putting in my vote. Then the NEXT chapter will be the pair for Wufei! So THERE!!
Duo: Who are you even TALKING to?
Aya: You. Now shut up. Anyway, this chappy is about (dun dun dunnn) Quatre's date, Kurama's twisted past with toys, and the value of a hickey!
Quatre: Why is it that I have to endure this torture?!
Aya: *innocent smile* Cuz it's fun, of course!
Wufei: *sigh* Disclaimer: Aya does not own Yu Yu Hakusho, Gundam Wing, and fod merchandise ever mentioned in this fic, or the shiny red ball.
Aya: *maniacal giggle* Oh, and there's a fun quiz in the after-log! Have fun! ~.^

Warnings: (It's a new addition! ^^) This story is yaoi, shounen ai, whatever you wanna call it.
Pairings: 1 x2, 3x4, KuramaxHiei, YusukexKeiko, 5x(undecided), KoenmaxBotan (so far)

Wuffer's Pairing Poll:

5xYukina: 2
5xZechs: 2
5xTreize:1
5xMeilan: 0
5xSally Po: 0




Toy of the Past:

"So, kitty, what you wearing on your date?" Duo asked as they walked to Quatre's house. The trio were going over there to study for an upcoming science test together. "Well...I don't know." Quatre replied. "Well, then, I guess me and foxy get to help!" Duo said evilly. Quatre sweatdropped. "Don't worry, we'll make it decent...somewhat." Kurama added. Quatre gulped.

They reached his mansion, and went up to the lounge room. Quatre's dad was away on business, leaving the three alone. "So, biology test. Ugh. I bet fox is overjoyed." Duo said flatly. Kurama smiled pleasantly and nodded. "Would you guys like something to eat or drink?" Quatre asked. "Oooooo!! SODA!!" Duo said excitedly. "We'll take sugar -free, caffeine-free, kitten." Kurama said. Duo stuck out his tongue.

"Why?" Quatre asked, puzzled. Kurama took him by the shoulders, and faked a sniffle. "Thy poor soul was spared from the wrath of Duo's sugar and caffeine highness." he murmured. Quatre laughed and Duo grinned. "Aw, c'mon, fox, you're no fun." Duo mused. Quatre went out to get the drinks.

They spent the rest of the time studying, or to be more precise, Kurama lecturing them. After that, they picked out an acceptable outfit for Quatre's date, ate dinner, then went home.

Quatre twitched at his outfit. Compared to the others, it was A LOT better, but still..."Was the choker really necessary?" he said to himself, picking up a sky blue choker that went with his outfit. He was to wear baggy, dark blue pants with a white and silver belt, a sky blue tank top , and a dark blue vest, complete with the choker. "Oh well, at least it's decent." he murmured, looking at his reflection. His mind went back to earlier, when he was just returning from getting the drinks.

//Flashback//

Quatre had one Nestea can, and two caffeine free, sugar free cokes. He was just about to go inside the room, but paused when he heard his friends talking. He peered inside to see Kurama near the mirror, examining his reflection, and Duo looking at him stoically.
Kurama touched his reflection lightly. Have they never seen a mirror before? No, there's one in the locker room, so... Quatre thought to himself.

He was startled out of his thoughts when he heard Kurama's voice. "It's horrifying." he stated calmly. "Just don't break the mirror. Quatre won't like that very much." Duo replied. "I...hate mirrors." Kurama said icily. Duo chuckled, in a sort of empty, cold way. "You hate a lot of things, Kurama." he said. Kurama smiled, turned the mirror around, and went back to his spot.

//End Flashback//

Quatre made a mental note to take out all the mirrors when his friends came over. "What is it...you two are hiding from us? From everyone?" Quatre murmured, touching his own reflection. "What caused you...to look upon the world with such hatred?" he wondered aloud. His friends...the one thing he couldn't figure out in the slightest.

Quatre broke out of his thoughts with the doorbell. He ran downstairs . "I'm coming!" he called. He opened the door to reveal Trowa, who was wearing cacky pants, a tight, forest green tank top , and black jacket. Trowa, if not for self-control, could have drooled when he saw Quatre. "So, Trowa, where are we going?" Quatre asked, stepping outside and closing and locking the door behind him.

"To...the movies. Unless you want to go somewhere else..." Trowa started. Quatre shook his head. "The movies sound great!" he said happily, dismissing all thoughts of his friends to the back of his mind for the while.


"So, kitty how was your date?" Duo asked, smirking. The three were in the library for study hall again, because Mr. Koenma was running late. They didn't realize Botan was running late as well, but whatever. Quatre blushed a bright crimson. "Um...it was fine. We went to the movies and watched Godsend. Then he took me to the corner diner and we ate Fish N' Chips." Quatre said. His friends watched him carefully, very interested.

"So...did you guys do anything else? And you know what I mean, kitten ." Kurama pressed. Quatre blushed harder. "N-No! We didn't do anything!" he stammered. Kurama and Duo glanced at each other, smirking. "I think you're lying, kitty Quat." Duo said, moving a little closer to him. Quatre paled, then blushed. Duo's eyes widened at a certain mark on Quatre's neck. "OMIGOD, look at that HICKEY!!" he exclaimed in surprise.

Kurama quirked an eyebrow, and looked at the mark on Quatre's neck. Indeed, it was a hickey. "Nothing, huh?" Kurama mused. Quatre blushed. "Okay, so we did do something...it's just a hickey!" he said in defense. "So, who made the first move?" Duo asked. Quatre blushed. "Duo, that's rude!" Quatr e said. Duo shrugged, still expecting an answer. Quatre sighed in defeat. Fine !" he said.

//Flashback//

They sat in the middle rows, Quatre completely forgetting about what his friends said about the rows in a theater. Some uncountable minutes later in the movie, Quatre was getting bored. This movie wasn't exactly star quality. Trowa somehow sensed his boredom, and managed to put his arm around the blonde. Thankfully, the dim lights hid his blush.

"Are you bored, Quatre?" Trowa whispered in his ear, sending chi lls down his spine, which made T rowa smirk. "N-Not really, no..." he stammered quietly. He didn't want to be a bad date. Trowa smirked, and took Quatre's chin so they could see eye-to-eye. "Trowa--" Quatre was cut short as Trowa's lips collided with his.

To say he was shocked was an understatement. Trowa's tongue slipped in, tasting Quatre's tasty cavern. Quatre wasn't even aware he was kissing back. After a few minutes, they withdrew, panting. "Well, that was unexpected." Quatre said. Trowa smiled, and chuckled.

//End Flashback//

"And it just took off from there. Let's just say I didn't get to watch most of Godsend." Quatre said. Duo snickered. "Man, there's a surprise. Trowa, a romantic! Will the miracles ever cease?" he said. Kurama smirked. "Well, kitten, I think it's adorable. Just don't go all the way yet." Kurama said. Quatre blushed red like a tomato, before hitting Kurama over the head with a book. "I wasn't even THINKING of that!" Quatre protested.

"Sure you weren't." Duo said. They were interrupted when some figures emerged from an aisle of the library. It was Trowa, Yusuke, Heero, Hiei, and Wufei. There was an awkward silence. Kurama, growing bored of the stretching silence, glanced at Duo, who had the same idea. Kurama went all stoic and serious. "Quatre, hello." he said to Duo, who got all dewy-eyed. "Tro~wa! Hello!" he said, clasping h i s hands together.

Quatre twitched. "Cut it out!!" he said, before hitting them both over the head with a rather large book. Kurama rubbed his head. "Jeez, kitty, you're more abusive than Hiei!" Kurama said. "What was that?!" Hiei growled. "One day, you're going to cause me brain damage!!" Duo said. "Don't worry, you can't get any stupider." Kurama said. Duo stuck his tongue out at him. Quatre sighed. Trowa smirked, and hugged the little Arabian . "Good morning, kitten." he said smoothly. Quatre blushed.

"So, what's up with the troublesome trio?" Yusuke asked, amused. Duo smirked at him. "Hardy har, Yu-man." Duo grinned at him. "Hey, I heard you were going to the toy store today. Why?" Yusuke asked out of the blue. Duo and Kurama flinched. Everyone stared at them in wonder. "Because there are usually things there that is shiny, or has flashy-flashy lights!" Duo said excitedly. Kurama sighed. "I'm friends with a 5 year old in a 17 yr old body." he muttered.

"That's not very nice, fox! Kitten isn't childish!" Duo said. Quatre rolled his yes and Kurama smirked. "Of course he isn't. He's all grown up, getting French kissed and having hickeys! The next thing you know, he'll come home saying he's not a virgin!" Kurama said. Quatre blushed 5 shades redder, Trowa had his own light blush, and the guys' eyes grew 3 times normal size.

"Trowa, you gave Quatre a hickey?!!" Yusuke hollered at his friend. Quatre buried his face in his hands as people began to stare at them. "Not so loud, please..." he murmured. Trowa smirked, answering Yusuke's question. "And it's HUGE! Just look at it! Damn, Tro-man, it's like you're a professional!" Duo exclaimed, motioning towards Quatre's hickey.

"What am I, a freak show exhibit?" Quatre deadpanned. "Probably. Is your hair naturally that light of a color?" Kurama joked. Quatre smacked him in the head. "Hardy har har, Kurama!" Quatre snapped. "Hey, Wuffers, did you bring your cookie cutter for Home Ec today?" Duo asked.

Wufei, getting used to Duo's little pet names, rapidly shook his head. "No! NO COOKIE CUTTER FOR YOU!!!" Wufei said instantly. Duo smirked. "Aw, you're no fun at all!" he pouted. "Poor Wufei, he's probably scarred for life now." Kurama sighed. Quatre quirked an eyebrow.


As soon as the pair walked into the toy store, Duo set off at jet speed to who-knows-where. Probably the section with the mechanical toys and buttons... Kurama thought to himself, shuddering. If anyone ever put Duo in space, with a giant mecha with lots of wires and buttons, and he was supposed to save the Earth, everyone would be doomed (how little you know, Kur-chan, how little you know...^^;).

Kurama strolled down the aisles, just to ignore the weird glances he was getting by the people at the registers. Something red caught his eye. He walked to it, and realized just what it was. A red ball. It was a perfectly normal red ball, shiny and new-looking. He smiled to himself as he picked it up in his hand. It was small enough to fit in his hand. He bounced it, and caught it.

//Flashback//

The shiny red ball bounced up and down on the dirty, littered street. A five year old boy with long, red hair and green eyes caught it every time in fluid motions. He was dressed in worn, ripped, ragged jeans and a simple red shirt. He was following a taller teen, maybe 13, with long, silver hair and golden eyes. The teen smiled at the boy. "Do you like it?" he asked. The boy smiled and nodded.
"Good. I got it because it matched your hair color."

*~*

The floor was covered in the red, sticky, thick liquid. Covered in blood. Once silver hair was dyed red, the same red as the ball that lay next to the gruesome corpse. A few, slurred words escaped the teen's mouth, talking to the petrified boy standing a few feet away. "Its...okay.....you....fine....live...Kuronu..." was all the teen could say, before his last breath was stolen by death.

//End Flashback//

Kurama didn't realize he had been grabbing the ball so tightly until a hand clasped down on his shoulder. He jumped, and swiftly turned around and his fist was just a few millimeters away from the person's face. Cool, amethyst eyes looked straight back at him. "A little jumpy, fox?" Duo asked nonchalantly.

Kurama glared at him, before slowly lowering his fist. "Don't sneak up on me." He growled. Duo shrugged and peered down at the ball in Kurama's hand. "Found something of interest?" Duo asked. Kurama looked down at the ball in his hand. "Yes. I have." he said, and walked out of the store with the ball in his pocket, not paying.




*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
Aya: Okay, now REVIEW! I guess I can accept flamesT.T
Duo: *snicker*
Quatre: But try to be nice. TRY.
Aya: Yeah! Now, here's the after log quiz!



Quiz #1: Who's Your Guy?

Q1: What is your guy's likes?

a) he likes...um, his family? and friends...well, basically ANYTHING you CAN'T buy with money.

b) let's see...food, black clothes, his braid, and... *pauses* WHA T DO YOU MEAN YOU LIKE YUY?!!! H old on a sec, we need to talk! HEY! WHERE THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING!?!

c) um...katanas, his sister in the sisterly way, and alone time. LOTS of alone time.

d) roses. plants in general. his hair. You're such a girl! *dodges poisonous plant*

e) I have no idea. we never really talk. I don't know if he actually CAN talk.

f) martial arts and...justice. Why is it I always end up with the weirdoes ? *grumbles*

g) guns. that's about it.


Q2: What are his dislikes?

a) He's too sweet to hate anything. oh, except liver. he hates liver. I'm not sure why.

b) he said something about a pink poodle. i didn't know this world had pink poodles!

c) he says a certain baka ningen and everyone. *pauses* oh, that's COLD!

d) he hates Karasu. A LOT.

e) ...

f) injustice.

g) girls. and pink. hn.


Q3: What are his good sides?

a) he's sweet, kind, caring, and rich. did I mention rich, because he's rich. REALLY rich.

b) he's funny, wild, surprising, and HOT!

c) he's protective, obsessive, dominant, and territorial. wait-- that's good?

d) he's so smart and romantic! you should have SEEN how many roses he got me on V-day!

e) he's silent, so you won't be purged into uncomfortable conversation.

f) he's...justified?

g) *twitch* Guns are...shiny.


Q4: No guy is perfect (reality is cruel), so what are his bad habits/sides?

a) he's turning bipolar. *is huddled in a corner*

b) not much, really. he's just kind of like a gothic 5 year old possessed by Satan . not too bad, right? *is clutching cross*

c) he's protective, obsessive, dominant, and territorial. you know, that sounds kind of familiar...

d) people think I'm homosexual now. and him being BISEXUAL IS NOT HELPING!

e) he's silent, so you won't start up a conversation at all. Nada .

f) where to begin?! he's a justice-obsessed, mentality dwindling, sexist freak!!

g) he's a gun- obsessed , psychotic, killing machine, mania--oh, hi honey! I didn't see you there! *nervous laugh*

Key:

Mostly a's: Quatre Raberba Winner

Mostly b's: Duo Maxwell

Mostly c's: Hiei Jaganshi

Mostly d's: Kurama Minamino

Mostly e's: Trowa Barton

Mostly f's: Chang Wufei

Mostly g's: Heero Yuy