Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ 30 Days of Drabble ❯ Day 12: Death by Boredom ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Must not focus on the song by Shaggy. Must not focus on the song by Shaggy. I'm Mr. Boombastic... Dammit! [Rules for this challenge are in chapter one.]

Day: 12
Date: February 21, 2010
Prompt: bombast /BOM-bast/, noun: Pompous or pretentious speech or writing.
Fandom: Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
Character: Quatre
Disclaimer: Bandai, Sotsu and Sunrise own Gundam Wing. I just use the characters for my own amusement and with any luck at all, your amusement as well.


Death by Boredom

The instructor droned on for forty minutes in a monotone that had to have been specifically designed to inflict death by boredom. This was the absolute worst teacher Quatre had encountered in all of his fifteen years and that's including the overblown windbag hired by his father to teach the intricacies of politics. The speeches delivered by that guy were so full of self-adulation and bombast that he managed to convince Quatre that he was source of all wisdom before the elder Winner realized the situation and fired him.

Forty-five minutes... Too bad Quatre couldn't fire this guy. He should at least be allowed to get up and walk out.

Fifty minutes... Damn, was he losing time or had the clock just decided to jump ahead in greater increments?

Fifty-five minutes... He really was losing time! He glanced around. All of his classmates were either staring blankly off into space or asleep. Two were currently drooling. Lucky bastards.

That's it. He wasn't going to put up with it any longer and he didn't care if he got in trouble for it. He stood up. "Excuse me, Mr. Vandervelt?"

The instructor gave a tiny start, halting his lecture mid-sentence and looked at his student.

Quatre didn't wait for permission. "You are the worst lecturer I've ever had the opportunity to encounter and I am going down to the Dean's office to request that she replace you with someone capable of paying attention to his class enough to realize that they are asleep. We are here to learn not to have our brains melted through sheer boredom. I thank you to have a good day."

And he walked out.

- End -