Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ A Part of Me ❯ A Night In the Dessert ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A Night in the Desert



"You were there for every moment of my life. You have shared all the happiness , sadness , love , hate , and pain. Thats why I love you , for you are a part of me."

Naomi followed Quatre up the steps listening to him carefully. "Now your room will be right next to mine, so if you have any trouble during the night you can just yell. We also got you some cooler clothes. I know that you must be hot right now."
She looked down at her shirt and saw the dark areas that were forming from her sweat. She laughed , trying to cover her embarassment and then glared at Quatre, not seeing a hint of the heat on his whole body. "Arent you hot?" She questioned.
He laughed. "Im used to this weather. It takes a lot for me to get hot now." He gave a smile and stopped at a grand oak door. " Here you go!" He opened the door to reveal a large plush bed with deep red scarfs hanging from the polls. It was full of oak furniture trimmed with gold. One large cabinet was full of beautiful instruments, some carved from wood.
"This room is beautiful," She exclaimed. Quatre set down her bags on the floor.
"Thank you. After the war I built this place to stay in. It's very quiet here and a wonderful place to relax. I built the hanger underneath but I never thought that it would go into any use." He watched her as she jumped onto the bed. She relaxed her body and stared at the cieling.
"I could go to sleep right now," she replied with a meek smile.
A butler walked into the room and bowed. "Master Quatre , dinner is ready." He left just as quickly as he came and Quatre turned to Naomi with a smile.
" I guess you should get ready for dinner. Change , primp, or do whatever you girls do!" He smiled and walked to the door. "After dinner , well go see Bloodstar."
Naomi shot out of the bed. "Geez , look , Im already done. Lets go eat."


Dinner was brief as Naomi shoveled the food down her throaght. All she wanted to do was see Blood Star. It had been over two years since it had even left Headquarters but now it was right under her feet. After their plates were taken up, Naomi skipped behind Quatre all the way to the elevator to the underground hanger. She watched as the stell doors opened and a small gasp escaped her mouth as she saw her.
"She looks better than ever! She is magnificent!" She glazed up at her Gundam , watching it shine under the flouresent lighting. The silver , blue, and black color combination was just as beautiful as ever. She saw its weapon on the floor beside it, glittering in its glory. She turned to Quatre and smiled. "I cant wait to fly her." She held out her arms and slowly spun around. She stopped looking at Quatre and bite her lip," I am so happy when Im in her."
He smiled at her reactions ,but couldnt help feeling repulsed by the joy she got out of such a terrifing weapon. She seemed a little like Duo and Heero. Her light spirit could light up the room , but the root of her demented mind was to deep to pull up. " If you want to test drive her , you can. Out in the middle of the desert , no one will see you."
Her grin widened and her eyes sparkled. "Really!?! Oh , I want to so much!!" She grabbed Quatre's hand and spun him around. He laughed as she let go.
"Just let me tell Rashied and you'll be ready for launch."


She played in it for over three hours. She had to let her body recall everything about Blood Star. She let herself adjust to the smell of the cockpit. Her hands traveled over the controls. At first it was akward just to walk around but soon she was boosting and running all about , shooting her machine guns at miscellaneous areas. After about an hour , Quatre came out in Sandrock and the tussled around a bit , wrestling with their Gundams. As the night turned darker , her and Quatre went in. She watched as they loaded her Gundam on the plane for the next day's trip. Biting her lip in excitement , Naomi couldnt wait to be in that cockpit again. At around 1am in the morning Quatre came up to her.
"I know you are excited but you need to get some rest. We are leaving early. If you go to bed now , youll at least get 6 hours of sleep." He placed his hand on her shoulder.
She giggled quietly and looked towards Quatre. " I guess your right. There isnt a point torturing myself. I just cant wait to be in her again."
Quatre stared at her, " What makes you want to fly that Gundam so much? I have never seen anyone so excited about war. I mean dont you relize that you are only getting to fly in this Gundam to kill people?"
" I dont know why I love it so much." She tangled a finger into her blonde curls. " I just feel complete in that cockpit. Like Im at home." She smiled her cheeks blushing.
Quatre patted her on the back , slightly confused. " Well lets get you to bed."
She smiled in agreement and the two went to their rooms, resting for the day to come.
day, Russia::

Quatre shook her gently as the plane came to a halt. " Naomi, we're here."
She moaned softly muttering, " But I dont want to go to school today mommy."
He laughed , shaking her a little harder. "Naomi , wake up , how good would it look for Wufei to meet you when you're still sleeping."
Naomi opened her eyes slowly , rubbing one with her small hand. " Geez , what time is it? I slept through the whole flight?"
Quatre looked at her with a smile. " Well the flight was only two hours but yes, you slept the whole way." He stood stretching a bit and held out a hand to help her up. She gladly took it , letting him pull her out of the seat. They grabbed their on board bags.
"How long are we going to stay here?" Naomi questioned as the went out of the plane doors and descended the steps into the cold Russian air.
"Only as long as it takes to get Wufei's Gundam loaded. We arent staying here over night , its way too cold." Quatre shivered , even if he was under a think woolen coat. Being used to warm weather wasnt helping him now.
"Good , Im ready to get to St Gabriel Academy , I want to know what the rest of our mission is." She smiled pulling her hood over her head to shield her ears from the harsh breezes.
" Yeah , well Wufei doesnt like to waste time." He smiled and ran straight into a tall, buff chinese man. "Could you watch..." Quatre said annoyed as he eyed the character. He quickly gasped and simply replied ,"Oh my!"
" Its been a while hasnt it Winner," Wufie replied , a smirk smeared across his face.