Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ 30 Days of Drabble ❯ Day 1: Big Fat or Little White: It's All the Same ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: I've been severely neglecting my writing but I think I might have come up with a way to combat that. For the next thirty days, I intend to post a drabble a day. The more I write, the more I end up WANTING to write and the easier it is to go about the whole process. So, here are the rules:

1. One drabble must be posted every day for the next thirty days.
2. I will spend at least 10 minutes writing said drabble.
3. Any fandom will be acceptable (but, honestly, they'll probably all end up Gundam Wing).
4. A prompt word will be used for every drabble. The prompt word does not have to appear in the fic, but should relate somehow.
5. (Prompt word will be Dictionary.com's Word of the Day. The one e-mailed to me.
6. I think that's all as far as rules go.


Day: 1
Date: February 10, 2010
Prompt: tarradiddle /tair-uh-DID-uhl/ , noun;
also taradiddle
1. A petty falsehood; a fib.
2. Pretentious nonsense.
Fandom: Gundam Wing
Character: Duo (who has clearly smartened himself up a bit)
Disclaimer: I don't own Mobile Suit Gundam Wing or any of its characters. MSGW is owned by Bandai, Sotsu and Sunrise.

Big Fat or Little White: It's All The Same

There's nothing quite like it on the tongue or in the mouth. Say it with me: Little White Lie. It should be a contradiction in and of itself. A harmless falsehood that wouldn't harm a fly, but you must wonder at the why of the situation. If it is harmless, if it is meaningless, then why use it to begin with? The answer is, and always will be, that it isn't. Just as cheating is cheating is cheating; lying will always be lying, whether it be of the Little White or the Big Fat variety. And, yes, I realize that I have on many occasions personally announced my aversion to indulging in the, shall we say, tarradiddle, but really, who would ever believe me. I certainly don't and that brings me to another point, that I won't at this time elaborate on. Don't believe everything you're told because we all know that the chances of it being false are pretty damn high especially if what you're told is, "I'll never lie."

- End -