Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ 30 Days of Drabble ❯ Day 30: Conspicuouser & Conspicuouser ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Final entry for this challenge! Yay! I honestly thought I was gonna puss-out on it. Some were good, some were abysmal, but I finished it and I hope you enjoyed at least one or two of them. [Rules for this challenge are in chapter one.]


Day: 30
Date: March 11, 2010
Prompt: salient /SAY-lee-unt; SAYL-yunt/, adjective: 1. Shooting out or up; projecting. 2. Forcing itself on the attention; prominent; conspicuous; noticeable. 3. Leaping; springing; jumping. noun: 1. An outwardly projecting part of a fortification, trench system or line of defense. 2. A projecting angle or part.
Fandom: Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
Character: Written with Duo in mind, but feel free to read it with whoever you like.
Disclaimer: Bandai, Sotsu and Sunrise own Gundam Wing. I just use the characters for my own amusement and with any luck at all, your amusement as well.


Conspicuouser and Conspicuouser

"C'mon, guys! Let's see what you can do, now." The whispered endearment preceded an affectionate pat of the brick-sized device addressed. It then found itself firmly pressed onto the underside of a golf cart.

A hand disappeared into the drainage opening of the sewer. After a moment, footsteps pattered overhead and the cart pulled off with a quiet whirr.

Forty seconds ought to do it.

Fingers counted out the seconds. Five hands into the countdown, a hand-held button was removed from a back pocket and the protective cover flipped open. Seven hands in, the pad of a thumb rested on the brightly colored button.

"Alright, boys. Make me proud." Thumb squeezed down, earthquake shuttered through the concrete storm drain and a shadow slipped out of the sewer to blend into a shaded wall and then slithered into an unguarded door.

- End -