Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ 30 Days of Drabble ❯ Day 13: Reversal ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: I tried to work the word "tetchy" into this but it wasn't cooperating. [Rules for this challenge are in chapter one.]

Day: 13
Date: February 22, 2010
Prompt: fractious /FRAK-shuhs/, adjective: 1. Tending to cause trouble; unruly. 2. Irritable; snappish; cranky.
Fandom: Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
Characters: Duo & Wufei
Disclaimer: Bandai, Sotsu and Sunrise own Gundam Wing. I just use the characters for my own amusement and with any luck at all, your amusement as well.


Reversal

The boy stood up and tapped a foot twice. He sat down, tilted the wooden chair onto its hind feet, balanced it there for a few seconds and then let it slam down onto all fours. He sighed loudly, scratched his belly and then stood back up to take up the new hobby of pacing.

Wufei refused to look up. He really didn't feel like acknowledging the behavior at all but for some reason ignoring the little shit did nothing but encourage him. The last thing Wufei wanted to do was encourage the incorrigible. "Do you really have nothing better to do than to count the ways of irritating me?"

Duo froze and even though he was still facing away from Wufei, the other boy just knew Duo was now grinning. "Am I annoying you, Chang?"

"Would I have bothered to say anything at all if you weren't?" He kept his eyes on his book but he had given up on reading it.

"Seven," Duo announced happily, flipping around to face Wufei and bearing the grin Wufei had known he would. "I made it to seven ways to annoy you before you decided to distract me."

"That's strange," said Wufei, closing his book. He set it on the cushion next to him and then, finally, looked at Duo. "It only took me one try to get a reaction out of you."

- End -