Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ 30 Days of Drabble ❯ Day 15: Of Eggs, Trees and Little Bits of Stone ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: As I'm just starting this drabble, I'm supposed to be asleep in approximately 30 minutes, so this one's gonna be short. Sorry. [Rules for this challenge are in chapter one.]

Day: 15
Date: February 24, 2010
Prompt: arcanum /ar-KAY-nuhm/, noun; (plural arcana /-nuh/): 1. A secret; a mystery. 2. Specialized or mysterious knowledge, language, or information that is not accessible to the average person (generally used in the plural).
Fandom: Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
Character: Duo (who else?)
Disclaimer: Bandai, Sotsu and Sunrise own Gundam Wing. I just use the characters for my own amusement and with any luck at all, your amusement as well.


Of Eggs, Trees and Little Bits of Stone

It's like one of those age old mysteries. You know, "Which came first the chicken or the egg?" Or, "If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?" Or, "Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?" especially when no one even knows who Carmen Sandiego is. It's like one of those and no matter how much I think about it, I never really get any closer to the answer.

At this point, I'm sure you're dying to hear about what is bothering me so much. Okay, here goes. Why name a weapon of mass destruction "Sandrock?" Seriously. All of the other names are sufficiently threatening. Mind you my favorite is still Deathscythe but Heavyarms and Shenlong are both pretty aggressive. Wing's got the bird mode so at least it makes sense. Sandrock is sand and rock so that makes it rock and little bits of more rock. It's a rock. What's it gonna do; stare you to death? Will you into submission? I need to know. What's the purpose behind the name?

- End -