Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ A Normal Life ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:
I don't own Gundam and Esca, and their not for sale, but all bishonen involved are for rent....Oh, Hee-chan....

*Heero runs for his life*

Authoress Note: OK, I know ya'll are confused by the family tree and everything, I'll give a quick explanation. First, we have Mommie, a senior at my school. She adopted seven children. Ayanami is proud to be number 7! Mommie also adopted Mr. B., the band director, as Daddy B, therefore, he is our (Mommie's kids) grandfather. Each child has a number. Well, number 3 and 4 (I think) are going out together. Number 1 adopted a child of her own. Ayanami is dating Number 1's child. Yes, I'm dating my nephew. Got a problem with it?

Welcome to the marching band. ^_^

* * * * *

A Normal Life: Chapter 5

* * * * *

"Whatever you say, Heero." Duo shoveled down the rest of his breakfast, keeping his eyes on Heero. For one thing, he was laughing. That bothered Duo. He was laughing out loud. That bothered Duo even more. And he was laughing at Duo.

That really bothered Duo.

Relena noticed Duo's discomfort, and offered a small laugh, and a soft smile. She turned her eyes back to Heero. He's changed so much, he regained his humanity. He's gotten over his past. And look at me. I'm a mess, I can't even eat, and he....he's happy. He's doing OK. That's all I've ever wished for...why am I so depressed, when he's finally happy. I should feel happy for him...but I don't. She kept these thoughts to herself, and plastered a fake smile on her face. At least I should look happy.

Heero saw right through the fake expression. He stood, and moved his plate to the sink. He moved to take Relena's, because it was obvious she was done picking at her food. Before he could pick it up, a small hand stopped his.

"Daddy! She's not done yet! Remember, you've got to eat everything on your plate!" she recited, mimicking the expression and tone of voice he used so often with her. Heero's face fell into an odd expression, caught between a rock and a hard place. Either admit to his daughter that rules were different for grownups, or force Relena to eat it.

Duo heard the girls voice lower to a parody of Heero's, and nearly choked on his food. The kid was using Heero's own rules against him. Duo found himself liking the little girl even more then before. She was innocently making Heero's life very, very hard. Struggling to maintain a straight face, he sat back and watched the scene unfold.

Heero stood there with his mouth slightly open, not quite sure what to do. The look on his face was too much, Relena burst out laughing. And not some small fake laugh, it was the real thing. Real, heartfelt laughter. At Heero's expense.

"OK, OK. As long as I'm in this house, I'll follow the rules." she said, picking up the fork and taking a bite. Her eyes lit up as she did. Wow, this stuff is damn good! I never knew Heero could cook, much less so well!

Heero sat down, with a newfound respect for Aiko. Somehow, the girl had managed to get Relena to eat, and now she was devouring the food before her. It seemed as if Relena had been starving herself. Which is very probably what she's been doing. he thought, softly sighing. No way, no simple assassination attempt would cause her to behave like that. Maybe it's the fact that she's still in danger. He dismissed those thoughts, and focused on how she was laughing and eating, and all less than two hours from when Zechs had dropped her off.

Aiko finished off her food, and dropped her plate right on top of Heero's.

"What're we gonna do today, Daddy?" she climbed into his lap.

"I don't know, we don't have to be anywhere until 4:30 this afternoon." he replied.

"Can you take me to the park?" she started to play with a charm on her necklace.

Heero glanced up at Relena. The park was an exposed area. Easy to for snipers to hide, take the shot, and leave.

"Don't worry, they don't know we're here." Duo said, looking at the girl. "Besides, how could I deny such a pretty little girl a trip to the park?" he asked, looking down at the child in Heero's lap.

Heero cracked a small grin. "OK. I'll take you to the park." he admitted defeat.

"Can Uncle Duo come?"

Uncle Duo? The name is sticking... he thought.

"Of course I'm coming. The great Shinigami loves to go to the park!" he hopped up out of his seat, and pick up the child. "Oi, a heavy little one, aren't we?" he dropped the child in Heero's lap again.

"Yes, Duo, little kids are heaver than they look. Especially when there's two of them, they are squirming around, crying, and they don't want a bath." he grinned as Duo balked.

"Don't wanna bath!" the girl screamed, jumping out of her father's reach. Heero only laughed. Duo and Relena's eyebrows raised.

"I direct your attention to Exhibit A." he pointed to the girl staring at him distrustfully. "Now, Aiko, I never said I was gonna give you a bath." she remained where she was, glaring at him.

"Don't wanna bath." she stated loudly, and took a step away.

"Aiko-chan, I'm not going to give you a bath." he assured her.

"Promise?" she refused to move until he promised.

"Promise, unless you get dirty."

She didn't like his response.

"Are you dirty?" he asked. She quickly checked her arms, and shook her head. "If you're not dirty, you don't get a bath." he soothed.

"OK." she walked back up to him, and sat on his lap again.

Heero grinned with his hidden victory. He picked her up, and set her on her feet. Putting Duo and Relena's empty plates in the sink, he walked out into the living room.

"Can we go now, please Daddy, pleeeeease?" she was hopping up and down, grabbing his shirt.

"No, Aiko-chan, it's too early." he said, and sat down on the couch.

"But, Daddy--"

"Don't 'But, Daddy' me, little girl. Mr. Zechs went and woke me up early this morning. Daddy is tired." he said, and then ignored the little girl's protests.

"God, Heero, you've become a father in every respect! You gotta eat all the food on you're plate, you fight her to get her to take baths--"

"Don't wanna bath!"

"--and even take her to the park! Heero Yuy, a father! I've seen a six year old child get the better of the perfect soldier! Now I've seen everything!" Duo finished, incredulous. "I'm going to take a lot of pictures, otherwise Hilde will never believe me."

Heero's eyes narrowed. "Why does it matter if she believes you are not?"

"Because she owes me 20 buc..." he trailed off at Heero's deathglare.

"Oh? You bet on me? What was the bet, exactly?." He asked in his trademark monotone.

"Twenty bucks Heero blows your head off." Relena walked up beside the astonished, and very frightened Duo. "They placed a bet on how much you've changed since we've seen you last. Duo was drunk at the time. Very drunk. He bet 20 bucks that you were living happily ever after, with two kids and a minivan." She informed him, a smile gracing her lips. "We all had a good laugh at his expense. The thought of 'Omae o korosu' Heero Yuy with kids was simply....ahh.... very amusing.

"Well, I don't have a minivan, but..." Heero's eyes were wide, and he was grinning. "I guess, sometimes it pays to be drunk."

"So....you're not gonna kill me?" he asked meekly.

"Oh, yeah, that. Uh, where's my gun, I wouldn't want Relena to lose her bet..." he looked around, as if to search for a gun left on the table or something. Relena let out a laugh and a small blush colored her cheeks. Duo wasn't sure if he should laugh too, or if Heero was only joking.

Heero laughed some more at Duo. Duo couldn't believe he was laughing so much, but he was. He guessed it was a good thing. Or rather, he hoped.

"OK, Daddy, can we go to the park now?" Aiko dashed back over to her father. "It's been a really long time already, let's go!" she tugged on his shirt.

"Hold on, Aiko." he said. He went over to a locked drawer in the desk in the corner, and unlocked it. Pulling it open, he removed a child safety lock from the gun within. He put on a jacket, and slipped the gun into the pocket, after checking it for ammo. "Let's go."

Heero led them out the door and to the local park. The little girl was skipping along the sidewalk a few yards ahead of the three young adults.

"Oh, yeah. One thing I wanted to tell you two. Never, in her entire life, has that little one ever made it home from the park in any state other than dirty."

"And that means, when we get back..." Duo trailed off.

"Bathtime."

* * * * *

I was expecting to get into more stuff involving the band in this chapter, but I guess not. Worry not, they will make their appearance, but it might not be for a few chapters. I have to work on the HYxRP fluff before I shove the matchmaker (Mommie) in there. Mwahahahahahaha. *hugs for all*

* * * * *

-Ayanami_Chan
ayanami_rei@softhome.net